Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Froome for SPOTY! 18:55 - Jul 23 with 5545 viewsswan85

One of our greatest sports people. He must win it this year, surely!?
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:09 - Jul 23 with 1547 viewsmansel_thomas

Read his book.

A remarkable man who doesn't shout the odds but is clearly a cold killer on a bike.

It's enough he s pissing the French off big time ,for me,anyway .

For someone to wish he breaks a leg is sickening

Btw, G is Welsh ,so he s doing too?
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:10 - Jul 23 with 1544 viewsJackfath

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:09 - Jul 23 by mansel_thomas

Read his book.

A remarkable man who doesn't shout the odds but is clearly a cold killer on a bike.

It's enough he s pissing the French off big time ,for me,anyway .

For someone to wish he breaks a leg is sickening

Btw, G is Welsh ,so he s doing too?

Why have you changed your name perchie?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:11 - Jul 23 with 1539 viewsmansel_thomas

Who
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:14 - Jul 23 with 1531 viewsswan85

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 20:18 - Jul 23 by Swans777

Or well my friend, did you feel the same , when an Englishman captained Wales to the Euro semi-finals last year ?.

Apologies it was a tongue in cheek comment, it was not meant to offend!
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:18 - Jul 23 with 1521 viewsDr_Winston

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:11 - Jul 23 by mansel_thomas

Who

Perchy mun.

You know. The guy whose email address you've set this account up with.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:21 - Jul 23 with 1513 viewsLohengrin

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 20:07 - Jul 23 by Swans777

In terms of sporting achievement, my friend, Joshua, isn't fit to lace Froome's boots. (If froome had laces that is )

That's your opinion and you're perfectly entitled to it, old son.

Others will regard The Heavyweight Champion of the World as the sporting pinnacle regardless of how far or fast some bloke on a pushbike pedals.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:26 - Jul 23 with 1504 viewsSwans777

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:21 - Jul 23 by Lohengrin

Others will regard The Heavyweight Champion of the World as the sporting pinnacle regardless of how far or fast some bloke on a pushbike pedals.

That's fair enough my friend.
When Joshua, is undisputed world heavyweight champion and has retained that title for a number of years, then we maybe able to talk about him as being in Frooms league.
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:35 - Jul 23 with 1491 viewsBrynCartwright

i will definitely vote for Chris Froome for SPOTY. He deserves it. Amazing talent.

i cannot even vaguely think of another UK sporting individual that has come even remotely close to what he has achieved this year.

Well done Chris on TdF no 4!!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:49 - Jul 23 with 1476 viewsProfessor

As I said to my wife the TDF is like cycling from Swansea to Oswestry (including the hills) daily for three weeks. He gets my vote
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:53 - Jul 23 with 1467 viewsPegojack

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:21 - Jul 23 by Lohengrin

And watching two moronic thugs thumping seven kinds of sh1t out of one another for half an hour should not be dignified with the description 'sport'.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 22:07]
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:58 - Jul 23 with 1458 viewsDr_Winston

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:53 - Jul 23 by Pegojack

And watching two moronic thugs thumping seven kinds of sh1t out of one another for half an hour should not be dignified with the description 'sport'.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 22:07]

Calling Wladimir Klitschko, a man who holds a PhD and speaks four languages a "moronic thug" doesn't do much for your argument I'm afraid.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 22:01 - Jul 23 with 1450 viewsSwans777

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:58 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

Calling Wladimir Klitschko, a man who holds a PhD and speaks four languages a "moronic thug" doesn't do much for your argument I'm afraid.

Because someone maybe intelligent, doesn't mean they can't be a thug.
By the way that's not my opinion on boxers.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 22:03]
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 23:01 - Jul 23 with 1410 viewsCooperman

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:10 - Jul 23 by Jackfath

Why have you changed your name perchie?

Not enough typos for Perch.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 23:07 - Jul 23 with 1408 viewsJFSwan

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 21:35 - Jul 23 by BrynCartwright

i will definitely vote for Chris Froome for SPOTY. He deserves it. Amazing talent.

i cannot even vaguely think of another UK sporting individual that has come even remotely close to what he has achieved this year.

Well done Chris on TdF no 4!!

I thought Domoulins victory in the Giro d Italia was just as impressive.
Froomes "year" hasn't included alot of racing really, be interesting to see the line up for the Vuelta
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 11:10 - Jul 24 with 1362 viewsMarinaJack

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 18:58 - Jul 23 by Lohengrin

Anthony Joshua. Nalied on.

well said

froome has zero personality and was riding for Kenya up until 2008

no thanks
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 15:59 - Jul 24 with 1324 viewsCountyJim

One thing that may stop him winning is it's Personality and clearly a great Sportsmen but lacking personality wise

Nicola Adams there's a great personality

Or change the award to Sports person of the year
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 16:47 - Jul 24 with 1308 viewsMarinaJack

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 15:59 - Jul 24 by CountyJim

One thing that may stop him winning is it's Personality and clearly a great Sportsmen but lacking personality wise

Adams is a great shout in fairness. Serial winner , proper brit and has a good personality
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 19:05 - Jul 24 with 1271 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 15:59 - Jul 24 by CountyJim

Or learn the definition of the word "personality" so you'll realise that to win it the person doesn't necessarily have to be ultra charismatic or cracking jokes constantly for the benefit of the masses to excel in their chosen sporting field.

Poll: Tory leader

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 09:08 - Jul 25 with 1227 viewsPegojack

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 19:05 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

Or learn the definition of the word "personality" so you'll realise that to win it the person doesn't necessarily have to be ultra charismatic or cracking jokes constantly for the benefit of the masses to excel in their chosen sporting field.

With all due respect to CountyJim, I admire Froome's personality tremendously.

He's always polite in interviews, speaks intelligently, obviously is a big family man, always praises his teammates and is always modest. His performances on the road speak for themselves, he's supremely fit and a master tactician. What's not to like?

Maybe he should get some tatts, start dating some slags on the side and end every sentence with 'yaknowwhatImean'?.
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 09:21 - Jul 25 with 1218 viewsBatterseajack

If and when he wins his 5th tour, there should be no excuse for him not winning SPOTY. That would put him level with cycling's all time bests Anquetil, Merckx, Hinault and Indurain.

I've probably missed a glaringly obvious athlete here, but i can't see much competition other than Anthony Joshua so far this year.
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 10:14 - Jul 25 with 1202 viewsMervyn

Nailed on for me,

1 Chris Froome,

2 Geraint Thomas,

3 Mark Beaumont.....on track to break the world record (around the world in 80 days,

you could say I quite like cycling lol
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 10:20 - Jul 25 with 1190 viewsMarinaJack

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 19:05 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

Nope but having a personality usually means your likeable fun , interesting and engaging

not some robotic monotone bore like froome or some boring spoilt brat like hamilton

I'd say people like Botham sheene Hunt and Eubank had personality you may not like that personality at least they had something about them and they are the type of folk you'd like to go for a pint with .

SPOTY is not just about achievements it's about personality if not take the personality out of the award

oh and btw the fact he's not even british will go against him I suppose ;)
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 10:44 - Jul 25 with 1181 viewsPegojack

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 10:20 - Jul 25 by MarinaJack

Nope but having a personality usually means your likeable fun , interesting and engaging

not some robotic monotone bore like froome or some boring spoilt brat like hamilton

I'd say people like Botham sheene Hunt and Eubank had personality you may not like that personality at least they had something about them and they are the type of folk you'd like to go for a pint with .

SPOTY is not just about achievements it's about personality if not take the personality out of the award

oh and btw the fact he's not even british will go against him I suppose ;)

I know you're just fishing, but Froomey's parents were both British, which makes him British. More so than Ashley Williams for Wales or Kevin Pietersen for England.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 10:47]
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 11:01 - Jul 25 with 1168 viewsChrisSCFC

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 16:47 - Jul 24 by MarinaJack

Adams is a great shout in fairness. Serial winner , proper brit and has a good personality

You cannot be serious man.
Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 11:02 - Jul 25 with 1166 viewsMarinaJack

Chris Froome for SPOTY! on 10:44 - Jul 25 by Pegojack

I know you're just fishing, but Froomey's parents were both British, which makes him British. More so than Ashley Williams for Wales or Kevin Pietersen for England.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 10:47]

His parents being British doesn't make him British imo

Even more so as he rode for another nation until what 2008? he only decided to represent the uk when he was 22

As for his achievements yes superb stuff, he is a brilliant cyclist and clearly a dedicated athlete who is the best at what he does

But that doesn't mean he has a brilliant personality
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024