Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 16:34 - Jul 23 with 16649 viewsmarkyd83

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-given-per
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 16:38]
Bony on 23:04 - Jul 23 with 3389 viewsCooperman

Bony on 22:58 - Jul 23 by Garyjack

Ok, let's sign him as our no1 striker for his defensive capabilities!

Read the comment I was responding to.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Bony on 23:09 - Jul 23 with 3356 viewsGaryjack

Bony on 23:04 - Jul 23 by Cooperman

Read the comment I was responding to.

Sorry, i meant to respond to Baker.
Bony on 23:13 - Jul 23 with 3326 viewsCooperman

Bony on 23:09 - Jul 23 by Garyjack

Sorry, i meant to respond to Baker.

I'll let you off this time.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Bony on 23:36 - Jul 23 with 3240 viewsicecoldjack

Bony on 22:31 - Jul 23 by Garyjack

Bony can't be an option. He would have to be numero uno.

Agree. Wilf needs to play every week and be the main man, takes him a bit of time to get into his groove.
I don't think many ever though he would do well at city being rotated every week and so it proved. Got no problem signing him, but i guess it would mean Llorente is offski .

Bony or Llorente?? without the siggy dead ball? more bloody questions than answers these days !
Bony on 00:24 - Jul 24 with 3146 viewsDyfnant

Don't recall that many of Bony's goals being headers. Newcastle away sticks in the mind but I can remember quite a few being him turning and shooting from around the edge of the box. Any statto's about?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Bony on 00:40 - Jul 24 with 3107 viewsveng9

Bony on 00:24 - Jul 24 by Dyfnant

Don't recall that many of Bony's goals being headers. Newcastle away sticks in the mind but I can remember quite a few being him turning and shooting from around the edge of the box. Any statto's about?

He scored a few in his first season but didn't score any in the second season. I think it was 9 in all competitions

first goal for us in the europa league, in the cup against birmingham, stoke home, manchester city home, manchester united away, cardiff home, liverpool away(might've been an OG), arsenal away, newcastle away

Scored more headers than I thought actually
Bony on 00:45 - Jul 24 with 3091 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 21:25 - Jul 23 by Jokeren1943

Bony has been on the bench longer then Bendtner the last couple of seasons.

Not played for 2 seasons.
Not really interested to come here.
Need mega wage.

No thanx.

If Swansea buy Bony they really need super first class wingers to make excellent crosses (in the air). And Swansea need really quality midfielders. The present Swansea counterfootball is not for Bony - he is to slow.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 21:30]

What absolute boIIocks. Bony was the complete striker for us, it wasn't as if he was a target man knocking in crosses you f*cking imbecile bacon bender.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony on 00:46 - Jul 24 with 3089 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 22:24 - Jul 23 by longlostjack

There's always room for a Llorente, Bony type as an option.

They're not the same type FFS.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 00:48 - Jul 24 with 3087 viewsEasternJack

Bony on 20:21 - Jul 23 by nantywatcher

Please no No no. The laziest player I've seen in over 50 years watching and playing the game. Utterly useless if he has time to think. Passing and ball control unbelievably erratic.. Please no no no.

You're right. He was total sh1t for us....

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Bony on 00:52 - Jul 24 with 3073 viewsEasternJack

Bony on 00:40 - Jul 24 by veng9

He scored a few in his first season but didn't score any in the second season. I think it was 9 in all competitions

first goal for us in the europa league, in the cup against birmingham, stoke home, manchester city home, manchester united away, cardiff home, liverpool away(might've been an OG), arsenal away, newcastle away

Scored more headers than I thought actually

8 of his 34

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Bony on 00:56 - Jul 24 with 3065 viewsHighjack

We also need to get him back to stop the bastard from scoring against us all the time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bony on 10:26 - Jul 24 with 2842 viewsJokeren1943

Bony on 00:45 - Jul 24 by ItchySphincter

What absolute boIIocks. Bony was the complete striker for us, it wasn't as if he was a target man knocking in crosses you f*cking imbecile bacon bender.

Nobody questions that Bony was the complete striker for us a couple of seasons ago. The question is, if we buy him for a substantial amount today, will he perform on the same level.

After two years on the bench is he the same player.

I am not sure.
Bony on 10:37 - Jul 24 with 2797 viewsPegojack

Bony on 10:26 - Jul 24 by Jokeren1943

Nobody questions that Bony was the complete striker for us a couple of seasons ago. The question is, if we buy him for a substantial amount today, will he perform on the same level.

I am not sure.

That is the question, and I've got the same reservations.

But I have to say, if Llorente is offski, of all the possible options available to us, Bony would be one of the more attractive for taking a gamble on.
Bony on 11:00 - Jul 24 with 2732 viewsjackjackjackjack

If he does come he'll blow our wage structure out of the window. He'll be getting £120,000 for the next 2 seasons guaranteed, so if he fails to make any impact, like at Stoke and Man City, the dressing room might be a bit discomposed.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Bony on 11:14 - Jul 24 with 2661 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bony on 10:26 - Jul 24 by Jokeren1943

I am not sure.

I must not sure as well. However will he command such massive wages? His stock has fallen like a stone since leaving us.
For me he has a choice. Take a big pay cut and resurrect his career or sit it out and collect the lolly.
It would not surprise me if he went for the latter.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bony on 11:15 - Jul 24 with 2656 viewsMarinaJack

Bony on 11:14 - Jul 24 by Private_Partz

I must not sure as well. However will he command such massive wages? His stock has fallen like a stone since leaving us.
For me he has a choice. Take a big pay cut and resurrect his career or sit it out and collect the lolly.
It would not surprise me if he went for the latter.

Bony is not gonna take a pay cut is he? (and I don't blame him tbh)

Well either have to stump up or city will have to pay some of his wages to make up the short fall
Bony on 11:45 - Jul 24 with 2581 viewsSTID2017

Bony on 11:15 - Jul 24 by MarinaJack

Well either have to stump up or city will have to pay some of his wages to make up the short fall

Either he does or he'll find himself ostracised.
I'd love to see him down here, however from a neutral point of view he's failed to perform since leaving here.
Needs to take a reality check and get himself back playing and scoring regularly.
IMO wingers getting crosses is not important to him. Ball to feet via Gylfi (if he stays) Rocky and Carroll will be the order of the day

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Bony on 11:56 - Jul 24 with 2534 viewsMarinaJack

Bony on 11:45 - Jul 24 by STID2017

Either he does or he'll find himself ostracised.
I'd love to see him down here, however from a neutral point of view he's failed to perform since leaving here.
Needs to take a reality check and get himself back playing and scoring regularly.
IMO wingers getting crosses is not important to him. Ball to feet via Gylfi (if he stays) Rocky and Carroll will be the order of the day

TBH I'm not sure footballers care that much anymore

If it's a choice of playing every week and earning say £50 k week or being sat in the stands and earning £100k a week , most will pick the later

Wilf was class for us 3 years ago but he has barely kicked a ball for 24 months , and looked poor for stoke

is this move based on logic or nostalgia?
Bony on 12:09 - Jul 24 with 2493 viewsswanforthemoney

All will be well if we sing his song to him.
Everyone needs a little love. .
Have faith in the East Stand.

I stand in the North Stand

Bony on 12:59 - Jul 24 with 2322 viewsjack247

Bony on 11:56 - Jul 24 by MarinaJack

TBH I'm not sure footballers care that much anymore

If it's a choice of playing every week and earning say £50 k week or being sat in the stands and earning £100k a week , most will pick the later

Wilf was class for us 3 years ago but he has barely kicked a ball for 24 months , and looked poor for stoke

is this move based on logic or nostalgia?

Both.

If we intend to start playing more football, which signing players like Mesa and Carroll indicates, he is/was the perfect front man at our level for them to play behind.

If he had been superb for say Palace for a year and a half though, then terrible for City and Stoke, I don't think many would want us signing him.
Bony on 13:11 - Jul 24 with 2249 viewsAnotherJohn

Bony on 20:32 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

Yes, if you don't count some of the goals Bony scored then Michu scored more.

He makes a fair point about the pens though. I'm with him on who was the best striker from open play.
Bony on 15:13 - Jul 24 with 2044 viewsyescomeon

Absolutely no way we should sign him permanently. On loan with City paying a significant wedge of his wages maybe, if he's our main man next season I'd be worried. I think I'd have Abraham ahead of him.

Upthecity!

Bony on 15:18 - Jul 24 with 2007 viewsLoyal

Bony on 13:11 - Jul 24 by AnotherJohn

He makes a fair point about the pens though. I'm with him on who was the best striker from open play.

As I've said before scored so many insignificant goals its mind boggling.
Remember losing 3-2 at home to Man City ? Bony got those goals and the second was pure consolation. Totally over rated.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bony on 15:18 - Jul 24 with 2000 viewsangryjack

Would rather give llorente a new contract he's scored 15 goals in a struggling year last year he's proven he can score where as bony not done anything last couple years llorente didn't even take penalties bony waste money rather put it elsewhere
Bony on 16:16 - Jul 24 with 1864 viewsThornburyswan

Bony on 11:15 - Jul 24 by MarinaJack

Assuming we are serious about him & Citeh want rid there are lots of ways of structuring the deal to fit with all parties :-

1. Clearly we pay the required fee & wages (even if that is £120K pw) - can't see this myself.
2. We pay an acceptable fee to Citeh & then Bony so we can lower weekly wages to fit into our regime.
3. We pay Citeh an acceptable fee & they pay Bony a lump to exit which, in effect, subsidise his lower wages with us.
4. We offer a fee/wages both within our budgets & both Citeh and Bony either take it or not.

Personally I can see a mix of 3 & 4 happening if this deal happens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024