Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing of Clement and the Team 20:16 - Aug 12 with 8107 viewsAl_Bundy

Can this be justified when Abraham got subbed and also when we managed to pass back from the final third to Fabianski booing rang around the away end.

Booing of Clement and the Team on 10:55 - Aug 13 with 1465 viewsraynor94

How much longer can Clement put up with this, it's glaringly obvious how weak the squad is, Gylfi has to go pronto and the proceeds given to him. Or he will surely run out of patience, and we could lose a top notch coaching team

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Booing of Clement and the Team on 10:59 - Aug 13 with 1450 viewsPrivate_Partz

Booing of Clement and the Team on 10:55 - Aug 13 by raynor94

How much longer can Clement put up with this, it's glaringly obvious how weak the squad is, Gylfi has to go pronto and the proceeds given to him. Or he will surely run out of patience, and we could lose a top notch coaching team

That is my worry as well Rayns. Jenkins has a record of pi$$ing managers off right back as far as Martinez.
Clem is an honourable man but will he let his stock fall because his DOF can't organise a p!ss up in a brewery?
He could walk if we trouser 50m on the last day of the window then leave him to cope with what he has got now.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Booing of Clement and the Team on 11:05 - Aug 13 with 1433 viewsdobjack2

Booing of Clement and the Team on 10:55 - Aug 13 by raynor94

It's why Everton have been waiting. They clearly know we have to sell to recruit and that the main difference between now and last season is that our top scorer and top assists player aren't playing.

More pressure on us to come down to what they are offering.
Booing of Clement and the Team on 11:07 - Aug 13 with 1430 viewscostalotta

Booing of Clement and the Team on 10:59 - Aug 13 by Private_Partz

That is my worry as well Rayns. Jenkins has a record of pi$$ing managers off right back as far as Martinez.
Clem is an honourable man but will he let his stock fall because his DOF can't organise a p!ss up in a brewery?
He could walk if we trouser 50m on the last day of the window then leave him to cope with what he has got now.

We should have been improving the squad regardless. Haven't we learned anything as a club? We seem to be getting worse at recruitment (minus last Jan) over the last 3 or 4 years. So many failed signings. That's it, perhaps he knows he's (HJ) shite and now can't be bothered.

He's got a track record of ph cking things up and unluckily for the club seems to be taking it to a whole new level. But there again, he did promise that; take us to a new level.
Booing of Clement and the Team on 11:54 - Aug 13 with 1380 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Booing of Clement and the Team on 11:07 - Aug 13 by costalotta

We should have been improving the squad regardless. Haven't we learned anything as a club? We seem to be getting worse at recruitment (minus last Jan) over the last 3 or 4 years. So many failed signings. That's it, perhaps he knows he's (HJ) shite and now can't be bothered.

He's got a track record of ph cking things up and unluckily for the club seems to be taking it to a whole new level. But there again, he did promise that; take us to a new level.

First game of a new season, with two of our best attacking options not available, at a place we have only won at once since 1953. You have be a special kind of village idiot to boo the manager for coming back with a point.
Booing of Clement and the Team on 11:59 - Aug 13 with 1373 viewsheadcleaner

Booing of Clement and the Team on 11:54 - Aug 13 by Townhill_Hilton

First game of a new season, with two of our best attacking options not available, at a place we have only won at once since 1953. You have be a special kind of village idiot to boo the manager for coming back with a point.

I don't think people were booing the manager to be fair but the situation he's been put in. Our "Big" summer signing was on the bench being put there by Leon who is well into the Indian summer of his playing days and then when we are really under the cosh he brings on Kyle Effin Bartley and a pair of rookie kids. what does this say about our squad? So I don't think it was booing PC's tactics as such.
Booing of Clement and the Team on 12:11 - Aug 13 with 1357 viewsFireboy2

Booing of Clement and the Team on 22:12 - Aug 12 by Swanzay

Hes basically trying to be a manager with one arm tied behind his back, how long before he stops and says enough is enough, we need to invest irrespective!

This is something alot of people cannot see

The siggy saga is starting to concern me as its obvious we wont buy until we sell which as a few have stated plays into evertons sly greedy hands

We all know that we are short of at least 3 half decent signings,the yanks and big nose are looking like they will try to chance our PL survival again but will PC put up with it is the big question

Im sure he will have come to us with a promise of funds for players if we stay in the PL just hope and pray that the tickets keep their promise
Booing of Clement and the Team on 12:14 - Aug 13 with 1350 viewsTNT

Booing of Clement and the Team on 23:15 - Aug 12 by Borojack

Yes they were a group stood behind me were booing very loudly.
The guy sat next to me shouted shut up you fukcing pricks.
But by all means if it makes you feel better pretend it didn't happen.

The fans weren't booing the team.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Booing of Clement and the Team on 12:34 - Aug 13 with 1310 viewsmax936

The booing should be directed at the Yanks but mostly Jenkins and his cronies despicable bastards the lot of them, so them on Tele last week sitting in the Stand at the Tatey testimonial all there in all their refinery all bought off the back of selling their souls to the Yanks, Next Level see........

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Booing of Clement and the Team on 12:40 - Aug 13 with 1301 viewsBorojack

Booing of Clement and the Team on 12:14 - Aug 13 by TNT

The fans weren't booing the team.

They were booing Clement and his negative substitution.
Taking off our only attacking threat and playing 6 at the back.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Booing of Clement and the Team on 12:44 - Aug 13 with 1292 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Booing of Clement and the Team on 11:59 - Aug 13 by headcleaner

I don't think people were booing the manager to be fair but the situation he's been put in. Our "Big" summer signing was on the bench being put there by Leon who is well into the Indian summer of his playing days and then when we are really under the cosh he brings on Kyle Effin Bartley and a pair of rookie kids. what does this say about our squad? So I don't think it was booing PC's tactics as such.

He probably sees Mesa as someone to bring on when we are going for the points rather than protecting them. I am not going to start criticising the Gaffer any time soon. He knows the squad and their strengths and weaknesses, and the proof is in the pudding - a point to kick the season off. I'll take that any time of asking. I think we will see Mesa start next match, and I think we will see the Gylfi saga come to an end this week, and I will be well pleased if that also means the return of Joe and big Wilfreid.
Booing of Clement and the Team on 13:00 - Aug 13 with 1271 viewsBorojack

Booing of Clement and the Team on 12:44 - Aug 13 by Townhill_Hilton

He probably sees Mesa as someone to bring on when we are going for the points rather than protecting them. I am not going to start criticising the Gaffer any time soon. He knows the squad and their strengths and weaknesses, and the proof is in the pudding - a point to kick the season off. I'll take that any time of asking. I think we will see Mesa start next match, and I think we will see the Gylfi saga come to an end this week, and I will be well pleased if that also means the return of Joe and big Wilfreid.

Wild will only sign if Llorente goes.
Besides why would we need Tammy Llorente Wilf and Ollie if we are only playing 1 up top.

Booing of Clement and the Team on 13:08 - Aug 13 with 1263 viewscostalotta

Eh? What are you on about? Where in that post did I say it's ok to boo the manager or players? I never have and never will.
Booing of Clement and the Team on 13:18 - Aug 13 with 1255 viewssquarebear

Shutting up shop / scrapping for a point away from home because your squad is gash is ok, I think. But it's playing at home with gash players where things are likely to really come unstuck.
Booing of Clement and the Team on 13:38 - Aug 13 with 1229 viewsBorojack

Booing of Clement and the Team on 13:18 - Aug 13 by squarebear

Shutting up shop / scrapping for a point away from home because your squad is gash is ok, I think. But it's playing at home with gash players where things are likely to really come unstuck.

Get the Sigurdsson situation sorted get a couple of players in get Messa and Llorente up to speed and things will be looking a lot better.
A very good point yesterday but we were poor and got lucky with there finishing.

Booing of Clement and the Team on 13:47 - Aug 13 with 1221 viewsYossarian

Booing of Clement and the Team on 09:24 - Aug 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'm sure you have.

I'm also just as sure that, based on everything that has been said about Mesa by people who've watched a lot more football than either one of us, it's ridiculous to assume that Mesa joined this club against our manager's wishes.

Why? It's happened before and at many clubs. Perhaps the most recent example is Baston- not given a kick by Guidolin, Bob or Clement. Listen carefully to his comments on Mesa and you can come to the conclusion that he wasn't Clement's choice. I suppose the way the season progresses will tell us more.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Booing of Clement and the Team on 13:50 - Aug 13 with 1218 viewsYossarian

Booing of Clement and the Team on 09:27 - Aug 13 by Earl_Strickland

Oh a ruthless riposte that. so sorry to offend.
Lovely day mind.

Well my Dad died recently from oesophageal cancer and it was an ordeal- so perhaps I over-reacted to the Dad reference- but it's easy to offend behind a keyboard isn't it?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Booing of Clement and the Team on 14:08 - Aug 13 with 1193 viewsThornburyswan

Booing of Clement and the Team on 20:32 - Aug 12 by jack2jack

Never ever boo'd our players,never will either,each to their own I suppose.

This - will never help the players on the pitch at the time, if you have to boo leave it until the final whistle.
Booing of Clement and the Team on 15:30 - Aug 13 with 1162 viewsawayjack

A majority of fans were booing so very classy to label the heart of our support who spend time and money following our team as village idiots? I didn't boo personaly but sympathise with the emotions of our fans who expected our new £11m signing to come on to shore up our overrun midfield, not a previously failed CB as sub. Out of interest were you there Townhill to have any sense on what provoked the booing?
Booing of Clement and the Team on 16:06 - Aug 13 with 1141 viewsjojaca

Paying customers are entitled to show discontent, shutting up shop drawing 0-0 away from home with 10/15 minutes left was very frustrating and not playing our main summer signing. The reality also sunk in that we have one the poorest teams/squads in the league, yesterday was light years behind the 5-1 away win at QPR.

Even when you know, you never know?

Booing of Clement and the Team on 16:18 - Aug 13 with 1120 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Booing of Clement and the Team on 16:06 - Aug 13 by jojaca

Paying customers are entitled to show discontent, shutting up shop drawing 0-0 away from home with 10/15 minutes left was very frustrating and not playing our main summer signing. The reality also sunk in that we have one the poorest teams/squads in the league, yesterday was light years behind the 5-1 away win at QPR.

And who's fault is it that we are in that position?
Not PC's, he can only work with what he has and that is a lot less than last year.
He is in fact in exactly the same position as Guido was at the start of last season.
If people on here can't see the parallels I am disappointed.
Booing of Clement and the Team on 17:43 - Aug 13 with 1066 viewsAguycalledJack

Booing of Clement and the Team on 16:06 - Aug 13 by jojaca

I remember my grandfather telling a story when the swans had been particularly bad. He approached Andy Legg before one game in the cafe come shop that used to be behind the old centre stand at the vetch. Conversation went something like, not too good last week leggy. Legg's response, no it wasn't, but we players don't deliberately want to play badly.

The point is the players we are relying on are not up to scratch or unfortunately are past their best. What good does booing the player / team after a bad performance do? It only serves to knock confidence etc.

Why not just get behind the team and then vent the frustration on the sell outs and the Americans? As they are the ones who are truly underperforming in their roles.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 17:44]
Booing of Clement and the Team on 21:36 - Aug 13 with 989 viewsjack2jack

Booing of Clement and the Team on 10:59 - Aug 13 by Private_Partz

This^
I seem to recall it was our main worry when PC was appointed.Now it looks like he's p!ssed off already,well done Huw!
Booing of Clement and the Team on 22:50 - Aug 13 with 967 viewsJackFish

You can see why he made the subs, we weren't looking like scoring and had nothing really on the bench to improve our attacking options, so may as well protect the point. Just shows how weak our squad is though when they've got Long and Austin to come off the bench and we're relying on McBurnie and Jay Fulton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024