Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa 01:51 - Jul 31 with 5585 viewsNirvana

This article says as many as eight PL clubs have contacted Inter about 'Gabigol' recently, with us included:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2723437-premier-league-clubs-willing-to-rescu

West Ham have been the presumed destination for awhile, but I would assume he might be worried about his playing time there, given their signings this summer. This transfer isn't happening for us, realistically, but if it did it would be an excellent signing (on loan).

A creative, dynamic, goal-scoring winger is exactly what we need, and Gabriel checks those boxes and more. Simply put, the kid is quality, albeit a bit arrogant, and could play all across the frontline. His record at Inter might not be the best, but the club was a terrible environment for his first foray outside of Brazil and the league is insanely tactical. He'd fit in much more in the fast-paced intensity of the PL, and he'd get plenty of playing time with us.

This is a no-brainer for me. Please let this happen somehow. The highlights:

[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 1:51]
Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 20:34 - Jul 31 with 5196 viewsHighjack

I won't get excited until Chris Rue confirms it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 21:03 - Jul 31 with 5094 viewsHugeEnkins

Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 20:34 - Jul 31 by Highjack

I won't get excited until Chris Rue confirms it.

Missing the silent T there... Chris (t)Rue
Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 00:45 - Aug 1 with 4884 viewsHighjack

Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 21:03 - Jul 31 by HugeEnkins

Missing the silent T there... Chris (t)Rue

He's Christ?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 13:35 - Aug 1 with 4632 viewsHugeEnkins

Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 00:45 - Aug 1 by Highjack

He's Christ?

..just a very naughty boy
Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 22:43 - Aug 1 with 4356 viewsNirvana

This article makes it seem as though Inter are basically begging someone to take Gabriel off their hands:

http://www.repubblica.it/sport/calcio/serie-a/2017/07/28/news/da_uomini_destino_

Erick Thohir is the chairman and minority owner of Inter. He also happens to be the owner of DC United, where Jason Levien is the managing general owner. Levien is one of The Americans, if you're unaware.

Hmmmmmm.

Seems awfully easy for the two of them to just sit down and hash this out personally. Levien is a former sports agent, after all. I know there are many clubs in line for 'Gabigol' but we definitely should have a chance, especially if he's being sold and we sell Siggy.

Hopefully Altman's computer knows what the Brasileirão is, and he's all over this one.
Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 08:39 - Aug 22 with 4010 viewsNirvana

Looks as though 'Gabigol' will be signing with Sporting on a one-year loan deal:

http://www.90min.com/posts/5422835-inter-milan-s-gabigol-expected-in-lisbon-on-m

Gabriel turned down every other offer he received, including us supposedly, due to concerns over playing time/exposure. I'd assume we'd fall under the latter umbrella. But a sticking point for Inter in negotiations was getting his wages covered, and Sporting aren't about to do that.

However, they "will be required to supply the 20-year-old with housing and a car during his stay at the Estádio José Alvalade under Jorge Jesus." So that's one ridiculous link off the board, Seri soon to follow, going to Barcelona:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170819/43666444655/seri.html
Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 08:41 - Aug 22 with 3989 viewsawayjack

Far to good - we only sign cheap crap wingers.
Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 08:46 - Aug 22 with 3955 viewsNirvana

Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 08:41 - Aug 22 by awayjack

Far to good - we only sign cheap crap wingers.

Fair point, Away.

Would've been a great player to test out a new recruitment strategy, though.

But yes, far too good for us.

Shame, really.
Login to get fewer ads

Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 08:47 - Aug 22 with 3950 viewsTheResurrection

Another YouTube/Bleacher scouting analysis goes down the drain.

Sad.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 08:50 - Aug 22 with 3929 viewsNirvana

Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa on 08:47 - Aug 22 by TheResurrection

Another YouTube/Bleacher scouting analysis goes down the drain.

Sad.

You don't know who Gabriel is?

Very sad.

At least you still have "finance".

Again, leave football to everyone else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024