Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie 07:41 - Aug 6 with 5899 viewsEasternJack

Anyone else thinking that he's looked particularly error prone in pre-season? I see issues with positioning - especially when trying to close down through balls. Also Leon saved him from a clanger in the first half of yesterday's game.

Hoping this is just a sharpness problem that'll get ironed out as we get going,

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Alfie on 07:56 - Aug 6 with 4334 viewsbuilthjack

He still can't read the game. Watch him during a game and he is out of position quite often.
I am sure Clement and Makelele will put that right in time.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Alfie on 08:16 - Aug 6 with 4268 viewsTheFranchise

Youngsters need to be allowed to make mistakes in order to learn.
Alfie on 08:46 - Aug 6 with 4186 viewsYossarian

He's been great for us. A young kid who took his chance when the club needed someone to fill the huge hole that Ash left. Leave the coaching to our shrewd manager and his experienced assistants. I'm confident that Alfie will have another fine season. He's got a great temperament and knows he's learning from some of the best. He will undoubtedly make mistakes, but he already shown he can pick himself up and get on with it. His head never drops. I only hope some of his team mates show the same character when the going gets tough.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Alfie on 08:48 - Aug 6 with 4174 viewsEasternJack

Alfie on 08:16 - Aug 6 by TheFranchise

Youngsters need to be allowed to make mistakes in order to learn.

Fair shout. He just so solid last year.

Alfie on 16:31 - Aug 6 with 3925 viewsJethroJack

He's tired, played too much through the summer.
He needs to retire from International football, in order to prolong his Swans career
Alfie on 17:36 - Aug 6 with 3794 viewsandrew

Anyone know why he may have refused to take the band off Leon?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Alfie on 17:37 - Aug 6 with 3791 viewsnantywatcher

He was poor for the first hour yesterday as he went through the motions of seeming being involved, but I'm certain he'll be a different player when there are actual points on the table.
Alfie on 17:41 - Aug 6 with 3774 viewsLiam

In his defence they're pre season friendlies and it was perhaps easy for him to switch off yesterday.

I think he'll be fine with Fede this coming season.

Carroll looks like he's going to be good for us this season. Hopefully competing for a starting place.
Login to get fewer ads

Alfie on 18:17 - Aug 6 with 3662 viewsFlashberryjack

Get shot, he's sh*te.....ffs

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Alfie on 18:19 - Aug 6 with 3656 viewsoldcob

Is Alfie going to be the new escape goat???
Alfie on 18:37 - Aug 6 with 3613 viewsLoyal

Made his first album last season, the second is always the hardest.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Alfie on 19:43 - Aug 6 with 3502 viewsSwans777

Alfie on 07:56 - Aug 6 by builthjack

He still can't read the game. Watch him during a game and he is out of position quite often.
I am sure Clement and Makelele will put that right in time.

What are you talking about my friend.
He looked solid yesterday, but then again he wasn't troubled much.
Alfie on 19:46 - Aug 6 with 3495 viewsbuilthjack

Alfie on 19:43 - Aug 6 by Swans777

Did you watch us last season?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Alfie on 19:48 - Aug 6 with 3491 viewsplasjack

Alfie on 19:43 - Aug 6 by Swans777

A big improvement on AW, plus he can score goals.
Alfie on 19:53 - Aug 6 with 3467 viewsSwans777

Alfie on 19:46 - Aug 6 by builthjack

Did you watch us last season?

What has last season got to do with yesterday's match, my friend.
He wasn't troubled at all yesterday.
I was at the Liberty yesterday and watched the match on tv this morning.
Alfie on 23:17 - Aug 6 with 3304 viewsjasonbromham

Nothing wrong with Mawson yesterday, Fabianski on the other hand don't even get me started. How can a goalkeeper go from golden glove contender to below average in 2 years? Tony Roberts that's how. Robbing a living can't believe he is still at the club!
Alfie on 23:20 - Aug 6 with 3289 viewsKingBony

Alfie on 23:17 - Aug 6 by jasonbromham

Nothing wrong with Mawson yesterday, Fabianski on the other hand don't even get me started. How can a goalkeeper go from golden glove contender to below average in 2 years? Tony Roberts that's how. Robbing a living can't believe he is still at the club!

Fabby did look very dodgy with his feet yesterday I agree

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Alfie on 23:29 - Aug 6 with 3262 viewsGaryjack

Alfie on 17:36 - Aug 6 by andrew

Anyone know why he may have refused to take the band off Leon?

Yes, he may have, or he may not have.
Alfie on 20:43 - Aug 7 with 3091 viewsNirvana

1) It's a pre-season game
2) He's played all spring and summer under immense pressure, with no break
3) This will be his second season playing above League One

The fact Spurs were even looking at him this summer, possibly still are, is indicative of how far he has come in a short time.

He's still young and learning the game, and he will make mistakes. That is the only way you can improve as a player, as Franchise alluded to. At least he has the cojones to admit it, and he was stellar last season after his big 'fackup' against Watford.

To be fair, he is not immune to criticism, but this is extremely premature and unwarranted. Let's wait until he starts ffukkingg up on the scale of Naughton, and then we'll revisit this thread, yeah?
Alfie on 20:47 - Aug 7 with 3070 viewsjasper_T

No more than he did all last season.
Alfie on 20:49 - Aug 7 with 3056 viewsjasper_T

Alfie on 23:20 - Aug 6 by KingBony

Fabby did look very dodgy with his feet yesterday I agree

Defenders seemed to be asking him to do an awful lot when's hardly a footballer. A lot of unnecessary backpasses.
Alfie on 20:52 - Aug 7 with 3047 viewsNirvana

Alfie on 20:47 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

No more than he did all last season.

Would you start Bartley over Alfie, Jasper?
Alfie on 20:53 - Aug 7 with 3039 viewslonglostjack

Alfie on 20:49 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

Defenders seemed to be asking him to do an awful lot when's hardly a footballer. A lot of unnecessary backpasses.

Noticed that. Looked as if they were deliberately giving him some footballing practice!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Alfie on 20:59 - Aug 7 with 3013 viewsEasternJack

Alfie on 20:43 - Aug 7 by Nirvana

1) It's a pre-season game
2) He's played all spring and summer under immense pressure, with no break
3) This will be his second season playing above League One

The fact Spurs were even looking at him this summer, possibly still are, is indicative of how far he has come in a short time.

He's still young and learning the game, and he will make mistakes. That is the only way you can improve as a player, as Franchise alluded to. At least he has the cojones to admit it, and he was stellar last season after his big 'fackup' against Watford.

To be fair, he is not immune to criticism, but this is extremely premature and unwarranted. Let's wait until he starts ffukkingg up on the scale of Naughton, and then we'll revisit this thread, yeah?

No need to overreact

Just sharing an observation from watching the friendlies and noticed he was nowhere near the standard he was last season - with a few glaring errors thrown in.

I still think he's a clear starter in our 11 and I still highly rate the guy. I also think he has enormous potential - however I'm genuinely concerned for our results early doors if this is how he starts the season. All the excuses in the world would just be excuses if he makes mistakes that costs goals.

Having said that, I hope he starts against Southampton and shuts me up

Alfie on 21:19 - Aug 7 with 2970 viewsNirvana

Alfie on 20:59 - Aug 7 by EasternJack

No need to overreact

Just sharing an observation from watching the friendlies and noticed he was nowhere near the standard he was last season - with a few glaring errors thrown in.

I still think he's a clear starter in our 11 and I still highly rate the guy. I also think he has enormous potential - however I'm genuinely concerned for our results early doors if this is how he starts the season. All the excuses in the world would just be excuses if he makes mistakes that costs goals.

Having said that, I hope he starts against Southampton and shuts me up

"Disagree with 75%

Last paragraph spot on"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024