Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 16:34 - Jul 23 with 16644 viewsmarkyd83

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-given-per
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 16:38]
Bony on 16:35 - Jul 23 with 5661 viewsDr_Winston

Looks like Llorente's off then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 16:36 - Jul 23 with 5643 viewsBorojack

Bony on 16:35 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

Looks like Llorente's off then.

130 grand a week wage

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Bony on 16:37 - Jul 23 with 5635 viewskarnataka

Link doesn't work for me........

Edit: Does now
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 16:44]
Bony on 16:39 - Jul 23 with 5587 viewsmarkyd83

I've updated the link , should work now
Bony on 16:40 - Jul 23 with 5565 viewsSTID2017

Bony on 16:37 - Jul 23 by karnataka

Link doesn't work for me........

Edit: Does now
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 16:44]

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/
Try this one

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Bony on 16:40 - Jul 23 with 5561 viewsCooperman

There's a link that works on a post from someone who has posted into the SCST Facebook page.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Bony on 16:45 - Jul 23 with 5473 viewsSwans_16

Take him back.

He hasn't really played for two seasons so should be absolutely dying to get back out there, so a large pay cut shouldn't be such a stumbling block i wouldn't have thought, doesn't really have any other options ?

In my opinion we need Llorente and Bony, from what i've seen so far of our strikers we'll need both of them for a successful season. Ayew isn't really a striker, McBurnie should go on loan to the championship and Tammy has no PL experience.

We need both guys !
Bony on 16:46 - Jul 23 with 5464 viewsCooperman

I was one that said we'd never see Bony back in a SCFC shirt but I may be softening on that now. This news throws open the debate of Bony v Llorente and there is a lot to consider here.

The article also states that the club has a number of options being considered for the striking position and as I can't see us taking a 3rd 'household name' it leads me to believe that Llorente could be on his way. That doesn't worry me though as much as the lack of chatter re a CB and a winger or two does.

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 16:46 - Jul 23 with 5454 viewskarnataka

Has Wilf been training? If he's coming, we need him playing some part against Brum & Sampdoria if he's going to be filling in for Nando for the first few games.
Bony on 16:47 - Jul 23 with 5449 viewsPorthcawlswan

Be great to have another striker on the books, but we need quality wingers, which I suspect will come in the next week or so. Tammy will be a good player for us, very impressed with what I have seen
Bony on 16:49 - Jul 23 with 5418 viewsCooperman

Bony on 16:47 - Jul 23 by Porthcawlswan

Be great to have another striker on the books, but we need quality wingers, which I suspect will come in the next week or so. Tammy will be a good player for us, very impressed with what I have seen

Why do you say that about incoming wingers? Have you heard anything?

Genuine question on my part because I haven't.

Bony on 16:52 - Jul 23 with 5372 viewsGriffting

Offer him 40 k per week with a 60 k scoring bonus.

He'll be banging them in.
Bony on 16:55 - Jul 23 with 5329 viewsCooperman

Bony on 16:52 - Jul 23 by Griffting

That concept isn't a bad shout however I think there would be other clubs that would improve on his basic wage above that figure.

£60k and £40k respectively is going the right way.

Bony on 16:57 - Jul 23 with 5297 viewsPorthcawlswan

Bony on 16:49 - Jul 23 by Cooperman

Why do you say that about incoming wingers? Have you heard anything?

Genuine question on my part because I haven't.

Na nothing mate, just a hunch, won't pretend to have any "inside info" lol
Bony on 16:59 - Jul 23 with 5265 viewsCooperman

Bony on 16:57 - Jul 23 by Porthcawlswan

Na nothing mate, just a hunch, won't pretend to have any "inside info" lol

That's a shame as I'm worried about cover in this position.

Bony on 17:01 - Jul 23 with 5226 viewsPorthcawlswan

Yes desperately in my eyes, two exciting, creative wingers a right back and another forward
Bony on 17:02 - Jul 23 with 5220 viewsE20Jack

Bony on 16:52 - Jul 23 by Griffting

I never like that. It means if there is a better chance someone else is going to score who is in a better position, he may think of himself rather than the team and take in a speculative shot from 30 yards rather than play someone through on goal.

70k a week and 30k for every PL win bonus is a better deal. That also ensured that if we get relegated the extra 30k part is null and void.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bony on 17:03 - Jul 23 with 5211 viewsjack247

I dont think it would take much to prise him from City. I think it would take a pretty substantial basic wage or a long contract though.
Bony on 17:09 - Jul 23 with 5115 viewsLiam

Bony on 17:03 - Jul 23 by jack247

I dont think it would take much to prise him from City. I think it would take a pretty substantial basic wage or a long contract though.

All that will happen is we'll do the same as Gomis to get around the wage demands - a massive signing on bonus and then a wage that fits in to our wage structure.
Bony on 17:14 - Jul 23 with 5051 viewsSTID2017

Whatever it takes - him linking up with Rocky could make our season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Bony on 17:17 - Jul 23 with 5015 viewsjack247

Bony on 17:14 - Jul 23 by STID2017

Whatever it takes - him linking up with Rocky could make our season

We need runners for that to work, there's no point playing a through ball for Bony. Ayew is certainly one of them, can't judge Tammy yet. Wonder if we may try to play him wide of Bony.
Bony on 18:40 - Jul 23 with 4558 viewsJackSomething

Last summer, after his 18 month struggle at City, I'd have taken him back in a heartbeat (at the right price and wages of course). After his struggles at Stoke and worries about his age/legs, I'm a little more hesitant.

In his defence, Mark Hughes was his manager and he's ruined/wasted better players than Wilf.

Hopefully the fee will be more than reasonable (City are as desperate to get him off the books as we were to get Borja and Gomis out) and potentially the deal with City will include them still paying some of his wages. I believe that happens quite often with the big clubs these days.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Bony on 18:55 - Jul 23 with 4415 viewsHighjack

He's the best striker we've had in nigh on forty years. It's a no brainer.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bony on 18:57 - Jul 23 with 4389 viewsunion_jack

Bony on 18:55 - Jul 23 by Highjack

He's the best striker we've had in nigh on forty years. It's a no brainer.

Don't agree. Yes he was the best for some time but going in for him now is anything but a no brainier and I'm flabbergasted the club are thinking otherwise.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bony on 19:00 - Jul 23 with 4355 viewsGriffting

Man City are paying 55k per week of Joe harts contract while he's out on loan to West Ham.

Perhaps this deal will see them pay a certain amount of Wilfs contract here, say 30 k per week until his City contract was set to expire?? (30th June 2019)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024