Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's Take Back Control 18:42 - Aug 10 with 3334 viewsjohnlangy

Letter just sent to the Evening Post
Dear Sir/Madam,

An article in The Telegraph on Monday the 7th August admits that, if the current levels of immigration continue, we will be in a minority in our own country within about seventy years.

Bearing that in mind, even though I voted remain in the EU referendum I now believe that we really should take back control of our borders. Also we should not be sending billions of our money to support a Union which takes but gives very little back. Think about what all that money could do to improve our NHS.

If you don't believe me search out the article in the Telegraph that confirms the immigration figures into Wales from other parts of the UK, 95% of which is from England.

And if/when Chris Grayling gives the go ahead for Crossrail 2 in London that's where another £1.5 billion of our money will go.

Bearing all that in mind I believe we should start a debate NOW on demanding a referendum on independence for Wales.

John
Let's Take Back Control on 18:49 - Aug 10 with 2929 viewsJackfath

As an independent country, where would Wales generate any income?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Let's Take Back Control on 18:51 - Aug 10 with 2919 viewsDarran

Let's Take Back Control on 18:49 - Aug 10 by Jackfath

We'd reopen all the coal mines.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Let's Take Back Control on 22:50 - Aug 10 with 2716 viewsLoyal

Let's Take Back Control on 18:49 - Aug 10 by Jackfath

Sell Gylfi. Job done.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Let's Take Back Control on 23:02 - Aug 10 with 2693 viewsYossarian

Sending a letter in to The Evening Post.....what a pointless exercise.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Let's Take Back Control on 23:03 - Aug 10 with 2691 viewspikeypaul

So would Welsh people then be allowed to work in England earning on average vastly more money than they do in Wales or would they have to suffer on low wages in Wales?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Let's Take Back Control on 01:57 - Aug 11 with 2587 viewssquarebear

i can't decide if the writer of the opening post is a WUM or simply misguided. Either way, it's late, and I need to finalise my English wife's fake documentation before she's expelled.
Let's Take Back Control on 02:50 - Aug 11 with 2562 viewsLeonWasGod

meh
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 5:11]
Let's Take Back Control on 06:54 - Aug 11 with 2494 viewsSwans777

Let's Take Back Control on 23:03 - Aug 10 by pikeypaul

So would Welsh people then be allowed to work in England earning on average vastly more money than they do in Wales or would they have to suffer on low wages in Wales?

Spot on mate.
Most of my work is in England and earn more there than I do in Wales. fact.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's Take Back Control on 07:56 - Aug 11 with 2423 viewssquarebear

Ditto. The only work I've done in Wales since the 1980s was at a company that's since folded and the public sector. I'm reliant on finding work elsewhere in the U.K./Europe.
Let's Take Back Control on 09:17 - Aug 11 with 2359 viewsjohnlangy

Let's Take Back Control on 23:02 - Aug 10 by Yossarian

Sending a letter in to The Evening Post.....what a pointless exercise.

Pointless in what way ?
Let's Take Back Control on 09:18 - Aug 11 with 2354 viewsmonmouth

Phew. I thought this was going to be another Siggy thread.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 9:19]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Let's Take Back Control on 09:27 - Aug 11 with 2330 viewsjohnlangy

Let's Take Back Control on 23:03 - Aug 10 by pikeypaul

People can work wherever they want as long as the Country they want to work in allows them.

It's no wonder work pays so much less than in England as Welsh GVA has been allowed, through lack of investment over the last few decades by both Labour and Tory Governments, to drop to about 72% of the UK average. And there's no reason to believe things will improve. In fact they'll probably get worse. After allowing this to happen for so long do you think ANY Westminster government is going to suddenly change tack and actually invest in making the Welsh economy strong again ?

If our economy was strong then our children would be able to earn a decent living in their own country. And so would you. Wouldn't you prefer that ?
Let's Take Back Control on 09:28 - Aug 11 with 2325 viewsjohnlangy

Let's Take Back Control on 01:57 - Aug 11 by squarebear

i can't decide if the writer of the opening post is a WUM or simply misguided. Either way, it's late, and I need to finalise my English wife's fake documentation before she's expelled.

Certainly not a WUM. And not misguided, in my opinion.

Why do you suggest misguided ?
Let's Take Back Control on 09:29 - Aug 11 with 2323 viewsjohnlangy

Let's Take Back Control on 09:18 - Aug 11 by monmouth

Phew. I thought this was going to be another Siggy thread.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 9:19]

Nice to have a change.
Let's Take Back Control on 09:30 - Aug 11 with 2323 viewsDarran

Let's Take Back Control on 09:17 - Aug 11 by johnlangy

Pointless in what way ?

Probably because no fuçker reads it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Let's Take Back Control on 09:34 - Aug 11 with 2317 viewsJacTawe

Well said, the trouble with the Welsh is that we don't believe in ourselves, we are not reliant on England. They stripped us of our economy; I quote Phil Bennett before a rugby game against England, "Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They’ve taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We’ve been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that’s who you are playing this afternoon.”
Smaller countries manage OK, if being part of the UK is so great, why are we always at the bottom of the poverty pile? We can't do any worse on our own!

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Let's Take Back Control on 10:04 - Aug 11 with 2279 viewsjohnlangy

Let's Take Back Control on 09:30 - Aug 11 by Darran

I'm not aware of current EP sales levels but it's probably still the best selling paper in Wales.

And you say no one reads it. Bit of a waste of money that.
Let's Take Back Control on 10:05 - Aug 11 with 2277 viewsjohnlangy

Let's Take Back Control on 09:34 - Aug 11 by JacTawe

Well said, the trouble with the Welsh is that we don't believe in ourselves, we are not reliant on England. They stripped us of our economy; I quote Phil Bennett before a rugby game against England, "Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They’ve taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We’ve been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that’s who you are playing this afternoon.”
Smaller countries manage OK, if being part of the UK is so great, why are we always at the bottom of the poverty pile? We can't do any worse on our own!

Thank you Jac. Very well said.
Let's Take Back Control on 10:19 - Aug 11 with 2249 viewsScotia

Let's Take Back Control on 09:34 - Aug 11 by JacTawe

We could and would do much worse on our own.

How would we generate any GDP?
Let's Take Back Control on 10:27 - Aug 11 with 2233 viewsJacTawe

Wales, Albania and Estonia are the only European countries without electric railways, the English government are 'kindly' bringing it as far as Cardiff, and we all know that they are doing it for their benefit and not for the people of Wales

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Let's Take Back Control on 10:39 - Aug 11 with 2214 viewsSPboy

Let's Take Back Control on 09:27 - Aug 11 by johnlangy

People can work wherever they want as long as the Country they want to work in allows them.

It's no wonder work pays so much less than in England as Welsh GVA has been allowed, through lack of investment over the last few decades by both Labour and Tory Governments, to drop to about 72% of the UK average. And there's no reason to believe things will improve. In fact they'll probably get worse. After allowing this to happen for so long do you think ANY Westminster government is going to suddenly change tack and actually invest in making the Welsh economy strong again ?

If our economy was strong then our children would be able to earn a decent living in their own country. And so would you. Wouldn't you prefer that ?

If the Welsh government won't invest in anything other than project Cardiff, there is little chance of the Westminster government investing either . The Westminster Labour government of the noughties invested fa just like the current lot. Labour because they knew their seats were safe, Tories because we keep voting for the same old donkeys
Let's Take Back Control on 11:10 - Aug 11 with 2185 viewsJack1

An independent Wales is the last thing we need!

That surely would mean more power to the Welsh government and there's no prizes for guessing where they'd invest the money.

As bad as things are now, independence would make things far worse for the rest of Wales (outside Cardiff).... in my humble opinion of course!
Let's Take Back Control on 11:25 - Aug 11 with 2157 viewsBrynCartwright

Let's Take Back Control on 10:04 - Aug 11 by johnlangy

I'm not aware of current EP sales levels but it's probably still the best selling paper in Wales.

And you say no one reads it. Bit of a waste of money that.

Plenty of people read it around by 'ere like. I do.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Let's Take Back Control on 11:45 - Aug 11 with 2135 viewsMo_Wives

Let's Take Back Control on 09:30 - Aug 11 by Darran

The Evening post are doing research into how Swansnews always has the scoops so early.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Let's Take Back Control on 17:09 - Aug 11 with 2026 viewsjohnlangy

Let's Take Back Control on 11:10 - Aug 11 by Jack1

An independent Wales is the last thing we need!

That surely would mean more power to the Welsh government and there's no prizes for guessing where they'd invest the money.

As bad as things are now, independence would make things far worse for the rest of Wales (outside Cardiff).... in my humble opinion of course!

Your humble opinion is very much welcome.

One flaw in your point comparing how a Cardiff and a Westminster government would run Wales is that we decide who runs the Sennedd. We have virtually no input into who runs Westminster so why you think that makes for a better option for Wales I don't know.

I'm one of the people on here who is VERY critical of how a Cardiff biased Labour runs the WAG. But I know it's in our power to change things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024