Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA 09:02 - Jul 27 with 9159 viewsLoyal

He is back in training, and admittedly he may have a medical note to say his head has gone, but ordinarily now he is back in training what should the club have done to discipline him. Effectively he refused to play for the swans which for me is the end of line so any thoughts on discipline ?

These papmepred losers get away with far too much, even if the club haven't sanctioned him then should the fans let him know what a knob he has been ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:25 - Jul 27 with 1515 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:20 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

It's a fact that Siggy didn't refuse to go on the tour. The official club statement said he wasn't in the right frame of mind to travel with uncertainty over his future, now weather he refused to travel, requested not to travel or was told to not travel we don't know .

No point in painting the fooker as bad or good when no fooker on here actually knows the real story.

My view is that it was agreed that he stays as a move was imminent then Everton started fooking us around with the money.
Siggy has it seems acted in the right way but the truth is that no fooker knows.

It's not a fact that he didn't refuse to go on the tour until someone proves it. It's a possibility, a fairly slim one I'd guess, but plausible. In my view, we would have had to have been very close to a deal with Everton to not want him out there. I'd have expected some kind of counter statement from Gylfi to if he had been told not to travel.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:25 - Jul 27 with 1516 viewsjacabertawe

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:21 - Jul 27 by jack247

Probably, but I can't see that making any difference. It's a false economy haggling now, unless we genuinely are looking to keep him, have already agreed a deal for a replacement, or are going to activate a buy out clause

Ten per cent, apparently

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2017/07/27/spurs-to-receive-gylfi-sigurdsson-boost-

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:25 - Jul 27 with 1516 viewsMo_Wives

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:20 - Jul 27 by icecoldjack

It's a fact that Siggy didn't refuse to go on the tour. The official club statement said he wasn't in the right frame of mind to travel with uncertainty over his future, now weather he refused to travel, requested not to travel or was told to not travel we don't know .

No point in painting the fooker as bad or good when no fooker on here actually knows the real story.

My view is that it was agreed that he stays as a move was imminent then Everton started fooking us around with the money.
Siggy has it seems acted in the right way but the truth is that no fooker knows.

"It's a fact that Siggy didn't refuse to go on the tour"

"now weather he refused to travel....we don't know"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:33 - Jul 27 with 1495 views34dfgdf54

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:48 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

Tell you what we need - one of those Facebook filter things to change all avatars to one representing the plight of Siggy the oppressed.

What a load of nonsense.

The bloke doesn't want to play for us. He has told the club he wants to leave. He won't put in a formal transfer request as it hits his pocket. He refused to travel on the pre season tour.

And people are talking about how professional he is?

Yet again, we are having a farce of a transfer window and pre season.

Accept the offer, bring in the players we so desperately need. Stop buggering about trying to get an extra £500k for Barrow, ship these players out as soon as possible, and start getting the squad working together.

It is genuinely ridiculous.

Anyone that wants to keep Siggy at this point needs their heads read. We are effectively paying £45m for a midfielder at the expense of any other squad strengthening. What if he tears his ACL in the first week of September?

Anyone who wants to keep Siggy need their heads read?

Anyone who trusts Jenkins, in 16 x days to replace a player of Siggy's quality for a Premier League season which could make the club £100 plus million for survival, need their heads read.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:42 - Jul 27 with 1474 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:33 - Jul 27 by 34dfgdf54

Anyone who wants to keep Siggy need their heads read?

Anyone who trusts Jenkins, in 16 x days to replace a player of Siggy's quality for a Premier League season which could make the club £100 plus million for survival, need their heads read.

I don't think we even nearly are there yet, but the point will come when the most prudent option will be to forego the fantastic opportunity we had to reshape the squad, keep Siggy and Llorente,take our chances on them staying fit and stay up playing set piece football again.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:44 - Jul 27 with 1466 viewsswanjackal

Burn him! He turned me into a newt!

I got better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:51 - Jul 27 with 1441 views34dfgdf54

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:42 - Jul 27 by jack247

I don't think we even nearly are there yet, but the point will come when the most prudent option will be to forego the fantastic opportunity we had to reshape the squad, keep Siggy and Llorente,take our chances on them staying fit and stay up playing set piece football again.

I was all for the deal, Siggy has obviously had his head turned. I don't personally think he will cause problems if he stays, but it's obvious he prefers the move to Everton so the deal should have been done and dusted by now with us having ample time to reshape the squad.

16 x days is not enough to do this, especially with the clowns we have in charge at the moment.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:51 - Jul 27 with 1437 viewsFlashberryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:48 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

Tell you what we need - one of those Facebook filter things to change all avatars to one representing the plight of Siggy the oppressed.

What a load of nonsense.

The bloke doesn't want to play for us. He has told the club he wants to leave. He won't put in a formal transfer request as it hits his pocket. He refused to travel on the pre season tour.

And people are talking about how professional he is?

Yet again, we are having a farce of a transfer window and pre season.

Accept the offer, bring in the players we so desperately need. Stop buggering about trying to get an extra £500k for Barrow, ship these players out as soon as possible, and start getting the squad working together.

It is genuinely ridiculous.

Anyone that wants to keep Siggy at this point needs their heads read. We are effectively paying £45m for a midfielder at the expense of any other squad strengthening. What if he tears his ACL in the first week of September?

"The bloke doesn't want to play for us. He has told the club he wants to leave"

You know this as fact ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:54 - Jul 27 with 1428 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:42 - Jul 27 by jack247

Well that option will alienate a lot of fans including me, I was looking forward to some free flowing football again under Clement

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:24 - Jul 27 with 1362 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:54 - Jul 27 by raynor94

Well that option will alienate a lot of fans including me, I was looking forward to some free flowing football again under Clement

So was I, but it's coming up to stick or twist time. I think we all know how the season will go if we don't adequately replace those two. It's not my preferred option by a long way, but we need time to bring in quality players and integrate them into the squad. It's a huge gamble to let this drag on.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:31 - Jul 27 with 1345 viewsgolly47

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:24 - Jul 27 by jack247

So was I, but it's coming up to stick or twist time. I think we all know how the season will go if we don't adequately replace those two. It's not my preferred option by a long way, but we need time to bring in quality players and integrate them into the squad. It's a huge gamble to let this drag on.

Totally agree. A huge gamble.

If Gylfi stays, we keep our best player. Plain and simple. (However there's the possibility he won't commit 100% due to interest for another team)
If Gylfi goes, we will have a substantial amount of cash to reinvest, however with the season starting in a few weeks time, will it be too late for transfers?

I love Gylfi to bits, but I'd rather take the money. If you don't want to play for us, then I suppose the technical term would be to f*&k off.

Poll: What was worse?

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:32 - Jul 27 with 1341 viewsmonmouth

I'm actually intrigued by the 1 August arguments. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a deal agreed over the weekend, then medicals and shit to take us to a completion on Tuesday.

It's probably more like Barklay causing the logjam though, whatever is being said publicly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:32 - Jul 27 with 1338 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 13:24 - Jul 27 by jack247

Can't disagree with any of that

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:03 - Jul 27 with 1253 viewstrampie

Gylfi to come on as sub for the Swans first game of the season and score, Gylfi to start and score/create in the next two games, Everton to come in on the last day of the window with 50 big ones and the Swans tell them the price is now 60 big ones, lol.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 14:15]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 1252 viewsvetchonian

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:54 - Jul 27 by raynor94

I do not understand all the comments on various threads which make out Gylfi is not capable of playing free flowing football.
During his first season back with us the season we finished 8th whilst we were starting to suffer from Monkball.....before Bony went we layed some attractive football with Gylfi being the feed for Wilf linking with flicks one twos. Many have advocated the return of Wilf as he is better suited to that free flowing game.We have to remember Gylfi was part of that.Clem had to keep us up the Gylfi/LLorente set piece worked he didnt have the luxury to tinker and work on "nice" football he and we needed results. When Clem got here the squad was in dissaray and with zero confidnece following BBs management the starting 11 was nt even settled....for the first time in many years...so many forget we had since Robertos arrival had a core and a spine to the team Ash,Leon,Rangel, and we always under succesive managers had a clue of the team . We know the failure to properly replace key players has been an issue and last season Ash went too so we were starting form a bad position Francesco spent a few games trying to find his best combination gven his resources and this was done on the fly due to our late dealings....this cost us points and squad togetherness....who can forget Taylorgate?...Just when Francesco seemed to be getting to grips allong came Bob...no more needs to be said. Clem is brought in in Jan with us propping up the league....how could he start playing free flowing footballin those circumstances. He neded this summer to work with the squad to develop that....but to say Gylfi is incapable of playing that way well.....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:19 - Jul 27 with 1214 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:04 - Jul 27 by vetchonian

I do not understand all the comments on various threads which make out Gylfi is not capable of playing free flowing football.
During his first season back with us the season we finished 8th whilst we were starting to suffer from Monkball.....before Bony went we layed some attractive football with Gylfi being the feed for Wilf linking with flicks one twos. Many have advocated the return of Wilf as he is better suited to that free flowing game.We have to remember Gylfi was part of that.Clem had to keep us up the Gylfi/LLorente set piece worked he didnt have the luxury to tinker and work on "nice" football he and we needed results. When Clem got here the squad was in dissaray and with zero confidnece following BBs management the starting 11 was nt even settled....for the first time in many years...so many forget we had since Robertos arrival had a core and a spine to the team Ash,Leon,Rangel, and we always under succesive managers had a clue of the team . We know the failure to properly replace key players has been an issue and last season Ash went too so we were starting form a bad position Francesco spent a few games trying to find his best combination gven his resources and this was done on the fly due to our late dealings....this cost us points and squad togetherness....who can forget Taylorgate?...Just when Francesco seemed to be getting to grips allong came Bob...no more needs to be said. Clem is brought in in Jan with us propping up the league....how could he start playing free flowing footballin those circumstances. He neded this summer to work with the squad to develop that....but to say Gylfi is incapable of playing that way well.....

It's the Gylfi and Llorente combination that gets us a lot of goals but makes us play more directly. Play Gylfi behind someone who can create time and space for him and he can play like a more traditional #10. Bony did it with his strength holding defenders off and his flicks and through balls. Danny Graham did it with sheer workrate, dragging defenders out of position with his runs. Gylfi hasn't got pace and he can't beat a man, but he is more than capable of playing attractive football.

I'd still sell him though, as long as we can make it quick.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:20 - Jul 27 with 1209 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:03 - Jul 27 by trampie

Gylfi to come on as sub for the Swans first game of the season and score, Gylfi to start and score/create in the next two games, Everton to come in on the last day of the window with 50 big ones and the Swans tell them the price is now 60 big ones, lol.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 14:15]

I sincerely hope he is not for sale at any price on the last day of the window
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:30 - Jul 27 with 1187 viewsvetchonian

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:19 - Jul 27 by jack247

It's the Gylfi and Llorente combination that gets us a lot of goals but makes us play more directly. Play Gylfi behind someone who can create time and space for him and he can play like a more traditional #10. Bony did it with his strength holding defenders off and his flicks and through balls. Danny Graham did it with sheer workrate, dragging defenders out of position with his runs. Gylfi hasn't got pace and he can't beat a man, but he is more than capable of playing attractive football.

I'd still sell him though, as long as we can make it quick.

So are we better off selling Llorente and finding a striker in the mode of WIlf/DG and also giving us the option of Gylfi scoring free kicks.

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:37 - Jul 27 with 1166 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:30 - Jul 27 by vetchonian

So are we better off selling Llorente and finding a striker in the mode of WIlf/DG and also giving us the option of Gylfi scoring free kicks.

I'd honestly be happy to take £60-£70m and spend the majority of it to try to rebuild a more fluid attack. The closer to the start of the season we get though, the more I'd be in favour of going with what we have got.

We have signed a Leon replacement and brought in a goal poacher on loan, we have cleared out a fair bit of deadwood. This window could/should be an opportunity to start playing exciting football again.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:58 - Jul 27 with 1118 views34dfgdf54

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:37 - Jul 27 by jack247

I'd honestly be happy to take £60-£70m and spend the majority of it to try to rebuild a more fluid attack. The closer to the start of the season we get though, the more I'd be in favour of going with what we have got.

We have signed a Leon replacement and brought in a goal poacher on loan, we have cleared out a fair bit of deadwood. This window could/should be an opportunity to start playing exciting football again.

Spot on.

When Jeff goes, me and you can be mates forever.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:16 - Jul 27 with 1083 viewsvetchonian

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 14:37 - Jul 27 by jack247

do you honestly think that all that will be made available for reinvestment?

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:20 - Jul 27 with 1073 viewsicecoldjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:25 - Jul 27 by Mo_Wives

"It's a fact that Siggy didn't refuse to go on the tour"

"now weather he refused to travel....we don't know"

Sorry, my mistake. i meant to say "is it"

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:22 - Jul 27 with 1064 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:16 - Jul 27 by vetchonian

No. Read it back. I said the majority.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:31 - Jul 27 with 1036 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 15:16 - Jul 27 by vetchonian

Of course it won't, but I'd hope a substantial amount would, I'm at a loss though how people are bending over backwards to support a player who doesn't want to be here. #ByeByegylfi

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 16:39 - Jul 27 with 954 views3swan

Back in the real world.

Hey boss, one of your competitors could be thinking of offering me a job, now I need time to think about my options, so I don't think I should work next week.

Ok?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024