Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson 11:38 - Jul 23 with 88947 viewsLiam

Lots of people saying this on Twitter.

With Everton - £40m up front + £5m addons
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 11:49]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:23 - Jul 24 with 2954 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:18 - Jul 24 by Headmaster

A part of me is loving all this, fair play.

Yes will all be worth it when he scores a 93rd minute winner for us at Goodison

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:24 - Jul 24 with 2944 viewsvetchonian

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:03 - Jul 24 by EFC

In the last 10 seasons

Everton
Leicester
Southampton
Newcastle
Aston Villa

All of the above have finished 6th or higher on atleast 1 occasion, the idea that the top 6 is some mystical wall that can't be broken is a fallacy. It was once the top 4 until City got their lottery win and Spurs estbalished themselves under Pochettino.

We finished 15 points ahead of 8th and that was in a season of transition, Lukakus goals got us a total of 9 points last season so even without any of his goals we still would have finished 6 points clear of 8th. Considering we are moving to a new 55-60k seater stadium, are investing decent sums in the playing squad and have improved other areas of the pitch namely the GK, CB and the midfield positions with Gana, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Klaassan and Sandro all signing the past season the league could effectively turn into a top 7.

In all fairness, even if we are still miles of the CL (which I agree with) o suggest Siggurdsson would rather stay fighting relegation than be playing in Europe next season is deluded tbh.

But Everton fans have heard it all last season:

Southampton fans said it over Koeman
Palace fans said it over Bolasie
Burnley fans said it over Keane
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 21:05]

And tell me how did you fare against us last season.....in our season of disarray?
We were even robbed of a win at Goodison under the stewardship of the clown Bob. You guys were lucky to get a draw at home against us

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:25 - Jul 24 with 2932 viewsChrisSCFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:24 - Jul 24 by vetchonian

And tell me how did you fare against us last season.....in our season of disarray?
We were even robbed of a win at Goodison under the stewardship of the clown Bob. You guys were lucky to get a draw at home against us

Should had kept Bobbie.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:25 - Jul 24 with 2923 viewsTheFranchise

I think West Ham will finish above them.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:27 - Jul 24 with 2885 viewsAl_Bundy

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:03 - Jul 24 by EFC

In the last 10 seasons

Everton
Leicester
Southampton
Newcastle
Aston Villa

All of the above have finished 6th or higher on atleast 1 occasion, the idea that the top 6 is some mystical wall that can't be broken is a fallacy. It was once the top 4 until City got their lottery win and Spurs estbalished themselves under Pochettino.

We finished 15 points ahead of 8th and that was in a season of transition, Lukakus goals got us a total of 9 points last season so even without any of his goals we still would have finished 6 points clear of 8th. Considering we are moving to a new 55-60k seater stadium, are investing decent sums in the playing squad and have improved other areas of the pitch namely the GK, CB and the midfield positions with Gana, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Klaassan and Sandro all signing the past season the league could effectively turn into a top 7.

In all fairness, even if we are still miles of the CL (which I agree with) o suggest Siggurdsson would rather stay fighting relegation than be playing in Europe next season is deluded tbh.

But Everton fans have heard it all last season:

Southampton fans said it over Koeman
Palace fans said it over Bolasie
Burnley fans said it over Keane
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 21:05]

Nobody on this board is suggesting a Siggy move would not be an attractive move and playing in Europe etc.... and the cash !!

What we are saying that if we value a player then you should step and pay up !

You blues fans have degraded our club on every level because you can't get your way and we're not rolling over by your demands.

As for your on pitch success - you should be finishing between 6th to 8th and you will finish there again this season
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:31 - Jul 24 with 2817 viewsgolly47

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:15 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Crikey.

This might all be a bit Nutsville Tennessee but I'm enjoying watching this saga. Get them to offer 50, and then say "51"

Go on Jase/Steve. I double dare you.

No for the love of god no. Like an annoying kid in the back of a people carrier chanting "are we there yet", I've been hitting F5 on this poxy website forever waiting for a confirmation that Gylfi has gone. I really can't take it anymore with the Gylfi posts. It's like Y2k all over again.

Poll: What was worse?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:32 - Jul 24 with 2791 viewsTheFranchise

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:31 - Jul 24 by golly47

No for the love of god no. Like an annoying kid in the back of a people carrier chanting "are we there yet", I've been hitting F5 on this poxy website forever waiting for a confirmation that Gylfi has gone. I really can't take it anymore with the Gylfi posts. It's like Y2k all over again.

you can get meds for that
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:36 - Jul 24 with 2720 viewsEFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:27 - Jul 24 by Al_Bundy

Nobody on this board is suggesting a Siggy move would not be an attractive move and playing in Europe etc.... and the cash !!

What we are saying that if we value a player then you should step and pay up !

You blues fans have degraded our club on every level because you can't get your way and we're not rolling over by your demands.

As for your on pitch success - you should be finishing between 6th to 8th and you will finish there again this season

I woudlnt say degraded at all mate, have we had our manager or players talk up Siggurdsson like Mourinho/Cahill/Terry did with Stones? No

Have we had ex players come out telling Siggurdsson to hand in a Transfer Request to force a move like Liverpool have with Van Dijk? No

The simple fact is Everton have offered more money than Swansea will ever get for a 28 year old who'll never get another offer similiar.

Said player has since not travelled with the squad to pre season, missed time with said squad, and you guys are waiting for him to go before replacing him in time for the start of the season - in which case if you buy abroad it could take a few games for said player to get upto the pace of the league/understanding with his team mates.

Swansea are entitled to ask for whatever they want, but I personally think they are cutting of their noses to spite their faces when they narrowly avoided relegation last season and could be rebuilding the swuad instead of postering for weeks over a measly £5 million.

Players come and go mate, we sold Lukaku to Utd, they never degraded us they just offered big money (that wasn't the £100 million we wanted) we accepted and moved on. Obviously it's completely upto Swansea if to sell at what price and Everton have to put up or shut up, but to suggest Everton are degrading Swansea isn't true imo.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 21:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:39 - Jul 24 with 2671 viewsTheFranchise

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:36 - Jul 24 by EFC

I woudlnt say degraded at all mate, have we had our manager or players talk up Siggurdsson like Mourinho/Cahill/Terry did with Stones? No

Have we had ex players come out telling Siggurdsson to hand in a Transfer Request to force a move like Liverpool have with Van Dijk? No

The simple fact is Everton have offered more money than Swansea will ever get for a 28 year old who'll never get another offer similiar.

Said player has since not travelled with the squad to pre season, missed time with said squad, and you guys are waiting for him to go before replacing him in time for the start of the season - in which case if you buy abroad it could take a few games for said player to get upto the pace of the league/understanding with his team mates.

Swansea are entitled to ask for whatever they want, but I personally think they are cutting of their noses to spite their faces when they narrowly avoided relegation last season and could be rebuilding the swuad instead of postering for weeks over a measly £5 million.

Players come and go mate, we sold Lukaku to Utd, they never degraded us they just offered big money (that wasn't the £100 million we wanted) we accepted and moved on. Obviously it's completely upto Swansea if to sell at what price and Everton have to put up or shut up, but to suggest Everton are degrading Swansea isn't true imo.

If the £5m is so insignificant, pay it.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:39 - Jul 24 with 2653 viewsvetchonian

Fighting relegation we were but you still couldn't beat us even at Goodison

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:42 - Jul 24 with 2595 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:39 - Jul 24 by vetchonian

Cheek we finished 15th nearly mid table.
I really hope Evertons new owner doesn't get bored and turn them into the next Pompey or Leeds that would be terrible.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:43 - Jul 24 with 2575 viewsvetchonian

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 12:29 - Jul 23 by Neath_Jack

Is Mesa a Huw signing?

Yes he thought someone said Messi

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:44 - Jul 24 with 2556 viewsMo_Wives

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:15 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Crikey.

This might all be a bit Nutsville Tennessee but I'm enjoying watching this saga. Get them to offer 50, and then say "51"

Go on Jase/Steve. I double dare you.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:47 - Jul 24 with 2517 viewsChrisSCFC

"Swansea are entitled to ask for whatever they want."

Sound.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:49 - Jul 24 with 2473 viewsjack247

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 20:36 - Jul 24 by ChrisSCFC

Don't think keeping our best player would be a disaster myself.

No,it wouldn't. Keeping him until the end of August, even the eve of the season would be if he isn't going to stay.

I think we could add some genuine depth to a weak first team pool with that kind of money.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:50 - Jul 24 with 2469 viewsPozuelosSideys

I like these new found hairy balls of ours, it sets a good precedent.

Even moreso that the Yanks are telling a bunch of scallies to pay up or go suck them

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:53 - Jul 24 with 2420 viewsSteensig

Agreed 100 % dont take no piss, they obviously want him so bad, but he is worth 50 mil to us, not a penny less
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 2344 viewsEFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:49 - Jul 24 by jack247

No,it wouldn't. Keeping him until the end of August, even the eve of the season would be if he isn't going to stay.

I think we could add some genuine depth to a weak first team pool with that kind of money.

Exactly my thoughts mate, yet some of your fans seem more bothered about "not looking weak" I just don't understand why you would want him around when he wants out. Lukaku is the best striker I've seen in an Everton shirt since the 80's yet soon as he rejected that new deal I wanted him out on July 1st.

Personally I think it'll go to £45 million rising to £50 million with add ons as Koeman clearly wants him, but I think Swansea should be taking the money and reinvesting in players who want to play for the shirt.

I may come across as condacending but I'm merely giving the opposing viewpoint that many fans from other clubs have When they seen that bid rejected. I like Swansea as a club and hope they have a good season. Got alot of time for the Welsh anarl!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 21:59]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 2333 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:39 - Jul 24 by vetchonian

And that was with Bob, in all his glory.

Llorente was left completely out of the lineup, and Borja sat on the bench the whole game. That's because Bob's brilliant new idea that afternoon was Siggy at striker. And our CB's were Jordi and Fed. The backup CB was VDH, with Mawson also left completely out of the lineup.

Good times, LOL.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 22:03]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:01 - Jul 24 with 2288 viewsPozuelosSideys

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:58 - Jul 24 by EFC

Exactly my thoughts mate, yet some of your fans seem more bothered about "not looking weak" I just don't understand why you would want him around when he wants out. Lukaku is the best striker I've seen in an Everton shirt since the 80's yet soon as he rejected that new deal I wanted him out on July 1st.

Personally I think it'll go to £45 million rising to £50 million with add ons as Koeman clearly wants him, but I think Swansea should be taking the money and reinvesting in players who want to play for the shirt.

I may come across as condacending but I'm merely giving the opposing viewpoint that many fans from other clubs have When they seen that bid rejected. I like Swansea as a club and hope they have a good season. Got alot of time for the Welsh anarl!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 21:59]

Mate, you got top dollar for Lukaku. Our owners will have seen that and will want top dollar for our best player as well.

Im suprised, but i think youll need to pay £50m, with none of these silly add-ons on the never never

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:02 - Jul 24 with 2266 viewsAl_Bundy

You obviously don't read your own messageboard if you think your fans haven't degraded us in this saga.

We have had a similar bid from Leicester although it was a massive £5M less that yours.

Did you not get what you asked for Lukaku?
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:03 - Jul 24 with 2229 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 21:53 - Jul 24 by Steensig

Agreed 100 % dont take no piss, they obviously want him so bad, but he is worth 50 mil to us, not a penny less

Give them till August 1st to pay the 50 after that the price goes up to 55 seems reasonable to me.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:08 - Jul 24 with 2167 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:03 - Jul 24 by Borojack

Give them till August 1st to pay the 50 after that the price goes up to 55 seems reasonable to me.

Fair enough, so our incoming deals are staying on the back burner for another week? that will be two weeks before the season starts

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:12 - Jul 24 with 2099 viewsBorojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:08 - Jul 24 by raynor94

Fair enough, so our incoming deals are staying on the back burner for another week? that will be two weeks before the season starts

We are working on incoming deals they have a billionaire owner if they can afford to double Sigurdsson wages they can afford 50 million.
Pay the price or bugger off.
If Kyle Walker is worth 52 Gylfi is worth 50.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:20 - Jul 24 with 1978 viewsEFC

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 22:01 - Jul 24 by PozuelosSideys

Mate, you got top dollar for Lukaku. Our owners will have seen that and will want top dollar for our best player as well.

Im suprised, but i think youll need to pay £50m, with none of these silly add-ons on the never never

We got £75 million upfront for Rom mate, if you get £40 million which is more than half what we got for a 23 year old forward who bangs 25 goals a season. Siggurdsson is 28 with little resale value who whilst had very good stats isn't on the same level of player as Lukaku. The likes of Morata went for what £65 million? Bernado Silva £42 million? Salah £38 million?

I just think we've offered more than what you'll get elsewhere, as they say something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. The markets crazy and once you get that £50 million every club out there will be looking to add another £5-10 million onto your targets which you'll pay as deadline day approaches.

It's madness mate.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 22:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024