Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I miss this place 20:46 - Jul 25 with 12462 viewsE20Jack

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

I miss this place on 11:41 - Jul 26 with 1559 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I miss this place on 10:26 - Jul 26 by trampie

Back in the day midweek games tended to by Wednesday night for most teams, 7.30 kick off, Swansea might have been a bit different to the norm like Tranmere playing on a Friday night and Millwall late kick off on a Saturday.
I remember when teams started having Tuesday fixtures and thinking 'what that all about' and then 19.45 kick offs and thinking 'whats that all about'.

It was mostly about playing at 7.45 on a Tuesday, Tramps.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

I miss this place on 12:02 - Jul 26 with 1544 viewsploppy

I miss this place on 11:40 - Jul 26 by sherpajacob

If it was a,Monday, I think that was because Luton had a,fixture backlog and they probably played again later that week.

I may be completely wrong. I frequently am.

Don't think so. Both teams (us and Luton) played on Sat 25th April (we played Chelsea home), Mon 27th (Luton at home) and Sat 2nd May (Preston away, yay!)
I miss this place on 12:50 - Jul 26 with 1514 viewsWhiterockin

I miss this place on 11:41 - Jul 26 by Joe_bradshaw

I can remember 7.15 kick offs and on the 9.10 bus back home from the bus garage.
I miss this place on 13:23 - Jul 26 with 1486 viewsRobbie

United Welsh double decker buses home from the bus garage after getting chips from that chippie by the garage ,cannot remember name of place .
I miss this place on 13:41 - Jul 26 with 1472 viewsGaryjack

I miss this place on 13:23 - Jul 26 by Robbie

United Welsh double decker buses home from the bus garage after getting chips from that chippie by the garage ,cannot remember name of place .

Belli's. Not sure if i've spelt it right?
I miss this place on 14:18 - Jul 26 with 1441 viewsSwanjaxs

Being hit on the head outside the Gari by a pint glass, (thrown by a Swans fan towards the police) then being stitched up (8 stitches) by the club doctor under the centre stand before watching the game was a particular highlight for me! 😁

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

I miss this place on 14:33 - Jul 26 with 1426 viewsraynor94

I miss this place on 11:38 - Jul 26 by Joe_bradshaw

You were a year before me Rayns and my memory is the same as yours.

There's a slight chance we're both senile in equal measure mind.

I get told that on a regular basis

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I miss this place on 14:40 - Jul 26 with 1411 viewsJBG

Dump, never missed it
Login to get fewer ads

I miss this place on 15:10 - Jul 26 with 1390 viewscostalotta

I miss this place on 22:27 - Jul 25 by Gowerjack

A pint or two in the Gari

The buzz around the ground
Floodlights
Police

The smell of tobacco chips grass alcohol and liinement as you emerged blinking into the glare of the floodlights...

Who are we?

I feel sorry for our younger fans who never experienced the viseral experience of a night at the Vetch.

I miss it.

This.

The night matches wer special and so many memories. Do I miss it...we'll sort of but it was of its time.
I miss this place on 15:13 - Jul 26 with 1379 viewsbiggar

I miss this place on 15:10 - Jul 26 by costalotta

This.

The night matches wer special and so many memories. Do I miss it...we'll sort of but it was of its time.

Have they started building on the site yet?
I miss this place on 15:22 - Jul 26 with 1369 viewsE20Jack

I miss this place on 14:40 - Jul 26 by JBG

Dump, never missed it

The aesthetics on the place isn't really the point. Its more the feelings that were conjured when there. Almost impossible to replicate.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

I miss this place on 15:27 - Jul 26 with 1360 viewsraynor94

I miss this place on 13:23 - Jul 26 by Robbie

Bellis, think the spelling is wrong though

I miss this place on 15:57 - Jul 26 with 1329 viewsGowerjack

I miss this place on 14:40 - Jul 26 by JBG

Dump, never missed it

Probably never went Kev....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

I miss this place on 16:27 - Jul 26 with 1298 viewsraynor94

I miss this place on 13:41 - Jul 26 by Garyjack

Belli's. Not sure if i've spelt it right?

I missed you posted it first

I miss this place on 16:30 - Jul 26 with 1296 viewstrampie

I miss this place on 11:41 - Jul 26 by Joe_bradshaw

No it wasn't most teams played at 07.30 pm on a Wednesday night back in the day, not talking about Swans so much as they are quirky.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

I miss this place on 16:37 - Jul 26 with 1287 viewstrampie

I miss this place on 11:38 - Jul 26 by Joe_bradshaw

You were a year before me Rayns and my memory is the same as yours.

There's a slight chance we're both senile in equal measure mind.

Just looked at Rothmans 1970 (not bragging) and before I was called away the majority of teams played on the Wednesday night.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

I miss this place on 16:43 - Jul 26 with 1278 viewsraynor94

I miss this place on 16:30 - Jul 26 by trampie

No it wasn't most teams played at 07.30 pm on a Wednesday night back in the day, not talking about Swans so much as they are quirky.

What day are you talking about? no top division teams kicked off at 7.30 it was always 7.45 the Swans were one of the last to move to 7.45 always on a Tuesday except for cup replays or previously postponed matches

I miss this place on 16:44 - Jul 26 with 1277 viewstrampie

Just been surfing the net and people remember 07.30 kick offs and can't remember when it went to 07.45 kick offs.
Somebody guessed mid to late 80s, somebody said they thought they were still kicking of at 07.30 even at the start of the Premier League era, I can't remember when or the reasoning, or come to that why Tuesday nights in the main took over from Wednesday nights either.

I miss this place on 16:53 - Jul 26 with 1265 viewsFieryJack

I miss this place on 07:52 - Jul 26 by Vetchfielder

In 1998 I was working in Yorkshire with a Birmingham supporter. We got talking about football chants and songs and I commented on the number of different songs we sang. We agreed to count our songs on the next Saturday's matches. So it didn't count if you sang the same song twice.

On Monday morning, he said proudly that BCFC had sung 13 different songs.

It was a pain keeping count but I had counted 32 different songs on the North Bank.

He thought I'd exaggerated but that was absolutely correct; I wonder how many we manage at the Lib?

3 or 4, I reckon.

The singing today is repetitive, unimaginative, witless and dull in comparison.
I miss this place on 16:53 - Jul 26 with 1263 viewstrampie

Just to underline how quirky the Swans kick off times have been, I was aware of Millwall kicking off 15 mins later than the rest on a Saturday when at home back in the day but apparently Plymouth did at one time also and the Albion fan talking about it had found an away programme where they kicked off at 03.15 pm in an away game and it was away to the Swans, lol.
Swansea are not conventional.

I miss this place on 16:58 - Jul 26 with 1250 viewstrampie

I miss this place on 16:43 - Jul 26 by raynor94

What day are you talking about? no top division teams kicked off at 7.30 it was always 7.45 the Swans were one of the last to move to 7.45 always on a Tuesday except for cup replays or previously postponed matches

Football was around well before the Premier League, are you saying midweek games in the 60s and 70s were 19.45 kick offs for top division teams ?

I miss this place on 16:58 - Jul 26 with 1250 viewsraynor94

I miss this place on 16:44 - Jul 26 by trampie

Just been surfing the net and people remember 07.30 kick offs and can't remember when it went to 07.45 kick offs.
Somebody guessed mid to late 80s, somebody said they thought they were still kicking of at 07.30 even at the start of the Premier League era, I can't remember when or the reasoning, or come to that why Tuesday nights in the main took over from Wednesday nights either.

Tuesday night games were always the main night, when I started watching in 65 I posted it earlier, and 7.30 kick offs were gone by early eighties except for Scunthorpe who I'm not sure still do

I miss this place on 17:13 - Jul 26 with 1234 viewstrampie

I miss this place on 16:58 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Tuesday night games were always the main night, when I started watching in 65 I posted it earlier, and 7.30 kick offs were gone by early eighties except for Scunthorpe who I'm not sure still do

I started watching football in the early 70s and Wednesday night was the main night, I just checked the football Bible out for 70/71 and most teams played on a Wednesday night (Swansea didn't - bet the All Whites played midweek games on a Wednesday), just looking at the top division alone every time there was midweek fixtures there was more games on the Wednesday than the Tuesday.

I miss this place on 17:16 - Jul 26 with 1228 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I miss this place on 21:38 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Some happy memories there over 45 years, but I can't say I miss it, thank god the football experience has evolved

Have to agree with that Rays.

Great intimidating atmosphere there which is lacking a lot at the library but nothing compares to the liberty at full volume.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

I miss this place on 17:27 - Jul 26 with 1211 viewsnicky

can anyone remember why Torquay used to kick off their home games at 7.30 on a Saturday?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024