Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best way to watch games from the US? 02:41 - Aug 12 with 1295 viewsLeonWasGod

As above, what's the best way to catch games from the US? Any advice from US-based posters greatfully received. I'm over here for a fair few months so either subscription or match-by-match options would be possible. Thanks in advance
Best way to watch games from the US? on 04:25 - Aug 12 with 1282 viewsJack123

you need NBC Sports Live Extra and NBC Sports Gold accounts..? ( Not me ,Just reading on twitter, one of the people I follow, seems to have it cracked for those!
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 4:29]

libera nos a malo

Best way to watch games from the US? on 04:52 - Aug 12 with 1274 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Best way to watch games from the US? on 04:25 - Aug 12 by Jack123

you need NBC Sports Live Extra and NBC Sports Gold accounts..? ( Not me ,Just reading on twitter, one of the people I follow, seems to have it cracked for those!
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 4:29]

Correct. It was free until this season, but now you have to have the Gold thing ($49.99) to see every fixture.

This weekend, 7 of the fixtures are on NBC, NBCSN, or CNBC, and the other 3 (3 of the 5 Saturday 3 pm GMT matches) are "Gold." Unfortunately Southampton/Swans is one of the 3 Golds, so I will be watching on my computer and cussing every time it freezes.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 4:54]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Best way to watch games from the US? on 05:14 - Aug 12 with 1261 viewsLeonWasGod

Ok, thanks both. So the live extra is free, but the Gold is subscription? So a Gold subscription will guarantee a stream for each game (when combined with the live extra streams)?

And can you run these via apps on a phone/iPod (we're currently cruising up the west coast 😎).

And do tou need decent wifi? Motels can be a bit hit and miss.

Sorry, so many questions......
Best way to watch games from the US? on 05:26 - Aug 12 with 1253 viewsNirvana

Best way to watch games from the US? on 05:14 - Aug 12 by LeonWasGod

Ok, thanks both. So the live extra is free, but the Gold is subscription? So a Gold subscription will guarantee a stream for each game (when combined with the live extra streams)?

And can you run these via apps on a phone/iPod (we're currently cruising up the west coast 😎).

Excellent, Leon.

Where you headed?

Or is the journey all part of the destination?

Should be, the West Coast is amazing.

Enjoy yourself amigo.
(No subject) (n/t) on 05:49 - Aug 12 with 1237 viewsLeonWasGod

Best way to watch games from the US? on 05:26 - Aug 12 by Nirvana

Excellent, Leon.

Where you headed?

Enjoy yourself amigo.

Best way to watch games from the US? on 05:51 - Aug 12 with 1233 viewsJethroJack

Ah... LA, Santa Barbara, Monterrey, Carmel, The Big Sur, San Luis Obispo, Solvang, SF (not necessarily in that order, its been a while)...ENJOY.
(sorry, no additional info on the game, except my son & I will be there 😁)
Best way to watch games from the US? on 06:04 - Aug 12 with 1224 viewsphact0rri

Live Extra is a service that NBC sports offers its customers and use to allow to view replays and such. Gold has a thing called Premiere pass which allows you to drop the full 50 USD to for the entire season, and its a stand alone platform.. you won't need the tv component to watch.

You can access the matches with the NBC sport app.

Also cruising up the west coast, do enjoy it. I'm in southern california myself :)

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Best way to watch games from the US? on 06:29 - Aug 12 with 1211 viewsMo_Wives

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

Best way to watch games from the US? on 04:17 - Aug 15 with 1001 viewsLeonWasGod

Best way to watch games from the US? on 06:29 - Aug 12 by Mo_Wives

Ah, i see you've met the wife
Best way to watch games from the US? on 04:20 - Aug 15 with 998 viewsLeonWasGod

Best way to watch games from the US? on 06:04 - Aug 12 by phact0rri

Live Extra is a service that NBC sports offers its customers and use to allow to view replays and such. Gold has a thing called Premiere pass which allows you to drop the full 50 USD to for the entire season, and its a stand alone platform.. you won't need the tv component to watch.

You can access the matches with the NBC sport app.

Also cruising up the west coast, do enjoy it. I'm in southern california myself :)

Thanks for that. We had rubbish wifi for the Southampton game, but i'll get that sorted out now. You'd think a country that can blow up the world several times over could sort out decent wifi in motels, but apparently not.
Best way to watch games from the US? on 04:24 - Aug 15 with 992 viewsLeonWasGod

Best way to watch games from the US? on 05:51 - Aug 12 by JethroJack

Ah... LA, Santa Barbara, Monterrey, Carmel, The Big Sur, San Luis Obispo, Solvang, SF (not necessarily in that order, its been a while)...ENJOY.
(sorry, no additional info on the game, except my son & I will be there 😁)

We stayed north, so flew into Vegss and then across to Death Valley and Yosemite before hitting the CA coast at Monterey. Monterey and SF were superb. Now up in Oregon - Crater Lakes. Superb country.
Best way to watch games from the US? on 04:28 - Aug 15 with 991 viewsLeonWasGod

Best way to watch games from the US? on 05:26 - Aug 12 by Nirvana

Excellent, Leon.

Where you headed?

Enjoy yourself amigo.

Cheers N. we've got a rough plan, may make it to Seattle or may pull the plug at Portland. All good fun so far, but we're missing the footie! Not that it sounds like there's been much to miss...
Best way to watch games from the US? on 06:09 - Aug 15 with 962 viewsNirvana

Best way to watch games from the US? on 04:28 - Aug 15 by LeonWasGod

Cheers N. we've got a rough plan, may make it to Seattle or may pull the plug at Portland. All good fun so far, but we're missing the footie! Not that it sounds like there's been much to miss...

Enjoy it.

Go where the wind takes you, you free spirit you.
Only thing you need to know about the Swans is we got a point.
No worries, you're on the West Coast now.

As an aside, have you thought about checking out a "soccer" game in either of the cities you mentioned?

Check it out.
Best way to watch games from the US? on 06:37 - Aug 15 with 944 viewsLeonWasGod

Best way to watch games from the US? on 06:09 - Aug 15 by Nirvana

Enjoy it.

Go where the wind takes you, you free spirit you.
Only thing you need to know about the Swans is we got a point.
No worries, you're on the West Coast now.

As an aside, have you thought about checking out a "soccer" game in either of the cities you mentioned?

Check it out.

Soccer! Pah. it's all about 'football' out here. I thought baseball would be bigger but apparently it's in decline. When we get back to Boston we've got New England Revolution for the real footie, the Redsocks (edit - Red Sox apparently ☺️) for baseball and the Patriots for football with shoulder pads. Hopefully we'll catch them all.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 6:40]
Best way to watch games from the US? on 08:36 - Aug 15 with 889 viewsWxmJax

Hope you enjoy the total eclipse on Thursday. We were hoping to be there but circumstances dictated otherwise.
Are you going to Utah ? The area around Moab is simply stunning. You can combine a route with Zion NP and Page, Arizona. So many places that you will be familiar to you once you're there.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024