Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easy Diet. 16:36 - Jul 26 with 3065 viewsWxmJax

Reading about Mr Sumbler inspired me to have a go myself.

Began 10th July. 86.4kg. Just over 13st 8lb.

Today 26th July. 81kg. Just over 12st 10lb.

I have half a red grapefruit for breakfast and have cut out bread (although I'll have the occasional wholemeal sandwich) pasta, crisps, chocolate, potatoes and alcohol (only used to have a glass of red wine with my meal anyway) and that's it.
I have also forgone any cake/biscuits that I'd eat with one of my 5 coffees a day. I have a bad hip so any exercise has been out so it's all down to those carbs.
I've also noticed that I can now walk easier and with a lot less pain. Going to continue for another couple of weeks until the Southampton game.

What I'm trying to say is if you're thinking of losing a few pounds just have a go at this. Easy to do.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Easy Diet. on 16:44 - Jul 26 with 2741 viewsmonmouth

Well done 👍

Mind you, if I cut out bread, pasta, crisps, chocolate, potatoes and alcohol, I think I'd be looking forward to death.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Easy Diet. on 16:50 - Jul 26 with 2723 viewsItchySphincter

Sounds like Scarsdale. Either that or starvation.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Easy Diet. on 17:05 - Jul 26 with 2698 viewsJackfath

EAt less and you'll lose weight shocker.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Easy Diet. on 17:18 - Jul 26 with 2674 viewsThursday

Easy Diet. on 17:05 - Jul 26 by Jackfath

It's the doing it that's the difficult part, not the understanding of the theory. Like people generally being happier when not being dicks.

Congratulations OP.
Easy Diet. on 17:20 - Jul 26 with 2667 viewsJackfath

Easy Diet. on 17:18 - Jul 26 by Thursday

It's the doing it that's the difficult part, not the understanding of the theory. Like people generally being happier when not being dicks.

Congratulations OP.

10 pounds in 16 days suggests the OP has done remarkably well.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Easy Diet. on 17:21 - Jul 26 with 2665 viewsmax936

Good on you, well done

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Easy Diet. on 17:28 - Jul 26 with 2652 viewsThursday

Easy Diet. on 17:20 - Jul 26 by Jackfath

10 pounds in 16 days suggests the OP has done remarkably well.

Starvation-level inspiration.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 17:29]
Easy Diet. on 18:24 - Jul 26 with 2567 viewsAl_Bundy

Reduce your carbs and sugar intake.. increase your protein and only eat good fats.
Login to get fewer ads

Easy Diet. on 18:42 - Jul 26 with 2539 viewsWxmJax

Easy Diet. on 17:05 - Jul 26 by Jackfath

I'm still eating a lot, that's the thing. Just cutting these few items out has made the difference. I tried cutting down on portions before but it didn't seem to matter. This morning, 8am half a grapefruit, then at 9.30 I had 2 poached eggs, plum tommies and a piece of wholemeal toast. Hardly starving myself. Wish I'd done it ages ago, it's a no brainer. Lamb Rogan Josh for tea (or dinner if you're posh).

Easy Diet. on 21:10 - Jul 26 with 2438 viewsPhil_S

Easy Diet. on 18:42 - Jul 26 by WxmJax

I'm still eating a lot, that's the thing. Just cutting these few items out has made the difference. I tried cutting down on portions before but it didn't seem to matter. This morning, 8am half a grapefruit, then at 9.30 I had 2 poached eggs, plum tommies and a piece of wholemeal toast. Hardly starving myself. Wish I'd done it ages ago, it's a no brainer. Lamb Rogan Josh for tea (or dinner if you're posh).

Awesome stuff, its all a mindset and clearly working.

If you never feel like you are missing out it is much easier which is where the fad diets go wrong

Right food and smaller portions and it soon falls off.

I've stopped most of the walking I was doing but have now converted that to running which I never believed I could do. Already entered for next year's Swansea Half marathon and last Sunday ran 9.8 miles in 1 hr 35. I know I was ridiculously heavy but great to read others doing the same too

Keep it up
Easy Diet. on 23:40 - Jul 26 with 2315 viewsbuilthjack

I am at it too.
I started at 18 stone 5 lb on Monday 26th June.
Down to 17 stone 2lb this morning.
So have lost 17lb in a month.

I haven't had bread, cut out the crap, just plain sensible eating.
Had one night on the beer, but been good otherwise.
Now to get in the 16s.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Easy Diet. on 06:15 - Jul 27 with 2246 viewspikeypaul

Good luck to all that are attempting to cut down their calorie intake or increase the rate they burn calories through exercise and in some cases both.
The increase in obesity we see daily has become shocking and at present is the NHS biggest problem along with conditions associated to it.
People in general are getting lazier and a lot have no self respect.Sad but true.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Easy Diet. on 13:18 - Jul 27 with 2144 viewsmonmouth

I was 11 stone 6 at the start of May and now am tipping the scales at a remarkable 11 stone 5 and a half after an early morning dump.

In that time I have drunk around 14 bottles of wine and 100 plus bottles of beer, eaten shedloads of bread and potatoes, pasta and curry..

I put it all down to my cast iron will power.

Nah, seriously, good luck to anyone that wants to shift a few pounds - or more - and has the guts and willpower to do it. Power to you, brethren and sistren. Don't get obsessed with it though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Easy Diet. on 13:34 - Jul 27 with 2126 viewsswan65split

lost 4 stone on the Boiled egg diet................its clucking working.
Easy Diet. on 14:33 - Jul 27 with 2079 viewsMeraki

Amphetamines anyone?
Easy Diet. on 14:48 - Jul 27 with 2067 viewsJohnw102

2 years ago I was 17½ stone went on the 5 - 2 diet now down to 13st 9lb On the 5 days I eat normally even the odd treat. On the 2 days limit to 750 cals. Still enjoy a pint or three. It is easy to start a diet on the first day of one everybody is good, just treat your 2 days a week like first days of a diet. Also only weigh once a week at the most. Worked for me, 44" waist now 36" Aching knees all gone walk my 10000 steps a day, having dogs helps.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Easy Diet. on 14:56 - Jul 27 with 2047 viewsraynor94

Easy Diet. on 16:44 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Well done 👍

Mind you, if I cut out bread, pasta, crisps, chocolate, potatoes and alcohol, I think I'd be looking forward to death.

Exactly, if I cut those things out I might as well be dead, I'll carry on with them but in moderation

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Easy Diet. on 15:44 - Jul 27 with 1998 viewsJackfath

Don't be a slave to the scales. If you are eating sensibly (everyone's different and everyone has foods they eat too much of) and you exercise in some shape or form, you will be doing good. You may not necessarily lose weight, but your body shape will change.

The hard part is sustaining weight loss. Once the novelty of having lost the weight diminishes, then the weight can very easily pile back on.

It's not easy. I wish all those endeavouring to lose weight the very best of luck.

Easy Diet. on 18:29 - Jul 27 with 1932 viewsphact0rri

Easy Diet. on 21:10 - Jul 26 by Phil_S

Awesome stuff, its all a mindset and clearly working.

If you never feel like you are missing out it is much easier which is where the fad diets go wrong

Right food and smaller portions and it soon falls off.

I've stopped most of the walking I was doing but have now converted that to running which I never believed I could do. Already entered for next year's Swansea Half marathon and last Sunday ran 9.8 miles in 1 hr 35. I know I was ridiculously heavy but great to read others doing the same too

Keep it up

I agree. For me, one of the key components in getting fit and staying, is knowing its not "a diet" or something you are just doing to get slimmed down. Its a lifestyle and you should be in the mind of doing it for the rest of your life, or there abouts.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Easy Diet. on 15:53 - Aug 8 with 1649 viewsWxmJax

Just an update on a slow Tuesday. After 4 weeks and 1 day of leaving them bad white things out of my diet I'm now 78.5kg or 12 stone 5 ponds in old money. That's 1 stone 3 lbs and still the weight is falling off. Plus points, belly has drastically reduced, I'm finding it easier to walk as my hip is much better and most importantly, I'm hitting the golf ball further. Minus points, none really. Not preaching but have a go, the most anyone has to lose is weight bad pun.

Easy Diet. on 23:05 - Aug 8 with 1515 viewsKingBony

Easy Diet. on 15:53 - Aug 8 by WxmJax

Just an update on a slow Tuesday. After 4 weeks and 1 day of leaving them bad white things out of my diet I'm now 78.5kg or 12 stone 5 ponds in old money. That's 1 stone 3 lbs and still the weight is falling off. Plus points, belly has drastically reduced, I'm finding it easier to walk as my hip is much better and most importantly, I'm hitting the golf ball further. Minus points, none really. Not preaching but have a go, the most anyone has to lose is weight bad pun.

Sounds a bit fishy to me mate, ease off the ponds I would 😀

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Easy Diet. on 23:14 - Aug 8 with 1506 viewsbuilthjack

Easy Diet. on 23:40 - Jul 26 by builthjack

I am at it too.
I started at 18 stone 5 lb on Monday 26th June.
Down to 17 stone 2lb this morning.
So have lost 17lb in a month.

I haven't had bread, cut out the crap, just plain sensible eating.
Had one night on the beer, but been good otherwise.
Now to get in the 16s.

16st 11lb today.
22Ib lighter in 6 weeks.
Getting harder.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Easy Diet. on 13:12 - Aug 9 with 1418 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

I've been on the 5-2 diet for the last couple of years.
You choose 2 days in the week, to fast. It's not quite fasting as your allowed, a very small
Meal.
The rest of the week just eat sensibly, and then you can still have the odd curry/Chinese no prob.
Plus I still have a few pints in those 5 days.
Give it a try. If I can do it, anyone can
Easy Diet. on 14:16 - Aug 9 with 1357 viewsPhil_S

It's been about 5 weeks now since I stopped the diet, still have a weekly weigh in but no real change (1 lb up or down tends to be about the figure) but not counting calories any more at all just eating sensibly and exercising which has now moved from the endless amounts of walking I did for months on end to running.

As someone pointed out in the thread it is a lifestyle change rather than ever feeling you are missing out on anything and that is what works the best (or it certainly did for me) - to those that dont need to lose weight it will sound obvious but I know from experience it is far easier said than done

My body shape continues to change and I now have a few pairs of 32inch waist jeans but more than happy with what I have achieved this year and enjoying the running more than I ever thought possible.

Oh and I eat at least one chocolate bar (small one) every day to give me something I never wanted to miss out on
Easy Diet. on 15:25 - Aug 9 with 1325 viewsWxmJax

Easy Diet. on 14:16 - Aug 9 by Phil_S

It's been about 5 weeks now since I stopped the diet, still have a weekly weigh in but no real change (1 lb up or down tends to be about the figure) but not counting calories any more at all just eating sensibly and exercising which has now moved from the endless amounts of walking I did for months on end to running.

As someone pointed out in the thread it is a lifestyle change rather than ever feeling you are missing out on anything and that is what works the best (or it certainly did for me) - to those that dont need to lose weight it will sound obvious but I know from experience it is far easier said than done

My body shape continues to change and I now have a few pairs of 32inch waist jeans but more than happy with what I have achieved this year and enjoying the running more than I ever thought possible.

Oh and I eat at least one chocolate bar (small one) every day to give me something I never wanted to miss out on

If it wasn't for you.......

Not quite down to 32" yet though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024