Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony. 07:55 - Aug 6 with 7594 viewsN_T_J

We have had a 10m offer rejected, Manchester City have said they want 13m for him.

Manchester City name their price for wantaway striker

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-tell-swanse
Bony. on 07:59 - Aug 6 with 3955 viewsshandyjack

Step well away at that price

Poll: Expectation for the season

Bony. on 08:02 - Aug 6 with 3939 viewssP7qupUf

Don't need him.
Bony. on 08:04 - Aug 6 with 3926 viewsjack247

I'd like him back here. £13m sounds a bit steep though. Could easily be quality again but it's a big gamble
Bony. on 08:06 - Aug 6 with 3913 viewsSTID2017

Bony. on 07:59 - Aug 6 by shandyjack

Step well away at that price

Our club amazes me.
When it comes to selling a player (Gylfi) in a deal that seems is going to happen, we are haggling (it seems) over a couple million.
When it comes to buying a player (Bony) that it seems the club want, we are reportedly haggling over a couple of million
A few million to the working man is a phenomenal amount of money.
In PL terms it's almost small change

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Bony. on 08:24 - Aug 6 with 3826 viewsmonmouth

Hate to say it, because I loved the big old bugger when he was here, but I'd be really disappointed if we bought him now. Surely the Abraham type of striker is the way to spend our money, as an injury/form, like for like, back up? This one feels like a bit of a nostalgic mistake to me.

I suppose it would mean Llorente is on his bike.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony. on 08:28 - Aug 6 with 3800 viewsYossarian

No thanks- the Bony and Gylfi partnership was of its time- and that time has passed.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Bony. on 08:37 - Aug 6 with 3739 viewsEasternJack

13M for a striker that hit 30-odd goals for us just a few years ago. A better than a lot of the names bounced around on here

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Bony. on 08:57 - Aug 6 with 3608 viewsSTID2017

Bony. on 08:37 - Aug 6 by EasternJack

13M for a striker that hit 30-odd goals for us just a few years ago. A better than a lot of the names bounced around on here

Assuming Gylfi goes for say £45 million this week, then in two years time we have a chance to buy him back for say £15 million if he struggles elsewhere, the same people would be saying no thanks to him.
Short memories, some people

Login to get fewer ads

Bony. on 09:48 - Aug 6 with 3415 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bony. on 08:37 - Aug 6 by EasternJack

Except in those "few years" are actually only 2 and he has hardly played, 30 games in total and only 12 goals scored.
He could barely get in the Stoke side, with only 10 appearances in the season.
This is a player that looks as if he is in a very fast decline and the big question is could we turn around his form.
I really don't know how they can value him at £13M.
Bony. on 10:05 - Aug 6 with 3334 viewsTheResurrection

Bony. on 08:24 - Aug 6 by monmouth

Hate to say it, because I loved the big old bugger when he was here, but I'd be really disappointed if we bought him now. Surely the Abraham type of striker is the way to spend our money, as an injury/form, like for like, back up? This one feels like a bit of a nostalgic mistake to me.

I suppose it would mean Llorente is on his bike.

We could easily play Bony and Abraham with the diamond behind. Abraham could do a job further wide as well.

In fact, the thought of those 2 up front together would be mesmerising.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Bony. on 10:05 - Aug 6 with 3327 viewsTheResurrection

Bony. on 08:28 - Aug 6 by Yossarian

No thanks- the Bony and Gylfi partnership was of its time- and that time has passed.

Forget the shit Siggy, he's gone!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Bony. on 10:06 - Aug 6 with 3320 viewsTheResurrection

Bony. on 08:57 - Aug 6 by STID2017

Assuming Gylfi goes for say £45 million this week, then in two years time we have a chance to buy him back for say £15 million if he struggles elsewhere, the same people would be saying no thanks to him.
Short memories, some people

Bony. on 10:08 - Aug 6 with 3301 viewsDr_Winston

Bony. on 09:48 - Aug 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Except in those "few years" are actually only 2 and he has hardly played, 30 games in total and only 12 goals scored.
He could barely get in the Stoke side, with only 10 appearances in the season.
This is a player that looks as if he is in a very fast decline and the big question is could we turn around his form.
I really don't know how they can value him at £13M.

So despite being in and out of teams he's still scoring almost one in two according to those figures. That's a ratio most strikers would be more than happy with.

There's probably little chance that we'd move for Wilf whilst Llorente is still here, but if we are moving towards a more mobile, free flowing attacking style then there are few proven strikers out there with the ball retention and link up ability than Wilf. The prospect of players like Abraham and Ayew running onto the little passes and backheels he's so good at is an intriguing one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony. on 10:13 - Aug 6 with 3281 viewsE20Jack

Bony. on 08:06 - Aug 6 by STID2017

Our club amazes me.
When it comes to selling a player (Gylfi) in a deal that seems is going to happen, we are haggling (it seems) over a couple million.
When it comes to buying a player (Bony) that it seems the club want, we are reportedly haggling over a couple of million
A few million to the working man is a phenomenal amount of money.
In PL terms it's almost small change

Not really. £3m here and £3m there adds up to a hefty sum, being a PL club doesn't automatically mean we are rich, in fact quite the opposite, our outgoings are frightening and wage to turnover % is extremely high. We need every penny we can get, hence the overhaul in commercial department.

For me, this hardball over dealings has been long overdue. Bony was sold too cheaply aswell, he was top goalscorer in the PL in the whole calendar year at the time he was sold. Above Luis Suarez, Aguero, Costa, Kane and Sanchez... yet we let him go for about £10m profit, less if you consider we had to then pay his loyalty bonus. Madness.

That was a £35m transfer all day long.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 10:19]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bony. on 10:16 - Aug 6 with 3264 viewsjack247

Bony. on 10:05 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

We could easily play Bony and Abraham with the diamond behind. Abraham could do a job further wide as well.

I'll agree with you on that, Bony would have had a field day yesterday.. Thrives with players running off him.
Bony. on 10:19 - Aug 6 with 3228 viewsSTID2017

Bony. on 10:06 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

You are obsessed with having a pop at Gylfi and anyone who says anything other than negative about him.
You are one sad individual
If Llorente & Gylfi go what are you going to do for fun.
Wait I know - if we fail under Clement, you'll be posting telling everyone how much better we were under Bobbly, like you were last winter

Bony. on 10:20 - Aug 6 with 3222 viewsSwansea93

I thought the situation at Stoke was more to Mark Hughes falling out with Bony and couldn't send him back, not because his ability is sh!t.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Bony. on 10:23 - Aug 6 with 3186 viewsTheResurrection

Bony. on 10:19 - Aug 6 by STID2017

You are obsessed with having a pop at Gylfi and anyone who says anything other than negative about him.
You are one sad individual
If Llorente & Gylfi go what are you going to do for fun.
Wait I know - if we fail under Clement, you'll be posting telling everyone how much better we were under Bobbly, like you were last winter

Seriously old chap, this game isn't for you.

You're out of your league.

Bony. on 10:27 - Aug 6 with 3163 viewsSTID2017

Bony. on 10:23 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

Seriously old chap, this game isn't for you.

You're out of your league.

Don't presume to know me or what I'm in or out of - there a "good chap"
You are however a one trick pony who when / if Gylfi & Llorente go will have nothing to post about.
You give the impression of being capable of being the only man in the room and still having an argument

Bony. on 10:29 - Aug 6 with 3154 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bony. on 10:08 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

So despite being in and out of teams he's still scoring almost one in two according to those figures. That's a ratio most strikers would be more than happy with.

There's probably little chance that we'd move for Wilf whilst Llorente is still here, but if we are moving towards a more mobile, free flowing attacking style then there are few proven strikers out there with the ball retention and link up ability than Wilf. The prospect of players like Abraham and Ayew running onto the little passes and backheels he's so good at is an intriguing one.

Except that most of the goals came under Man C, he had 11 appearances for Stoke and scored twice, so last season les than 1 in 5, that doesn't sound so good does it?
Which is why I said on a fast decline.
I was wrong about the stats as it did not include subs, just starts, his stats are
Swans - Appearances 70, goals 34
Man C - Appearances 46, goals 10
Stoke - Appearances 11, goals 2

But maybe as a pivot point he could make up for his lack of goals with lots of assists, assuming the players around him can take advantage and hit the back of the net.,
Bony. on 10:30 - Aug 6 with 3151 viewsmonmouth

Bony. on 10:05 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

Not sure, he struggled with Aguero didn't he? I think he's better with midfielders bombing past him. Still, if Clement thinks he can use him, and he's fit and up for it, then at least we know what we are getting. Someone that knows where the net is. Plus it stops him scoring twice a season against us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony. on 10:33 - Aug 6 with 3124 viewsjack247

Bony. on 10:30 - Aug 6 by monmouth

Not sure, he struggled with Aguero didn't he? I think he's better with midfielders bombing past him. Still, if Clement thinks he can use him, and he's fit and up for it, then at least we know what we are getting. Someone that knows where the net is. Plus it stops him scoring twice a season against us.

Yep, that's his role. Fairly static and central with midfielders and narrow wingers buzzing off him.

I didn't watch much of him at City, but I'm assuming Aguero was the main man and Bony was asked to play a more conventional, mobile role?
Bony. on 10:37 - Aug 6 with 3090 viewsdobjack2

Whether we go for him or not we need to be decisive about getting players in.
Bony. on 10:41 - Aug 6 with 3073 viewsTheResurrection

Bony. on 10:30 - Aug 6 by monmouth

It wouldn't be fair to compare his time at Man City with a move back here. The weight of expectation and the players he played with there would be as much to blame.

Aguero is only interested in himself and scoring goals. Pep doesn't like this and would have no qualms in bombing him out. Bony also never felt wanted up there and didn't have the chance he got down here.

Bony could literally pick the ball up, back to goal and have a swarm of options buzzing off him. He could then make his customary late moves not the box for the expected return. Him holding the ball up for our attacking options would be mouth watering with the likes of Tammy, Ayew, A N Other, benefitting.

Would be a very exciting signing.

Bony. on 10:41 - Aug 6 with 3074 viewspencoedjack

Went to an evening with Trundle a few months ago Wilf was brought up

He said he was disruptive in the changing room and the club had concerns over his age.

I see no reason for him to lie so I'm guessing this is fake news
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024