Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unite the right protests in USA 20:16 - Aug 12 with 8591 viewsr0ckin

Good God, what is going on at the moment. The World is in a very dangerous place and both the moderate right and left need to look at themselves.

[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 20:21]

Peace

Unite the right protests in USA on 20:33 - Aug 12 with 4657 viewsHeadmaster

Didn't see this thread. Violence has escalated, now a state of emergency. A car has just hit anti-fascist protestors. There's 6 injured. I just saw the video on Facebook, it's not very nice.
Unite the right protests in USA on 20:35 - Aug 12 with 4655 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Come on its not surprising at all

There's plenty about who will join in when this gathers pace

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Unite the right protests in USA on 21:14 - Aug 12 with 4615 viewsLoyal

If you take to the streets and oppose others WTF do people expect.
Regardless.
By the way, I've seen bigger pub fights than the BBC footage.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Unite the right protests in USA on 21:35 - Aug 12 with 4588 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Nazi's

Its rife over there -they need to read their history books.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Unite the right protests in USA on 21:46 - Aug 12 with 4569 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Unite the right protests in USA on 22:32 - Aug 12 with 4541 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 21:35 - Aug 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

Nazi's

Its rife over there -they need to read their history books.

Not every nationalist is a Nazi.
Not every opponent is a communist 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Unite the right protests in USA on 22:57 - Aug 12 with 4503 viewsr0ckin

Unite the right protests in USA on 20:33 - Aug 12 by Headmaster

Didn't see this thread. Violence has escalated, now a state of emergency. A car has just hit anti-fascist protestors. There's 6 injured. I just saw the video on Facebook, it's not very nice.

The problem is it's going to get worse, before it gets better.

We are seeing it in this Country as well beneath the surface, a lot of nativist sentiment is sweeping the Country as seen in our recent referendum and aftermath.

I don't see things getting back to equlibrium for a while.

Peace

Unite the right protests in USA on 23:04 - Aug 12 with 4489 viewsphact0rri

I think media and the governments both need to have a good look on themselves. Everything in the news feeds feel like its lines drawn in the sand, hate, and opposition blaming. everytime and MP (or a member of congress in the US) have a chat its mainly just a reason to point a finger at how awful the opposition is making things. and All this "infotainment" journalism is all about positioning themselves on one side of the spectrum to rally hate for the other side.

Its easy to see why many people are so angry and violent, when everywhere you look your beliefs are being attacked, or your reciprocal number is tanking the country.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Unite the right protests in USA on 23:15 - Aug 12 with 4469 viewsexiledclaseboy

trump's rhetoric gives these people succour and validates them. This is just the start.

Poll: Tory leader

Unite the right protests in USA on 23:36 - Aug 12 with 4445 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 23:15 - Aug 12 by exiledclaseboy

trump's rhetoric gives these people succour and validates them. This is just the start.

Not tonight he didn't.

Unite the right protests in USA on 01:19 - Aug 13 with 4392 viewsAnotherJohn

There are deeply unpleasant things happening at both ends of the political spectrum. However, for me one thing to bear in mind is that accepting democratic votes matters. If people think they can overturn votes by taking to the streets then violence will follow.
Unite the right protests in USA on 04:14 - Aug 13 with 4342 viewsHumpty

Unite the right protests in USA on 23:36 - Aug 12 by Loyal

Not tonight he didn't.

Yes he did.

He said it's not his fault and blamed "many sides."

How he calls two sides "many" is something else. There were Nazis and people opposed to Nazis.

Unlike the rest of his party he did not condemn the hundreds, or thousands of armed Nazis marching about, holding torchlit processions, chanting about Jews and murdering people. Which was the cause of all this.

Nah. Can't do that can he? If he did the few who still support him might get a bit fewer.

Just like he refused to disavow the support of these scum months ago. Like David Duke, ex KKK leader.

BTW, here's what David Duke had to say about yesterday.

“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”
Unite the right protests in USA on 04:44 - Aug 13 with 4330 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 04:14 - Aug 13 by Humpty

Yes he did.

He said it's not his fault and blamed "many sides."

How he calls two sides "many" is something else. There were Nazis and people opposed to Nazis.

Unlike the rest of his party he did not condemn the hundreds, or thousands of armed Nazis marching about, holding torchlit processions, chanting about Jews and murdering people. Which was the cause of all this.

Nah. Can't do that can he? If he did the few who still support him might get a bit fewer.

Just like he refused to disavow the support of these scum months ago. Like David Duke, ex KKK leader.

BTW, here's what David Duke had to say about yesterday.

“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

Your knowledge is impressive.
However, he calls them many because that is what they are.
Many.
Not just two sides, but a whole diverse mixture forming two sides.
Honestly, I got it.
It's nice to see America catch up the political divide we have had here in the uk for years.
But Charlottesville aside the car incident was handbags.
And in the main from Spencer and Alex Jones to BLM et al it's laughable bollox and embarrassing.

Unite the right protests in USA on 05:05 - Aug 13 with 4323 viewsHumpty

Unite the right protests in USA on 04:44 - Aug 13 by Loyal

Your knowledge is impressive.
However, he calls them many because that is what they are.
Many.
Not just two sides, but a whole diverse mixture forming two sides.
Honestly, I got it.
It's nice to see America catch up the political divide we have had here in the uk for years.
But Charlottesville aside the car incident was handbags.
And in the main from Spencer and Alex Jones to BLM et al it's laughable bollox and embarrassing.

There we go then. I think we're done.

I'm worried about large crowds of armed Nazis marching in America and killing people months after a deranged idiot President who courted these people got elected. You're worried about Nazis being called Nazis.

I don't think we're going to agree with much.

Good night Loyal. All the best.
Unite the right protests in USA on 05:35 - Aug 13 with 4310 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 05:05 - Aug 13 by Humpty

I'm worried about large crowds of armed Nazis marching in America and killing people months after a deranged idiot President who courted these people got elected. You're worried about Nazis being called Nazis.

👍 I'm more about not labelling people because it's easy.

Unite the right protests in USA on 05:51 - Aug 13 with 4296 viewsHumpty

Unite the right protests in USA on 05:35 - Aug 13 by Loyal

👍 I'm more about not labelling people because it's easy.

I'll label Nazis and their defenders all day.
Unite the right protests in USA on 05:59 - Aug 13 with 4286 viewsLoyal

Unite the right protests in USA on 05:51 - Aug 13 by Humpty

I'll label Nazis and their defenders all day.

That's diffferent and makes more sense.

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:15 - Aug 13 with 4222 viewsadamswan

Unite the right protests in USA on 05:05 - Aug 13 by Humpty

Just to add to your debate, it's this attitude that doesn't help. Nazi is such an emotive word that you are using it to shut down the debate. Loyal is not saying there were not Nazis, he is saying that there were some who are not, that's all. People watching on the tv and the way the news portray yesterday's' event, you'd be forgiven for thinking everyone 'counter protesting" were just concerned civilians, which I'm sure as someone who followed the event you know is not the case. Antifa, who automatically win public opinion with that name, are violent authoritarian communists, and ironically behave more fascist than the nazis racists on the other side. These antifa mace women, hit women with wooden planks, and I've seen one smash a bloke on the head with a bike lock. And it's not just actual nazis they attack, it is ANYONE right of say Bernie Sanders. Identity politics has been pushed by the far left into overdrive this last few years, and yesterday was that agenda coming to fruition.
What Trump said, clumsily, was that both sides displaying violence should be condemned, which they should.
Unite the right protests in USA on 08:18 - Aug 13 with 4210 viewsMo_Wives

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:15 - Aug 13 by adamswan

Just to add to your debate, it's this attitude that doesn't help. Nazi is such an emotive word that you are using it to shut down the debate. Loyal is not saying there were not Nazis, he is saying that there were some who are not, that's all. People watching on the tv and the way the news portray yesterday's' event, you'd be forgiven for thinking everyone 'counter protesting" were just concerned civilians, which I'm sure as someone who followed the event you know is not the case. Antifa, who automatically win public opinion with that name, are violent authoritarian communists, and ironically behave more fascist than the nazis racists on the other side. These antifa mace women, hit women with wooden planks, and I've seen one smash a bloke on the head with a bike lock. And it's not just actual nazis they attack, it is ANYONE right of say Bernie Sanders. Identity politics has been pushed by the far left into overdrive this last few years, and yesterday was that agenda coming to fruition.
What Trump said, clumsily, was that both sides displaying violence should be condemned, which they should.

Great post, Adam.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:31 - Aug 13 with 4193 viewsHeadmaster

The demonstrators are far-right lunatics, including White-Supremacists, Nazis, and idiot racists. There was a counter-protest by anti-fascist protestors.

The far-right terrorist who ran over the protestors has been charged with murder. One person is dead, others injured.

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:45 - Aug 13 with 4160 viewsMo_Wives

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:31 - Aug 13 by Headmaster

The demonstrators are far-right lunatics, including White-Supremacists, Nazis, and idiot racists. There was a counter-protest by anti-fascist protestors.

The far-right terrorist who ran over the protestors has been charged with murder. One person is dead, others injured.

I denounce far-right lunatics who commit acts of violence.

I also denounce far-left lunatics (who you call anti-fascist) who commit acts of violence.

Do you denounce these 'anti-fascists' who have spent the last 18months attacking people with bike locks, pepper spraying women going to listen to talks, hitting unconscious people and smashing up business because people have a different opinion?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:46 - Aug 13 with 4159 viewsadamswan

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:31 - Aug 13 by Headmaster

Show me someone who is countering the argument that there were far right lunatics there, of course there were. However, if you think the counter protestors are merely "anti fascists" then I hate to sound patronising you really don't understand the situation. Both sides are to blame, both, and until everyone who isn't them recognises this, nothing will get better.
Unite the right protests in USA on 08:49 - Aug 13 with 4151 viewsadamswan

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:45 - Aug 13 by Mo_Wives

I also denounce far-left lunatics (who you call anti-fascist) who commit acts of violence.

Do you denounce these 'anti-fascists' who have spent the last 18months attacking people with bike locks, pepper spraying women going to listen to talks, hitting unconscious people and smashing up business because people have a different opinion?

Beat me to it Mo, I had the link ready to go. Glad to see other people understand what's going on.
Unite the right protests in USA on 09:02 - Aug 13 with 4136 viewsMo_Wives

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:49 - Aug 13 by adamswan

Beat me to it Mo, I had the link ready to go. Glad to see other people understand what's going on.

When they write headlines like this...

https://thebolditalic.com/photos-berkeley-protest-against-white-supremacist-milo

About a guy who says things like this...

They end up creating violence to combat a problem that was not there. Then violence leads to more violence.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Unite the right protests in USA on 09:29 - Aug 13 with 4109 viewsHeadmaster

Unite the right protests in USA on 08:45 - Aug 13 by Mo_Wives

Here we go with the 'whataboutery'. Of course I condemn violence from Antifa. All violence is wrong, that much is obvious. My post was about far-right lunatics and Nazis demonstrating in the streets, one of whom mowed down people in a f*cking car. There will always be those who wish violence upon others, on both sides, but let's get real.

The rise of far-right hate crime and terrorism (which we have also seen here, recently at Finsbury Park) is something that should be taken just as seriously as Islamic terrorism. Antifa is the reaction to this (hence the name), and it has a long history emanating from Germany in the 30s. I don't condone the violence, but protesting against fascism is essential.

It's just really sad to see that Nazism still exists in America. And many of them are young people too. To think that their grandparents may have fought against the Nazis in World War II, only for their grandchildren to become one. It's about as un-American as you could possibly be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024