Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SIggy and Llorente 00:03 - Aug 5 with 5240 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Amazing double act,

Won't be half as effective without each other,

Best delivery/free kick taker to the best header of a ball in the league. Was a pleasure to watch but neither will thrive on their own

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

SIggy and Llorente on 00:35 - Aug 5 with 4596 viewsHumpty

I know what you mean but neither were exactly struggling prior to 2016/2017.
SIggy and Llorente on 00:45 - Aug 5 with 4565 viewsRancid

Amazing double act? Nah...2 good individual players but they were no Toshack and Keegan.They were really pregty poor combining to be fair.
SIggy and Llorente on 03:39 - Aug 5 with 4483 viewsAnotherJohn

SIggy and Llorente on 00:45 - Aug 5 by Rancid

Amazing double act? Nah...2 good individual players but they were no Toshack and Keegan.They were really pregty poor combining to be fair.

Biggest aerial threat we have presented in years.
SIggy and Llorente on 05:30 - Aug 5 with 4432 viewsEasternJack

SIggy and Llorente on 03:39 - Aug 5 by AnotherJohn

Biggest aerial threat we have presented in years.

Bony got more headed goals

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

SIggy and Llorente on 05:51 - Aug 5 with 4417 viewsAnotherJohn

SIggy and Llorente on 05:30 - Aug 5 by EasternJack

I make it that 8 of Bony's 34 goals in all competitions were headed goals (not all in the EPL). That is over two seasons. My count is that 9 of Llorente's 15 EPL goals in the one season were headers. I think you are wrong.
SIggy and Llorente on 05:56 - Aug 5 with 4413 viewsTim_Harry

I'd imagine it would be a lot easier for Siggy to pick out Llorente and Mawson from a corner rather than Rooney and Ashley Williams! Although I'm guessing Everton must have better aerial threats than that in their team?
SIggy and Llorente on 06:34 - Aug 5 with 4375 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

SIggy and Llorente on 05:30 - Aug 5 by EasternJack

Since Alan Waddle !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

SIggy and Llorente on 06:42 - Aug 5 with 4367 viewsjack247

SIggy and Llorente on 05:56 - Aug 5 by Tim_Harry

I'd imagine it would be a lot easier for Siggy to pick out Llorente and Mawson from a corner rather than Rooney and Ashley Williams! Although I'm guessing Everton must have better aerial threats than that in their team?

They were after Giroud or Benteke, not sure if that's still the case. Anyway, once they have Siggy, I don't care if he is shit or brilliant.
Login to get fewer ads

SIggy and Llorente on 08:21 - Aug 5 with 4225 viewsTheResurrection

These 2 had the worst chemistry together I've seen in a long time.

With them as the main part of our attacking threat was one of the main reasons we had such a shit season.

Can't believe our fans are advocating a set piece formula to success. Sad.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

SIggy and Llorente on 08:24 - Aug 5 with 4210 viewsBrynmill_Jack

SIggy and Llorente on 08:21 - Aug 5 by TheResurrection

With them as the main part of our attacking threat was one of the main reasons we had such a shit season.

Not really a double act at all . Love to see Viera opening up defences for the big man to score

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

SIggy and Llorente on 08:40 - Aug 5 with 4159 viewsEasternJack

SIggy and Llorente on 05:51 - Aug 5 by AnotherJohn

I make it that 8 of Bony's 34 goals in all competitions were headed goals (not all in the EPL). That is over two seasons. My count is that 9 of Llorente's 15 EPL goals in the one season were headers. I think you are wrong.

You're indeed correct!

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

SIggy and Llorente on 09:31 - Aug 5 with 4062 viewssomersetsimon

Does anyone have the stats on how many of Llorente's goals were assisted by Gylfi and how many of Gylfi's assists were for Llorente?

The best goals I can recall Llorente scoring were from crossed from other players, but I may be mistaken.
SIggy and Llorente on 10:34 - Aug 5 with 3967 viewsMagicDaps

Sigurdsson assisted 6 of Llorente's 15 goals, which was the highest amount of assists from one player to another in the league last season. The closest to them were Firmino to Mane, and Eriksen to Kane who both managed 4 assists.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

SIggy and Llorente on 11:01 - Aug 5 with 3905 viewsJackSkellington

SIggy and Llorente on 10:34 - Aug 5 by MagicDaps

Sigurdsson assisted 6 of Llorente's 15 goals, which was the highest amount of assists from one player to another in the league last season. The closest to them were Firmino to Mane, and Eriksen to Kane who both managed 4 assists.

Were any of them from open play?

The best goals I recall Llorente scoring were from crosses from Fer and Tom Carroll, although there were times last season I stopped watching games for a couple of weeks due to it being so depressing so I may have missed something.
SIggy and Llorente on 11:17 - Aug 5 with 3863 viewsLoyal

SIggy and Llorente on 11:01 - Aug 5 by JackSkellington

The best goals I recall Llorente scoring were from crosses from Fer and Tom Carroll, although there were times last season I stopped watching games for a couple of weeks due to it being so depressing so I may have missed something.

Stay in there, this is nothing compared to 2001.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

SIggy and Llorente on 11:40 - Aug 5 with 3805 viewsdobjack2

The main reason they were our attacking threat was that we had feck all else.

I agree that it was awful to watch at times as we were reduced to playing for set pieces but that was the consequence of poor recruitment, players and managers.Clement put a system in place to get the best out of what we had and get the points to stay up. Those players played a big part in it so don't knock them for doing what they were asked to do.

I assume the Icelandic saga will be completed one way or another this weekend. We'll see where we go from there.
SIggy and Llorente on 11:49 - Aug 5 with 3786 viewssomersetsimon

There was the mis-hit shot that Llorente poked in against Palace at home.
SIggy and Llorente on 12:14 - Aug 5 with 3750 viewsjack247

Siggy very rarely got that wide even when he was playing as a nominal left winger. The crosses then came from him feeding overlapping runners.

There is a lot of truth in both they were a formidable duo from set pieces and they were a terrible duo in open play.
SIggy and Llorente on 12:24 - Aug 5 with 3731 viewsSPboy

What is wrong with a set piece formula? A set piece goal counts the same as an open play goal. The fact that Siggy & Llorente are our only goal threats is not their fault. The total lack of goal threat from anywhere else will be a problem with or without them. If we don't recruit more players where do you think the goals will come from ? ... the prolific Routledge, Britton, Ki combination ??
SIggy and Llorente on 12:49 - Aug 5 with 3693 viewsjack247

SIggy and Llorente on 12:24 - Aug 5 by SPboy

What is wrong with a set piece formula? A set piece goal counts the same as an open play goal. The fact that Siggy & Llorente are our only goal threats is not their fault. The total lack of goal threat from anywhere else will be a problem with or without them. If we don't recruit more players where do you think the goals will come from ? ... the prolific Routledge, Britton, Ki combination ??

The goals quite clearly come from the proceeds of the Siggy (and possibly Llorente) sale, as well as hopefully Abraham and Ayew.

No it's not their fault that they don't gel in open play. In fairness, both have done well from open play in previous seasons with other players.

Most of last season was a salvage job. I was more than happy with the way we played as it was a means to an end. I wouldn't want us to play like that longer term though.
SIggy and Llorente on 13:50 - Aug 5 with 3635 viewsJackSkellington

SIggy and Llorente on 11:49 - Aug 5 by somersetsimon

There was the mis-hit shot that Llorente poked in against Palace at home.

Ah right thanks, I remember the toe poke, didn't remember who took the preceding shot.
SIggy and Llorente on 14:09 - Aug 5 with 3590 viewsWxmJax

There was NO miss hit shot and NO toe poke.

Goal No.4 Gylfi gets over the ball to keep it down rather than blast it high into the South Stand. Looks like it's just going wide and Llorente tries to get a foot on it, which he succeeds in doing, and the ball ends up in the net.

Goal No.5 The ball comes down to Llorente in the last minute scramble, and it was a scramble, and he calmly gets over the ball and places it away from the goalkeeper in the corner of the net. I think it's a brilliant finish.

Always worth another look.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 14:10]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

SIggy and Llorente on 14:54 - Aug 5 with 3547 viewsbuilthjack

Both crucial players last season. We would be playing Championship football this afternoon if it wasn't for those two. To keep both would be a huge plus for us.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

SIggy and Llorente on 15:20 - Aug 5 with 3507 viewsJackSkellington

SIggy and Llorente on 14:09 - Aug 5 by WxmJax

There was NO miss hit shot and NO toe poke.

Goal No.4 Gylfi gets over the ball to keep it down rather than blast it high into the South Stand. Looks like it's just going wide and Llorente tries to get a foot on it, which he succeeds in doing, and the ball ends up in the net.

Goal No.5 The ball comes down to Llorente in the last minute scramble, and it was a scramble, and he calmly gets over the ball and places it away from the goalkeeper in the corner of the net. I think it's a brilliant finish.

Always worth another look.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 14:10]

Ok, well goal number 5 was the one I was remembering as a toe poke. To be fair anyone who was watching that match could be forgiven for not quite having their wits about them with regards to the details. It was palpitation inducing stuff!
SIggy and Llorente on 15:42 - Aug 5 with 3486 viewsLeonWasGod

SIggy and Llorente on 14:54 - Aug 5 by builthjack

Both crucial players last season. We would be playing Championship football this afternoon if it wasn't for those two. To keep both would be a huge plus for us.

Spot on. Some of the best stats in the league between them, amongst players worth two or three times as much. It's going to be difficult to replace that if they both go. All depends who comes in of course, but if it's players similar to Ayew and the others last season, we'll struggle. Hopefully PC can find the right formula as he starts to build his own team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024