Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans 17:07 - Aug 12 with 7844 viewsTheResurrection

Plenty of questions still to be answered and the performance level would have been totally different had we been home.

Huge positive in our defensive shape when we need to dig in and for all Southampton's chances, really speaking, very few were particularly threatening.

Also I think Clement's subs were a statement to the Board. Fulton, Bartley and McBurnie just shows the lack of activity. Also, we've got to be majorly worried about Mesa at this stage. Personally I fear for his character more than his ability, he seems too confident and a bit of a hot head.

But all in all a decent platform to build on - but it's got to be done and quick.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:24 - Aug 12 with 1666 viewsicecoldjack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:01 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

We were never going to be as expansive away from home.

But that's the aim and objective and remember, we've not even dabbled in the market as much, yet.

You'll see..... again....

So therefore plenty of logic in leaving Mesa on the bench .
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:24 - Aug 12 with 1666 viewsEasternJack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:23 - Aug 12 by kyswans

Think Mesa could've came in for Leon instead of Fulton, but because we were chasing a point, PC went reliability over someone who hasn't played a PL minute.

Don't think it has anything to do with his character

Is the correct answer. Have an upvote.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:26 - Aug 12 with 1660 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:20 - Aug 12 by EasternJack

They're for my own amusement, not yours.

Sorry I hit a nerve. Would've thought you had thicker skin considering how deep you've been digging yourself over the last 6 months.

As for you, not sure what impresses me the most: your persistence in pursing lost cause opinions; or your lack awareness of your credibility level on here.

Squire

You got a name, a history? You're not Bob Monkhouse I know that...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:28 - Aug 12 with 1634 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:24 - Aug 12 by icecoldjack

So therefore plenty of logic in leaving Mesa on the bench .

A marquee signing bought early July should have played today, without doubt.

You can make all the excuses you want. Something isn't right at this early stage.

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:30 - Aug 12 with 1622 viewsEasternJack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:26 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

You got a name, a history? You're not Bob Monkhouse I know that...

Right on all counts

How does that feel?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:32 - Aug 12 with 1612 viewsShaky

i watched the game on a stream with the sound turned down as it was out of sync.

All I'll say is my starkest recollection is twice seeing one of their players take high balls down on the chest and control it well inside the area, while a group of Swansea lads stood around at a polite distance so as not get in the way.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:32 - Aug 12 with 1608 viewsspiderboy

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:23 - Aug 12 by kyswans

Think Mesa could've came in for Leon instead of Fulton, but because we were chasing a point, PC went reliability over someone who hasn't played a PL minute.

Don't think it has anything to do with his character

Next game is a MUST WIN!
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:33 - Aug 12 with 1601 viewsAngelRangelQS

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:28 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

You can make all the excuses you want. Something isn't right at this early stage.

Well I don't care what anyone else says, it seems odd to me
Login to get fewer ads

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:33 - Aug 12 with 1595 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:30 - Aug 12 by EasternJack

Right on all counts

How does that feel?

Feel free to introduce yourself then.... ??

Don't throw a gag in though or i'll be sick.

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:35 - Aug 12 with 1577 viewsDarran

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:33 - Aug 12 by AngelRangelQS

I agree too,very odd.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:39 - Aug 12 with 1548 viewsEasternJack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:33 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

Feel free to introduce yourself then.... ??

Don't throw a gag in though or i'll be sick.

No thanks

I'd rather gently ridicule you from the blissful comfort of Internet anonymity

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:40 - Aug 12 with 1543 viewsGaryjack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:33 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

I don't think Clement would have hesitated to play him if he was on track. Something is amiss with Mesa, that's as clear as day, unfortunately,

He's gonna be this years Baston. I can see it coming!
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:41 - Aug 12 with 1536 viewsraynor94

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:33 - Aug 12 by AngelRangelQS

Leon taken off, replaced by Fulton, where was our £11 million signing?
Mystifying

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:42 - Aug 12 with 1529 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:35 - Aug 12 by Darran

I agree too,very odd.

Oh you agree now

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:48 - Aug 12 with 1502 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:39 - Aug 12 by EasternJack

No thanks

I'd rather gently ridicule you from the blissful comfort of Internet anonymity

Right......

Pussy x

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:52 - Aug 12 with 1492 viewsicecoldjack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:28 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

That remains to be seen, i wouldn't disagree that it's a bit odd myself either, Leon Britton was blowing through his ar£se well before time and shouldn't be starting for me as effectively we only ever have 2 tactical subs if he starts.

I think it's very likely that clement knew this was going to be a grind and a tight game and decided to go for more height with players who are safe pair of hands and arn't cutting their teeth.

If Mesa doesn't get any game time for Man utd then i would say somethings not right, but it could be something quite genuine and nothing sinister, illness, slight injury,moving probelms,family etc,etc . It could quite easily be something tactical too.

If you want to throw open the doors of conspiracy it explains the apparent interest in Joe Allen !!
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:54 - Aug 12 with 1483 viewsItchySphincter

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:26 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Criticised before he's kicked a ball! Unbelievable!!!

The new escaped goat.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:56 - Aug 12 with 1473 viewsItchySphincter

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:39 - Aug 12 by Darran

"Also, we've got to be majorly worried about Mesa at this stage. Personally I fear for his character more than his ability, he seems too confident and a bit of a hot head"

Fuçk. Ing. Hell.

Exactly - are these guys thick as fack or what??

Jesus wept

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 21:08 - Aug 12 with 1324 viewsFlashberryjack

Thank f*ck Siggy or Lorentte didn't play,

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 21:16 - Aug 12 with 1303 viewsLoyal

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:10 - Aug 12 by Mo_Wives

And on the plus side...we didn't score from a free kick

Did we have one 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 21:56 - Aug 12 with 1249 viewsSTID2017

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:15 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

We've had a glimpse of the movement we're looking to play with.

But have you forgotten?

Siggy and Llorente are still here!!

When the problems have left and been replaced then speak...

My biggest worry is that they may well leave, but not be replaced or replaced adequately.
You seem to already have doubts about Mesa - our biggest signing this window so far.
It's only the first game and nothing is won or lost, but we were lucky that Southampton failed to score from their many chances and that the ref didn't give at least one if not two penalties.
Could have been an opening day pasting.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 21:58 - Aug 12 with 1244 viewsjack2jack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:41 - Aug 12 by Smellyplumz

Clement made several statements that he's very happy with the squad.

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 21:59 - Aug 12 with 1243 viewsSTID2017

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:40 - Aug 12 by Garyjack

He's gonna be this years Baston. I can see it coming!

At least Baston was slagged off after he played - "some" are slagging him (Mesa) off before he's even kicked a PL football mun !
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 22:00]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 01:49 - Aug 13 with 1099 viewsEasternJack

Bookmarking this thread for when Mesa gets going.

He looked the business in preseason and was one of the more highly rated midfielders in the Spanish league last year.

Personally I think PC was being over cautious about exposing him to the pressure of the PL. I expect him to start against Utd

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 02:05 - Aug 13 with 1086 viewsGaryjack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 01:49 - Aug 13 by EasternJack

Bookmarking this thread for when Mesa gets going.

He looked the business in preseason and was one of the more highly rated midfielders in the Spanish league last year.

Personally I think PC was being over cautious about exposing him to the pressure of the PL. I expect him to start against Utd

No need to bookmark it. I'm sure everyone on here hopes he'll be a great success. It's just a tad concerning that an £11m player is not only deemed not 'ready' enough to play in front of a 34 yr old, but not even able to replace him when he's fvcked! Sorry, but i just don't get that! Somethings not right with him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024