Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we take this legal action 15:24 - Jul 23 with 4390 viewsJENKINSOUT

it is looking increasingly likely that we will take legal action against the yanks if posts on here are anything to go by which is what I am voting for anyway
I hope that when it happens that there are enough of the keyboard warriors ready to step up and make that happen as I can see the trust board standing down on mass surely it will be impossible for them to carry on when we vote against their recommendations
the likes of E20jack nookiejack and londonlisa will need to step up to the plate or is this the classic case of its easier to stand and snipe from the sidelines then put yourself into the firing line that you have enjoyed seeing others in
wonder what will happen to the supporter director when he stands down as I dont think there is any legal agreement that the club have to retain a director from the trust on the board
interesting times ahead when the vote results are announced

Poll: is the res right or wrong on jenkins

When we take this legal action on 15:33 - Jul 23 with 3668 viewsmonmouth

The Trust Board have already promised emphatically to follow through the will of the members 100% whichever way it goes, so you can relax.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

When we take this legal action on 15:38 - Jul 23 with 3634 viewsunion_jack

Be very careful what you wish for here folks.

Out of everything to be considered, look bear in mind these two points when casting your vote:

- How it will affect our on-field performance

- Huw Jenkins is here at the pleasure of the majority shareholders and will remain so until they say otherwise.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

When we take this legal action on 15:39 - Jul 23 with 3620 viewsE20Jack

Sadly, the posts on here and what you see on social media probably amount to about 30-40 votes. There are 1000+ members out there, many of which will not have the first clue what they are being presented with and will trust the Trust (pardon the expession) and go with the recommendation.

There is no way on this earth that it will go to litigation due to the set up of the vote structure and the wording of the materials surrounding it. Which is desperately sad as I genuinelly feel that is the day the Trust and any possibility of protecting this club in the future dies with it.

What on earth is £5m pre tax going to achieve?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

When we take this legal action on 15:40 - Jul 23 with 3619 viewsEasternJack

As stated before elsewhere - a membership,vote for legal action will force the Americans back to the table to negotiate. The Trust will have considerable leverage from this. Certainly enough tontest the Americans resolve regarding HJ - I doubt that line in the sand will stay there if the threat of legal action becomes real and present.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

When we take this legal action on 15:41 - Jul 23 with 3609 viewsswanforthemoney

Monny is right, of course, this was made clear at the first consultation meeting at the Liberty.
It was also clear that a huge majority of the approximately 100 of those who heard and debated the pros and cons 'in person' were in favour of accepting the offer on the table.

I stand in the North Stand

When we take this legal action on 16:18 - Jul 23 with 3495 viewsItchySphincter

This is worse than Brexit.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

When we take this legal action on 17:17 - Jul 23 with 3339 viewsMattG

When we take this legal action on 15:33 - Jul 23 by monmouth

The Trust Board have already promised emphatically to follow through the will of the members 100% whichever way it goes, so you can relax.

For what it's worth, I've already said in another thread that if I happen to get re-elected onto the Board and there is a vote for legal action then I will do everything I can to make that successful.

I certainly won't be throwing my toys out of the pram because a majority of people voted for something different.
When we take this legal action on 17:49 - Jul 23 with 3241 viewsjacabertawe

Since when do PS posts reflect typical supporters' views?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Login to get fewer ads

When we take this legal action on 18:00 - Jul 23 with 3199 viewsNookiejack

I haven't read sniping.

The argument is why should the Trust receive a lower offer for its shares than all the other shareholders.

For those members who want to keep 21% they haven't been offered this by the Yanks - as Trust has to concede the Drag rights.

If Trust doesn't take the Yanks offer then it doesn't receive the tag rights which means it's shares are illiquid.

Litigation is the rationale option.

The Trust Board will be in a much stronger negotiating position if the members vote for litigation.
When we take this legal action on 18:07 - Jul 23 with 3172 viewsJENKINSOUT

good to read that there wont be mass resignations although it will bring into question how many positions are untenable

nookie you make this point over and over again that it is a good thing from a negotiation point but its only fair to point out that this is your belief and no cast iron guarantee it will mean a better offer coming forward? they may just be prepared to take their chances depending what their legal team is telling them? After all you need to remember a win is not guaranteed
and at least we know which way you are voting nookiejack - I assume you are a trust member yes?

When we take this legal action on 22:49 - Jul 23 with 2924 viewsGowerjack

When we take this legal action on 15:39 - Jul 23 by E20Jack

Sadly, the posts on here and what you see on social media probably amount to about 30-40 votes. There are 1000+ members out there, many of which will not have the first clue what they are being presented with and will trust the Trust (pardon the expession) and go with the recommendation.

There is no way on this earth that it will go to litigation due to the set up of the vote structure and the wording of the materials surrounding it. Which is desperately sad as I genuinelly feel that is the day the Trust and any possibility of protecting this club in the future dies with it.

Yep.

A crying shame.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

When we take this legal action on 11:51 - Jul 24 with 2742 viewsThursday

When we take this legal action on 18:07 - Jul 23 by JENKINSOUT

good to read that there wont be mass resignations although it will bring into question how many positions are untenable

nookie you make this point over and over again that it is a good thing from a negotiation point but its only fair to point out that this is your belief and no cast iron guarantee it will mean a better offer coming forward? they may just be prepared to take their chances depending what their legal team is telling them? After all you need to remember a win is not guaranteed
and at least we know which way you are voting nookiejack - I assume you are a trust member yes?

I'll take a stab at how many positions would be untenable. Zero. Everyone who has spoken out on the recommendation of the deal has also spoken out on the commitment to the vote.

I'll be amazed if the vote is for litigation, anyway. Doesn't matter what is posted online if the majority haven't read it.
When we take this legal action on 11:54 - Jul 24 with 2725 viewsicecoldjack

It's like Brexit all over again !

The Remoaners V The Brexiters .
When we take this legal action on 14:42 - Jul 24 with 2583 viewsJENKINSOUT

When we take this legal action on 11:54 - Jul 24 by icecoldjack

it is just that and it has more than just that as similarities
the side not expected to win (by those who are voting for it) are already making excuses for losing (see E20jacks endless posts saying that people will just agree with the trust)
those that want the vote that they think will lose are basically saying that so many on the sell camp dont know what they are doing. when they win then no doubt the people on the sell camp will say that the people who voted to litigate dont know what they are doing
those that are on the side that they think will lose (but will win) have name calling on their side (the quoted post says it all)
nobody can accept that anyone else has an opposing point of view without throwing in some patronising comments
i have voted litigation and i hope it goes all the way to court - i dont believe that it will spur a better deal, think the yanks will take their chances incourt

When we take this legal action on 14:48 - Jul 24 with 2562 viewsJENKINSOUT

When we take this legal action on 11:51 - Jul 24 by Thursday

I'll take a stab at how many positions would be untenable. Zero. Everyone who has spoken out on the recommendation of the deal has also spoken out on the commitment to the vote.

I'll be amazed if the vote is for litigation, anyway. Doesn't matter what is posted online if the majority haven't read it.

iill take your word for it but its difficult to see the key people in the trust leading us into something that they didnt recommend. fair play to them if they do though, takes some balls

When we take this legal action on 14:50 - Jul 24 with 2556 viewsJoe_bradshaw

When we take this legal action on 14:42 - Jul 24 by JENKINSOUT

the side not expected to win (by those who are voting for it) are already making excuses for losing (see E20jacks endless posts saying that people will just agree with the trust)
those that want the vote that they think will lose are basically saying that so many on the sell camp dont know what they are doing. when they win then no doubt the people on the sell camp will say that the people who voted to litigate dont know what they are doing
those that are on the side that they think will lose (but will win) have name calling on their side (the quoted post says it all)
nobody can accept that anyone else has an opposing point of view without throwing in some patronising comments
i have voted litigation and i hope it goes all the way to court - i dont believe that it will spur a better deal, think the yanks will take their chances incourt

If they do take their chances in court it would suggest that their legal advisors have suggested that they have a strong case.

In which case all bets are off.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

When we take this legal action on 15:26 - Jul 24 with 2507 viewsFlashberryjack

When we take this legal action on 11:54 - Jul 24 by icecoldjack

And we all know what happened to Cameron when the Brexitiers won, I strongly suspect there'll be trust resignations should the vote be in favour of litigation.

Although I'd e amazed if the vote dies goes for litigation, there'll be a lot of dirty washing on view, from both sides..

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

When we take this legal action on 15:43 - Jul 24 with 2477 viewsE20Jack

When we take this legal action on 14:42 - Jul 24 by JENKINSOUT

It is not an excuse. There are dozens of posts on here saying they dont know what to so, so are going with the recommendation. If there was no Trust recommendation then those people probably wouldn't have voted, i doubt they would have just guessed. So the Trust will naturally have 2 sets of votes in their favour, those that actually think the deal is a good idea and those that dont know so are going with the recommendation.

If you think that is a fair setting for an independant vote then fair enough. But it isnt is it, lets be honest.

When we take this legal action on 19:56 - Jul 24 with 2343 viewsbermudajack

When we take this legal action on 15:43 - Jul 24 by E20Jack

It is not an excuse. There are dozens of posts on here saying they dont know what to so, so are going with the recommendation. If there was no Trust recommendation then those people probably wouldn't have voted, i doubt they would have just guessed. So the Trust will naturally have 2 sets of votes in their favour, those that actually think the deal is a good idea and those that dont know so are going with the recommendation.

If you think that is a fair setting for an independant vote then fair enough. But it isnt is it, lets be honest.

I have just returned from holiday and read the proposals.

I feel that the offer on the table by the Americans is just an opening salvo, a start point in the negotiations. I personally feel with the full backing of the members the Trust can secure a less fractured and staged purchase of some of the shares, whilst still securing the proposed guarantees stated in option 1. (Without the involvement of HJ)

I fully understand there are no guarantees for in this, but I cannot stomach the thought of HJ receiving Trust shares after what he's done. (This is the biggest issue for me)

I cannot accept this will effect the playing team directly and also only think it's a matter of time before the Championship swallows us up (regardless of any litigation) the Americans will then be off as the TV money dries up...

I will be voting for Litigation in the hope that all the money will be used in future to ensure a larger stake at the club when it all eventually goes "pear shaped"

Poll: Priority for new manager?

When we take this legal action on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 2279 viewsdameedna

When we take this legal action on 15:39 - Jul 23 by E20Jack

I would have thought 5m to be a tidy sum until you asked the question.

I doubt it would cover the potential cost of litigation but putting that to one side for a moment, 5m in the bank earns enough interest to keep a salaried board or team of advisers or a permanent *Director.

The powers of that *Director could be greater than previous it depends on how power is measured. If the ultimate aim is to stop sales or run the club then this really needs to be defined as a 21 % stakeholder.

I dont see any merit in listing what 5m does but maybe we could discuss why 5m plus some cooperation and consultation is deemed worthless?
When we take this legal action on 22:10 - Jul 24 with 2163 viewsWhiterockin

"it is looking increasingly likely that we will take legal action against the yanks if posts on here are anything to go by which is what I am voting for anyway"

Rightly or wrongly I really don't think legal action will be taken.

There are strong opinions on this board mostly for legal action. As said by others, these are the minority of trust members, some are not even members. The vast majority of trust members do not post or even read this board. Every trust member I have spoken to who does not read this board is backing the recommendation. The most common comment is, we voted for trust representatives to make decisions for us, why would we not vote for their recommendation.

Please notice I have not voiced an opinion in this post only relaying the facts as I have seen/heard.
When we take this legal action on 22:16 - Jul 24 with 2145 viewsE20Jack

When we take this legal action on 20:35 - Jul 24 by dameedna

I would have thought 5m to be a tidy sum until you asked the question.

I doubt it would cover the potential cost of litigation but putting that to one side for a moment, 5m in the bank earns enough interest to keep a salaried board or team of advisers or a permanent *Director.

The powers of that *Director could be greater than previous it depends on how power is measured. If the ultimate aim is to stop sales or run the club then this really needs to be defined as a 21 % stakeholder.

I dont see any merit in listing what 5m does but maybe we could discuss why 5m plus some cooperation and consultation is deemed worthless?

What a waste of money. You can employ Alan Sugar for all the good it will do. He would have no influence at all, none. The Americans have 75+% of voting rights. A seat on the board is an expensive season ticket. That is it. They do as they please, as The Trust have found out when making even relatively small reauests (friendly ticket pricing).

The aim of the Trust now that the situation has drastically changed should without doubt now switch to the goal of getting enough shares in the future to stop this ever happening again. When these Americans sell they also sell the voting rights, The Trust will never have a meaningful voice ever again.

What is the only way to get enough shares in the future? Buying them. Will £5m buy any sort of amount of shares that allow a voice, veto rights etc of a relatively successful club? Not a chance.

Our salaried Alan Sugar and the rest of the Trust can be booted out of the club by the time the year is out if this deal goes ahead. They can sell our stake for whatever price they like at whatever time they like to whom they like - we will have no say.

When we take this legal action on 22:18 - Jul 24 with 2135 viewsSwanseajill

When we take this legal action on 17:49 - Jul 23 by jacabertawe

Since when do PS posts reflect typical supporters' views?

This
When we take this legal action on 22:27 - Jul 24 with 2104 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What a F@cking shambles

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

When we take this legal action on 23:13 - Jul 24 with 2053 viewsraynor94

When we take this legal action on 22:27 - Jul 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

What a F@cking shambles

To true Tom

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024