Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? 19:03 - Aug 10 with 9724 viewsGowerjack

Interesting piece here from Criminal Law and Justice weekly.

In essence the referendum was only ever advisory invoking article 50 may have been illegal and May and her team are fully aware of this.

https://www.docdroid.net/EyjQhLM/clj-181-27-wolchover-5-final-approved-1.pdf

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:10 - Aug 10 with 2520 viewsJackfath

Are you going to make a citizens arrest?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:13 - Aug 10 with 2506 viewswaynekerr55

No wonder the likes of IDS are so keen to meddle with the legal system. No wonder Corbyn has been so silent, he kills two birds with one stone; Brexit for his policies and watches them go down

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:48 - Aug 10 with 2472 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:53 - Aug 10 with 2460 viewsr0ckin

It wasn't legally binding in the true sense, but it was binding in the moral sense.

I think everyone knows my view on this subject, I cannot see a single positive to 5-10 years of pain but there we are.

It was a complicated issue that should never have been put out to the general public. There are Ministers actively pursuing a course for the Country they believe is not in our National interest and that includes those that support brexit because there are a several ways of leaving and they know this.

The more I read and digest the more embarrassed I am by my own Country.

Peace

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:54 - Aug 10 with 2453 viewswaynekerr55

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:48 - Aug 10 by Swans777

I know I've had a few bangs to the skull over the years, but would you be as so kind as to explain what's so funny about "TheGowerJack's" post?

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:57 - Aug 10 with 2447 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:53 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

It wasn't legally binding in the true sense, but it was binding in the moral sense.

I think everyone knows my view on this subject, I cannot see a single positive to 5-10 years of pain but there we are.

It was a complicated issue that should never have been put out to the general public. There are Ministers actively pursuing a course for the Country they believe is not in our National interest and that includes those that support brexit because there are a several ways of leaving and they know this.

I'm more positive now than before Brexit.
Country is doing well.
Very happy we are leaving.
In fact , I'm over the moon.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:58 - Aug 10 with 2439 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:54 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

I know I've had a few bangs to the skull over the years, but would you be as so kind as to explain what's so funny about "TheGowerJack's" post?

The fact that people still think Brexit isn't going to happen. Hilarious.😂
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:00 - Aug 10 with 2434 viewswaynekerr55

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:58 - Aug 10 by Swans777

The fact that people still think Brexit isn't going to happen. Hilarious.😂

That's not the jist of what TGJ said nor the article. Did you read it? If not, to save you hassle read the final paragraph

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:02 - Aug 10 with 2430 viewswaynekerr55

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:53 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

Morality? People make dubious decision on the basis of spin, deceit and lack of balanced evidence. Then again, that's probably of a greater moral compass than planetswans 😉😂

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:03 - Aug 10 with 2429 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:00 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

That's not the jist of what TGJ said nor the article. Did you read it? If not, to save you hassle read the final paragraph

Not bothered reading the article, because it's pointless.
All nonsense, which we've been through hundreds of times in the last 13 months.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:04 - Aug 10 with 2421 viewsr0ckin

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:57 - Aug 10 by Swans777

I'm more positive now than before Brexit.
Country is doing well.
Very happy we are leaving.
In fact , I'm over the moon.

In what way is it doing well? All indicators are in reverse, we have gone from the fastest growing developed economy to one of the slowest.

Even exports are struggling and that is with a much weaker pound which has seen inflation rise higher than wages.

Since brexit austerity has been binned because we have had to support the economy through extra borrowing and even lower interest rates.

This is just economically, in terms of our standing in the World is has tumbled dramatically we have fallen behind France as a beacon for soft power.

As we leave we are trying to negotiate new trade deals from a position of weakness which will mean potentially devastating results for our economy. Manufacturing as the chief brexit economist said before the referendum could become a thing of the past. This of course won't happen for a while.

Business investment has dropped significantly, jobs have already been offshored and at present Paris and Frankfurt are fighting over our City jobs.

There is literally zero positives.

If you're bothered by issues like immigration:

Already the Government have made noises to say nothing much will change, they're talking about long-term work visas and pretty much the same numbers

On fishing Gove has already said that foreign boats will still be in our waters, this is largely to do with capacity and tariffs which are more profitable to maintain status quo.

It's a shambles an absolute shambles I'm still amazed there are people who support it.

Peace

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:07 - Aug 10 with 2416 viewsr0ckin

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:02 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

Morality? People make dubious decision on the basis of spin, deceit and lack of balanced evidence. Then again, that's probably of a greater moral compass than planetswans 😉😂

I agree wholeheartedly with you:

The 350m thing was a disgrace, the true figure is around 156m as proven by figures

That works out around 0.6% of our economy.

Now we're destined to grow around 1.5% over the next few years around half of trend growth that basically means we'll be borrowing more due to weaker performance and that's while in the EU when we've left it will mean we'll have less money and will borrow more.

On the bill the telegraph reported 36bn payment

I believe we were told no payments before referendum. Project fear etc.

They sell more to us yadda yadda. They need us more than we need them yadda yadda

It's an outrage

Peace

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:07 - Aug 10 with 2415 viewswaynekerr55

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:03 - Aug 10 by Swans777

Not bothered reading the article, because it's pointless.
All nonsense, which we've been through hundreds of times in the last 13 months.

So a top legal voice is pointless and nonsense? Ever heard of analysing all sides of an argument?

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:15 - Aug 10 with 2399 viewswaynekerr55

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:07 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

I agree wholeheartedly with you:

The 350m thing was a disgrace, the true figure is around 156m as proven by figures

That works out around 0.6% of our economy.

Now we're destined to grow around 1.5% over the next few years around half of trend growth that basically means we'll be borrowing more due to weaker performance and that's while in the EU when we've left it will mean we'll have less money and will borrow more.

On the bill the telegraph reported 36bn payment

I believe we were told no payments before referendum. Project fear etc.

They sell more to us yadda yadda. They need us more than we need them yadda yadda

It's an outrage

Exactly. The whole "immigration and sovereignty" thing is a red herring. Free movement doesn't mean we have to take all and sundry; we took the decision not to fund the borders as it would cost too much. Plus our supreme court will still reference the European court in case law both past and present when we leave. Total shìt.

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act on 20:19 - Aug 10 with 2390 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:04 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

In what way is it doing well? All indicators are in reverse, we have gone from the fastest growing developed economy to one of the slowest.

Even exports are struggling and that is with a much weaker pound which has seen inflation rise higher than wages.

Since brexit austerity has been binned because we have had to support the economy through extra borrowing and even lower interest rates.

This is just economically, in terms of our standing in the World is has tumbled dramatically we have fallen behind France as a beacon for soft power.

As we leave we are trying to negotiate new trade deals from a position of weakness which will mean potentially devastating results for our economy. Manufacturing as the chief brexit economist said before the referendum could become a thing of the past. This of course won't happen for a while.

Business investment has dropped significantly, jobs have already been offshored and at present Paris and Frankfurt are fighting over our City jobs.

There is literally zero positives.

If you're bothered by issues like immigration:

Already the Government have made noises to say nothing much will change, they're talking about long-term work visas and pretty much the same numbers

On fishing Gove has already said that foreign boats will still be in our waters, this is largely to do with capacity and tariffs which are more profitable to maintain status quo.

It's a shambles an absolute shambles I'm still amazed there are people who support it.

All you are doing is regurgitating same old nonsense.
I'm happy we are leaving and you can continue to post until the cows come home, you ain't going to change a thing, my friend.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act on 20:21 - Aug 10 with 2385 viewsJackfath

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act on 20:19 - Aug 10 by Swans777

I'm happy we are leaving and you can continue to post until the cows come home, you ain't going to change a thing, my friend.

I remember you saying being out of Europe would be good for your business.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act on 20:21 - Aug 10 with 2384 viewswaynekerr55

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act on 20:19 - Aug 10 by Swans777

Without wishing to be a pedant, the 156m point has only just come to light...

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:21 - Aug 10 with 2382 viewsexiledclaseboy

That article is nonsense. An Act of Parliament was required to authorise the government to trigger withdrawal and such an Act was passed.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:22 - Aug 10 with 2374 viewsplasjack

Economics aside, most of those that voted to leave were afraid of wide scale immigration, that would threaten the indigenous population of jobs.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:22 - Aug 10 with 2372 viewsDarran

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:21 - Aug 10 by exiledclaseboy

That article is nonsense. An Act of Parliament was required to authorise the government to trigger withdrawal and such an Act was passed.

Just look at who started the thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:23 - Aug 10 with 2371 viewsLohengrin

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:21 - Aug 10 by exiledclaseboy

It was and they did. Quite right, Clase.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:26 - Aug 10 with 2354 viewswaynekerr55

Didn't the article focus upon potential legality of passing the act?

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:27 - Aug 10 with 2349 viewspikeypaul

Project fear was exactly that

30% drop in house prices
Mass unemployment
Emergency Budget within a week of the vote.

All total Bull manure.

We are coming out despite the remoaners still spitting their dummies out like little babies
get used to it.
Roll on March 2019 Happy days.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:29 - Aug 10 with 2343 viewswaynekerr55

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:27 - Aug 10 by pikeypaul

30% drop in house prices
Mass unemployment

All total Bull manure.

We are coming out despite the remoaners still spitting their dummies out like little babies
get used to it.

There have been gross misrepresentations on both sides.

I don't think we'll see either a benefit or negative for at least 5/6 years.

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:31 - Aug 10 with 2338 viewsplasjack

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 20:27 - Aug 10 by pikeypaul

30% drop in house prices
Mass unemployment

All total Bull manure.

get used to it.

We are still in at the moment, so we are cushioned until 2019, lets see what transpires after the split.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024