Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA 09:02 - Jul 27 with 9077 viewsLoyal

He is back in training, and admittedly he may have a medical note to say his head has gone, but ordinarily now he is back in training what should the club have done to discipline him. Effectively he refused to play for the swans which for me is the end of line so any thoughts on discipline ?

These papmepred losers get away with far too much, even if the club haven't sanctioned him then should the fans let him know what a knob he has been ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 21:26 - Jul 27 with 1599 viewsFlashberryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 21:13 - Jul 27 by STID2017

Very true - so why is Gylfi singled out by some on here as if he's the Devil incarnate ?

Afraid I can't tell you mate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 22:08 - Jul 27 with 1545 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 21:13 - Jul 27 by STID2017

Very true - so why is Gylfi singled out by some on here as if he's the Devil incarnate ?

He's being singled out for refusing to play for our club, if you are happy with that fine, but me, I want him gone. And going by Everton's performance tonight, he'll be gone by Monday

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 22:35 - Jul 27 with 1517 viewsmonmouth

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 22:08 - Jul 27 by raynor94

He's being singled out for refusing to play for our club, if you are happy with that fine, but me, I want him gone. And going by Everton's performance tonight, he'll be gone by Monday

Although the fat old granny shagger looked a lot better behind the striker than up front. Still looked shit, obviously, but he's going to play whatever happens. I think they'll finish 11th.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 23:11 - Jul 27 with 1493 viewsTaliesin

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:38 - Jul 27 by jack247

Most people are making assumptions based on the fact he didn't go to America, the club put out a statement saying he wasn't in the right frame of mind and he didn't attempt to counter that.

I think that's a fairly reasonable set of circumstances to base your assumptions on to be honest.

Are you sure the club were being open and transparent in releasing the statement. They wouldn't be trying to spin at all? They may be, they may not be. I don't know and nor do vast majority of us, some on here' default position is that the club are lying. The point is Siggy's being crucified because people are believing paper talk.

Siggy has been silent and hasn't issued a counter statement is something I've seen on this thread. Good - that's professional behaviour surely, do we really want him whingeing in the papers. Only he and certain people at the club know the full story about the U.S. and the statement from the club (credible or not) would suggest that they were not particularly unhappy with the development.. It isn't the first team a player has been pulled from matches to avoid injury if a transfer is in the offing, and it won't be the last.

It also wouldn't be unheard of for a player to give 100% after a transfer falling through - yeah maybe he will be a bit pissed (IF he wanted to go) but I don't believe for one second that that would affect Siggy's performances - what might is the crowd being on his back.

Siggy may stay or Siggy may go. If he stays he,s a Swansea player
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 23:33 - Jul 27 with 1444 viewslondonlisa2001

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 23:11 - Jul 27 by Taliesin

Are you sure the club were being open and transparent in releasing the statement. They wouldn't be trying to spin at all? They may be, they may not be. I don't know and nor do vast majority of us, some on here' default position is that the club are lying. The point is Siggy's being crucified because people are believing paper talk.

Siggy has been silent and hasn't issued a counter statement is something I've seen on this thread. Good - that's professional behaviour surely, do we really want him whingeing in the papers. Only he and certain people at the club know the full story about the U.S. and the statement from the club (credible or not) would suggest that they were not particularly unhappy with the development.. It isn't the first team a player has been pulled from matches to avoid injury if a transfer is in the offing, and it won't be the last.

It also wouldn't be unheard of for a player to give 100% after a transfer falling through - yeah maybe he will be a bit pissed (IF he wanted to go) but I don't believe for one second that that would affect Siggy's performances - what might is the crowd being on his back.

Speaking for myself, I bear him no grudge for wanting the move. I think it's perfectly reasonable. More money, a team that is more likely than we are to be challenging for silverware etc.

The reason I want the sale to go through isn't because of anything other than I think we could strengthen the team considerably with the money and I think it's essential we do so.

Saying he wants to go isn't saying he's the devil incarnate. None of them (or very few) are anything other than professional footballers that will go wherever their job takes them.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 23:47 - Jul 27 with 1407 viewsJack_Kass

You can't slap 50m price tag on a player and say that he isn't welcome in our team.

He's not the kind of player to throw a hissy fit, and from talking to people who have actually worked with him in a professional capacity, they have all described him as about as 'model professional', as can exist in the modern day.

He's a good guy who is getting undeserved stick for being in the middle of a s**t show, he's kept his mouth shut all the way, and has never spoken in the public domain about wanting to leave

Those who are trying to act up as tough and hard nosed , on a messageboard especially, need to get a grip and take their head out their backside, if he's our player then he plays, simple as.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 23:49]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 01:12 - Jul 28 with 1363 viewsLeonWasGod

In short, however Clement wants to. It's up to PC and seems a stupid thing for people to get their knickers in a twist over.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 01:19 - Jul 28 with 1354 viewsBilly_the_Bugle

This thread is so negative! If Siggy stays, I will be delighted. I don't care about the USA tour. It was more for the unknown players to impress PC and Siggy is certainly not one of those.

Can anyone point out an instance where, on the field, Siggy has given less than expected, because all I recall is seeing a real desire to win, commitment to the team and a work rate second to none.

His attitude has been faultless so for this episode to destroy his reputation is, quite frankly, ludicrous!!

Leave the management to PC and let's see where we are when the season starts. If Siggy plays, that's good enough for me and we should all get behind him and the rest of the team in my opinion.

Just saying.
Login to get fewer ads

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 01:36 - Jul 28 with 1329 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 23:11 - Jul 27 by Taliesin

Just see it for what it is.

He didn't want to go on tour because he wanted to go to Everton, there's no smoke and mirrors there. There's an element of not wanting to believe the tooth fairy is your parents in a few posts on this thread.

Yes, I'm sure he will give 100% if he stays. No, wanting to leave doesn't make him persona non grata. Not many on here have really slagged him off, imagine the reaction if one of our less popular players did this. I very much doubt the crowd would be on his back if he stayed here. It's just an unbelievable offer for a player who wants to go. I think it suits all parties to get a deal done quick.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 02:38 - Jul 28 with 1306 viewsLoyal

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:08 - Jul 27 by Swanski

I don't see that he has done anything wrong. He has never said he wanted to leave and left it up to the club to see if they could get a great deal out of it which I think is a selfless act. With all the talk and negotiating going on it would have been disruptive to the team on tour. We all know what he can do so it gave a chance to the other guys. it prevented any possible injuries too. I think he did the Club a favour. He Stayed at home and trained his socks off. His is a cracking bloke and has always worn his heart on the Swansea sleeve. He has made no demands from the club and to be honest seams like he just wants to put his head down and play football. Whichever team he ends up playing for he will give his heart and soul to the club. Need more players like him in the premier league I reckon. Hopefully he stays with us but if not I will follow his progress and wish him all the best. Swansea legend.

Nobody is a legend for kicking a bag of wind about mate and getting paid millions to do so.

PS - how do you know he trained his socks off etc ...
And you also state he asked nothing of Swansea ?
Apart from of course not to play for Swansea.

I'm not sure how him being with the club on tour would have been disruptive, unless of course you are intimating he is unprofessional and would allow that to happen ?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 2:42]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 03:41 - Jul 28 with 1279 viewskyswans

I think the club needs to set a date. Aug. 1, whenever. But after that he's not for sale.

We've got to sell and strengthen or keep and train. No more waiting till the 31st to do business.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 05:46 - Jul 28 with 1246 viewsMo_Wives

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 01:19 - Jul 28 by Billy_the_Bugle

This thread is so negative! If Siggy stays, I will be delighted. I don't care about the USA tour. It was more for the unknown players to impress PC and Siggy is certainly not one of those.

Can anyone point out an instance where, on the field, Siggy has given less than expected, because all I recall is seeing a real desire to win, commitment to the team and a work rate second to none.

His attitude has been faultless so for this episode to destroy his reputation is, quite frankly, ludicrous!!

Leave the management to PC and let's see where we are when the season starts. If Siggy plays, that's good enough for me and we should all get behind him and the rest of the team in my opinion.

Just saying.

This episode has not destroyed his reputation for me. I never held him up as someone who would turn down having his wages doubled because he loves our club. He's done it before FFS. I understand that he is a footballer and he will go where the money is. I don't hold this against him and if he stays I will continue to support him...but what I won't do is start pretending he never wanted to leave and that it was not his decision to pull out of pre season. Until I see evidence proving otherwise, I will go with the simplest explanation - He saw the chance of having his wages doubled and playing in Europe, so on the advice of his agent he pulled out of the tour to force (force maybe a strong a word) us to sell.
I also believe he is not one to throw his toys out if the move does not go through.
So to sum up - No, he's not a Devil...he's a footballer and forcing through moves to other clubs for more money is something footballers do.

I'd also like to add, if this was Neil Taylor or Kyle Naughton that had refused to travel because someone wanted to double their wages, I don't believe many would be trying to sugar coat their actions. Most would be saying "get rid".

Good luck, Mr Cooper

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:34 - Jul 28 with 1158 viewsFlashberryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 22:08 - Jul 27 by raynor94

"He's being singled out for refusing to play for our club"

Who told you he refused to play for the club ????????????

Hello

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:45 - Jul 28 with 1142 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:34 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

"He's being singled out for refusing to play for our club"

Who told you he refused to play for the club ????????????

Well saying he didn't want to go on tour because his head wasn't right sounds like a refusal to me, unless he put a sick paper in

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:47 - Jul 28 with 1138 viewsTaliesin

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 05:46 - Jul 28 by Mo_Wives

This episode has not destroyed his reputation for me. I never held him up as someone who would turn down having his wages doubled because he loves our club. He's done it before FFS. I understand that he is a footballer and he will go where the money is. I don't hold this against him and if he stays I will continue to support him...but what I won't do is start pretending he never wanted to leave and that it was not his decision to pull out of pre season. Until I see evidence proving otherwise, I will go with the simplest explanation - He saw the chance of having his wages doubled and playing in Europe, so on the advice of his agent he pulled out of the tour to force (force maybe a strong a word) us to sell.
I also believe he is not one to throw his toys out if the move does not go through.
So to sum up - No, he's not a Devil...he's a footballer and forcing through moves to other clubs for more money is something footballers do.

I'd also like to add, if this was Neil Taylor or Kyle Naughton that had refused to travel because someone wanted to double their wages, I don't believe many would be trying to sugar coat their actions. Most would be saying "get rid".

Very true about Kyle and Neil. But then again they'r shit and I'd have been happy to see the back of them anyway.

I'd still support them if they were stood on the pitch in a Swans shirt tho'. And I still wouldn't believe the sh*t that passes for journalism these days.

If Siggy had his heart set on going then surely he would have put in a transfer request by now - that he hasn't speaks volumes for me. Maybe he does quite fancy the move but he certtainly isn't moving heaven and earth to make it happen.

What I would say is that if we havn't received an acceptable bid by 1st August then he shouldn't be sold - and he should be made aware of this.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:47 - Jul 28 with 1132 views34dfgdf54

What's all this August 1st all about? Is it financal year end 31st July for us?
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:08 - Jul 28 with 1101 viewsMo_Wives

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:47 - Jul 28 by Taliesin

Very true about Kyle and Neil. But then again they'r shit and I'd have been happy to see the back of them anyway.

I'd still support them if they were stood on the pitch in a Swans shirt tho'. And I still wouldn't believe the sh*t that passes for journalism these days.

If Siggy had his heart set on going then surely he would have put in a transfer request by now - that he hasn't speaks volumes for me. Maybe he does quite fancy the move but he certtainly isn't moving heaven and earth to make it happen.

What I would say is that if we havn't received an acceptable bid by 1st August then he shouldn't be sold - and he should be made aware of this.

My point about Kyle and Neil was more that people wouldn't feel the need to defend their refusal to go on pre season.

I agree with your point about journalism. But I believe the club said Siggy won't be traveling because his head is not right. I haven't based my opinion on what journalists are saying.
Ronald Koeman admitted Everton have bid for Siggy.
Siggy never went to the US.
The club said he had told them that morning "his head was not right"
Clement had said, a day before, that Siggys head had not been turned.
This is what I'm basing my opinion on...no bad journalism needed.

I'm not having a go at him for wanting a move. I'm just saying I believe, from the information we have, that he refused to go to America. Just because Siggy is a much better player I don't need to sugar coat this, like I wouldn't if it was Neil or Kyle

Good luck, Mr Cooper

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:15 - Jul 28 with 1083 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:47 - Jul 28 by Taliesin

He hasn't put in a transfer request because it will cost him money

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:21 - Jul 28 with 1070 viewsFlashberryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:45 - Jul 28 by raynor94

Well saying he didn't want to go on tour because his head wasn't right sounds like a refusal to me, unless he put a sick paper in

He said that ?.....or was it just the clubs official press release to the media whilst transfer negotiations were taking place, which would be a little silly if he was in America with the chance of picking up an injury.

But hey! you and the rest of the Siggy lynch mob crack on.

Hello

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:23 - Jul 28 with 1061 views34dfgdf54

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:08 - Jul 28 by Mo_Wives

My point about Kyle and Neil was more that people wouldn't feel the need to defend their refusal to go on pre season.

I agree with your point about journalism. But I believe the club said Siggy won't be traveling because his head is not right. I haven't based my opinion on what journalists are saying.
Ronald Koeman admitted Everton have bid for Siggy.
Siggy never went to the US.
The club said he had told them that morning "his head was not right"
Clement had said, a day before, that Siggys head had not been turned.
This is what I'm basing my opinion on...no bad journalism needed.

I'm not having a go at him for wanting a move. I'm just saying I believe, from the information we have, that he refused to go to America. Just because Siggy is a much better player I don't need to sugar coat this, like I wouldn't if it was Neil or Kyle

I thought that the club may have asked him to stay back, but didn't Paul Clement say he spoke to him privately at hotel to try and make him change his mind?

He wants out. Just think it's too late for it to make business sense for us now personally. Will happily be proved wrong when he no doubt leaves on deadline day.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:35 - Jul 28 with 1022 viewsMo_Wives

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:23 - Jul 28 by 34dfgdf54

I thought that the club may have asked him to stay back, but didn't Paul Clement say he spoke to him privately at hotel to try and make him change his mind?

He wants out. Just think it's too late for it to make business sense for us now personally. Will happily be proved wrong when he no doubt leaves on deadline day.

Don't worry about him leaving on deadline day. I hear we're planning a late move for Enner Valencia.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:36 - Jul 28 with 1021 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:21 - Jul 28 by Flashberryjack

He said that ?.....or was it just the clubs official press release to the media whilst transfer negotiations were taking place, which would be a little silly if he was in America with the chance of picking up an injury.

But hey! you and the rest of the Siggy lynch mob crack on.

If that's what you to believe fine, but I'm a tad more cynical, he's not playing at Brum tomorrow, so on it drags, I'd have taken the £40 million and moved on

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:06 - Jul 28 with 986 viewsFlashberryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:36 - Jul 28 by raynor94

If that's what you to believe fine, but I'm a tad more cynical, he's not playing at Brum tomorrow, so on it drags, I'd have taken the £40 million and moved on

It's not what I believe, it's what IMO may have happened, so because I don't know either way I think it better not to slaughter Siggy for something that I don'y know all the facts about.

I've not seen the team for Birmingham tomorrow, but if he's not playing or named on the bench, then that should be an indication that, either the transfer is still on (which would suggest my reasoning to be valid) or that he is actually refusing to play, if the later is true then we really have cocked things up big time. Unless, as someone else suggested we're waiting until August the 1st for accounting reasons.

Personally, I agree with you, time to take £40 million and move on, provided the board spend a fair wedge of the money on bringing in new first team players (which I don't think they'll do)

Anyway! we'll wait and see.

Hello

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:14 - Jul 28 with 971 viewsvetchonian

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:15 - Jul 28 by raynor94

He hasn't put in a transfer request because it will cost him money

Which he could recover in better wages/bonuses at Everton!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:28 - Jul 28 with 949 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:14 - Jul 28 by vetchonian

Which he could recover in better wages/bonuses at Everton!

Aye he's a hero

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024