Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
India anyone been? 16:43 - Jul 25 with 2431 views1983

Thinking about going to Mumbai,New Delhi,Shimla and then onto Andaman Islands, back to Mumbai then back to blighty for a cuppa with mam

India anyone been? on 17:11 - Jul 25 with 2415 viewsDarran

I've been down the Mumbai loads of times it's lush.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

India anyone been? on 17:44 - Jul 25 with 2381 views1983

India anyone been? on 17:11 - Jul 25 by Darran

I've been down the Mumbai loads of times it's lush.

Woop there she is !

India anyone been? on 17:45 - Jul 25 with 2377 viewsDarran

India anyone been? on 17:44 - Jul 25 by 1983

Woop there she is !

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

India anyone been? on 18:46 - Jul 25 with 2318 viewsplasjack

Be sure to take plenty of immodium or something similar.
India anyone been? on 19:05 - Jul 26 with 2180 viewsBanosswan

https://www.travelzoo.com/uk/holidays/asia-pacific/India-Private-Kerala-Tour-w-M

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

India anyone been? on 19:56 - Jul 26 with 2126 viewsPacemaker

Worked in Hyderabad in 2013 for a month. India is a fantastic country people very friendly but it can be a real culture shock going from a 5 star hotel to find mothers and children literally sleeping in the gutter directly outside.

Food was brilliant but I did have a few attacks of Delhi belly my mate had nothing at all despite us eating and drinking same stuff. I did use Imodium once because it was an emergency but you better off letting it running its course just keep hydrated and take diarolyte to keep your salts up. The Kingfisher beer did not agree with me but other than that it was great. You will see sights that will blow your mind.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

India anyone been? on 20:18 - Jul 26 with 2111 viewspikeypaul

Went twice to Mumbai in the late 90s, only for work so did not have time to sight see.

Endless supply of good obedient workers who did not mind a bit of graft.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

India anyone been? on 20:35 - Jul 26 with 2096 viewsAl_Bundy

Been to Delhi twice including the golden triangle. Great experience .. food poisoning almost nailed on.
Login to get fewer ads

India anyone been? on 22:34 - Jul 26 with 2053 viewsCooperman

I've been several times over the past two years. Frankly, 99% of what you'll experience is extreme poverty with only the tourist parts tidied up to a reasonable standard. Understanding the climate is important as it's either red hot, pi55ing down or both unless you're heading for the mountains. The food isn't great; nobody loves a curry more than me but give me a UK dish any day of the week. Finally, you will get a case of the sh1ts as it's almost impossible to avoid coming into contact with germs.

Assuming you're going for social reasons then study tours of the Golden Triangle and then compile a DIY tour and save a fortune. Getting around is easy enough whether it be internal flight (excellent airlines), taxi drivers come personal drivers who will accompany you for the entire day for as little as £20 and of course the tuk tuk.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

India anyone been? on 11:26 - Jul 27 with 1977 views1983

Cheers Cooperman
I always go DIY best way to go, done it with Kenya,Thailand, Vietnam & Sri Lanka,only thing I won't scrimp on is long haul flights and always go BA because I'm sh1t scared of flying and always feel safer when you here a British voice come over the tanoy named Roger, lol

I'm getting train to New Delhi from Mumbai then up to the Shimla mountains via Kalka (toy) train, then back to New Delhi or onto Bangalore and fly to Andaman Islands for R&R, then fly home from there via Bangkok.

Expecting loads of poverty maybe a bit worse than the countries above I always buy a little bit of some baby clothing from Tesco and give them to people on the street that need them,p!ssing in the wind I know
Any others tips would be great

India anyone been? on 11:53 - Jul 27 with 1957 viewsCooperman

India anyone been? on 11:26 - Jul 27 by 1983

Cheers Cooperman
I always go DIY best way to go, done it with Kenya,Thailand, Vietnam & Sri Lanka,only thing I won't scrimp on is long haul flights and always go BA because I'm sh1t scared of flying and always feel safer when you here a British voice come over the tanoy named Roger, lol

I'm getting train to New Delhi from Mumbai then up to the Shimla mountains via Kalka (toy) train, then back to New Delhi or onto Bangalore and fly to Andaman Islands for R&R, then fly home from there via Bangkok.

Expecting loads of poverty maybe a bit worse than the countries above I always buy a little bit of some baby clothing from Tesco and give them to people on the street that need them,p!ssing in the wind I know
Any others tips would be great

Go, Indigo and Spicejet are the primary low cost carriers. You can get to almost any airport in India using these three and they're generally cheaper than Air India and provide a better service (in my opinion). There's also no need to scrimp on the train fare, if you can get a first class ticket then do it as it's a fraction of UK prices; I've not travelled by rail myself but I did research it as a means of getting from Chennai to Pune, in the end the £20 / 50 minute flight option won as I was short on time. Finally, if you're flying BA long haul regularly then sign up for Avios collection.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

India anyone been? on 13:41 - Jul 27 with 1917 viewsswanjackal

"I took a woman I was keen on to see India once."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

India anyone been? on 13:58 - Jul 27 with 1902 viewsmalagajack

Me and Mrs m went backpacking there for six months as part of a longer trip 20 years ago. Of all the countries we visited India was the best experience, traveled on trains all over, nothing planned just moved on when we felt like it. Enjoyed Kerala and Cochin island in particular. Noisy colourful country and you do get hassled daily but like the bartering always done with a smile and a joke. Don't think it's changed too much in essence, have a friend who goes to Goa every winter. Fantastic experience even with a few doses of the dos robertos! Great food, cheap just don't take ice in your drinks and careful with the salad, even saw a cow with 5 legs, loved it.
India anyone been? on 14:27 - Jul 27 with 1888 viewsbyron

Like a few have said you probably will get ill at some point, just hope you are in a good place i.e. Not on the 2 day train for Delhi to Mumbai....love the trains mind, amazing few days watching the world. Hanoi south of Goa in the next state down is worth a visit to chill out if you don't fancy the flight to andaman. If I was going again I'd start on the slippery elm tablets 2 weeks before, they will line your stomach and some say protect you from lots of travel sicknesses. You prob still get it though if there for iver a month. Best trip I ever went on to be honest. It will blow you away.

Benny

India anyone been? on 08:32 - Jul 28 with 1745 viewsbyron

Gokarna south of goa that should say.....

Benny

India anyone been? on 06:59 - Jul 29 with 1669 views1983

India anyone been? on 08:32 - Jul 28 by byron

Gokarna south of goa that should say.....

I did do a double take, lol

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024