Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baston interview 14:21 - Aug 1 with 5336 viewsDarran

https://en.as.com/en/2017/08/01/football/1501583366_483288.html

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Baston interview on 21:16 - Aug 1 with 1863 viewsRancid

Baston interview on 21:10 - Aug 1 by ParsSwans

After about 4 starts and a dozen from the bench! Playing him as a winger in two games and Llorente deserved to be in team but this shit towards him is awful and narrow minded. I remember people describing Llorente as a statue after about three games lol a player doesn't pick his price tag

He was signed as our main striker and Llorente as back up but wasn't good enough to oust Llorente or Ayew.In training I'd imagine our 3 managers would have formed their opinions on him.
Baston interview on 21:28 - Aug 1 with 1842 viewsNirvana

Borja didn't play well at all for us. That is not a secret.

He has played well and scored plenty of goals everywhere else in his career. That is also not a secret.

What is difficult to understand is why that didn't happen for us.

My take is that he wasn't worth the money we spent, and didn't match our system or the players we had/have. He was not ready to play outside of Spain, and maybe he never will. He failed with us, and now we have moved on (hopefully permanently).

But, everything he said in the interview was true, and he comes across as a really likeable, well-meaning guy. He goes out of his way to express gratitude and thank the fans, and never actually blames anyone but Bob (I wonder why).

Not really controversial, and I'll be honest and admit I have already forgotten the guy. I think we all should for the time being.
Baston interview on 21:37 - Aug 1 with 1815 viewsFlashberryjack

Baston interview on 21:28 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

He has played well and scored plenty of goals everywhere else in his career. That is also not a secret.

My take is that he wasn't worth the money we spent, and didn't match our system or the players we had/have. He was not ready to play outside of Spain, and maybe he never will. He failed with us, and now we have moved on (hopefully permanently).

But, everything he said in the interview was true, and he comes across as a really likeable, well-meaning guy. He goes out of his way to express gratitude and thank the fans, and never actually blames anyone but Bob (I wonder why).

Not really controversial, and I'll be honest and admit I have already forgotten the guy. I think we all should for the time being.

"My take is that he wasn't worth the money we spent"

No sh*t Sherlock

On a serious note, we paid £15 million for him, that's gonna take some forgeting.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Baston interview on 21:40 - Aug 1 with 1808 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Baston interview on 16:22 - Aug 1 by veng9

Borja was rubbish but I don't think it was because he wasn't bothered on the pitch

Towards the end he was worthless, especially in that sub appearance when we blew a late chance at an away draw, I forget if it was Man City or Chelsea.

Laziest performance we've had since Shelvey was sold.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 21:41]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Baston interview on 21:41 - Aug 1 with 1796 viewsNirvana

Baston interview on 21:37 - Aug 1 by Flashberryjack

"My take is that he wasn't worth the money we spent"

No sh*t Sherlock

On a serious note, we paid £15 million for him, that's gonna take some forgeting.

Haha good stuff, Flashberry.

I was trying to be diplomatic.

Let's hope Malaga presses 'confirm' on that €12m purchase option, huh?
Baston interview on 21:42 - Aug 1 with 1794 viewsDarran

Baston interview on 21:28 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

He wasn't really given a chance.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Baston interview on 22:09 - Aug 1 with 1759 viewsNirvana

Baston interview on 21:42 - Aug 1 by Darran

He wasn't really given a chance.

I would agree, Darran.

There's a good enough player for us there, surely.

We just couldn't get it out of him.

Hopefully Malaga can, they buy him, and everyone's happy.
Baston interview on 22:24 - Aug 1 with 1737 viewsBanosswan

Baston interview on 21:16 - Aug 1 by Rancid

He was signed as our main striker and Llorente as back up but wasn't good enough to oust Llorente or Ayew.In training I'd imagine our 3 managers would have formed their opinions on him.

One of those managers couldn't form a system, let alone an opinion.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Baston interview on 22:34 - Aug 1 with 1721 viewsdobjack2

Baston interview on 22:24 - Aug 1 by Banosswan

Our first manager wasn't there long enough

Our second manager was worse than useless

Our third manager worked out a way to keep us up with the players we had and Baston didn't fit into that.
Baston interview on 22:35 - Aug 1 with 1722 viewsRancid

Baston interview on 22:24 - Aug 1 by Banosswan

Yep, feckin useless was Bob but only as useless as Guidolin and Clement who preferred Ayew to our 15m player who just needed a few games.

I don't understand why he's being defended here.We paid 15 million for him.He complained of being homesick after a month.3 managers didn't give him a chance to show his worth whilst no doubt under pressure from Huw to play him given his pricetag, yet he still was always overlooked and not even making the bench sometimes.He was useless pal and even Bob Bradley could see it.
Baston interview on 22:47 - Aug 1 with 1694 viewsParsSwans

Hahhhaaaaa some clueless idiots on here are agreeing Bob Bradley got something right!!!!!
Baston interview on 04:03 - Aug 7 with 1579 viewsNirvana

Watched Malaga against Lazio yesterday, in which Borja started and played an hour, and took a few notes on his performance:

- missed a point blank header, badly, after an excellent cross from RB Rosales (who was excellent and someone we could and should sign)

- attempted a bicycle kick, wildly, when a cross came in about two meters away

Other than that, not much. He did show a good touch the very few times he got on the ball, but the team didn't seem to be playing to facilitate that. Italian clubs are very difficult to break down through the middle, and it's easier and more productive to just attack down the wings and send in crosses.

Malaga essentially did that, and Borja looked a more energetic and spry striker than with us. His new teammates are far superior technically and it enabled him to focus on his greatest strength: poaching goals. Unfortunately, he didn't do that either. He looked a better player but had the same ineffectiveness, and he didn't look too confident in his abilities.

Hopefully that'll change, he'll start scoring, and Malaga will buy him. His track record in his homeland suggests that is likely, but Malaga did look a bit ragged at times. Just pre-season, though. Long road ahead.
Baston interview on 07:00 - Sep 14 with 1346 viewsNirvana

Baston interview on 04:03 - Aug 7 by Nirvana

Watched Malaga against Lazio yesterday, in which Borja started and played an hour, and took a few notes on his performance:

- missed a point blank header, badly, after an excellent cross from RB Rosales (who was excellent and someone we could and should sign)

- attempted a bicycle kick, wildly, when a cross came in about two meters away

Other than that, not much. He did show a good touch the very few times he got on the ball, but the team didn't seem to be playing to facilitate that. Italian clubs are very difficult to break down through the middle, and it's easier and more productive to just attack down the wings and send in crosses.

Malaga essentially did that, and Borja looked a more energetic and spry striker than with us. His new teammates are far superior technically and it enabled him to focus on his greatest strength: poaching goals. Unfortunately, he didn't do that either. He looked a better player but had the same ineffectiveness, and he didn't look too confident in his abilities.

Hopefully that'll change, he'll start scoring, and Malaga will buy him. His track record in his homeland suggests that is likely, but Malaga did look a bit ragged at times. Just pre-season, though. Long road ahead.

Borja update (against Las Palmas):

Showed some nice touches and a few neat passes, but was largely anonymous throughout. More worringly, he missed two clear headers, one straight at the keeper tamely and the other ballooned over the crossbar with no one near him on the edge of the six-yard box. He looks bereft of confidence in front of goal, honestly, and I can't fathom how/why Malaga would spend £10m on him come end of season.

I have watched a few of their matches and this same script played out, and they lost. This is not looking good so far for any party involved. Given they brought in Diego Rolan on loan for the season, Borja will have to start scoring or face the bench. The last thing we want is Borja back next summer having spent another season not playing.
Baston interview on 08:42 - Sep 14 with 1267 viewsMeraki

Baston interview on 21:40 - Aug 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Towards the end he was worthless, especially in that sub appearance when we blew a late chance at an away draw, I forget if it was Man City or Chelsea.

Laziest performance we've had since Shelvey was sold.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 21:41]

Have his comments on Bob upset you?
Baston interview on 08:57 - Sep 14 with 1247 viewsWarwickHunt

Baston interview on 22:47 - Aug 1 by ParsSwans

Hahhhaaaaa some clueless idiots on here are agreeing Bob Bradley got something right!!!!!

Bobbly still hasn't made his mind up where to play Baston in the back four.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024