Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help - A thread for the musicians on here 23:37 - Jul 26 with 998 viewsGowerjack

Need some advice

I'm tired of being deafened by the bass player and drummer in my group.

Really worried about tinnitus and permanent hearing loss

Does anyone have experience and advice about this..

Earplugs or IEM's

Many thanks!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Help - A thread for the musicians on here on 08:27 - Jul 27 with 942 viewsNogginthenog

Go solo accoustic.😕
Help - A thread for the musicians on here on 10:24 - Jul 27 with 901 viewsJBG

get rid of the stupid loud gits
Help - A thread for the musicians on here on 10:54 - Jul 27 with 885 viewsKerouac

Turn it down.

Everywhere I've seen any live music locally lately the majority of people have complained it is too facking loud to think/talk.
The problem is that the boys up on the stage are usually playing Glastonbury (in their heads).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Help - A thread for the musicians on here on 12:32 - Jul 27 with 861 viewsswanjackal

Tilt his speaker off at angle to wall, quilt over their speaker, opposite side of stage, cotton wool earplugs. Mainly turn the volume down on them.

I found playing on a small stage/area caused huge problems with the drums, drums so loud caused everything to be turned up, competition all over.

My advice would be cotton wool (waxed) ear plugs (picked up from most pharmacies); foam ear plugs and ear defenders would block off too much.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 12:37]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Help - A thread for the musicians on here on 17:01 - Jul 27 with 796 viewsmalagajack

Get the drummer to use these and turn the bass amp down when no one is looking

https://www.google.es/search?q=jazz+drum+brushes&client=tablet-android-pega&prmd
Help - A thread for the musicians on here on 09:35 - Jul 30 with 681 viewsItchySphincter

IEMs unfortunately. Expensive but you lose loads of dynamics with plugs, no top and boxy sounding. Bass players tend to like it on the loud side so they can turn down but the drummer who is usually the heartbeat and all round good guy in the band doesn't have a lot of choice besides covering his drums in gaffa and sticking a pillow in the bass drum. Nothing worse than a pub band feeling the need to mic up though. Masons shouldn't be too loud.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 20:38]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024