Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a set piece in sight.... 17:34 - Aug 5 with 3745 viewsTheResurrection

AH BLISS.

FACK OFF SIGGY!!!!!!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Not a set piece in sight.... on 19:26 - Aug 5 with 1237 viewsMo_Wives

Not a set piece in sight.... on 18:00 - Aug 5 by TheResurrection

That post didn't age well.

Edit - Replied to the wrong post
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 19:30]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Not a set piece in sight.... on 19:31 - Aug 5 with 1220 viewsjack247

Not a set piece in sight.... on 19:21 - Aug 5 by 1462jack

Two goals from set pieces we are facked sell them all

In fairness, they were both pathetic goals from a defensive point of view. It won't be anywhere near that easy in the league. Not sure if it was Mawson or McBurnie, but we could have had another near the end.

Have to say though, it was a great team performance. Tammy, Routledge and Ayew linked well and looked dangerous. Carroll had a great game and Fer had his moments. Take the set pieces and the own goal out and we still completely outplayed them.

Think we are still in desperate need of the Siggy cash and a few first team quality replacements though.
Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:07 - Aug 5 with 1153 viewsSTID2017

Not a set piece in sight.... on 19:26 - Aug 5 by Mo_Wives

That post didn't age well.

Edit - Replied to the wrong post
[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 19:30]

I pray I'm 100% wrong, but just hope that by the Res and his bunch of deluded followers seemingly having their way re Siggy & Llorente, we are not negatively affected when the season has got underway.
10 to 15 games in will be the time to judge things, not after a few meaningless friendlies.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:14 - Aug 5 with 1130 viewsTheResurrection

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:07 - Aug 5 by STID2017

I pray I'm 100% wrong, but just hope that by the Res and his bunch of deluded followers seemingly having their way re Siggy & Llorente, we are not negatively affected when the season has got underway.
10 to 15 games in will be the time to judge things, not after a few meaningless friendlies.

You too...

You don't get the game, it's not your thing.

Read and listen - less posting yer crap!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:14 - Aug 5 with 1126 viewsjack247

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:07 - Aug 5 by STID2017

That team isn't strong enough. Look at the bench, there is probably only Mesa I'd be comfortable with as a regular starter, arguably Ki when he comes back. Routledge and Fer both played well today and are better in flowing sides, I'd rather them as backup to be honest though.

If we can sell Siggy and bring in a creative #10 and possibly a winger, maybe sell Llorente and bring in a more dynamic striker I'd be happy (though I'd be fine with him staying). Think we can get by at RB and CB, but a quality defender who can cover both positions wouldn't go amiss.

A couple of quality additions and I'd be confident. We could easily have done that if we'd sold a few weeks back.
Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:18 - Aug 5 with 1117 viewsTheResurrection

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:14 - Aug 5 by jack247

That team isn't strong enough. Look at the bench, there is probably only Mesa I'd be comfortable with as a regular starter, arguably Ki when he comes back. Routledge and Fer both played well today and are better in flowing sides, I'd rather them as backup to be honest though.

If we can sell Siggy and bring in a creative #10 and possibly a winger, maybe sell Llorente and bring in a more dynamic striker I'd be happy (though I'd be fine with him staying). Think we can get by at RB and CB, but a quality defender who can cover both positions wouldn't go amiss.

A couple of quality additions and I'd be confident. We could easily have done that if we'd sold a few weeks back.

A 10 won't be the be all and end all in a formation like today and how we played last season.

I told you that, keep up at the back.

3 interchanging up top like we had today and a player that can fit this style would be perfect.

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:21 - Aug 5 with 1114 viewsSTID2017

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:14 - Aug 5 by jack247

I don't disagree with your views.
The only thing I am afraid of is us selling Siggy ( plus possibly Llorente) and not replacing them, leaving our already weak squad even weaker.
As well as minus 25 or more goals

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:23 - Aug 5 with 1102 viewsjack247

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:18 - Aug 5 by TheResurrection

A 10 won't be the be all and end all in a formation like today and how we played last season.

I told you that, keep up at the back.

3 interchanging up top like we had today and a player that can fit this style would be perfect.

So a #10 then.

No one said they have to stand still.
Login to get fewer ads

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:26 - Aug 5 with 1099 viewsTheResurrection

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:23 - Aug 5 by jack247

So a #10 then.

No one said they have to stand still.

Not really an out and out 10 - Is Routs a 10, Ayew? Tammy? They can all play along the top and interchange.

Don't get boxed in with restrictive thinking.

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:36 - Aug 5 with 1082 viewsjack247

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:26 - Aug 5 by TheResurrection

Not really an out and out 10 - Is Routs a 10, Ayew? Tammy? They can all play along the top and interchange.

Routs and Ayew could easily play that role. Tammy is a centre forward.

I don't think we are massively disagreeing here, just getting bogged down in semantics. I'd class Coutinho and Ozil as #10s, whether they start in the middle or on either side, they float and interchange anyway, much like Paloschi did. You may not because you class it as static position.
Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:36 - Aug 5 with 1085 viewsmahoss

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:26 - Aug 5 by TheResurrection

Looked good today,lots of intelligent movement.
But how good are Sampdoria ?
As always the first 10 games in the Prem will tell.
We will need to replace the goals Gylfi provides,we,re still
2 or 3 players short of being mid table I would say,at the moment
I think we,d be bottom 6
Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:40 - Aug 5 with 1072 viewsTheResurrection

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:36 - Aug 5 by mahoss

Looked good today,lots of intelligent movement.
But how good are Sampdoria ?
As always the first 10 games in the Prem will tell.
We will need to replace the goals Gylfi provides,we,re still
2 or 3 players short of being mid table I would say,at the moment
I think we,d be bottom 6

Carroll will do that, and better.

As Carroll gets about the pitch, has a great touch and superb skillset of passing.

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:42 - Aug 5 with 1064 viewsNeathJack

Not a set piece in sight.

2 goals from set pieces, 1 handball goal and an own goal.

Just saying like......
Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:48 - Aug 5 with 1050 viewsTheResurrection

Not a set piece in sight.... on 20:42 - Aug 5 by NeathJack

Not a set piece in sight.

2 goals from set pieces, 1 handball goal and an own goal.

Just saying like......

We all know the crack...

Not a set piece in sight.... on 21:38 - Aug 5 with 1000 viewsMorganator100

Not a set piece in sight.... on 19:21 - Aug 5 by STID2017

Four goals against a distinctly average side.
Great to win and a great performance, but it doesn't count a jot to our prospects in yhe league - which will not be enhanced by selling our two top scorers from last season - whatever you believe

We are going to play a lot of average teams this year in the Premiership.

I can see Siggy going but unsure if Llorente goes. If we get £30 million or anything near that price that is excellent business. That could leave us with £60 million in the market, we could get 3 to 4 good European signings for that money.
Not a set piece in sight.... on 22:05 - Aug 5 with 971 viewsFireboy2

Not a set piece in sight.... on 18:24 - Aug 5 by TheResurrection

That's very aggressive of you, are you sure about this?

I don't agree with EJ res

You are Justus tvvat
Not a set piece in sight.... on 22:13 - Aug 5 with 947 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Not a set piece in sight.... on 18:37 - Aug 5 by Neath_Jack

Even though we lack any depth to this squad and there's been no fresh faces to get excited about, this team is playing football like we used to before we became the Siggy/Llorente long ball game.

Nice to see it again.

Hywl Fawr Siggy bach.

I wouldn't blame any 2 players we turned to to bring us out of the shit last year .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Not a set piece in sight.... on 00:14 - Aug 6 with 846 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Not a set piece in sight.... on 07:32 - Aug 6 with 781 viewsEasternJack

Not a set piece in sight.... on 18:24 - Aug 5 by TheResurrection

That's very aggressive of you, are you sure about this?

Yes. I normally like your posts but youve pushed it with this tedious strive to try and prove your ludicrous claim that Siggy and Lorentte were our worst players last year. Hurts your credibility.

It's ok to be wrong.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Not a set piece in sight.... on 08:14 - Aug 6 with 743 viewsSTID2017

Not a set piece in sight.... on 07:32 - Aug 6 by EasternJack

Yes. I normally like your posts but youve pushed it with this tedious strive to try and prove your ludicrous claim that Siggy and Lorentte were our worst players last year. Hurts your credibility.

It's ok to be wrong.

He's been banging the same drum since the end of last year, together with supporting Bradley.
The guy is clearly in the Thatcher " The Woman's Not For Turning" mould, except he's no politician (hell he's not even a very good judge of Swansea City) and seemingly not a woman (I hesitate to say a man because a man would have stood up and said he was wrong long ago)
We all make mistakes in judgement, difference between the Res and most other posters on here is the rest of us admit when we are wrong

Not a set piece in sight.... on 09:16 - Aug 21 with 610 viewsDarran

So what's gone wrong then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Not a set piece in sight.... on 09:21 - Aug 21 with 591 viewsSwansNZ

Not a set piece in sight.... on 09:16 - Aug 21 by Darran

So what's gone wrong then?

We've sold Gylfi.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024