Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson 11:38 - Jul 23 with 91586 viewsLiam

Lots of people saying this on Twitter.

With Everton - £40m up front + £5m addons
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 11:49]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 15:53 - Jul 26 with 3132 viewsmonmouth

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2017/jul/26/gylfi-sigurdsso

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:08 - Jul 26 with 3053 viewsFerryjack123

He took full part in training with the first team today so don't right off him staying just yet, if he was pushing for a move that much this would not have happened plus PC must think his head is in it or there would be no point, be interesting to see if he's in the squad to play Saturday assuming nothing happens between now and then
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:13 - Jul 26 with 3028 viewsShonky

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 15:53 - Jul 26 by monmouth

https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2017/jul/26/gylfi-sigurdsso

I didn't know The Resurrection worked for the guardian.

Its just a ride...

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:15 - Jul 26 with 3010 viewsmonmouth

Bloke's a decent player for sure, but I think if we've really turned down anything over forty million for him, we will come to regret it.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:22 - Jul 26 with 2967 viewsShonky

Got to love football supporters though. The first time we show some mettle in the transfer market and everyone saying we should sell. They really cant win.

Its just a ride...

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:23 - Jul 26 with 2958 viewsFerryjack123

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:15 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Bloke's a decent player for sure, but I think if we've really turned down anything over forty million for him, we will come to regret it.

Honestly mate?? I mean you know exactly what your gonna get from him every season, you know he's gonna chip in with his fair share of goals and assists and his unbelievable work rate.. 40 mill is a huge some I grant you that but you can't be sure to replicate what he's gives to the team even if we buy 2 players at 20 mill each
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:26 - Jul 26 with 2932 viewsmonmouth

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:22 - Jul 26 by Shonky

Got to love football supporters though. The first time we show some mettle in the transfer market and everyone saying we should sell. They really cant win.

No, I'm really glad they've done it, but there is a point when it really is brinkmanship, and if we lose this deal at anything over 40m, I think it will be to out future detriment. I'm all for showing that we are no longer a soft touch.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:33 - Jul 26 with 2903 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:26 - Jul 26 by monmouth

No, I'm really glad they've done it, but there is a point when it really is brinkmanship, and if we lose this deal at anything over 40m, I think it will be to out future detriment. I'm all for showing that we are no longer a soft touch.

My feelings as well, the £40-£45 million should have been accepted, we are just stuck in limbo again, Gylfi obviously doesn't want to be here, I hope we don't blow this

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:40 - Jul 26 with 2861 viewsShonky

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:33 - Jul 26 by raynor94

My feelings as well, the £40-£45 million should have been accepted, we are just stuck in limbo again, Gylfi obviously doesn't want to be here, I hope we don't blow this

Keeping Gylfi doesn't qualify as blowing it. Ferrie Bodde didn't want to be here. It wont be the first time we have kept a wantaway.

Its just a ride...

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:42 - Jul 26 with 2844 viewsAngelRangelQS

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:22 - Jul 26 by Shonky

Yeah some people on here are still banging on about how little we got for Bony.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:43 - Jul 26 with 2829 viewsnyc_swans

i understand there's some principle at stake for holding out for 50M, but i just don't see a) how much difference the final 5m really makes at this point and b) why you would risk the worst possible outcome, which is losing out on a massive payday and having a player be forced to stick around who clearly doesn't want to be at the club

at times like this i wonder if the americans are fit to make these kinds of calls. there is no comparable situation in american sports that you can relate this situation to
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:48 - Jul 26 with 2780 viewsSwans_16

Difference is i don't think Gylfi is that kind of character. By all means if £50 million comes in and he wants to go, then go.

If £50 million doesn't come in, then he won't go. And i think by PC allowing him to train with the first team again today shows Gylfi's character. He's not exactly going to do a Barkley or a Costa and refuse to play, completely different people. The latter two are mercenaries, Gylfi is not.

The uncertainty this has brought and overshadowed our entire preseason does however need to stop. The board should just say if you don't stump up the cash by Friday the deal is off and he's not for sale at any price. The longer this saga goes on, the more it will be at the detriment of our squad.

Keeping Gylfi is certainly a good option, and a safe one at that so we hold all the cards in this one. You could spend £20-25 million on two players (Not that it would happen), and they may not be anywhere near Gylfi's level.

I don't understand why on earth this thread has reached 12 pages of predominantly pointless posts when Everton have not even met our asking price for a player yet.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 16:50]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:50 - Jul 26 with 2769 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:40 - Jul 26 by Shonky

Keeping Gylfi doesn't qualify as blowing it. Ferrie Bodde didn't want to be here. It wont be the first time we have kept a wantaway.

Well it does in my eyes, as I said he's refused to play, perhaps I'm like the Resurrection, I'd happily take the 40 million fetch some quality playmakers in and get back to playing some tidy passing football

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:56 - Jul 26 with 2734 viewsShonky

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:50 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Well it does in my eyes, as I said he's refused to play, perhaps I'm like the Resurrection, I'd happily take the 40 million fetch some quality playmakers in and get back to playing some tidy passing football

"some" quality playmakers? So you are expecting multiple players that can contribute at Premier league level for £40m, in todays market? As Duncan Banatyne says, I'm out.

Its just a ride...

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:58 - Jul 26 with 2714 viewsJonTheJack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:26 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Understand your point. But I'm definitely leaning more to the view of we know what we're getting and its worth the risk of staying in the league and pushing on if it's around £40m. £50m I'm more inclined to agree with you and sell.

We can't guarantee that the sum we would expect would be pumped back into the side effectively.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 17:00 - Jul 26 with 2693 viewsTheKirkyLife

Taking part in first team training says volumes to me.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 17:06 - Jul 26 with 2667 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:56 - Jul 26 by Shonky

"some" quality playmakers? So you are expecting multiple players that can contribute at Premier league level for £40m, in todays market? As Duncan Banatyne says, I'm out.

Multiple your word, I'd settle for two quality additions, Markovic is available at £8 million, Vieira overpriced at £25 million, but still gives you some idea what we can buy in

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 17:11 - Jul 26 with 2626 viewsSwansea93

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 17:06 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Multiple your word, I'd settle for two quality additions, Markovic is available at £8 million, Vieira overpriced at £25 million, but still gives you some idea what we can buy in

Seen earlier Liverpool want 16m for Markovic not 8m like reported.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 17:13 - Jul 26 with 2611 viewsJoe_bradshaw

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10962557/liverpools-lazar-markovic-

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 17:34 - Jul 26 with 2502 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 17:11 - Jul 26 by Swansea93

Seen earlier Liverpool want 16m for Markovic not 8m like reported.

Yes, looks like he's off to Fiorentina for said £16 million

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 17:38 - Jul 26 with 2477 viewsDr_Winston

The problem is that we weren't offered £45m. We were offered £40m with maybe a bit extra depending on circumstances. £40m guaranteed money is still well short of the stated asking price, and taking the piss a little.

If we had been offered a flat £45m then I suspect we'd have accepted it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 18:09 - Jul 26 with 2331 viewsOldjack

Id rather keep Siggy, than spunk away 40 mill on unproven players, after all his experience in this unforgiving league is priceless to us

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 18:11 - Jul 26 with 2327 viewsWarwickHunt

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 15:23 - Jul 26 by snork44

It is not only Koeman, Everton have turned classless as well. With the new owner the club have turned into 'Chelsea' lite ! The club was once called 'The school of science' and the fans prided themselves on being called the 'People's club' ,now they are now just another Billionaire's plaything and will be as soulless as Chelsea and Man City.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 15:31]

Football club has some internet wànkers.

Hold. The. Front. Page.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 18:59 - Jul 26 with 2181 viewsJethroJack

Imagine selling Siggy for £50M & the Yanks use £30M to bring in 2/3 new "quality" players.
Also, imagine 1, 2 or 3 of those "quality" players is a £15M Borja Baston clone.
He's never worth £40M, let alone £50M...but better the Devil you know, eh.
That said, we'll probably still sell.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 19:25 - Jul 26 with 2044 viewsmonmouth

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 18:11 - Jul 26 by WarwickHunt

Football club has some internet wànkers.

Hold. The. Front. Page.

Well, we don't have any. Just look at this site. I rest my case M'lud.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024