Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Electric cars 21:54 - Jul 26 with 4254 viewscontroversial_jack

Everyone driving electric cars by 2040, what a load of crap, it can never happen.
Electric cars on 16:04 - Jul 27 with 1054 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Electric cars on 15:55 - Jul 27 by grabsplatter

It is if you live in a terraced house in Manselton & half the time can't park in front of your own home

So all people living in terraced housing will be off the road?

I'm warming to this idea already.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Electric cars on 16:35 - Jul 27 with 1035 viewscontroversial_jack

Electric cars on 16:04 - Jul 27 by Joe_bradshaw

Snob !
Electric cars on 16:48 - Jul 27 with 1023 views3swan

Some info, by a journalist

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-4731994/Diesel-petrol-ban-FAQs.h
Electric cars on 17:09 - Jul 27 with 1008 viewsgrabsplatter

Electric cars on 16:04 - Jul 27 by Joe_bradshaw

Cheers!
Looks like a hybrid then ☺
Electric cars on 19:51 - Jul 27 with 961 viewsNeath_Jack

Electric cars on 12:32 - Jul 27 by Darran

And if any of you bell whiffs are interested it was this.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/models

0 - 60 in 2.5 seconds

You going to part ex the Bentley Dar?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Electric cars on 20:40 - Jul 27 with 930 viewsEilian

Expect to be able to charge your car at work not necessarily at home. It will be an option for most anyway.

Alternatively, there may be interchangeable batteries that you can rent that can be changed over in a matter of seconds.

A different possibility would be that the car would drive itself to a parking/charging bay at night and return to your home ready for when you wake up.

Driver less cars will probably mean that renting cars will be a cheaper option for most as someone suggested. like uber. the snobby one need not worry as I'm sure that there will be different pools to join of varying expense meaning that you can share only with people in the same social class as your selves.

With every bugger charging electric cars all of a sudden don't be surprised to see electricity prices sky rocket. A micro generation like solar PV will likely take off again. Especially since it is more efficient to charge straight off a DC solar panel than from AC mains supply.

Don't forget every body this is 23 years away! I'm 34 now and will be 57 in 2040.
Change is awesome!!!
Electric cars on 03:06 - Jul 28 with 884 viewsLeonWasGod

2040 is no time away. It took Norway 20+ years to get their infrastructure to a point where about half their new cars are now electric, and they're more open to these things. We'd need better electricity generation for a start, smarter charging options (there are already issues there with people all plugging in at the same time when they get home from work), and more charging stations. The technology will come as uptake increases.

Hydrogen's the future though, not electric.
Electric cars on 09:35 - Jul 28 with 857 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Trouble is Hydrogen explodes. It still uses more energy to separate the Hydrogen and Oxygen from water than the energy it will produce when you use it in your car. You would need to build the same number of extra power stations anyway.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024