Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? 19:03 - Aug 10 with 9721 viewsGowerjack

Interesting piece here from Criminal Law and Justice weekly.

In essence the referendum was only ever advisory invoking article 50 may have been illegal and May and her team are fully aware of this.

https://www.docdroid.net/EyjQhLM/clj-181-27-wolchover-5-final-approved-1.pdf

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:36 - Aug 11 with 2270 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:26 - Aug 11 by r0ckin

Yes, you're correct.

I'm very pro EU, I haven't always been believe it or not I voted UKIP around 12 years ago. I have just grown to realise the error of my ways through reading both sides of the argument and listening to people over that period.

Yes when we joined the 'common market' it was a different entity but how many times do you hear old duffers say 'I voted to join a common market not a political union' yet what we're now advocating is leaving the common market and basically ripping up everything.

That is where the fault line lies and why the referendum was too binary and not nuanced. Poll after poll shows people favour being in single market and if you did a poll regarding 'common market' they would no doubt approve. We are embarking on an extreme exit.

I personally don't want a soft brexit, I want to remain and become a leading member of the EU driving through change but overall I'm probably a minority just like I believe you are. The majority in the Country is for an end to the political Union not the economic Union.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 13:26]

Well you can't have both .
The EU will still trade with us. They want us you pay to access the EU's market.
We should charge them to access the British market, only going to be One Winner there.

Why hasn't any politician ever come out and said we want to create a United States of Europe ?
And by politicians I mean the pro EU lot.
Everything they do is through deception and making the people pay for it.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:43 - Aug 11 with 2268 viewsGowerjack

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:15 - Aug 11 by Swans777

Where was the mandate to even be in the EU.
The vote in 1972 , was to join the EEC.
Lies then and lies today.
The aim is to create a United States of Europe, through stealth and deception.
It's not what the majority in this country want, when will people like you listen ?. Probably never.

Majority = 37%.

Plastic since 1974

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:44 - Aug 11 with 2262 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:43 - Aug 11 by Gowerjack

Majority = 37%.

Pardon, old chap
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:45 - Aug 11 with 2259 viewsGowerjack

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:44 - Aug 11 by Swans777

Pardon, old chap

Ask your wife she's probably brighter than you being a barrister .

Plastic since 1974

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:57 - Aug 11 with 2252 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 13:45 - Aug 11 by Gowerjack

Ask your wife she's probably brighter than you being a barrister .

37 % what ? 37 % bigger apples in Tesco ?.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:09 - Aug 11 with 2243 viewsGowerjack

As I was saying.

Not the sharpest.

Plastic since 1974

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:15 - Aug 11 with 2232 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:09 - Aug 11 by Gowerjack

As I was saying.

Not the sharpest.

Just a random 37 % thingy, old chap.
Or did you mean only 37 % of the electorate voted to leave the EU. If so then 37% is more the % that voted to remain and your whole argument, comes crashing down. That's what happens when you build an argument on sand, old chap.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:23 - Aug 11 with 2220 viewsGowerjack

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:15 - Aug 11 by Swans777

Just a random 37 % thingy, old chap.
Or did you mean only 37 % of the electorate voted to leave the EU. If so then 37% is more the % that voted to remain and your whole argument, comes crashing down. That's what happens when you build an argument on sand, old chap.

While you're at it these goalposts need moving as well....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4781550/Bungling-council-install-goalpos

Plastic since 1974

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:27 - Aug 11 with 2210 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:23 - Aug 11 by Gowerjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4781550/Bungling-council-install-goalpos

Did more than 37 % of the people eligible to vote , vote to remain then ?
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:51 - Aug 11 with 2194 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit will become the disaster that anyone with half a brain cell could have anticipated.

If you are aligned to Boris, Redwood, Gove, Farage, Davis, et al on any argument then you are probably on the wrong side of the argument.

If nothing else peace in Europe has been a pretty good outcome.

'The past has stolen the future'. Mindless economic self harm - and the poorest areas - like Wales - will suffer the most.

God bless the nice European people who gave us money because London had made Wales so poor.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:53 - Aug 11 with 2190 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:51 - Aug 11 by Kilkennyjack

Brexit will become the disaster that anyone with half a brain cell could have anticipated.

If you are aligned to Boris, Redwood, Gove, Farage, Davis, et al on any argument then you are probably on the wrong side of the argument.

'The past has stolen the future'. Mindless economic self harm - and the poorest areas - like Wales - will suffer the most.

God bless the nice European people who gave us money because London had made Wales so poor.

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:59 - Aug 11 with 2187 viewsr0ckin

In follow up to Killkennys post. If we want to break this down to very basic levels:

If you're on the brexit side, your bedfellows are:

Nigel Farage
George Galloway
Tommy Robinson
IDS
Jeremy Corbyn
John Redwood
Norman Tebbit
Daniel Hannan
et al

Remain

Ruth Davidson
David Cameron
Ken Clarke
David Miliband
Yvette Cooper
Liz Kendall
Nick Clegg
Vince Cable
Damian Green
et al

That's just a rough idea. Bottom line is moderation is for remain, extremes are for brexit. Well, it's up to you but I'm more comfortable with David Cameron or Ed Miliband running the show than the current or potential future crop.

Peace

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 15:02 - Aug 11 with 2183 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:59 - Aug 11 by r0ckin

In follow up to Killkennys post. If we want to break this down to very basic levels:

If you're on the brexit side, your bedfellows are:

Nigel Farage
George Galloway
Tommy Robinson
IDS
Jeremy Corbyn
John Redwood
Norman Tebbit
Daniel Hannan
et al

Remain

Ruth Davidson
David Cameron
Ken Clarke
David Miliband
Yvette Cooper
Liz Kendall
Nick Clegg
Vince Cable
Damian Green
et al

That's just a rough idea. Bottom line is moderation is for remain, extremes are for brexit. Well, it's up to you but I'm more comfortable with David Cameron or Ed Miliband running the show than the current or potential future crop.

No my friend, my bedfellows are the other 17.4 million fellow brits who decided, enough is enough.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 15:41 - Aug 11 with 2170 viewsr0ckin

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 15:02 - Aug 11 by Swans777

No my friend, my bedfellows are the other 17.4 million fellow brits who decided, enough is enough.

Enough is enough, all you brexiteers do is just project through soundbites.

What does that even mean?

Peace

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 16:27 - Aug 11 with 2159 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 15:41 - Aug 11 by r0ckin

Enough is enough, all you brexiteers do is just project through soundbites.

What does that even mean?

It means , old chap that the government of the day through a vote in parliament (6-1) would hold an referendum on the membership of the European Union.

That government said it would respect & implement the result.
Now , old chap the referendum has been, the result known and the process has begun.

The result hasn't started WW3, there hasn't been an emergency budget and Godzilla hasn't risen from the sea.

In fact inward investment is still good, unemployment is low ( relatively speaking) .
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 16:30]
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 16:34 - Aug 11 with 2155 viewsr0ckin

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 16:27 - Aug 11 by Swans777

It means , old chap that the government of the day through a vote in parliament (6-1) would hold an referendum on the membership of the European Union.

That government said it would respect & implement the result.
Now , old chap the referendum has been, the result known and the process has begun.

The result hasn't started WW3, there hasn't been an emergency budget and Godzilla hasn't risen from the sea.

In fact inward investment is still good, unemployment is low ( relatively speaking) .
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 16:30]

The World hasn't caved in, we're just doing less well.

Great let's press on, for no apparent reason

Peace

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 16:58 - Aug 11 with 2146 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 16:34 - Aug 11 by r0ckin

The World hasn't caved in, we're just doing less well.

Great let's press on, for no apparent reason

Well speak for yourself my friend.
Work wise, things are great and will get even better, for me.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 17:13 - Aug 11 with 2139 viewsploppy

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:51 - Aug 11 by Kilkennyjack

Peace in Europe is due to NATO, not the EU.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 17:43 - Aug 11 with 2127 viewsr0ckin

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 16:58 - Aug 11 by Swans777

Well speak for yourself my friend.
Work wise, things are great and will get even better, for me.

But that's in silo matey, I'm pleased for you. But my thoughts are more based across the Nation as a whole.

Peace

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 17:45 - Aug 11 with 2125 viewsSwans777

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 17:43 - Aug 11 by r0ckin

But that's in silo matey, I'm pleased for you. But my thoughts are more based across the Nation as a whole.

My friend, don't get wound up, I'm winding you up lol.
I did vote to leave though.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:13 - Aug 11 with 2103 viewsexiledclaseboy

All the best satire is rooted in reality.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2017/08/secret-civil-servant-brexit-

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:31 - Aug 11 with 2091 viewsplasjack

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 17:13 - Aug 11 by ploppy

Peace in Europe is due to NATO, not the EU.

Russia is in Europe, well parts of it, Ukraine also in Europe, NATO couldn't prevent conflict there.
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 19:32 - Aug 11 with 2089 viewsGaryjack

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 11:25 - Aug 11 by r0ckin

1) Name me a law that you have an issue with, go on ONE law, just one.

2) I've already talked about this, in previous posts and surprise surprise no one has responded to the points.

3) Again already spoken about this.

350m is the gross figure, which was naughty is was far more dramatic and they knew this that's why they used it. Like a private sector business saying a headline sales pitch and then putting T's & C's in place.

Not to repeat myself but this is 0.6% of GDP to be a member of the largest single market in the World on our door step. As I've already said, even leavers admit growth will be slower and that parity in terms of growth will take a decade so if you're an optimist on this front we won't see any benefits in this area for YEARS. I've already stated we're borrowing billions more already.

Please I dare you to question the figures not repeat the tired old victimhood assertion that we're all arrogant tw@s we just happen to care about our Country and are p1ssed off that we're embarking on an unnecessary course of action which will have no tangible benefits.

They've banned Bombay Duck and i fvckin want them back!
Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 22:35 - Aug 11 with 2053 viewssherpajacob

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 14:23 - Aug 11 by Gowerjack

How stupid would you have to be to put goalposts up the wrong way round.

Mind you, Aberdare voted leave.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Brexit result not legally binding - Has the PM committed a criminal act? on 07:56 - Aug 12 with 2011 viewsHighjack

Has Theresa been arrested yet?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024