Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elephant in the room ....... 00:44 - Aug 10 with 5786 viewsSwanjaxs

Do we include a player in the squad for Southampton that has treated our proud club with contempt? a player who has refused to take part in the majority of our pre-season preparations with his teammates? a player who has been agitating for a move away for the best part of six weeks? a player who will not give 100% to our cause this weekend? In my opinion it would be madness to let Gylfi Sigurdsson anywhere near our first team squad 👍
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 3:05]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Elephant in the room time..... on 00:47 - Aug 10 with 3637 viewsE20Jack

He needs to stay as far away from a football pitch as possible at the moment. We have a £50m asset to protect. I'd have him sat at home personally.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Elephant in the room time..... on 00:51 - Aug 10 with 3623 viewsSwanjaxs

Elephant in the room time..... on 00:47 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

He needs to stay as far away from a football pitch as possible at the moment. We have a £50m asset to protect. I'd have him sat at home personally.

50 million asset or not.... it's irrelevant in my opinion, he doesn't want to play for us anymore and should no longer be part of our squad until we can move him on! His time is up with Swansea City....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Elephant in the room time..... on 00:55 - Aug 10 with 3617 viewsE20Jack

Elephant in the room time..... on 00:51 - Aug 10 by Swanjaxs

50 million asset or not.... it's irrelevant in my opinion, he doesn't want to play for us anymore and should no longer be part of our squad until we can move him on! His time is up with Swansea City....

Exactly so the last thing he needs is to pick up an injury and scupper the interest. Then we have no cash and an unhappy player.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Elephant in the room time..... on 00:56 - Aug 10 with 3615 viewsjasper_T

Stick him on the bench, get the cameras on him, see if he cracks a smile when we score.
Elephant in the room time..... on 01:04 - Aug 10 with 3595 viewsSwanjaxs

Elephant in the room time..... on 00:55 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Exactly so the last thing he needs is to pick up an injury and scupper the interest. Then we have no cash and an unhappy player.

Agreed! Sigurdsson is persona non grata and would be a waste of a shirt! We need players on that pitch on Saturday that are willing to sweat blood for the cause! It's the real deal this weekend and he should be kept as far away from the first team squad as possible until a resolution is found to this pathetic saga in my honest opinion
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 1:14]

Elephant in the room time..... on 01:16 - Aug 10 with 3562 viewsTheKirkyLife

On the bench for me. Show Everton we're not afraid to move on with him.
Elephant in the room ....... on 03:32 - Aug 10 with 3469 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd also go for on the bench. The negotiation skills of most on here are abysmal.
Elephant in the room ....... on 05:12 - Aug 10 with 3419 viewsLoyal

Put the cnt in the u23's until January.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Elephant in the room ....... on 06:04 - Aug 10 with 3387 viewsJethroJack

Knowing our luck, the deal will eventually go through on deadline day, then he'll fail the bloody medical!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 6:05]
Elephant in the room ....... on 06:11 - Aug 10 with 3365 viewsTreforys_Jack

Elephant in the room ....... on 06:04 - Aug 10 by JethroJack

Knowing our luck, the deal will eventually go through on deadline day, then he'll fail the bloody medical!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 6:05]

Just a thought , maybe he has no say in any of this. The club have obviously decided to sell him. He was told not to travel to America as his sale was imminent. I don't buy this keeping him away from the squad. Everton or anyone else know the price , pay up or fack off , simples. There has got to be more to it than haggling over a few .million.
Elephant in the room time..... on 07:05 - Aug 10 with 3257 viewsSwans777

Elephant in the room time..... on 01:16 - Aug 10 by TheKirkyLife

Pointless, because he won't be match fit.
Ridiculous what's going on though.
He should have been told weeks ago, get your head straight and keep on playing for the Swans.
Or submit a transfer request.
Elephant in the room time..... on 07:12 - Aug 10 with 3234 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elephant in the room time..... on 01:16 - Aug 10 by TheKirkyLife

Absolutely right. It would be madness to cut off our noses to spite our faces.
He is not ready so I hope he will be benched and be training as hard as eff this week with the first team.
Tell him his big pay day is over. Tell him to act like a professional because the crowd will be on his back if he doesn't.
If he fails to play ball then spread his name all over the press showing him up to be the worst type of money grabber (if that turns out to be the case of course).
From a crowd point if view it will stand out like a sore thumb if he isn't trying and he will get stick. Otherwise we support him as a member of the team albeit not held in as much respect as he was.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 7:13]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Elephant in the room time..... on 07:15 - Aug 10 with 3213 viewsSwans777

Elephant in the room time..... on 07:12 - Aug 10 by Private_Partz

Absolutely right. It would be madness to cut off our noses to spite our faces.
He is not ready so I hope he will be benched and be training as hard as eff this week with the first team.
Tell him his big pay day is over. Tell him to act like a professional because the crowd will be on his back if he doesn't.
If he fails to play ball then spread his name all over the press showing him up to be the worst type of money grabber (if that turns out to be the case of course).
From a crowd point if view it will stand out like a sore thumb if he isn't trying and he will get stick. Otherwise we support him as a member of the team albeit not held in as much respect as he was.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2017 7:13]

I agree with what you say (to late for Southampton)
He needs to be told to get on with it.
If he refuses to to play ball , then he maybe in breach of contract, with the consequences that may bring.
Elephant in the room ....... on 07:18 - Aug 10 with 3200 viewsphact0rri

with the litigation being tooled around, I really do feel like Siggy has been caught up in some underhanded dealings. honestly I can't hate feel the contempt that you lot do. if he doesn't go, and he earns his place and shows he's fit to wear the shirt.. what is the problem? but he has a lot of fitness and training to get into. I see him sitting out the first three matches at the least.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:20 - Aug 10 with 3196 viewsSwans777

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:18 - Aug 10 by phact0rri

with the litigation being tooled around, I really do feel like Siggy has been caught up in some underhanded dealings. honestly I can't hate feel the contempt that you lot do. if he doesn't go, and he earns his place and shows he's fit to wear the shirt.. what is the problem? but he has a lot of fitness and training to get into. I see him sitting out the first three matches at the least.

And I agree with you too.
If he stays , he'll have my support.
He is stupid for not playing in pre season games though.
Elephant in the room ....... on 07:27 - Aug 10 with 3170 viewsPrivate_Partz

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:18 - Aug 10 by phact0rri

Well the problem is it will appear that he has effed us about for 3 matches.
If he is the innocent party here then a press statement will do no harm and, if the club have been instrumental in him not playing, they should help him word said statement.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:31 - Aug 10 with 3147 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Elephant in the room ....... on 06:11 - Aug 10 by Treforys_Jack

Just a thought , maybe he has no say in any of this. The club have obviously decided to sell him. He was told not to travel to America as his sale was imminent. I don't buy this keeping him away from the squad. Everton or anyone else know the price , pay up or fack off , simples. There has got to be more to it than haggling over a few .million.

The club didn't tell him not to go to America. He refused to go at the very last minute, and Clement was in fact very angry about it.

Unless you want to think Clement was lying, and that could be easily exposed by Sigurdsson himself.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:39 - Aug 10 with 3111 viewsmonmouth

Surely a court of law would uphold that no travelling to USA because head not right and stating he wants to speak to Everton (both reported and not denied) is in substance requesting a transfer. If we sell him I wouldn't agree a penny going to him, and make him sue.

Anyway as to playing on Saturday. Bugger that. Sell him today instead.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:44 - Aug 10 with 3087 viewsbuilthjack

On the bench, he comes on for the last 10 minutes, and scores a wonderful free kick.
Now that would be interesting to see the meltdown on here. Someone would go into hiding for weeks.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:49 - Aug 10 with 3068 viewsplasmarljack

it's been mentioned on here previously but not enough. How do we
know how much of this is within the control of Siggy??? I can't think of any incident throughout the whole time that Siggy has been a part of our
squad, that he has been anything but the perfect professional. My memory is not what it used to be, so correct me please, if I'm wrong.
My personal view is he's being hung, drawn and quartered here and
I'm not sure anyone can prove it's got a great deal to do with the player himself. Receiving a pay rise is going to be part of the deal for him but the biggest benefactor here is the club, and therefore the Americans. I may be wrong though.
Elephant in the room ....... on 07:57 - Aug 10 with 3029 viewsnantywatcher

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:49 - Aug 10 by plasmarljack

it's been mentioned on here previously but not enough. How do we
know how much of this is within the control of Siggy??? I can't think of any incident throughout the whole time that Siggy has been a part of our
squad, that he has been anything but the perfect professional. My memory is not what it used to be, so correct me please, if I'm wrong.
My personal view is he's being hung, drawn and quartered here and
I'm not sure anyone can prove it's got a great deal to do with the player himself. Receiving a pay rise is going to be part of the deal for him but the biggest benefactor here is the club, and therefore the Americans. I may be wrong though.

Great post - nice to see an adult joining the discussion.
Elephant in the room ....... on 08:09 - Aug 10 with 2974 viewsyescomeon

Part of Siggy's problem from open play is him trying to play all four midfield positions simultaneously. He might be a bit more effective if he put in a little less effort.

Upthecity!

Elephant in the room ....... on 08:29 - Aug 10 with 2913 viewsWarwickHunt

On the bench. He comes on for a token 5 minutes at the end and wins the match in injury time with a 30 yard free kick.

£55m or fûck off...
Elephant in the room ....... on 08:35 - Aug 10 with 2882 viewsSmellyplumz

Elephant in the room ....... on 08:29 - Aug 10 by WarwickHunt

On the bench. He comes on for a token 5 minutes at the end and wins the match in injury time with a 30 yard free kick.

£55m or fûck off...

£54,999,000 👍

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Elephant in the room ....... on 08:38 - Aug 10 with 2872 viewsraynor94

Elephant in the room ....... on 07:39 - Aug 10 by monmouth

Surely a court of law would uphold that no travelling to USA because head not right and stating he wants to speak to Everton (both reported and not denied) is in substance requesting a transfer. If we sell him I wouldn't agree a penny going to him, and make him sue.

Anyway as to playing on Saturday. Bugger that. Sell him today instead.

Exactly, I'm quite astounded by the Gylfi apologists on here, how much plainer can he make it he doesn't want to be here. I just hope to God he's gone by the weekend

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024