Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we actually active or not? 23:35 - Aug 7 with 2620 viewsCroftyjack

Do any of you think we are actually active in the transfer market or not, its a serious question.
Seems we are in exiting players but I don't believe there is any appetite whatsoever in bringing in unless to replace a first teamer.
I think all the links are just your typical agents where its always the same players linked to 4 or 5 premier teams.
Surely we do not all watch the same player as there are thousands out there, I think not.
So what do you all think?
Are we actually active or not? on 23:56 - Aug 7 with 1967 viewsbuilthjack

The yanks won't spend money, they just want to pocket it. Not sure where the TVs money goes.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Are we actually active or not? on 01:44 - Aug 8 with 1893 viewsEasternJack

Are we actually active or not? on 23:56 - Aug 7 by builthjack

The yanks won't spend money, they just want to pocket it. Not sure where the TVs money goes.

How are they pocketing it?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Are we actually active or not? on 03:01 - Aug 8 with 1844 viewsLoyal

Are we actually active or not? on 01:44 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

That will become reality once this years accounts are made known.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Are we actually active or not? on 03:05 - Aug 8 with 1840 viewsEasternJack

Are we actually active or not? on 03:01 - Aug 8 by Loyal

That will become reality once this years accounts are made known.

Yes. But to date, they've not issued any dividends or made owner loans. The only other option is consultancy fees which would be up for challenge by the other shareholders if deemed unreasonable.

Maybe they're not evil and just want to add value to the club in a way that benefits everyone?

Are we actually active or not? on 05:13 - Aug 8 with 1787 viewsLoyal

Are we actually active or not? on 03:05 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

Yes. But to date, they've not issued any dividends or made owner loans. The only other option is consultancy fees which would be up for challenge by the other shareholders if deemed unreasonable.

Maybe they're not evil and just want to add value to the club in a way that benefits everyone?

I hope you are right mate.
We all want the best for scfc.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Are we actually active or not? on 06:29 - Aug 8 with 1722 viewslonglostjack

Admin salaries? Under the guise of developing the potential of the commercial dept.?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Are we actually active or not? on 07:03 - Aug 8 with 1655 viewsDr_Winston

Most of the TV money seems to have been used to pay off managers. That and player wages.

People don't seem to realise how up against it we are financially. We have one of the smallest stadiums in the Premier League and an underperforming commercial department. The wage bill eats up almost everything.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are we actually active or not? on 07:30 - Aug 8 with 1562 viewsLoyal

Are we actually active or not? on 07:03 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

Most of the TV money seems to have been used to pay off managers. That and player wages.

People don't seem to realise how up against it we are financially. We have one of the smallest stadiums in the Premier League and an underperforming commercial department. The wage bill eats up almost everything.

And a year on with the yanks nothing has changed.

Login to get fewer ads

Are we actually active or not? on 07:40 - Aug 8 with 1515 viewsangryjack

Are we actually active or not? on 01:44 - Aug 8 by EasternJack

Get your head out of the sand..
Are we actually active or not? on 07:58 - Aug 8 with 1455 viewsawayjack

They'll get their money out no fear. I think we needed a clearer out of players that are no PL level, sort our woeful commercial side out. The bit I don't get is why they aren't strengthening this squad and all the buckshot form last year of lessons leaner led. Hard to figure out what's going on and what Siggy situation is masking, but other clubs seen more active and dynamic with transfers. If PC and Board believe our squad is strong enough. If you look how others in bottom half have strengthened from last season, we clearly haven't learned the lessons we were promised. I still think our DOF is out of touch on player side and too many conflicts I his little brain between Chairman, DOF and shareholder.
Are we actually active or not? on 08:01 - Aug 8 with 1439 viewsshandyjack

Are we actually active or not? on 07:40 - Aug 8 by angryjack

instead of being rude why don't you answer then. I am yet to see any evidence of them taking money out and untill the accounts come out i'd wager no one has any proof of such

Poll: Expectation for the season

Are we actually active or not? on 08:21 - Aug 8 with 1362 viewsDr_Winston

Are we actually active or not? on 07:58 - Aug 8 by awayjack

They'll get their money out no fear. I think we needed a clearer out of players that are no PL level, sort our woeful commercial side out. The bit I don't get is why they aren't strengthening this squad and all the buckshot form last year of lessons leaner led. Hard to figure out what's going on and what Siggy situation is masking, but other clubs seen more active and dynamic with transfers. If PC and Board believe our squad is strong enough. If you look how others in bottom half have strengthened from last season, we clearly haven't learned the lessons we were promised. I still think our DOF is out of touch on player side and too many conflicts I his little brain between Chairman, DOF and shareholder.

Maybe, and I'm just speculating here, Clement wasn't lying when he said he was happy with the squad? Plenty of armchair experts claim we need to sign half a dozen players, but when an actual expert says we don't apparently he's not being honest.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are we actually active or not? on 08:32 - Aug 8 with 1335 viewsawayjack

Are we actually active or not? on 08:21 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

Maybe, and I'm just speculating here, Clement wasn't lying when he said he was happy with the squad? Plenty of armchair experts claim we need to sign half a dozen players, but when an actual expert says we don't apparently he's not being honest.

Do you honestly believe PC doesn't want to strengthen our squad? The quality and depth of squad needs increasing every year. Bottom half clubs already have much stronger squads than last year , but we seem to believe squad that avoided relegation by a whisper is good enough. I don't buy it someone like PC is happy but sadly becoming a Board puppet. I guess after Derby he can't afford another Board fall out.
Are we actually active or not? on 08:34 - Aug 8 with 1322 views3swan

Are we actually active or not? on 08:21 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

I'm not an expert on body language but his S4C interview on Saturday gave me the impression he was frustrated with how things are at the moment. Now it could be down to GS leaving or not etc but I'm sure he wants to strengthen the squad
Are we actually active or not? on 08:43 - Aug 8 with 1291 viewsshandyjack

Are we actually active or not? on 08:32 - Aug 8 by awayjack

Do you honestly believe PC doesn't want to strengthen our squad? The quality and depth of squad needs increasing every year. Bottom half clubs already have much stronger squads than last year , but we seem to believe squad that avoided relegation by a whisper is good enough. I don't buy it someone like PC is happy but sadly becoming a Board puppet. I guess after Derby he can't afford another Board fall out.

Thats very debateable about the bottom half clubs having stronger squads already, quite a few clubs have struggled with business in this window

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-summer-trans

Southampton,Stoke, Palace, West Brom have barely bought a player
Brighton,Huddersfield,Newcastle - bought a lot of players but none i'm disapointed we didn't get
Burnley - Spent £10m on Cork and PL has beens in Walters and Bardsley
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 8:47]

Poll: Expectation for the season

Are we actually active or not? on 09:02 - Aug 8 with 1244 viewsZut_Alors

Are we actually active or not? on 08:43 - Aug 8 by shandyjack

Thats very debateable about the bottom half clubs having stronger squads already, quite a few clubs have struggled with business in this window

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-summer-trans

Southampton,Stoke, Palace, West Brom have barely bought a player
Brighton,Huddersfield,Newcastle - bought a lot of players but none i'm disapointed we didn't get
Burnley - Spent £10m on Cork and PL has beens in Walters and Bardsley
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 8:47]

Good point.

Going into the transfer window, I would have been happy with a new midfield DM (we signed Mesa), a backup striker (Tammy A seems a great signing), a right back to compete with Kyle N, and a new AM.

The dynamics are obviously different now because of Siggy. If he goes, we'll have a different pot of cash to work with and the 3-5 million RB could become a 10 million one. The AM situation will then be even more critical and I'd expect us to look for two players to share the creative burden.

We seem to be getting linked with AMs and RBs, so it's not as desperate as people imagine. Main disappointment is how little time they will have to adapt, but then with other teams facing similar issues, perhaps it's now just the way the game is going.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 9:15]
Are we actually active or not? on 09:07 - Aug 8 with 1215 viewstheloneranger

Are we actually active or not? on 07:03 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

I believe that as much as 85% of our total income goes back out on players wages.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Are we actually active or not? on 09:12 - Aug 8 with 1195 viewsEasternJack

Are we actually active or not? on 07:40 - Aug 8 by angryjack

Do you know the answer?

Are we actually active or not? on 09:20 - Aug 8 with 1150 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Since the Americans took over we signed four players in January plus one in the close season and one on loan. That is six players in total of which 5 will probably start on Saturday. That is hardly a lack of action.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Are we actually active or not? on 09:31 - Aug 8 with 1083 viewsmagicdaps10

Clement said that all signings were on hold until the Siggy situation was sorted.

All in all its a big mess this window, the board never learns from their mistakes. We have brought in two and lost half a dozen or so.......dont forget that they didnt plan for Cork to go and neither wanted him to go, so in regards to that, we need replacing him.

Squad is looking so weak in depth at present. We still need 3/4 players to give us a chance

1 right back
1 centre half
1 attacking mid
1 winger

You could argue and many will, we need another striker. Worries the life out of me that the powers cant see it or are to ignorant to see it.

The wage bill once Siggy goes must be at the lowest it has been in a few years.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are we actually active or not? on 09:39 - Aug 8 with 1053 views34dfgdf54

Are we actually active or not? on 09:31 - Aug 8 by magicdaps10

Clement said that all signings were on hold until the Siggy situation was sorted.

All in all its a big mess this window, the board never learns from their mistakes. We have brought in two and lost half a dozen or so.......dont forget that they didnt plan for Cork to go and neither wanted him to go, so in regards to that, we need replacing him.

Squad is looking so weak in depth at present. We still need 3/4 players to give us a chance

1 right back
1 centre half
1 attacking mid
1 winger

You could argue and many will, we need another striker. Worries the life out of me that the powers cant see it or are to ignorant to see it.

The wage bill once Siggy goes must be at the lowest it has been in a few years.

There's no getting away the window is a mess, I'm not too bothered about losing the half a dozen though. Squad needed trimming and we don't really lose anything with them no longer being here even without bringign replacements in.

Cork funded the Mesa deal, he had to go, Clement will be happy he's upgraded on that particular position (hopefully).

Definitely agree with your list of positions though, and it will be more than tight now with time in regards to getting the players in even with the Siggy money. I seen on twitter a few Everton fans think today is the day for it to be finally completed though, apparently Siggy wasn't at training yesterday so could be in Merseyside?
Are we actually active or not? on 09:47 - Aug 8 with 1032 viewsEasternJack

Are we actually active or not? on 09:20 - Aug 8 by felixstowe_jack

Since the Americans took over we signed four players in January plus one in the close season and one on loan. That is six players in total of which 5 will probably start on Saturday. That is hardly a lack of action.

Since the Americans bought the club 13 months ago, we have signed 15 players at around £55-60M spend.

Of those 15, 8 are currently first team starters.

Yes, we need to improve in some areas - and it's reasonable to assume we need to wait for the siggy cash to understand how much more we can invest in the playing team in this window.

Are we actually active or not? on 10:01 - Aug 8 with 975 viewsmagicdaps10

Are we actually active or not? on 09:39 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

There's no getting away the window is a mess, I'm not too bothered about losing the half a dozen though. Squad needed trimming and we don't really lose anything with them no longer being here even without bringign replacements in.

Cork funded the Mesa deal, he had to go, Clement will be happy he's upgraded on that particular position (hopefully).

Definitely agree with your list of positions though, and it will be more than tight now with time in regards to getting the players in even with the Siggy money. I seen on twitter a few Everton fans think today is the day for it to be finally completed though, apparently Siggy wasn't at training yesterday so could be in Merseyside?

Got to agree as most would, squad needed trimming. My view was trim 6/7 and that would allow us to bring 3/4 quality players in.

It is quite obvious that there is no money at the club. Was watching a sky sports discussion yesterday, pundit said many clubs want to sign before selling with Arsenal being the exception.........the clubs have money to play with so where is our money.

We are woefully weak as a squad....imagine the mess if fede or alfie got injured with the current back up.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Are we actually active or not? on 10:14 - Aug 8 with 947 viewsDr_Winston

Are we actually active or not? on 09:07 - Aug 8 by theloneranger

I believe that as much as 85% of our total income goes back out on players wages.

If that doesn't include signing fees, agents expenses and other assorted costs then it's easy to believe that we have to sell first.

Are we actually active or not? on 10:16 - Aug 8 with 940 viewsDr_Winston

Are we actually active or not? on 08:32 - Aug 8 by awayjack

I believe that every manager of every club wants to strengthen their squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024