Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA 09:02 - Jul 27 with 9183 viewsLoyal

He is back in training, and admittedly he may have a medical note to say his head has gone, but ordinarily now he is back in training what should the club have done to discipline him. Effectively he refused to play for the swans which for me is the end of line so any thoughts on discipline ?

These papmepred losers get away with far too much, even if the club haven't sanctioned him then should the fans let him know what a knob he has been ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 16:55 - Jul 27 with 1281 viewsSTID2017

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 11:48 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

Tell you what we need - one of those Facebook filter things to change all avatars to one representing the plight of Siggy the oppressed.

What a load of nonsense.

The bloke doesn't want to play for us. He has told the club he wants to leave. He won't put in a formal transfer request as it hits his pocket. He refused to travel on the pre season tour.

And people are talking about how professional he is?

Yet again, we are having a farce of a transfer window and pre season.

Accept the offer, bring in the players we so desperately need. Stop buggering about trying to get an extra £500k for Barrow, ship these players out as soon as possible, and start getting the squad working together.

It is genuinely ridiculous.

Anyone that wants to keep Siggy at this point needs their heads read. We are effectively paying £45m for a midfielder at the expense of any other squad strengthening. What if he tears his ACL in the first week of September?

Where the hell is it documented he has told the club he wants to leave ?
Were you a fly on the wall or are you ITK to confirm that is true ?
We've had nothing concrete from Swans that they want him to go or anything from Gylfi saying such a thing ?
He is still our player until the club sell him. Let's just prepare for the season on that basis

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 16:59 - Jul 27 with 1268 viewsLoyal

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:25 - Jul 27 by jack247

It's not a fact that he didn't refuse to go on the tour until someone proves it. It's a possibility, a fairly slim one I'd guess, but plausible. In my view, we would have had to have been very close to a deal with Everton to not want him out there. I'd have expected some kind of counter statement from Gylfi to if he had been told not to travel.

The fact he wasn't there and the stamements he didn't feel right about going tells me all I need to know

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 17:04 - Jul 27 with 1256 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 16:55 - Jul 27 by STID2017

Where the hell is it documented he has told the club he wants to leave ?
Were you a fly on the wall or are you ITK to confirm that is true ?
We've had nothing concrete from Swans that they want him to go or anything from Gylfi saying such a thing ?
He is still our player until the club sell him. Let's just prepare for the season on that basis

I'd imagine when he refused to go on the tour, because his head wasn't in the right place, gave us a bit of a clue he wanted to leave

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 17:08 - Jul 27 with 1247 viewsSTID2017

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 16:59 - Jul 27 by Loyal

The fact he wasn't there and the stamements he didn't feel right about going tells me all I need to know

The point is though for all the factors that may have unsettled him ( be that the media, his agent) etc, he ws and still is a Swansea City player.
Everton and Leicester may not follow through on their interest to the Swans satisfaction and he may be our player until at least January or even next summer.
Writing him off as a Swans player is at this moment premature
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 17:09]

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 17:11 - Jul 27 with 1234 viewsSTID2017

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 17:04 - Jul 27 by raynor94

I'd imagine when he refused to go on the tour, because his head wasn't in the right place, gave us a bit of a clue he wanted to leave

I accept we can all make assumptions based on his actions, but whether we all make the same assumptions and whether they are correct is another matter.

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 17:29 - Jul 27 with 1203 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 17:11 - Jul 27 by STID2017

I accept we can all make assumptions based on his actions, but whether we all make the same assumptions and whether they are correct is another matter.

Well what other conclusion can you come to? he refused to go

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 18:42 - Jul 27 with 1141 viewsmonmouth

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 16:59 - Jul 27 by Loyal

Isn't it incredible that anyone still wants to lick his passage? Why do people idolise these facking transient mercenaries and look to excuse them anything.

He didn't want to play for Swansea City - our club mind - in our pre-season tour because he wants a big money move to Everton. Any other interpretation is ridiculous. Why else would his 'head not be right'?

Sell for don't sell, whatever, but ffs get over the fawning. Just like others before him, it's all take take take from these greedy c*nts. At least you could understand Rangel and Bodde, who weren't creaming off £70K plus a week. They are all fortunate to be a passing footnote in our great club.

And yes, I've had a gutsful of the 'poor Siggy' crap.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 19:20 - Jul 27 with 1093 viewsjack247

Yes, my guess is he either refused or at the very least asked not to go on tour
Login to get fewer ads

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 19:48 - Jul 27 with 1057 viewsFlashberryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 16:39 - Jul 27 by 3swan

Back in the real world.

Hey boss, one of your competitors could be thinking of offering me a job, now I need time to think about my options, so I don't think I should work next week.

Ok?

Back in the real, real world.

Hey boss, one of your competitors could be thinking of offering me a job, they are prepared to give you £45 million in compensation though.

I feel both of us need time to think about our options, it really would be in both our interests if I didn't travel with the team to America, in case I get injured, because if I do, neither of us will have to think about our options, as the deal will be well and truly f*cked.

Ok?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:08 - Jul 27 with 1020 viewsSwanski

I don't see that he has done anything wrong. He has never said he wanted to leave and left it up to the club to see if they could get a great deal out of it which I think is a selfless act. With all the talk and negotiating going on it would have been disruptive to the team on tour. We all know what he can do so it gave a chance to the other guys. it prevented any possible injuries too. I think he did the Club a favour. He Stayed at home and trained his socks off. His is a cracking bloke and has always worn his heart on the Swansea sleeve. He has made no demands from the club and to be honest seams like he just wants to put his head down and play football. Whichever team he ends up playing for he will give his heart and soul to the club. Need more players like him in the premier league I reckon. Hopefully he stays with us but if not I will follow his progress and wish him all the best. Swansea legend.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:08 - Jul 27 with 1019 viewsGaryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 16:39 - Jul 27 by 3swan

Back in the real world.

Hey boss, one of your competitors could be thinking of offering me a job, now I need time to think about my options, so I don't think I should work next week.

Ok?

Spot on Clive. We should have sacked him on the spot and released him from his contract. No player would try that shit with us again that's for sure eh!
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:10 - Jul 27 with 1010 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:08 - Jul 27 by Swanski

I don't see that he has done anything wrong. He has never said he wanted to leave and left it up to the club to see if they could get a great deal out of it which I think is a selfless act. With all the talk and negotiating going on it would have been disruptive to the team on tour. We all know what he can do so it gave a chance to the other guys. it prevented any possible injuries too. I think he did the Club a favour. He Stayed at home and trained his socks off. His is a cracking bloke and has always worn his heart on the Swansea sleeve. He has made no demands from the club and to be honest seams like he just wants to put his head down and play football. Whichever team he ends up playing for he will give his heart and soul to the club. Need more players like him in the premier league I reckon. Hopefully he stays with us but if not I will follow his progress and wish him all the best. Swansea legend.

It's not a selfless act ffs, he wants to go to Everton.

I'm sure he is a tidy guy and will give his all if he ends up staying, but come on
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA (n/t) on 20:10 - Jul 27 with 1008 viewsSwanski

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:10 - Jul 27 with 1008 viewsraynor94

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 19:48 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

Hey boss, one of your competitors could be thinking of offering me a job, they are prepared to give you £45 million in compensation though.

I feel both of us need time to think about our options, it really would be in both our interests if I didn't travel with the team to America, in case I get injured, because if I do, neither of us will have to think about our options, as the deal will be well and truly f*cked.

Ok?

You left out and they all lived happily ever after only my opinion I have no doubt he refused to go, and the sooner this sorry saga comes to an end the better

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:17 - Jul 27 with 987 viewslondonlisa2001

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:33 - Jul 27 by 34dfgdf54

Anyone who wants to keep Siggy need their heads read?

Anyone who trusts Jenkins, in 16 x days to replace a player of Siggy's quality for a Premier League season which could make the club £100 plus million for survival, need their heads read.

We do not have a strong enough squad.

It's as simple as that. I like Siggy as I've said on many occasions, but we cannot rely on one player to save our season. We are, as I said, an injury away from nothing if we do that.

I certainly don't trust the club's ability to plug the gaps with a succession of young, cheap players. At least a good amount of money will allow us to 'gamble' (as it always is), with more sure things.

He also wants to go.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:22 - Jul 27 with 966 viewslondonlisa2001

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 12:51 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

"The bloke doesn't want to play for us. He has told the club he wants to leave"

You know this as fact ?

People who would know have said it to be true and I believe them. Same as I believe that he said to the club that he didn't want to go to Leicester.

Look, if you want to believe that the club are trying to push him out, you crack on.

Let's see how long it is if the club accept an offer before Siggy signs for Everton shall we?
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:25 - Jul 27 with 958 viewsTaliesin

What I find incredible about this thread is the number of people who seem to take what's written in the press as gospel.

Has Siggy said he want's to go? We don't know but 'The Daily F*ckwit' says he wants to go sand that's enough for some. How much has been bid, why did't he go to the States, etc - we don't know - But it's in the press mosh!

Get a grip is it?

Accept what you don't know and stop filling the gaps with press speculation and your own fetid imaginings and support the team that's out on the pitch, whether Siggy be there or not.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:27 - Jul 27 with 951 viewslondonlisa2001

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 19:48 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

Ok?

"Good idea Gylfi. Do us a favour though and captain the team at Barnet first will you? No danger in getting injured playing against a bunch of lower division cloggers and it'll be a particular boost if we do some social media as well making a big thing of it."

Lol.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:30 - Jul 27 with 936 viewsFlashberryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:10 - Jul 27 by raynor94

You left out and they all lived happily ever after only my opinion I have no doubt he refused to go, and the sooner this sorry saga comes to an end the better

It's not a case of "they all lived happily ever after" it's about the player looking after his interests, and the club looking after theirs.

I know one thing for sure, If I were in charge of the club, I wouldn't have wanted Siggy to travel to America, with the possibility of the biggest deal in the history of our club going t&ts up.

Although I do agree with your thoughts of "the sooner this sorry saga comes to an end the better"

Hello

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:38 - Jul 27 with 908 viewsjack247

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:25 - Jul 27 by Taliesin

What I find incredible about this thread is the number of people who seem to take what's written in the press as gospel.

Has Siggy said he want's to go? We don't know but 'The Daily F*ckwit' says he wants to go sand that's enough for some. How much has been bid, why did't he go to the States, etc - we don't know - But it's in the press mosh!

Get a grip is it?

Accept what you don't know and stop filling the gaps with press speculation and your own fetid imaginings and support the team that's out on the pitch, whether Siggy be there or not.

Most people are making assumptions based on the fact he didn't go to America, the club put out a statement saying he wasn't in the right frame of mind and he didn't attempt to counter that.

I think that's a fairly reasonable set of circumstances to base your assumptions on to be honest.
How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:43 - Jul 27 with 888 viewsMo_Wives

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:27 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

"Good idea Gylfi. Do us a favour though and captain the team at Barnet first will you? No danger in getting injured playing against a bunch of lower division cloggers and it'll be a particular boost if we do some social media as well making a big thing of it."

Lol.

And while we're away you can train with the U23's, where no one ever gets injured

Good luck, Mr Cooper

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:48 - Jul 27 with 873 viewsFlashberryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:27 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

Was the offer on the table when we played Barnet ? the team selected to play against Birmingham should tell us more.

Hello

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 21:00 - Jul 27 with 840 viewsSTID2017

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 20:22 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

People who would know have said it to be true and I believe them. Same as I believe that he said to the club that he didn't want to go to Leicester.

Look, if you want to believe that the club are trying to push him out, you crack on.

Let's see how long it is if the club accept an offer before Siggy signs for Everton shall we?

Lisa, your posts are always sensible and I have no beef with you.
I do not believe the club are trying to overtly push him out, otherwise they'd have sold him off to the highest bidder.
Nor do I believe that Gylfi is trying to force the club's hand, although I feel he would love a move to Everton if offered.
I think overall it's a mixture of media pressure and possibly Gylfi's agent up to mischief making.
However, IMO if the offer comes in that suits the club and Gylfi, he will be gone

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 21:09 - Jul 27 with 818 viewsFlashberryjack

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 21:00 - Jul 27 by STID2017

Lisa, your posts are always sensible and I have no beef with you.
I do not believe the club are trying to overtly push him out, otherwise they'd have sold him off to the highest bidder.
Nor do I believe that Gylfi is trying to force the club's hand, although I feel he would love a move to Everton if offered.
I think overall it's a mixture of media pressure and possibly Gylfi's agent up to mischief making.
However, IMO if the offer comes in that suits the club and Gylfi, he will be gone

" if the offer comes in that suits the club and Gylfi, he will be gone"

Same goes for any of our players, or even our directors for that matter.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 21:10]

Hello

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 21:13 - Jul 27 with 809 viewsSTID2017

How should the club deal with Gylfi after he refused to go,to USA on 21:09 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

" if the offer comes in that suits the club and Gylfi, he will be gone"

Same goes for any of our players, or even our directors for that matter.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 21:10]

Very true - so why is Gylfi singled out by some on here as if he's the Devil incarnate ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024