Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... 17:32 - Aug 5 with 17586 viewsTheResurrection

... all last season.

Llorente did well under the circumstances and I warmed a bit to him as the season wore on.

But Abraham will take our forward play to the next level and I don't think we need to worry about another big name coming in during August. They'll have to go some to knock this boy out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 22:16 - Aug 5 with 1752 viewsDarran

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 22:15 - Aug 5 by Swans777

Chelsea won't sell my friend.

You said the same thing about JVZ.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 22:22 - Aug 5 with 1732 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 22:16 - Aug 5 by Darran

You said the same thing about JVZ.

It's a pity we didn't have Tammy playing last season we could have won the league

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 22:27 - Aug 5 with 1711 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 21:29 - Aug 5 by TheResurrection

Do you mean this?

""I'm going to be brutally honest here. I've got my reservations about Tammy. He looks strong and he's as athletic as they come and he can properly, and I mean, properly latch onto balls, but from the little I've seen, there's hardly any finesse about him.

But he's a kid who will only get better with more composure through experience and I hope to see more than the doubts I have right at this minute. So i'm far from writing him off, I'm still very hopeful.. ""

That's a pretty good summary of where he is actually. He does lack a touch of finesse, generally, not so much today but you'll see it.

You really must try harder my friend ;-)

Fair enough, my bad, I thought you'd been more negative than that.

Still a massive jump from having (understandable) reservations to 'They'll have to go some to knock this boy out' but happy to admit I'm in the wrong on this one
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 00:20 - Aug 6 with 1607 viewsGowerjack

1 game.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 00:42 - Aug 6 with 1582 viewsLiam

He's already a £40m player. Can only get better. He doesn't seem to be too much of a prima Donna either.

We can only appreciate the time we have with him.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 01:14 - Aug 6 with 1540 viewsdameedna

Tammy is a 20 goal striker. He will be back at Chelsea next season havimng scored double figures hopefully 20+. Hope he doesn't get injured before going back to London. Llorente I guess is staying which leaves us with Ayew as a third striker. We won't need another striker if Tammy plays well. If we have an injury we can use the loan market. Can only improve when we get the Siggy money.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 02:07 - Aug 6 with 1509 viewshobo

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 22:15 - Aug 5 by Swans777

Chelsea won't sell my friend.

If Wolfsburg thought like that they would never have signed de Bruyne for £15m

If Roma thought like that they would never have signed Salah for £12m

If Everton thought like that they would never have signed Lukaku

and so on and so on...
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 03:54 - Aug 6 with 1460 viewsJack123

I think this kid will be amazing for us, every time i watched him get the ball today, I was like Nice :) I think the word is, he is oozing class.. YJB Tammy

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 05:19 - Aug 6 with 1429 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Only chance we could ever have of signing him is if he has a very disappointing season for us, dropping him down maybe into our price range. A true and hopeless Catch-22.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 06:13 - Aug 6 with 1398 viewsYossarian

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 05:19 - Aug 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

Only chance we could ever have of signing him is if he has a very disappointing season for us, dropping him down maybe into our price range. A true and hopeless Catch-22.

Interesting.....that's some catch that Catch 22...

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 06:16 - Aug 6 with 1394 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 06:13 - Aug 6 by Yossarian

Interesting.....that's some catch that Catch 22...

Some huge overreactions here. I thought he was superb yesterday, but to call him a 20 goal striker or a £40m player is more than a little premature.

Hopefully he turns out to be just that.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 07:16 - Aug 6 with 1361 viewsE20Jack

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 00:20 - Aug 6 by Gowerjack

1 game.

About 50 games now. Scored 30.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 07:29 - Aug 6 with 1348 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 07:16 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

About 50 games now. Scored 30.

Up there with Glenn Murray and Dwight Gayle last season.

Looks the real deal, Chelsea obviously rate him. He may well turn out to be everything people are saying he is. Let's not jump the gun yet though.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 07:35 - Aug 6 with 1341 viewsE20Jack

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 07:29 - Aug 6 by jack247

Up there with Glenn Murray and Dwight Gayle last season.

Looks the real deal, Chelsea obviously rate him. He may well turn out to be everything people are saying he is. Let's not jump the gun yet though.

Lets not forget he did it for Bristol City too, a team that were utter rubbish and relegation candidates... At 18 years of age. Murray and Gayle did it in freeflowing sides who created chance after chance and are seasoned professionals. He also has done it on the world stage in his various England levels. A player like Abraham is rare, you only need to look at him to know how good he is. Once he proves himself at this level you are looking at £50m+ easy.

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 07:40 - Aug 6 with 1328 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 07:35 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

Lets not forget he did it for Bristol City too, a team that were utter rubbish and relegation candidates... At 18 years of age. Murray and Gayle did it in freeflowing sides who created chance after chance and are seasoned professionals. He also has done it on the world stage in his various England levels. A player like Abraham is rare, you only need to look at him to know how good he is. Once he proves himself at this level you are looking at £50m+ easy.

Don't disagree with any of that.

'Once he proves himself at this level' is exactly my poInt.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:01 - Aug 6 with 1302 viewsSTID2017

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 07:40 - Aug 6 by jack247

He's like Frank Lampard when he was down here (obviously at a different level) - a potentially brilliant player in the making.
If all goes well, we'll be looking back in a few years time and saying "Remember when Tammy played for us - look how well he's done"
If he is the class act we all hope he is he'll be out of our price range next May.
Our only chance (if any) is to sign him now

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:08 - Aug 6 with 1294 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:01 - Aug 6 by STID2017

He's like Frank Lampard when he was down here (obviously at a different level) - a potentially brilliant player in the making.
If all goes well, we'll be looking back in a few years time and saying "Remember when Tammy played for us - look how well he's done"
If he is the class act we all hope he is he'll be out of our price range next May.
Our only chance (if any) is to sign him now

Hopefully he will. I'm only saying he is unproven. He looked quality yesterday.

Our only chance of signing him is if he doesn't quite live up to expectations.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:17 - Aug 6 with 1271 viewsSTID2017

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:08 - Aug 6 by jack247

Hopefully he will. I'm only saying he is unproven. He looked quality yesterday.

Our only chance of signing him is if he doesn't quite live up to expectations.

It's the Catch 22 alluded to earlier.
As you say he is unproven at this level, so far so good, but far too early for all the wild talk about £40 million player, etc

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:35 - Aug 6 with 1252 viewsE20Jack

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 07:40 - Aug 6 by jack247

Yeah but he doesn't need to is mine. There are certain players that you only need to watch play to know how good they are. People still ridiculously say ''Messi is worse than Ronaldo because Ronaldo proved he can play in England too''. Its irrelevant, he could play at any level.

Not comparing Messi to Abraham but when talking about supremely talented players, if there is any chance at all to sign them then you sign them BEFORE they inevitably knock them in at the highest level, not after.

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:36 - Aug 6 with 1246 viewsWarwickHunt

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 03:54 - Aug 6 by Jack123

I think this kid will be amazing for us, every time i watched him get the ball today, I was like Nice :) I think the word is, he is oozing class.. YJB Tammy

You were like a large city in France? How did you manage that?
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:39 - Aug 6 with 1238 viewsMo_Wives

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:36 - Aug 6 by WarwickHunt

You were like a large city in France? How did you manage that?

I don't think he Caen tell you, tbh.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:43 - Aug 6 with 1230 viewsSwans777

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 02:07 - Aug 6 by hobo

If Wolfsburg thought like that they would never have signed de Bruyne for £15m

If Roma thought like that they would never have signed Salah for £12m

If Everton thought like that they would never have signed Lukaku

and so on and so on...

He's just signed a new contract at Chelsea my friend.
There's no way Chelsea would sell.
Unless we offer a ridiculous amount of money, which of course we don't have.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:44 - Aug 6 with 1228 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:35 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

Yeah but he doesn't need to is mine. There are certain players that you only need to watch play to know how good they are. People still ridiculously say ''Messi is worse than Ronaldo because Ronaldo proved he can play in England too''. Its irrelevant, he could play at any level.

Not comparing Messi to Abraham but when talking about supremely talented players, if there is any chance at all to sign them then you sign them BEFORE they inevitably knock them in at the highest level, not after.

I hope you're right, for this seasons sake. I think the ship has probably sailed in terms of Chelsea wanting to sell him or him wanting to leave them.

Any other players you know of this haven't yet played at the top level but are more or less guaranteed to make it?
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:48 - Aug 6 with 1221 viewsWarwickHunt

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:39 - Aug 6 by Mo_Wives

I don't think he Caen tell you, tbh.

Perhaps his wife Nancy could tell us?
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:49 - Aug 6 with 1222 viewsSwans777

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 05:19 - Aug 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yes my friend, you're correct, "catch 22"
Best outcome would be for him to score 20 plus goals, and go back to the Chelsea first team, for the season after next.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 8:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024