Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? 18:18 - Jul 29 with 9361 viewsE20Jack

What do you think it would take to buy him off Chelsea?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:22 - Jul 29 with 4014 viewsMo_Wives

One million dollars.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:22 - Jul 29 with 4013 viewsJethroJack

He's just signed a 5yr contract with them.
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:23 - Jul 29 with 4005 viewsMo_Wives

I don't think they'd let him go yet. I don't blame them.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:25 - Jul 29 with 3976 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:22 - Jul 29 by JethroJack

He's just signed a 5yr contract with them.

Yep at 50k a week.

This is the type of player we need to be heavily investing in. Chelsea are a club that will always prefer a foreign named striker over a home grown product as Daniel Sturridge found out.

Although I think after this season he will be well out of range.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:28 - Jul 29 with 3927 viewsFlashberryjack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:25 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Yep at 50k a week.

This is the type of player we need to be heavily investing in. Chelsea are a club that will always prefer a foreign named striker over a home grown product as Daniel Sturridge found out.

"Although I think after this season he will be well out of range"

I sincerely hope so.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:34 - Jul 29 with 3874 viewsE20Jack

I honestly think he will be a household name in a few years time. He will be our version of Defoe and Sturridge were to Bournemouth and Bolton.

Fantastic signing by Clement and shows how important contacts in the game are when appointing a manager. Especially after looking at Monk signing every fringe Swansea player under the sun wherever he goes.

With the £20m reported fee for Llorente I would happily test the waters with that as a bid back to them (or a swap would be far more prudent tax wise). But feel I am wishing more than being realistic.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:35 - Jul 29 with 3864 viewsDr_Winston

Shall we see if he's any good in the Premier League first?

Give the kid a chance before we build him up to be the next big thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:36 - Jul 29 with 3849 viewsjack247

They won't want to sell him and he won't want to leave them. The must rate him crazy high if they are prepared to give him a contract like that.
Login to get fewer ads

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:38 - Jul 29 with 3827 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:35 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

I don't think you have to, the lad has quality coming out of his ears, anyone can see that. Plenty of players are signed for big money that have never played in the PL. If we wait to see if he is any good in the PL then he goes from a good young player to proven Premier League England hopeful and your £20m turns into £40m.

(although this is just for the sake of debate, I realise this is a very unlikely deal to even think about making)
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 18:39]

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:38 - Jul 29 with 3821 viewsexiledclaseboy

He'll be Schechter Mk IX by the end of August. And the second coming of Bony by the end of October.

Poll: Tory leader

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:39 - Jul 29 with 3801 viewshobo

He'll be out of our reach at that point. Looks like he has all the qualities. I'd try offering Llorente for Abraham + £10m
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:43 - Jul 29 with 3750 views34dfgdf54

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:25 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Yep at 50k a week.

I assume you're not this quick to invest in your trading business are you E20? One game against Championship opposition.
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:46 - Jul 29 with 3716 viewsfelixstowe_jack

After the clanger they dropped with Lukaku I can't see them letting him go anytime soon except with a buyback clause at a set fee.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:48 - Jul 29 with 3695 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:43 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

I assume you're not this quick to invest in your trading business are you E20? One game against Championship opposition.

I don't have a trading business, but would see a 22 goal championship striker as a 19 year old in a struggling side, tipped to break into the first team of a CL side - in this current market as worth every penny of the fee we get for Llorente. It is about risk and reward. I do not see much risk in spending money like that on a player of his clear ability and the rewards are astronomical.

As touched upon, if we wait for the inevitable (him establishing himself in the PL) then that £20m striker becomes out of reach and turns into a £40m striker. As a club that relies so much on our transfer dealings we need to be making clever forward thinking signings, they are low risk investments. Compare that with the £15m of Borja and its laughable.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:55 - Jul 29 with 3638 viewsjack247

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:48 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

I don't have a trading business, but would see a 22 goal championship striker as a 19 year old in a struggling side, tipped to break into the first team of a CL side - in this current market as worth every penny of the fee we get for Llorente. It is about risk and reward. I do not see much risk in spending money like that on a player of his clear ability and the rewards are astronomical.

As touched upon, if we wait for the inevitable (him establishing himself in the PL) then that £20m striker becomes out of reach and turns into a £40m striker. As a club that relies so much on our transfer dealings we need to be making clever forward thinking signings, they are low risk investments. Compare that with the £15m of Borja and its laughable.

Spending £20m on teenagers who have never played at the top level is not low risk, no matter how high the potential reward may be.
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:59 - Jul 29 with 3589 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:55 - Jul 29 by jack247

Spending £20m on teenagers who have never played at the top level is not low risk, no matter how high the potential reward may be.

It isn't a random teenager though is it. It is a lad that scored 22 goals last year, and has shone against some of the best prospects in world football in the England U-21 side. He has been given a 5 year contract by Chelsea on 50k a week. You only have to look at him to see he is a superstar in waiting.

I will happily bookmark this and we can revisit it to see if a £20m acquisition at this stage will have been a very good low risk acquisition.. In a world where Chris Wood is valued at £20m then that is an absolute no brainer.

£20m will seem like peanuts for Tammy in 2 years time. This is the forward thinking we need.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 19:00]

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:06 - Jul 29 with 3535 viewsDr_Winston

Borja Baston scored 19 goals at a higher level than Abraham the season before we bought him, yet spending £15m on him was idiocy and spending £20m on Abraham is a great idea.

Hmmmm.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:08 - Jul 29 with 3500 viewsjack247

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:59 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

It isn't a random teenager though is it. It is a lad that scored 22 goals last year, and has shone against some of the best prospects in world football in the England U-21 side. He has been given a 5 year contract by Chelsea on 50k a week. You only have to look at him to see he is a superstar in waiting.

I will happily bookmark this and we can revisit it to see if a £20m acquisition at this stage will have been a very good low risk acquisition.. In a world where Chris Wood is valued at £20m then that is an absolute no brainer.

£20m will seem like peanuts for Tammy in 2 years time. This is the forward thinking we need.

No, he is not a random teenager, he is a teenager who has some very well in a struggling championship team, just as Borja did very well in a struggling La Liga team.

You will never be able look back and say it was a low risk signing, even if he turns into the next Messi. The very nature of risk means you don't have the benefit of hindsight.

I'm not suggesting he won't be a £40m player in the future, he may be the next big thing, he may be the next Francis Jeffers. It would be great if it came off, but a huge gamble to take.
Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:09 - Jul 29 with 3492 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:06 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

Borja Baston scored 19 goals at a higher level than Abraham the season before we bought him, yet spending £15m on him was idiocy and spending £20m on Abraham is a great idea.

Hmmmm.

Borja never was going to fit into our side. Its one thing scoring goals, its another having the attributes to do that consistently. Does Borja have those attributes? I have never seen any evidence of them. Does Tammy? In bucket loads.

If we keep waiting for the inevitable class players to prove themselves then we simply will never sign any. Instead we have a fanbase willing the signing of a 27/28 year old for £30m euros.

terrifying.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:10 - Jul 29 with 3477 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:06 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

Hmmmm.

Nothing like a bit of overreaction of a couple of friendlies on here hey?

The guy clearly has talent, but looks a good 2 or 3 years away from being a first choice PL CF. He has a long way to develop physically for a start. Chooses the wrong options in build up play often, and also seems to disappear in games for periods.

Still, early days and only friendlies. Lets hope he does far better than Baston.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:11 - Jul 29 with 3467 viewsFlashberryjack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 18:59 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

I'm sure Chelsea are fully aware of his talents and his future prospects, just like your good self.

They really need the cash, so you think they'd let him go for £20 million ? even if they did, there'd demand a massive sell on clause which would negate any future sell on profit.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:12 - Jul 29 with 3450 viewsDr_Winston

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:10 - Jul 29 by PozuelosSideys

The guy clearly has talent, but looks a good 2 or 3 years away from being a first choice PL CF. He has a long way to develop physically for a start. Chooses the wrong options in build up play often, and also seems to disappear in games for periods.

Still, early days and only friendlies. Lets hope he does far better than Baston.

It's always the way in these parts.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:15 - Jul 29 with 3434 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:08 - Jul 29 by jack247

No, he is not a random teenager, he is a teenager who has some very well in a struggling championship team, just as Borja did very well in a struggling La Liga team.

You will never be able look back and say it was a low risk signing, even if he turns into the next Messi. The very nature of risk means you don't have the benefit of hindsight.

I'm not suggesting he won't be a £40m player in the future, he may be the next big thing, he may be the next Francis Jeffers. It would be great if it came off, but a huge gamble to take.

Borja does not have the same attributes. Tammy isn't just good at ''scoring goals'', he has physical attributes as well as technical. That has been shown time and time again.

Of course you can look back and say it was a low risk signing. I am a risk analyst by trade, it is our job to analyse the risk in a forward thinking capacity. Signing Gareth Bale for £10m was a low risk signing and always will be even if he failed, down to his sheer talent and age.

I don't see it as a gamble at all. When you look at the price we are talking (I doubt we could even get him for £20m), then look at the market. £20m is what top Championship strikers go for, let alone a player in his teens that tore the league apart and tipped to be the next International star. So considering the price of Championship strikers - he has already proved himself worthy of that figure.

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:16 - Jul 29 with 3423 viewsDr_Winston

How many Championship strikers have gone for £20m?

How many of them have proven to be worth it at a higher level?

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:17 - Jul 29 with 3416 viewsE20Jack

Tammy Abraham, how much would it take? on 19:10 - Jul 29 by PozuelosSideys

No reaction from me, be that over or under there of. If you look at my post history I said this long before the friendlies. He has talent coming out of every single pore. Again once he becomes a regular PL CF then that £20m turns into £40m and out of our reach.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024