Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I miss this place 20:46 - Jul 25 with 12159 viewsE20Jack

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

I miss this place on 23:52 - Jul 26 with 2792 viewsraynor94

I miss this place on 23:42 - Jul 26 by Garyjack

You're right! 1967.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SWANSEA-TOWN-NOW-CITY-v-
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 23:44]

12th September 1965, my first game home to Leyton Orient(3.15 kick off ) we lost 2-5! What a start

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I miss this place on 00:11 - Jul 27 with 2777 viewsGaryjack

I miss this place on 23:52 - Jul 26 by raynor94

12th September 1965, my first game home to Leyton Orient(3.15 kick off ) we lost 2-5! What a start

Port Vale 15th Aug 1970 lost 0-2.
I miss this place on 00:14 - Jul 27 with 2766 viewsSwanjaxs

I miss this place on 23:52 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Old skool you .... I'm a pup me

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

I miss this place on 00:46 - Jul 27 with 2739 viewsraynor94

I miss this place on 00:11 - Jul 27 by Garyjack

Port Vale 15th Aug 1970 lost 0-2.

That game sticks in my mind, quite a lot of aggro that afternoon with the Vale fans

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I miss this place on 04:28 - Jul 27 with 2703 viewsRuDeMan1970

I miss this place on 22:31 - Jul 26 by Swanseajill

Youre correct, and I must be a bit of a fossilised fan as I'm sure I've seen more 7-30 kick offs than 7-45.
Hubby often worked nights and needed to be in work by 10pm. He was livid when we were changing to 7-45 kick offs, as he had to miss at least the last ten minutes of every night game.

...and only ten minutes for half-time...remember that?

..."who will guard the guards..?"

I miss this place on 10:12 - Jul 27 with 2650 viewscosy121

How meany can remember the real north bank,before it was reduced.i used to go with my dad the place was bouncing.ive been there and 0-3 half time think it was reading we won 4-3. I can also remember Trevor brooking played the match down the south stand side.im told he said it was to intimidating on the north bank side.i have meany found memories.what I remember most was the raw from the north bank winger would get the ball the hole north bank would say.Go on take him.
I miss this place on 10:16 - Jul 27 with 2647 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I miss this place on 04:28 - Jul 27 by RuDeMan1970

...and only ten minutes for half-time...remember that?

Plenty of time for a fag and a cuppa

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I miss this place on 10:17 - Jul 27 with 2645 viewsWarwickHunt

I miss this place on 10:12 - Jul 27 by cosy121

How meany can remember the real north bank,before it was reduced.i used to go with my dad the place was bouncing.ive been there and 0-3 half time think it was reading we won 4-3. I can also remember Trevor brooking played the match down the south stand side.im told he said it was to intimidating on the north bank side.i have meany found memories.what I remember most was the raw from the north bank winger would get the ball the hole north bank would say.Go on take him.

"i have meany found memories"

Yes, but do you have zee ly-sance for zee minkey?
Login to get fewer ads

I miss this place on 14:47 - Jul 27 with 2586 viewsploppy

Only ever remember it before it was reduced.
I miss this place on 13:40 - Sep 22 with 2419 views1462jack

I miss this place on 21:14 - Jul 25 by E20Jack

I don't think I will ever have that feeling towards another football ground in my life. Truly special memories.

And some terrible ones ay mate
I miss this place on 13:43 - Sep 22 with 2415 viewsE20Jack

I miss this place on 13:40 - Sep 22 by 1462jack

It was part and parcel of football my dear friend in that era. It is not the ground that created those memories however, just some of the unsavoury characters within it.

I miss this place on 15:37 - Sep 22 with 2366 viewsLoyal

I miss this place on 08:44 - Jul 26 by Whiterockin

Friday night games were normally when the rugby internationals were being played on a Saturday.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 8:45]

Not anymore, rugby in second place 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I miss this place on 17:38 - Sep 22 with 2306 viewsWxmJax

I miss this place on 15:37 - Sep 22 by Loyal

Not anymore, rugby in second place 👍

I thought Friday night games were if Swansea RFC had a home game on the Saturday. We used to drop our stuff off in Bonymaen and then head straight down The Vetch many a time.
I preferred the Saturday games and walking back through the city centre hearing Eee-ning Poh. I'd never know if it was a bloke, a 50 year old woman or a 10 year old boy. They always sounded the same to me. Pink edition with latest scores in the stop press, obviously.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

I miss this place on 17:55 - Sep 22 with 2291 viewsGaryjack

I miss this place on 17:38 - Sep 22 by WxmJax

I thought Friday night games were if Swansea RFC had a home game on the Saturday. We used to drop our stuff off in Bonymaen and then head straight down The Vetch many a time.
I preferred the Saturday games and walking back through the city centre hearing Eee-ning Poh. I'd never know if it was a bloke, a 50 year old woman or a 10 year old boy. They always sounded the same to me. Pink edition with latest scores in the stop press, obviously.

I never remember us making way for Swansea RFC. But i certainly recall occasions where people could watch the Swans then be able to walk down to St Helens to watch the All Whites straight after.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2017 17:56]
I miss this place on 18:02 - Sep 22 with 2278 viewsbyron

Seemed so loud all packed in, even when it was reduced in size by the boards. That game when we beat them in the fa cup, and Gilligan slid on the grass in front of us.....what a noise it was. Miss days like that.

Benny

I miss this place on 18:04 - Sep 22 with 2277 viewsMrSwerve

Does the Vetch still exist? Should we believe people who say it has been knocked down and have seen the site? Are the pictures just photoshops?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2017 18:04]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

I miss this place on 18:07 - Sep 22 with 2267 viewsGaryjack

I miss this place on 18:04 - Sep 22 by MrSwerve

Does the Vetch still exist? Should we believe people who say it has been knocked down and have seen the site? Are the pictures just photoshops?

I went down there this afternoon to shout rascist abuse about Jason Price.
I miss this place on 18:07 - Sep 22 with 2262 viewsMrSwerve

I miss this place on 18:07 - Sep 22 by Garyjack

I went down there this afternoon to shout rascist abuse about Jason Price.

Do you have video evidence?

Did Jason Price ever exist anyway?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

I miss this place on 18:10 - Sep 22 with 2251 viewsE20Jack

I miss this place on 18:04 - Sep 22 by MrSwerve

I miss this place on 18:13 - Sep 22 with 2242 viewsGaryjack

I miss this place on 18:07 - Sep 22 by MrSwerve

Do you have video evidence?

Did Jason Price ever exist anyway?

I hope there isn't any video evidence!
I miss this place on 00:13 - Sep 23 with 2167 viewsTNT

I miss this place on 20:52 - Jul 26 by jacktar

I rang up and asked what time was the kick off. They said " what time can you get here?"

The old ones are the best.

And when you tried to climb over the wall, the ol' bill told you to get back inside and watch it to the end, like the rest!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

I miss this place on 00:15 - Sep 23 with 2165 viewsTNT

Yeah, Doug Sharpe said he was just putting up some temporary boards!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

I miss this place on 10:49 - Sep 23 with 2135 viewsE20Jack

I miss this place on 13:40 - Sep 22 by 1462jack

Yes, on the balance of evidence it certainly seems like it is proven without question.

I miss this place on 10:57 - Sep 23 with 2127 viewsMo_Wives

It seems the 20 page thread has been locked (conveniently, Mr Prosser had the last word ). Maybe we could continue the discussion here?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

I miss this place on 10:59 - Sep 23 with 2124 viewsE20Jack

I miss this place on 10:57 - Sep 23 by Mo_Wives

It seems the 20 page thread has been locked (conveniently, Mr Prosser had the last word ). Maybe we could continue the discussion here?

Nah last word is when there is an open facility to reply. Anyone can say something and essentially run away. It is the greatest admitance of defeat.

I have moved it to this. My thread.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 11:01]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024