Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amsterdam 09:52 - Aug 1 with 5507 viewsfbreath

Looking at going away for short break Thursday to Sunday end August (me and wife).

Can anyone recommend a hotel or an area to stay in. Like to stay somewhere central so as not having to rely on transport though I know they have a good tram system.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Amsterdam on 10:03 - Aug 1 with 4803 viewsPinky

I stayed at the Doubletree Hilton right next to Centraal Station. Great spot. It's a nice hotel and it's got a rooftop bar with great views, too.
Amsterdam on 10:38 - Aug 1 with 4758 viewsNogginthenog

Fetch some Tulips back
Amsterdam on 10:39 - Aug 1 with 4759 viewswhiterock

The beauty of Amsterdam is that its a small(ish) city and plenty of hotels all located centrally, I made the mistake of going too cheap once, boys weekend, triple room, price was unbelievable, there were three beds but just an inch between each one.
Amsterdam on 11:16 - Aug 1 with 4733 viewsLoyal

Lots of window shopping. Get yourself a bag of coke, sprinkle it on your cock, snort the rest and have a bloody good night out👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Amsterdam on 12:04 - Aug 1 with 4682 viewsMo_Wives

Amsterdam on 10:39 - Aug 1 by whiterock

The beauty of Amsterdam is that its a small(ish) city and plenty of hotels all located centrally, I made the mistake of going too cheap once, boys weekend, triple room, price was unbelievable, there were three beds but just an inch between each one.

Hotel Jimmy?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Amsterdam on 12:05 - Aug 1 with 4681 viewsMo_Wives

Amsterdam on 11:16 - Aug 1 by Loyal

Lots of window shopping. Get yourself a bag of coke, sprinkle it on your cock, snort the rest and have a bloody good night out👍

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Amsterdam on 13:39 - Aug 1 with 4598 viewsDrizzy

Grey area and Bluebird.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Amsterdam on 13:57 - Aug 1 with 4566 viewsPegojack

Amsterdam on 13:39 - Aug 1 by Drizzy

Grey area and Bluebird.

If you want to do something different while you're there and you are not infirm, try a guided bike tour with Mike's Bikes, I think it was. Google it.
Ten or twelve tourists led around by a guide for two or three hours on Dutch sit up and beg bikes. Stops and gives a talk at various interesting places including red light district. Includes stop in micro brewery. Damn good afternoon out.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 13:58]
Login to get fewer ads

Amsterdam on 14:08 - Aug 1 with 4560 viewsMo_Wives

Amsterdam on 13:57 - Aug 1 by Pegojack

If you want to do something different while you're there and you are not infirm, try a guided bike tour with Mike's Bikes, I think it was. Google it.
Ten or twelve tourists led around by a guide for two or three hours on Dutch sit up and beg bikes. Stops and gives a talk at various interesting places including red light district. Includes stop in micro brewery. Damn good afternoon out.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 13:58]

*Mike'sh Bikesh

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Amsterdam on 14:11 - Aug 1 with 4546 viewsPegojack

Amsterdam on 14:08 - Aug 1 by Mo_Wives

*Mike'sh Bikesh

It's not Steve McClaren doing the tour.
Amsterdam on 14:14 - Aug 1 with 4541 viewsMo_Wives

Amsterdam on 14:11 - Aug 1 by Pegojack

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Amsterdam on 14:15 - Aug 1 with 4539 viewsMo_Wives

Amsterdam on 14:11 - Aug 1 by Pegojack

Oh, BTW...

*Schteve

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Amsterdam on 17:07 - Aug 1 with 4469 viewsFieryJack

Pay a visit to the t'Smalle Bar on Egelantiersgracht, if you get a chance. Great old place on one of the best canals.

Have to say, though, that my only visit to the city was soured by rip-off prices (beer, food, accommodation), reckless and arrogant cyclists, and the complete gentrification of those tall, quaint canal-side dwellings, some of which were still working class areas up until the 80's.

Oh yeah, and the squillions of tourists will get up your nose too!
Amsterdam on 17:52 - Aug 1 with 4436 viewsMo_Wives

Amsterdam on 17:07 - Aug 1 by FieryJack

Pay a visit to the t'Smalle Bar on Egelantiersgracht, if you get a chance. Great old place on one of the best canals.

Have to say, though, that my only visit to the city was soured by rip-off prices (beer, food, accommodation), reckless and arrogant cyclists, and the complete gentrification of those tall, quaint canal-side dwellings, some of which were still working class areas up until the 80's.

Oh yeah, and the squillions of tourists will get up your nose too!

First time I went there I spent the week cursing the bikes.

Second time I went there I realised a lot of the pavements are marked: bikes inside, people outside. I then realised that the bike lanes were being invaded by the walking stoned. So to be fair to them, imagine trying to drive to work while people wander in front of your car, contemplating time and space.

But I do agree with you, at first they do your head right in. TBH, if I rode a bike to work out there now and had to put up with stoned hipsters, I would get a bayonet fitted to the front and build up my thigh muscles for maximum speed.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Amsterdam on 19:34 - Aug 1 with 4385 viewsRancid

Off there in August.Flights are cheap as pasta but smoking hotels are ridiculous prices.Its an expensive place all round.The things you do to see the world hide and seek champion.And the OG Kush of course.
Amsterdam on 19:40 - Aug 1 with 4369 viewsexiledclaseboy

As an aside, I was in Rotterdam working about 18 months ago on the day Feyenoord won the Dutch Cup in their own stadium in Rotterdam. The celebrations around the streets were something to behold and went on for hours. Those Dutchies know how to celebrate. Barman in the hotel warned us not to venture too far if Fetenoord had lost the game mind. Thankfully they didn't. It was the same day Leicester hammered us 4-0 I seem to remember.

Poll: Tory leader

Amsterdam on 19:43 - Aug 1 with 4355 viewsDarran

I went to Amsterdam in the 80s.

I couldn't tell you what it's like though I can't remember anything about it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Amsterdam on 19:45 - Aug 1 with 4349 viewsRancid

My 6th time and if someone asked where did i stay i wouldn't have a clue
Amsterdam on 20:04 - Aug 1 with 4320 viewsPegojack

Amsterdam on 17:52 - Aug 1 by Mo_Wives

Second time I went there I realised a lot of the pavements are marked: bikes inside, people outside. I then realised that the bike lanes were being invaded by the walking stoned. So to be fair to them, imagine trying to drive to work while people wander in front of your car, contemplating time and space.

But I do agree with you, at first they do your head right in. TBH, if I rode a bike to work out there now and had to put up with stoned hipsters, I would get a bayonet fitted to the front and build up my thigh muscles for maximum speed.

Hit the nail on the head there, butty. The cyclists are only 'reckless and arrogant' with feckin plonkers who can't understand that a bike symbol painted on the floor means a bike lane and you're standing in it like a moronic tw*t. Cycling is their everyday culture. Respect it and you'll be fine.
Amsterdam on 20:09 - Aug 1 with 4317 viewsRancid

I came across a Pink Floyd/Cheap Trick collaboration on YouTube earlier.I always thought Cheap Trick were in the same mould as Europe or Poison but must be a bit cooler than i thought.
Amsterdam on 20:33 - Aug 1 with 4290 viewsPinky

Maybe have a day in Utrecht seeing as you'll be there from Thursday to Sunday. Saying that, I got caught on the South-North train after a conference on a Saturday when Ajax were playing. Anybody with mild claustrophobia would have a fit.
Amsterdam on 21:58 - Aug 1 with 4236 viewsFieryJack

Ha ha - fair point.

Best to toss those stoned hipsters off the bridges and into the canals below.
Amsterdam on 22:01 - Aug 1 with 4231 viewsDarran

Amsterdam on 20:09 - Aug 1 by Rancid

I came across a Pink Floyd/Cheap Trick collaboration on YouTube earlier.I always thought Cheap Trick were in the same mould as Europe or Poison but must be a bit cooler than i thought.

Cool as fuçk they are.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Amsterdam on 21:45 - Aug 2 with 4115 viewssatrdayboy

Amsterdam on 22:01 - Aug 1 by Darran

Cool as fuçk they are.

Banks Motel, Free bar, snacks in reception and tram stop outside
Amsterdam on 08:59 - Aug 11 with 3941 viewsajackamsterdam

This old cheesy quaver knows his stuff! ;)
spot on...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024