Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Steal A Point At St Marys 16:55 - Aug 12 with 3792 viewsSwansIndependent

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys 12th Aug 2017 16:50
I think it is fair to say that Swansea earned themselves a point they didn't deserve at St Mary's this afternoon as they endured an opening day battering but walked away somehow with a 0-0 draw against wasteful Southampton. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 16:57 - Aug 12 with 2997 viewsEasternJack

"Robbed themselves a point?"

F my eyes

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:03 - Aug 12 with 2903 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 16:57 - Aug 12 by EasternJack

"Robbed themselves a point?"

F my eyes

Innit. What a pathetic "headline".

Poll: Tory leader

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:04 - Aug 12 with 2903 viewsTummer_from_Texas

U
G
L
Y

That said, it's an away point against a top-half club. Excellent result.

[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 17:15]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:07 - Aug 12 with 2848 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:04 - Aug 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

U
G
L
Y

Here's a stat. We scored as many goals and earned as many points as Southampton did today.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 17:07]

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:10 - Aug 12 with 2808 viewsorion3016

Well organised defended well, great point earned

Good start

Be over there now after

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:12 - Aug 12 with 2800 viewsHeadmaster

They dominated us and we were lucky to come away with a point. Squad lacks depth, but we've known that for a while. Good defensive resilience, but these next three weeks are very important.
Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:14 - Aug 12 with 2762 viewsSwanjaxs

Southampton 2 attempts on target in 90 minutes.... and we robbed a point! Time to put swansnews on ignore 💤💤💤💤💤

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 17:22 - Aug 12 with 2684 viewsexiledclaseboy

The new headline is equally as stupid by the way.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:25 - Aug 12 with 2647 viewsSwanjaxs

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:04 - Aug 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

U
G
L
Y

Call it what you want mate but a point at Southampton isn't to be sniffed at 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:31 - Aug 12 with 2599 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:14 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Southampton 2 attempts on target in 90 minutes.... and we robbed a point! Time to put swansnews on ignore 💤💤💤💤💤

2 on target, but a ton of other opportunities, and twice we came very close to conceding a penalty.

I'm not complaining or bothered by it, I'll take a little luck whenever we can get it. But we indeed robbed a point.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 17:35 - Aug 12 with 2565 viewsDarran

Thanks Swansnews keep up the good work. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 17:53 - Aug 12 with 2471 viewsBrynCartwright

That's me putting SwansNews on ignore. Tool!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 18:01 - Aug 12 with 2434 viewsGaryjack

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 17:35 - Aug 12 by Darran

Thanks Swansnews keep up the good work. 👀

I agree Dar, people putting someone who actually writes articles for this site on ignore because they don't like the wording of the headline! Everything he's said in the article is correct!
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 18:01]
Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 18:09 - Aug 12 with 2379 viewsawayjack

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:14 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

29 attempts - if they could shoot straight we'd have been hammered.
Aside from defensive shape and great support, no real positives from that display. Midfield was complete overrun and we had no attacking threat. I guess with Routs at AM it's not surprising. Seeing Bartley, Fulton and McBurnie as subs in PL match shows how weak our squad is. Hopefully kick up the arse we need to make some quality signings.
Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 19:04 - Aug 12 with 2204 viewscentrestandswan

If we were as bad as some are saying on here I don't give Soton much hope then if they couldn't beat a poor Swan's side. They should be the ones worrying

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 19:29 - Aug 12 with 2130 viewsKerouac

We were shite but it was a great point...that point is thanks to Paul Clement and the discipline he has instilled in terms of the shape.

However, the squad depth is appalling and this has been coming for a very long time...and the individual performances were woeful.

Bartley showed why he is a terrible defender, it should have been a penalty. Two hands raised in front of your face in your own box?!?! Give me a break.

Olsson didn't play well.

Naughton still hasn't got the concept that his job is to stop the crosses coming into the box from his side.

Leon had a very rare poor game.

Fulton is a young boy who comes on with 15 minutes left and appears to have less energy than everyone else and be one of the slowest players on the pitch...then he starts misplacing 5 yard passes, turning his back on the ball when he should be heading it, giving fecking freekicks away. Give me strength.

....I could go on and on with that list.

The passing was atrocious.
They were far too relaxed at the back, slow to respond, sloppy with their passes/clearances...looked like they didn't care whenever any of them f*cked up. Nobody dishing out bollockings, geeing them up.
Clement obviously wasn't happy on the touchline though.

Mesa is not another Baston. When I saw him against Sampdoria he looked a bloody good player. Strange decision not to bring him on...I think Clement was making a point to the board with his substitutions myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 19:51 - Aug 12 with 2054 viewsGaryjack

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 19:29 - Aug 12 by Kerouac

We were shite but it was a great point...that point is thanks to Paul Clement and the discipline he has instilled in terms of the shape.

However, the squad depth is appalling and this has been coming for a very long time...and the individual performances were woeful.

Bartley showed why he is a terrible defender, it should have been a penalty. Two hands raised in front of your face in your own box?!?! Give me a break.

Olsson didn't play well.

Naughton still hasn't got the concept that his job is to stop the crosses coming into the box from his side.

Fulton is a young boy who comes on with 15 minutes left and appears to have less energy than everyone else and be one of the slowest players on the pitch...then he starts misplacing 5 yard passes, turning his back on the ball when he should be heading it, giving fecking freekicks away. Give me strength.

They were far too relaxed at the back, slow to respond, sloppy with their passes/clearances...looked like they didn't care whenever any of them f*cked up. Nobody dishing out bollockings, geeing them up.

Mesa is not another Baston. When I saw him against Sampdoria he looked a bloody good player. Strange decision not to bring him on...I think Clement was making a point to the board with his substitutions myself.

What point to the board do you believe he was trying to make?
Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 19:57 - Aug 12 with 2040 viewsAl_Bundy

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 19:29 - Aug 12 by Kerouac

Olsson didn't play well.

Good post and spot on..

The fact we subbed two captains probably says it all.
Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 23:57 - Aug 12 with 1915 viewsKerouac

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 19:51 - Aug 12 by Garyjack

What point to the board do you believe he was trying to make?

That they are expecting him to compete in the Premier League against clubs choc full of international footballers with a squad stocked with untested kids and footballing pensioners, and they need to pull their sodding finger out and sign some of his targets.
Pronto.

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 00:12 - Aug 13 with 1896 viewsKerouac

...and I wouldn't be surprised if the MOTD pundits pick up on it in approx. 5-10 mins time.

Nobody has ever heard of Oliver McBurnie and Jay Fulton with good reason.
They have never played any football anywhere.
Usually youngsters are sent on loan to clubs playing at a lower level in order to prove themselves.
If youngsters are thrown in the deep end in the Premier League that decision is usually made because it is considered that they are pretty special.
Not at this club. Complete fecking nobodies are given game time, relied on (in terms of the squad) even....because WE DON'T HAVE ANYONE ELSE!
WTF.

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 00:17 - Aug 13 with 1883 viewsGaryjack

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 23:57 - Aug 12 by Kerouac

That they are expecting him to compete in the Premier League against clubs choc full of international footballers with a squad stocked with untested kids and footballing pensioners, and they need to pull their sodding finger out and sign some of his targets.
Pronto.

Oh right. So that's why he put them on instead of an £11m signing!
Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 00:53 - Aug 13 with 1843 viewsKerouac

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 00:17 - Aug 13 by Garyjack

Oh right. So that's why he put them on instead of an £11m signing!

So why do you think Fulton was preferred to £11m man Mesa? His stellar performances on loan to Oldham Athletic back in 2015?

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 01:04 - Aug 13 with 1832 viewsGaryjack

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 00:53 - Aug 13 by Kerouac

So why do you think Fulton was preferred to £11m man Mesa? His stellar performances on loan to Oldham Athletic back in 2015?

Who knows? But whatever the reason, i'm quite sure it wasn't to make a point to the board! To think it was is quite frankly insane!
Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 20:03 - Aug 14 with 1687 viewsKerouac

Swans Steal A Point At St Marys on 01:04 - Aug 13 by Garyjack

Who knows? But whatever the reason, i'm quite sure it wasn't to make a point to the board! To think it was is quite frankly insane!

Lot of crazy people about at the mo.

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 20:07 - Aug 14 with 1675 viewsLoyal

Swans Rob A Point At St Marys on 17:10 - Aug 12 by orion3016

Well organised defended well, great point earned

Good start

It would be interesting to see what we would have done had we gone a goal down.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024