Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? 23:05 - Aug 5 with 1728 viewsSS2013

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City leagacy ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 5 Aug 2017 23:14]

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City leagacy ? on 23:11 - Aug 5 with 1700 viewsWarwickHunt

What's a leagacy?
Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City leagacy ? on 23:15 - Aug 5 with 1684 viewsSS2013

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City leagacy ? on 23:11 - Aug 5 by WarwickHunt

What's a leagacy?

Not sure what your on about mate ? :P

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City leagacy ? on 23:18 - Aug 5 with 1662 viewsDewi1jack

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City leagacy ? on 23:11 - Aug 5 by WarwickHunt

What's a leagacy?

Scottish swimming season?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 04:55 - Aug 6 with 1418 viewsDavillin

Perhaps a minor point, but to me, "ruined" is too strong a term. First, it seems clear that many posters are taking the position that leaving for a better situation is all part of football. Second, "damaged" or "harmed" might be a better description of he effect his leaving will have. ". . . the effect his leaving might have."

"Might his attitude affect how he's remembered?" Much will depend on what he says about his time in Swansea in all of its particulars, and how he says it. So far he has been silent on that -- refreshing at least.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 05:08 - Aug 6 with 1410 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Too soon.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 07:02 - Aug 6 with 1340 viewsjack247

He is just a footballer, unless they do something monumental or really ingratiate themselves into the community, I don't think they have off pitch legacies.

Totally different story for the sellouts of course, they are Swansea fans and Swansea people (most of them). They genuinely did build up a legacy and tore it down again. Got into it for the love of the club and sold us out for the love of money. I'm not sure Gylfi ever really had a legacy to ruin.
Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 08:51 - Aug 6 with 1217 viewsSTID2017

I for one will always be grateful for Gylfi's contribution to the club, especially the fact that without him we would have been relegated in any one of three seasons. His skill has been a delight to witness and he will be missed, whatever some believe on here.
However very few players lave a legacy at Swansea (the obvious exceptions being Ivor, Curt, Robbie and to a lesser extent Trundle who still exudes a love of Swans)
Most other players who I have really enjoyed watching and am grateful for everything they did left no legacy behind - Gylfi included

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 09:08 - Aug 6 with 1178 viewsraynor94

100% without a shadow of doubt

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 10:01 - Aug 6 with 1105 viewsMeraki

I don't really get my feelings hurt when a footballer moves clubs so no.
Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 10:14 - Aug 6 with 1073 viewsDewi1jack

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 10:01 - Aug 6 by Meraki

I don't really get my feelings hurt when a footballer moves clubs so no.

The Tapas waiter with his "I louve this clooubb and they'll have to sack me..." then taking the backroom staff and upsetting certain players, should have stopped anyone believing anything other that the majority in football are in it for the money

Edit.
Add in the way the slimey snide way the sell out no mark c**ts moved the club into Merrycan hands and that should shatter anyones dreams of people in football being loyal (with the odd exception)
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 10:17]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 10:14 - Aug 6 with 1071 viewsPrivate_Partz

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 09:08 - Aug 6 by raynor94

100% without a shadow of doubt

I am agreeing with you again Rayns ;-)
if he has refused to play, or kept schtum when told not to play, he has not come out of this smelling of roses..
His cause has not been helped by a dithering DoF and Board either.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 10:18 - Aug 6 with 1060 viewsjack247

Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 10:14 - Aug 6 by Dewi1jack

The Tapas waiter with his "I louve this clooubb and they'll have to sack me..." then taking the backroom staff and upsetting certain players, should have stopped anyone believing anything other that the majority in football are in it for the money

Edit.
Add in the way the slimey snide way the sell out no mark c**ts moved the club into Merrycan hands and that should shatter anyones dreams of people in football being loyal (with the odd exception)
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 10:17]

That was certainly a learning curve for me. I bought into his hype. Haven't done since and very much doubt I will do again.
Has Gylfi's Pre Season attitude ruined his Swansea City legacy ? on 10:49 - Aug 6 with 1027 viewsLoyal

Gylfi Cnt.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024