Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result 18:51 - Aug 12 with 4954 viewsAl_Bundy

The biggest 0-0 hammering you are ever likely to see. Another day this could well have been 7 or 8.

Closed down and our tempo was pedestrian again.. Tammy isolated for most of the match and we lost count how many times we lost possession in key areas.

Don't want single anybody out here but one individual really needs to look at himself and justify why he is on the pitch.

Point gained never the less lets hope we show up next match.
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:20 - Aug 12 with 3778 viewsdobjack2

All that result emphasises that the first team squad is not good enough.

Can see why we would want Joe - I agree with another poster that fer can only play at the tip of. the diamond and a back up tip at that.

Routledge has given good service but should be a squad player, Rangel has given great service and needs replacing.

There are other weaknesses but these are the obvious ones.
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:27 - Aug 12 with 3729 viewsSmellyplumz

Lol

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:32 - Aug 12 with 3694 viewsItchySphincter

Just back?? It usually takes a good hour just to get away from Southampton!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:40 - Aug 12 with 3643 viewsSwanzay

Clement: I won't talk signings until Sigurdsson is sorted

For me change the word talk for "can't"

Today we got outta gaol and that was an alarm call, we need 2 minimum, our bench says it all!
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:42 - Aug 12 with 3622 viewsswanduck

Yes we all thought it was a poor performance.

Positives can be found in Fabianski's performance and the defence, and of course that we managed to keep a clean sheet.

If you asked me before the game I would have taken a point. Still happy we managed that but at the same time Saints could've been 3/4-0 up by half time...

Reinforcements clearly needed. Our bench looked very weak today.
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:43 - Aug 12 with 3605 viewsSmellyplumz

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:40 - Aug 12 by Swanzay

Today we got outta gaol and that was an alarm call, we need 2 minimum, our bench says it all!

Ok.... I won't can't about signings until sigurdsson is sorted.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:44 - Aug 12 with 3600 viewsPrivate_Partz

I bow to the fact you were there but how can it have been 7 or 8 with only 2 shots on target? I have been to such matches with the goalkeeper leaping all over the place and making half a dozen worldies.
This was not the case today. Ineffective in midfield, linked poorly in attack but our defence was very good and we stuck to the task in hand.
We have had a sh!te transfer window and the standard of play, and the lack of quality on the bench, reflected this.
No players need to look at themselves imho. They are just victims of the cirvumatances our DOF and owners have put them in.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:45 - Aug 12 with 3578 viewsMo_Wives

It was like being raped by a man with erectile dysfunction.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Login to get fewer ads

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:51 - Aug 12 with 3510 viewsAl_Bundy

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:44 - Aug 12 by Private_Partz

I bow to the fact you were there but how can it have been 7 or 8 with only 2 shots on target? I have been to such matches with the goalkeeper leaping all over the place and making half a dozen worldies.
This was not the case today. Ineffective in midfield, linked poorly in attack but our defence was very good and we stuck to the task in hand.
We have had a sh!te transfer window and the standard of play, and the lack of quality on the bench, reflected this.
No players need to look at themselves imho. They are just victims of the cirvumatances our DOF and owners have put them in.

The stats are not correct.. I remember at lest 3 good saves Fabianski made and also blocks in our area by our defence in last ditch attempts from their shots which would also have gone in with Fabianski beaten. We were extremely fortunate to get a point but certainly a point gained.
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:05 - Aug 12 with 3390 viewsymaohyd

Once again our transfer policy has been utterly shambolic. How on earth we have managed to stay up for 6 seasons Is unbelievable.

A mixture of Brendon continuing with the feel good factor of Wembley, Laudrup and his agent and a glut of signings in that second season.

Monk galvanising the squad in terms of attitude, then Guidolin and Clement proving their worth as coaches.

Huw Jenkins since we were promoted deserves some credit, generally we have stayed up inspite rather than because of him.

So along we roll into another season with a weaker squad as it stands compared to a pi ss poor season last year.

We seem utterly incapable of being fluid in the transfer marker, signings take an eternity to go through. I have a certain amount of sympathy with the Gylfi situation, however once again most on here could have done a better job in negotiating and communicating with media and fans.

If we need to get rid of Gylfi and he wants to go then get rid. Don't however put yourselves in a situation of chasing signings that are reliant on Gylfi going and then play hardball, it's all nonsensical.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:31 - Aug 12 with 3264 viewsJonTheJack

Respectfully, don't read into the shots on target. OP was right in that it easily could have been 7 or 8. They were very wasteful with their attempts.
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:34 - Aug 12 with 3242 viewsShonky

Errr. The exact same thing happened last season, only we conceded one goal less this time. We got raped and lost one nil. This season we got raped and drew. That's progress.

Its just a ride...

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:35 - Aug 12 with 3233 viewsDrGonzo

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:31 - Aug 12 by JonTheJack

Respectfully, don't read into the shots on target. OP was right in that it easily could have been 7 or 8. They were very wasteful with their attempts.

Yup, if it was us missing those chances I'd be devastated. Should have buried us.
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:36 - Aug 12 with 3231 viewsjackrabbit

Totally agree. No creativity at all. No connection between the defence and an isolated Tammy. He will soon be demoralised if he gets such a poor service every week. Lukaku must be licking his lips waiting for next Saturday. Soton looked like a team that hadn't scored for 6 home games. If they had a scorer we would have lost 5 or 6 nil. Fabianski was excellent. Thank God there's no transfer talk around him!

Swans need quality reinforcement and fast.

Having said all that, well done for a sterling defensive effort and not giving up. I'll record MoTD tonight as we will be last on and I'm not staying up late to see the highlights of that!
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:42 - Aug 12 with 3169 viewsLoyal

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 19:40 - Aug 12 by Swanzay

Translated.
I won't talk signings because the Americans won't give me any money and if they did its fck all to do with me.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:51 - Aug 12 with 3109 viewsFlashberryjack

"No players need to look at themselves imho"

really ??????
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 21:23]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:58 - Aug 12 with 3069 viewsGriffting

Bad performance today bar a few, but I honestly can't remember the last time we went to Soton and I didn't think 'we should have been battered there', certainly was the case last year. Even that year we won with a Jonjo goal we got battered.
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 21:04 - Aug 12 with 3011 viewsicecoldjack

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:05 - Aug 12 by ymaohyd

Once again our transfer policy has been utterly shambolic. How on earth we have managed to stay up for 6 seasons Is unbelievable.

A mixture of Brendon continuing with the feel good factor of Wembley, Laudrup and his agent and a glut of signings in that second season.

Monk galvanising the squad in terms of attitude, then Guidolin and Clement proving their worth as coaches.

Huw Jenkins since we were promoted deserves some credit, generally we have stayed up inspite rather than because of him.

So along we roll into another season with a weaker squad as it stands compared to a pi ss poor season last year.

We seem utterly incapable of being fluid in the transfer marker, signings take an eternity to go through. I have a certain amount of sympathy with the Gylfi situation, however once again most on here could have done a better job in negotiating and communicating with media and fans.

If we need to get rid of Gylfi and he wants to go then get rid. Don't however put yourselves in a situation of chasing signings that are reliant on Gylfi going and then play hardball, it's all nonsensical.

As per usual, spot on comment.
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 21:22 - Aug 12 with 2882 viewsDrGonzo

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 21:04 - Aug 12 by icecoldjack

As per usual, spot on comment.

Agreed. A summer of planning has led us to this.
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 21:56 - Aug 12 with 2753 viewsPrivate_Partz

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 20:31 - Aug 12 by JonTheJack

Well I am not just reading into that. I saw the efforts that went off target, when my stream was working, and every time there was either a body blocking the shot or they were shepherded wide making the effort ineffective.
Only one header by them I would deem a bad miss. We were away after all and the home team is bound to get some chances.
I think the situation was made worse as we failed to keep possession in midfield and our links going forward were poor. I felt sorry for Tammy. He is goal poacher and this is not possible if there is virtually no action in the oppo's area. The result was wave after wave of attacks coming at us.
I thought it was a good defensive performance and very typical of how we have played at ST Mary's virtually every time we have played there.
Don't get me wrong. The Siggy saga and our dithering DOF is causing us major problems and we are in for a struggle unless he pulls his finger out.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 22:04 - Aug 12 with 2726 viewsSTID2017

In fairness PC said as much (well almost) in his Radio Wales interview.
He was more than happy to get a point

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 22:08 - Aug 12 with 2705 viewsSTID2017

They should have had two penalties, without the one that hit the bar, theone Ollson & Mawson deflected over, the one Naughton deflected round the post, the free kick which Fab didn't move for, that's all I can think about, but I know there were several others blocked or shot wide.
Without the couple that Fab saved.
5 - 0 wouldn't have been unkind

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 22:53 - Aug 12 with 2581 viewsawayjack

Yup they had 29 shots to our 4, a couple on target but they hit the post a few times and lots of scuffed shots with goals wide open. If they had they been able to shoot straight, it could easily have been 4 or 5 nil IMO. Mawson, FF and Fabs deserve a lot of credit. Our midfield, sadly our old guard of Leon and Routs were simply overrun and Fer run out of steam after opening 30 minutes. Carrol struggled with no real tempo or energy from his peers.
Only the opening game and manage me a lucky point, but if that's our approach it's going to be a long season. I don't think Routs or Leon can continue, and with Bartley, McBurnie and Fukton as our subs, hopefully send alarm bells to our DOF this squad is not good enough. Or will he sit there and count the cash and blame the manager?
Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 00:20 - Aug 13 with 2395 viewsraynor94

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 21:56 - Aug 12 by Private_Partz

Well I am not just reading into that. I saw the efforts that went off target, when my stream was working, and every time there was either a body blocking the shot or they were shepherded wide making the effort ineffective.
Only one header by them I would deem a bad miss. We were away after all and the home team is bound to get some chances.
I think the situation was made worse as we failed to keep possession in midfield and our links going forward were poor. I felt sorry for Tammy. He is goal poacher and this is not possible if there is virtually no action in the oppo's area. The result was wave after wave of attacks coming at us.
I thought it was a good defensive performance and very typical of how we have played at ST Mary's virtually every time we have played there.
Don't get me wrong. The Siggy saga and our dithering DOF is causing us major problems and we are in for a struggle unless he pulls his finger out.

Jesus Partzy, you are having a laugh! Good defensive performance! we were garbage. Play like that next week, we'll ship five, that was a worst case scenario performance today

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Just back - Don't be fooled by this Result on 00:49 - Aug 13 with 2307 viewslonglostjack

The defence wasn't bad at defending- it was all the rest that was problematic. On the break we were ponderous and there was no creativity in midfield whatsoever. Caroll was not to be seen though his set pieces were good. Very lucky to come back with a point but a point it was.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024