Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. 10:13 - Aug 2 with 3801 viewsE20Jack

Swansea City are the latest side to be linked with the Leicester City winger, after Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Bournemouth.

Swansea City are 'in the hunt' to sign Leicester City winger Demarai Gray, joining Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Bournemouth, according to The Sun (August 2, page 46).

It was reported earlier this week that Gray has held talks with Leicester to discuss a possible transfer away from the King Power Stadium (Sky Sports).

The 21-year-old has previously expressed his frustration about his lack of game time since joining the Foxes 18 months ago.

And Swansea are the latest club to be linked with rescuing the player, who The Sun reports is valued at £25 million by Craig Shakespeare's team.

The Swans could lose Gylfi Sigurdsson - a former Tottenham player - to Everton this summer, with a £50 million deal mooted (The Guardian).

And should the Toffees' pursuit prove successful, the Welsh side should have little trouble meeting the above valuation for Gray, who could potentially replace the Iceland international.

Gylfi Sigurdsson of Swansea City during the pre season friendly match between Barnet and Swansea City at The Hive on July 12, 2017 in Barnet, England.
Swansea City playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson

But Tottenham could pose the biggest threat to both Swansea and Everton's chances, as they can offer the England Under-21 star Champions League football this coming campaign.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 10:14]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:16 - Aug 2 with 3749 viewspencoedjack

25 million fuk me
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:17 - Aug 2 with 3731 viewsmagicdaps10

He wouldnt join us even if we were to pay that amount.

Seems we are being linked with unrealistic targets and bidding silly amounts for players.....if reports can be believed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:22 - Aug 2 with 3645 viewsfelixstowe_jack

£25M for a Leicester reserve.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:29 - Aug 2 with 3542 viewsAl_Bundy

Why would Gray come to us?

Equally why would Siggy go to them !
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:35 - Aug 2 with 3472 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:29 - Aug 2 by Al_Bundy

Why would Gray come to us?

Equally why would Siggy go to them !

Whilst I broadly agree with your point Al, they are two different situations for me - Gray is after regular playing time (plus no doubt more money) which we'd offer without Siggy, not sure he'd get that at Spurs.
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:45 - Aug 2 with 3367 viewsE20Jack

A lot of money. But if PC deems him good enough and he is proven correct - he is someone that we would most certainly be selling for a profit in the future.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:49 - Aug 2 with 3322 viewsAnotherJohn

Can't see this one happening for that kind of money.
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:52 - Aug 2 with 3271 viewsWhiterockin

OK let's think outside the box.

We value Siggy at £50M they have offered £40M.
They have valued Gray at £25M.
Would we accept Gray and £25M for Siggy?

EDIT.
Would this reduce Spurs sell on cut.
Would it reduce Siggys cut for not asking for a transfer.
If so about A £5M saving in all?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 11:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:56 - Aug 2 with 3226 viewsLoyal

He won't join us, however he is a cracking player.
Cost Leicester around 3 million from memory a little while back.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 11:02 - Aug 2 with 3170 viewsUplandsJack

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:56 - Aug 2 by Loyal

He won't join us, however he is a cracking player.
Cost Leicester around 3 million from memory a little while back.

Yeah and I'm sure we looked at him then. Didn't he come from Birmingham?
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 11:19 - Aug 2 with 3037 viewsjack247

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:52 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

OK let's think outside the box.

We value Siggy at £50M they have offered £40M.
They have valued Gray at £25M.
Would we accept Gray and £25M for Siggy?

EDIT.
Would this reduce Spurs sell on cut.
Would it reduce Siggys cut for not asking for a transfer.
If so about A £5M saving in all?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 11:19]

Not if we could get Viera and £25m, or Boudabouz and £40m for Siggy
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 11:25 - Aug 2 with 2974 viewsLoyal

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 11:02 - Aug 2 by UplandsJack

Yeah and I'm sure we looked at him then. Didn't he come from Birmingham?

The usual links mate, but missed a golden opportunity.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 11:36 - Aug 2 with 2877 viewsCooperman

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 10:16 - Aug 2 by pencoedjack

25 million fuk me

And me.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 12:13 - Aug 2 with 2649 views34dfgdf54

From what I have saw he is quality, too expensive for us though.
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 12:27 - Aug 2 with 2480 viewsawayjack

It's so similar to previous summers where we make below par bids for players top 6 area interested in them complain about the market. We need to look at how other bottom half clubs are doing their business. Fast and decisive versus our slow and ponderous approach. We are desperate for a proper DOF and customer new he of transfers versus our jobs for the boys approach.
team. Ours are sadly years out of date in contacts and capability.
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 12:49 - Aug 2 with 2273 viewsunion_jack

When they say 'join the chase' is this like us being the one-legged 85 year old joining the 100m with Usain Bolt already 50m down the track.

Never mind, it's the taking part that counts I suppose!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 12:49 - Aug 2 with 2270 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 12:13 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

From what I have saw he is quality, too expensive for us though.

Good player this bhoy.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 12:50 - Aug 2 with 2263 viewsKGriz16

Would be a fantastic addition to the squad, really can't see it happening though
Swansea join chase for £25m rated forward. on 15:30 - Aug 2 with 1666 viewsGriffting

Would think he'd bide his time with Leicester with all the speculation around Mahrez future.
Can't see him going for 25 million, although he should have been more involved he's been a bit part player with them. Played 30 last season, came off the bench 21 times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024