Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unsettling the squad 20:40 - Aug 1 with 1355 viewsCroftyjack

All this Gylfi saga is completely unsettling the squad and as far as I am concerned it is holding us back...via the purse strings.
Thing is the fact remains clear the club are more than happy for him to go for the right price...the club CAN stand up and say to Gylfi and Everton that we will now start the season with Gylfi as its getting to late to the season.

Pure business logic would suggest get the players you need now cos once Gylfii leaves there will be a few million added to each and every player we try to sign.

Once the season starts its harder to get the players for the right price hence we eat more into the cash we receive.

Being yanks I thought they would understand this....my take is that they will say that asa its close to the close of the transfer window it was difficult to get the players in time!!!!!
Unsettling the squad on 21:01 - Aug 1 with 1307 viewsandrew

How you know the squad are unsettled?

Abraham said they aren't?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Unsettling the squad on 21:16 - Aug 1 with 1242 viewsPrivate_Partz

Disruption is the problem for me. We have had an American tour and played all our preseason friendlies bar one and we more than likely have not got our final squad sorted. Arguably our two biggest stars have hardly kicked a ball for us between them.
If we pull our fingers out and get this fiasco sorted now it will still leave Clem with not much more than a week to get the first team up to speed and only one match to prepare.
If this drags on further then we are back to the situation Frankie was in where he had to work in real time to get things sorted.
If we sign anyone I hope this time they fit into our style of play and they are not injured.
We can ill afford to chuck points out of the window as a result of dragging our heels yet again.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 21:35]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Unsettling the squad on 21:20 - Aug 1 with 1223 viewspencoedjack

Unsettling the squad on 21:16 - Aug 1 by Private_Partz

Disruption is the problem for me. We have had an American tour and played all our preseason friendlies bar one and we more than likely have not got our final squad sorted. Arguably our two biggest stars have hardly kicked a ball for us between them.
If we pull our fingers out and get this fiasco sorted now it will still leave Clem with not much more than a week to get the first team up to speed and only one match to prepare.
If this drags on further then we are back to the situation Frankie was in where he had to work in real time to get things sorted.
If we sign anyone I hope this time they fit into our style of play and they are not injured.
We can ill afford to chuck points out of the window as a result of dragging our heels yet again.

Far to much sense in that post Private ..... deep down you know it's not going to happen.

The only positive I see in August is Southampton are in a similar position with Van Dijk
Unsettling the squad on 21:22 - Aug 1 with 1211 viewsa_Swanderful_life

I wonder if everton have the money unless they offload barkley

the last I heard the offer was 40m, some youngster they don't want, a pallet of unused bricks and Ronald koeman's grandmas secret recipe for erwtensoep
Unsettling the squad on 21:34 - Aug 1 with 1140 viewsLoyal

Let's be honest the idiot is waiting to see how Everton get on in the 2nd leg of their fck up tie this week.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Unsettling the squad on 21:37 - Aug 1 with 1115 viewspencoedjack

Unsettling the squad on 21:34 - Aug 1 by Loyal

Let's be honest the idiot is waiting to see how Everton get on in the 2nd leg of their fck up tie this week.

It would make me chuckle it they go out 😂
Unsettling the squad on 21:40 - Aug 1 with 1102 viewsRancid

I doubt its unsettling the squad when we havent played a proper game yet.They're big boys and know hes going so I very much doubt its an issue at the moment.My guess is they're all winding him up and having a right old laugh about it.
Unsettling the squad on 21:42 - Aug 1 with 1087 viewsMeraki

Unsettling the squad on 21:34 - Aug 1 by Loyal

Didn't Andy Robinson try doing something like that with Leeds back in the day? Think it backfired on him?
Login to get fewer ads

Unsettling the squad on 22:27 - Aug 1 with 987 viewsCroftyjack

Unsettling the squad on 21:16 - Aug 1 by Private_Partz

This is where I'm coming from, disruption will lead to unsettling the squad.
The fact Leon and Clem have come out in the press over the last few days suggest they want it sorted and the correct additions added to the squad.
we are entering similar waters as last season with Frankie...we have not learnt and this will be the 3rd season in a row..the luck cant last forever.
Unsettling the squad on 22:56 - Aug 1 with 894 viewsdameedna

I sense some doubts croftyjack but to be fair the owners track record says different.

Bringing in the right type of personnel has not been a problem.

Abraham and Mesa are fair signings.

The deals will happen fast if we lose key players.
Unsettling the squad on 23:20 - Aug 1 with 833 viewsCroftyjack

Unsettling the squad on 22:56 - Aug 1 by dameedna

I sense some doubts croftyjack but to be fair the owners track record says different.

Bringing in the right type of personnel has not been a problem.

Abraham and Mesa are fair signings.

The deals will happen fast if we lose key players.

Its not replacing players leaving that concerns me..its the general appetite to upgrade the squad with the quality needed to compete mid-table.

The fact that we are getting linked to players that are linked to newly promoted teams like Brighton, Hudds and top end championship teams shows where we are in the ambition chain.
It used to be the likes of WBA, West Ham, Stoke..we even stole from under the noses of Newcastle....the likes of Bournemouth and Watford have now over taken us as preferred destinations.
Unsettling the squad on 03:23 - Aug 2 with 655 viewsLoyal

Unsettling the squad on 21:42 - Aug 1 by Meraki

Didn't Andy Robinson try doing something like that with Leeds back in the day? Think it backfired on him?

Another dope 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024