Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vince Cable nails it. 10:11 - Aug 6 with 5080 viewsexiledclaseboy

"The old have comprehensively shafted the young. And the old have had the last word about Brexit, imposing a world view coloured by nostalgia for an imperial past on a younger generation much more comfortable with modern Europe,”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4764742/Lib-Dem-leader-SIR-VINCE-CABLE

Poll: Tory leader

Vince Cable nails it. on 10:19 - Aug 6 with 3450 viewsPrivate_Partz

Thats done it Clasey.
Dads Army will be along any second now....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Vince Cable nails it. on 10:21 - Aug 6 with 3447 viewsSwans777

Maybe people over 50 shouldn't be allowed to vote, my friend.
Vince Cable nails it. on 10:24 - Aug 6 with 3441 viewsNogginthenog

Well I'm 62 and voted remain and yes of course I am protected from inflation by a magic wand. What a pile of horseshit that article is.

I know one thing though, this country will go to hell in a hand cart very rapidly, thanks to those wonderful conservatives.
Vince Cable nails it. on 10:27 - Aug 6 with 3434 viewslancasterswan

The most surprising thing about this is that it's in the Mail. Having stirred the pond for years they now appear surprised?

".... the last thing the UK needs is further polarisation. There is already more than enough bad-mouthing of opponents and questioning of the patriotism of those who criticise the Government."
"Last week saw a sinister twist in Brexiteers' tactics. Hardliner Iain Duncan Smith called on some of Britain's parliamentary trade envoys to be sacked. Their crime? Daring to criticise aspects of our withdrawal from the European Union."

....that's a bit of an about-turn isn't it, or are their readers needing an explanation why Brexit is proving more expensive than they realised? The Mail usually has IDS as a puppy dog who rolls over, not a 'hardliner'"
Vince Cable nails it. on 10:27 - Aug 6 with 3431 viewsSwans777

Vince Cable nails it. on 10:24 - Aug 6 by Nogginthenog

Well I'm 62 and voted remain and yes of course I am protected from inflation by a magic wand. What a pile of horseshit that article is.

I know one thing though, this country will go to hell in a hand cart very rapidly, thanks to those wonderful conservatives.

You shouldn't be allowed to vote my friend, apparently people your age are ruining things.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 15:14]
Vince Cable nails it. on 11:14 - Aug 6 with 3347 viewsexiledclaseboy

Vince Cable nails it. on 10:21 - Aug 6 by Swans777

Maybe people over 50 shouldn't be allowed to vote, my friend.

Now nobody has suggested that have they my friend? I would though have extended the franchise to 16/17 year olds for the referendum seeing as it's that generation that will mostly reap the fallout of leaving the EU whether that fallout turns out to be positive or negative.

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:16 - Aug 6 with 3342 viewsexiledclaseboy

Vince Cable nails it. on 10:27 - Aug 6 by lancasterswan

The most surprising thing about this is that it's in the Mail. Having stirred the pond for years they now appear surprised?

".... the last thing the UK needs is further polarisation. There is already more than enough bad-mouthing of opponents and questioning of the patriotism of those who criticise the Government."
"Last week saw a sinister twist in Brexiteers' tactics. Hardliner Iain Duncan Smith called on some of Britain's parliamentary trade envoys to be sacked. Their crime? Daring to criticise aspects of our withdrawal from the European Union."

....that's a bit of an about-turn isn't it, or are their readers needing an explanation why Brexit is proving more expensive than they realised? The Mail usually has IDS as a puppy dog who rolls over, not a 'hardliner'"

They're Vince Cable's words, not the editorial stance of the Mail itself.

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:20 - Aug 6 with 3323 viewsYossarian

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:14 - Aug 6 by exiledclaseboy

Now nobody has suggested that have they my friend? I would though have extended the franchise to 16/17 year olds for the referendum seeing as it's that generation that will mostly reap the fallout of leaving the EU whether that fallout turns out to be positive or negative.

Never mind, you'll be old enough to vote next time. They'll have to hold another referendum otherwise there'll be a disastrous Kleenex shortage. One day you'll be old. I'm not looking forward to that day, especially with bigoted ageist people like you who hate democracy.- strong words? #Getoverit.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:28 - Aug 6 with 3304 viewsDarran

ECB posting links to the Daily Mail. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:31 - Aug 6 with 3295 viewsexiledclaseboy

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:20 - Aug 6 by Yossarian

Never mind, you'll be old enough to vote next time. They'll have to hold another referendum otherwise there'll be a disastrous Kleenex shortage. One day you'll be old. I'm not looking forward to that day, especially with bigoted ageist people like you who hate democracy.- strong words? #Getoverit.

What the f*ck?

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:33 - Aug 6 with 3285 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Time for Vince to step aside for a younger leader then.

Oh, hang on...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:39 - Aug 6 with 3271 viewsFlashberryjack

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:33 - Aug 6 by Joe_bradshaw

Time for Vince to step aside for a younger leader then.

Oh, hang on...

Do as I say, not as I do.......they're all the same.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:44 - Aug 6 with 3260 viewsYossarian

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:39 - Aug 6 by Flashberryjack

Do as I say, not as I do.......they're all the same.

This. The hypocrisy of this guy is breathtaking. Whoring himself for votes from suckers who are equally deluded.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:49 - Aug 6 with 3248 viewsMeraki

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:44 - Aug 6 by Yossarian

This. The hypocrisy of this guy is breathtaking. Whoring himself for votes from suckers who are equally deluded.

Votes for what?
Vince Cable nails it. on 11:58 - Aug 6 with 3223 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Alienating older people seems a strange tactic for the leader of a political party that badly needs their votes.

Has he thought this through?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:05 - Aug 6 with 3203 viewsFlashberryjack

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:58 - Aug 6 by Joe_bradshaw

Alienating older people seems a strange tactic for the leader of a political party that badly needs their votes.

Has he thought this through?

The guy's a first class tw*t, and he's got history of being one.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:21 - Aug 6 with 3167 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's got some front

He's forgot when he was in collation government breaking a huge promise to youngsters

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:21 - Aug 6 with 3165 viewsDr_Winston

Can't be that many voters still knocking around who remember the "imperial past", never mind get nostalgic for it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:22 - Aug 6 with 3163 viewsjohnlangy

Vince Cable nails it. on 10:27 - Aug 6 by lancasterswan

This rag called those High Court judges traitors when they had the temerity to side with that lady (can't remember her name) who argued in court against hard brexit or whatever the case was that she brought. They even, almost, stated where they lived in the hope, i'd imagine, that someone may 'confront' them.

It's a disgusting paper.
Vince Cable nails it. on 12:31 - Aug 6 with 3148 viewsexiledclaseboy

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:22 - Aug 6 by johnlangy

This rag called those High Court judges traitors when they had the temerity to side with that lady (can't remember her name) who argued in court against hard brexit or whatever the case was that she brought. They even, almost, stated where they lived in the hope, i'd imagine, that someone may 'confront' them.

It's a disgusting paper.

All the judges did was ensure that Parliament was consulted before A50 was triggered, that app made them the "enemy of the people".

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:37 - Aug 6 with 3139 viewsItchySphincter

Vince Cable always speaks well and always strikes me as an able and likeable politician, then I remember he was behind selling off the Royal Mail for f*ck all and that he's a bit of a tw@t.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:59 - Aug 6 with 3101 viewsAnotherJohn

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:37 - Aug 6 by ItchySphincter

Vince Cable always speaks well and always strikes me as an able and likeable politician, then I remember he was behind selling off the Royal Mail for f*ck all and that he's a bit of a tw@t.

The Telegraph sting operation gave a good insight into his character.
Vince Cable nails it. on 13:01 - Aug 6 with 3098 viewsHighjack

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:37 - Aug 6 by ItchySphincter

We can also add him to the long list of people who judge ability by the colour of someone's skin. If Rushanara Ali is more capable of getting a trade deal than Ian Duncan smith purely because she's from Bangladesh and isn't an old, white male then shouldn't Cable be tendering his resignation immediately due to the fact he's an old white male and handing over the reigns to a young, female, non white, lesbian transgender disabled person who is more capable than he is?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Vince Cable nails it. on 13:48 - Aug 6 with 3038 viewswaynekerr55

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:21 - Aug 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's got some front

He's forgot when he was in collation government breaking a huge promise to youngsters

Wasn't his promise and he was the biggest moderator of the Tories during the coalition years. Funny that Labour have spoken about a national investment bank for infrastructure - wasn't that something Cable put forward previously?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Vince Cable nails it. on 14:08 - Aug 6 with 3000 viewsYossarian

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:49 - Aug 6 by Meraki

Votes for what?

Uhhm, he's a fully paid up member of the political establishment, the leader of a political party in terminal decline and an elected MP with no conception of his own mortality- the need for winning voters is their central motivation- keep up or ask if your parents can afford private tuition.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024