Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... 17:32 - Aug 5 with 17562 viewsTheResurrection

... all last season.

Llorente did well under the circumstances and I warmed a bit to him as the season wore on.

But Abraham will take our forward play to the next level and I don't think we need to worry about another big name coming in during August. They'll have to go some to knock this boy out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:52 - Aug 6 with 1357 viewsMo_Wives

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:48 - Aug 6 by WarwickHunt

Perhaps his wife Nancy could tell us?

Have you seen her Brest?

Edit - I haven't really seen her brest...I was Avignon
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 8:57]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:01 - Aug 6 with 1332 viewsjackal

Mightily impressed.

Quick, strong and very skillful. And young too.

I think we're on a winner.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:02 - Aug 6 with 1329 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:52 - Aug 6 by Mo_Wives

Have you seen her Brest?

Edit - I haven't really seen her brest...I was Avignon

Stop Lyon to us Mo
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:04 - Aug 6 with 1328 viewsMo_Wives

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:02 - Aug 6 by jack247

Stop Lyon to us Mo

Why? what have I got Toulouse?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:13 - Aug 6 with 1305 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:04 - Aug 6 by Mo_Wives

Why? what have I got Toulouse?

Nothing, but a Lille bit of honesty would be Nice
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:16 - Aug 6 with 1303 viewsMo_Wives

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:13 - Aug 6 by jack247

Nothing, but a Lille bit of honesty would be Nice

I can't help it. I have a Bordeaux-Lyon personality disorder.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:18 - Aug 6 with 1294 viewsTheResurrection

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:01 - Aug 6 by STID2017

He's like Frank Lampard when he was down here (obviously at a different level) - a potentially brilliant player in the making.
If all goes well, we'll be looking back in a few years time and saying "Remember when Tammy played for us - look how well he's done"
If he is the class act we all hope he is he'll be out of our price range next May.
Our only chance (if any) is to sign him now

He's nothing like Lampard was. For one when Frank was down here he was literally a kid, it was his first ever experience of league football and playing with men. Also, he did alright but nobody would've guessed from the few appearances he had for us he would then go on to what he did.

Tammy is already a seasoned professional and has cut it in arguably the most competitive league in football, scoring into the late 20's to boot.

The only comparison is Chelsea but that's just posting for the sake of it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:22 - Aug 6 with 1281 viewsWarwickHunt

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:16 - Aug 6 by Mo_Wives

I can't help it. I have a Bordeaux-Lyon personality disorder.

You've Rouen-ed this thread.
Login to get fewer ads

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:22 - Aug 6 with 1283 viewsSTID2017

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:18 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

He's nothing like Lampard was. For one when Frank was down here he was literally a kid, it was his first ever experience of league football and playing with men. Also, he did alright but nobody would've guessed from the few appearances he had for us he would then go on to what he did.

Tammy is already a seasoned professional and has cut it in arguably the most competitive league in football, scoring into the late 20's to boot.

The only comparison is Chelsea but that's just posting for the sake of it.

He hasn't (to my knowledge) played in the PL yet - certainly not proven at PL level
Did very well lat season and hope he does well for us, but let's not put too much pressure or expectation on him just yet

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:23 - Aug 6 with 1271 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:22 - Aug 6 by WarwickHunt

You've Rouen-ed this thread.

You haven't seen Le Harve of it yet
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:23 - Aug 6 with 1272 viewsTheResurrection

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 22:22 - Aug 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's a pity we didn't have Tammy playing last season we could have won the league

you're taking the whole Siggy thing hard, I can tell.

Hang on in there mate, you'll get over it.

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:27 - Aug 6 with 1259 viewsWarwickHunt

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:23 - Aug 6 by jack247

You haven't seen Le Harve of it yet

You Cannes pack it in now.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:45 - Aug 6 with 1224 viewsE20Jack

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:22 - Aug 6 by STID2017

He hasn't (to my knowledge) played in the PL yet - certainly not proven at PL level
Did very well lat season and hope he does well for us, but let's not put too much pressure or expectation on him just yet

He has, twice.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:49 - Aug 6 with 1218 viewsExiledJack

I would be happy offering Llorente, 50% of any sell on fee and first refusal to Chelsea. We'd need to sign a backup striker with some of the Siggy money, but think overall it would be worth it.

Going from having Llorente and Abraham to potentially having neither next season could be quite the problem in 12 months' time.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:50 - Aug 6 with 1215 viewsE20Jack

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:44 - Aug 6 by jack247

I hope you're right, for this seasons sake. I think the ship has probably sailed in terms of Chelsea wanting to sell him or him wanting to leave them.

Any other players you know of this haven't yet played at the top level but are more or less guaranteed to make it?

Not currently. But this is the type of player I have been banging on about for the last few weeks. There was a whole host of these players a few seasons back, who now all inevitably play for top clubs, but some do go to smaller clubs first and with £50m in the bank we could certainly become one of these stepping stone clubs.

It was mentioned in this thread about the likes of De Bruyne going to Wolfsburg after not getting much of a game at Chelsea (only 1 more than Abraham) and they were able to secure his services for £18m. He helped them for a couple of years before selling him on for £55m.

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:56 - Aug 6 with 1201 viewsMeraki

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 08:49 - Aug 6 by Swans777

Yes my friend, you're correct, "catch 22"
Best outcome would be for him to score 20 plus goals, and go back to the Chelsea first team, for the season after next.

You're funny, do you say my friend when you talk to people in real life?
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:00 - Aug 6 with 1193 viewsTheResurrection

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:49 - Aug 6 by ExiledJack

I would be happy offering Llorente, 50% of any sell on fee and first refusal to Chelsea. We'd need to sign a backup striker with some of the Siggy money, but think overall it would be worth it.

Going from having Llorente and Abraham to potentially having neither next season could be quite the problem in 12 months' time.

THat's a great idea - pack Llorente off and say £20m?

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:09 - Aug 6 with 1180 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:49 - Aug 6 by ExiledJack

That's the biggest worry at the moment. I'd be quite happy with Tammy and Llorente as our strikers with Ayew/McBurnie as back up.

It's quite likely we will have to replace both at the end of this season with no compensation though. If he doesn't sign a new contract we need to offload and replace him, ideally this window.

Wouldn't be happy with either Abraham or Llorente as the only real first team striker.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:12 - Aug 6 with 1176 viewsjack247

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:50 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

Not currently. But this is the type of player I have been banging on about for the last few weeks. There was a whole host of these players a few seasons back, who now all inevitably play for top clubs, but some do go to smaller clubs first and with £50m in the bank we could certainly become one of these stepping stone clubs.

It was mentioned in this thread about the likes of De Bruyne going to Wolfsburg after not getting much of a game at Chelsea (only 1 more than Abraham) and they were able to secure his services for £18m. He helped them for a couple of years before selling him on for £55m.

The only ways I can see us getting him, are if he doesn't live up to the hype here, goes back to Chelsea and struggles next season, or they bring more superstars in and he gets pushed down the pecking order.

A bit like the Iheanacho to Leicester move. Can't see any way they would sell him now, even if Llorente is used as bait.
In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:13 - Aug 6 with 1177 viewsSTID2017

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 09:45 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

He has, twice.

How many times has say Barrow played in the PL ?
Twice is nothing when it comes to proven
Just saying
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 10:14]

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:16 - Aug 6 with 1174 viewsE20Jack

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:13 - Aug 6 by STID2017

Just saying

But Barrow doesn't have obvious ridiculous ability. Quite the opposite. You were the one that brought PL experience up, not me. I don't think it matters really. Neymar has never played in the PL either.

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:17 - Aug 6 with 1173 viewsE20Jack

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:12 - Aug 6 by jack247

The only ways I can see us getting him, are if he doesn't live up to the hype here, goes back to Chelsea and struggles next season, or they bring more superstars in and he gets pushed down the pecking order.

A bit like the Iheanacho to Leicester move. Can't see any way they would sell him now, even if Llorente is used as bait.

Probably right. But as long as we try then I am satisfied enough. Don't ask don't get.

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:22 - Aug 6 with 1160 viewsSTID2017

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:16 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

But Barrow doesn't have obvious ridiculous ability. Quite the opposite. You were the one that brought PL experience up, not me. I don't think it matters really. Neymar has never played in the PL either.

You're possibly right and Abraham may turn out to be the best British player for years.
However, a club like ours would never invest £40 million or anywhere near it in a "potentially" brilliant player

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:25 - Aug 6 with 1154 viewsTheResurrection

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:09 - Aug 6 by jack247

That's the biggest worry at the moment. I'd be quite happy with Tammy and Llorente as our strikers with Ayew/McBurnie as back up.

It's quite likely we will have to replace both at the end of this season with no compensation though. If he doesn't sign a new contract we need to offload and replace him, ideally this window.

Wouldn't be happy with either Abraham or Llorente as the only real first team striker.

Forget Llorente - he's the past.

We need to move on.

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:26 - Aug 6 with 1151 viewsTheResurrection

In 15 minutes Tammy has showed us what we've been missing... on 10:13 - Aug 6 by STID2017

Just saying

You're all over the place aint ya...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024