Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Draw ugly every away match 20:28 - Aug 12 with 3078 viewsJackfath

Would you take parking the bus and having to endure poor performances if it ensured us staying up at the end of the season? A more attacking FFF type game at home to turn the Liberty into a fortress too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Draw ugly every away match on 20:34 - Aug 12 with 1840 viewsjackrabbit

No. Away matches take a lot of time, effort and expense. I wouldn't repeat today's experience on a regular basis. The only positive note was the point gained...............and the free ice cream outside the ground.
Draw ugly every away match on 20:35 - Aug 12 with 1834 viewsCooperman

Bigger teams than us have parked the preverbial bus.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Draw ugly every away match on 20:44 - Aug 12 with 1813 viewsLoyal

Draw ugly every away match on 20:34 - Aug 12 by jackrabbit

No. Away matches take a lot of time, effort and expense. I wouldn't repeat today's experience on a regular basis. The only positive note was the point gained...............and the free ice cream outside the ground.

Thing is does it beat league 2 games away from home ?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 20:59]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Draw ugly every away match on 20:47 - Aug 12 with 1787 viewsdickythorpe

As long as we win our home gains then it's a yes Fath!!!
Draw ugly every away match on 20:49 - Aug 12 with 1785 viewsOldjack

No, and there's no need for it ,think positive at all times

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Draw ugly every away match on 20:53 - Aug 12 with 1778 viewsMo_Wives

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Draw ugly every away match on 20:54 - Aug 12 with 1770 viewsCooperman

Draw ugly every away match on 20:49 - Aug 12 by Oldjack

No, and there's no need for it ,think positive at all times

You can't go away from home these days with an attacking intent; you'll get picked off in no time at all.

Safety first is the mindset these days, even with the big boys.

Draw ugly every away match on 21:32 - Aug 12 with 1696 viewssP7qupUf

Draw ugly every away match on 20:35 - Aug 12 by Cooperman

Bigger teams than us have parked the preverbial bus.

I don't mind parking the bus but I don't like parking it with the handbrake on which is what we did today. I went to the game and was very concerned with the lack of ambition. Their centre backs were walking with the ball in the second half. On the odd occasion when we broke we slowed it down as the person in possession had nobody to pass to. Also, the number of times we gave the ball away needlessly in dangerous areas was a great concern.
Login to get fewer ads

Draw ugly every away match on 21:44 - Aug 12 with 1657 viewsPrivate_Partz

I wouldn't want us to turn into a hoofball West Brom / Stike type team permananetly. However I would put up with ugly football every game on a shorter term basis provide we keep our top flight status. Imho it is vital to both club and city.
There will be a time when we can return to attractive entertaining and winning football when the current bunch of incompetent directors and owners have moved on or are shown the door.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 7:29]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Draw ugly every away match on 22:09 - Aug 12 with 1622 viewsOldjack

Draw ugly every away match on 21:32 - Aug 12 by sP7qupUf

I don't mind parking the bus but I don't like parking it with the handbrake on which is what we did today. I went to the game and was very concerned with the lack of ambition. Their centre backs were walking with the ball in the second half. On the odd occasion when we broke we slowed it down as the person in possession had nobody to pass to. Also, the number of times we gave the ball away needlessly in dangerous areas was a great concern.

Spot on ,i remember the commentator saying, we're sitting back and looking to hit them on the break .......... i laughed aloud i really did

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Draw ugly every away match on 22:11 - Aug 12 with 1615 viewsOldjack

Draw ugly every away match on 20:54 - Aug 12 by Cooperman

You can't go away from home these days with an attacking intent; you'll get picked off in no time at all.

Safety first is the mindset these days, even with the big boys.

you won't see the top teams doing that ,that's why they're top teams ,fact ,I'd say park the bus against them ,but not the rest .no chance

Draw ugly every away match on 22:12 - Aug 12 with 1609 viewsJackfath

Draw ugly every away match on 22:11 - Aug 12 by Oldjack

you won't see the top teams doing that ,that's why they're top teams ,fact ,I'd say park the bus against them ,but not the rest .no chance

Park the bus, get a draw away from home, attack and go for three at home.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Draw ugly every away match on 22:16 - Aug 12 with 1595 viewsdickythorpe

38 games

19 away draws equals 19 points

19 home wins equals 57 points

Total 76 points

I'd bite your arm off
Draw ugly every away match on 22:17 - Aug 12 with 1594 viewsJackfath

Draw ugly every away match on 22:16 - Aug 12 by dickythorpe

38 games

19 away draws equals 19 points

19 home wins equals 57 points

Total 76 points

I'd bite your arm off

Don't bite Darran's arm off ffs.

Draw ugly every away match on 22:17 - Aug 12 with 1593 viewsOldjack

Draw ugly every away match on 22:12 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Park the bus, get a draw away from home, attack and go for three at home.

Lady luck was the best player for us today

Draw ugly every away match on 22:21 - Aug 12 with 1575 viewsDarran

Draw ugly every away match on 22:17 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Don't bite Darran's arm off ffs.

I'm going to order the Mods to ban him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Draw ugly every away match on 22:25 - Aug 12 with 1562 viewsdickythorpe

Draw ugly every away match on 22:21 - Aug 12 by Darran

I'm going to order the Mods to ban him.

Get that Norwich manager onto me!!!!!
Draw ugly every away match on 22:32 - Aug 12 with 1546 viewsDarran

Draw ugly every away match on 22:25 - Aug 12 by dickythorpe

Get that Norwich manager onto me!!!!!

I'm going to get Delia to bite your nose off then cook it for you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Draw ugly every away match on 23:50 - Aug 12 with 1472 viewsawayjack

We stole the point today and not many other teams will blow as many chances as Soton. 29 shots and only 2 on target, but they had numerous open chances that they either scuffed shots or blasted wide. They were also very poor in air so Mawson/FF dominated our box. Our midfield was completely overrun today and lost the ball countless times, put no pressure on ball and looked slow and actually unfit. If we can't get basics right in midfield and put pressure on the ball, we'll be in for a few hammerings. Don't be fooled by the point - we we're outclassed today by an average Southamton team with no arial threat and striker the had a shocker. We won't get way with a point with that performance many times this season.
Draw ugly every away match on 01:14 - Aug 13 with 1394 viewsCooperman

Draw ugly every away match on 22:11 - Aug 12 by Oldjack

I don't agree with that. I've seen many a top team set themselves up not to concede away from home; recent Mourinho teams have been synonymous with this approach.

Granted that say Man City wouldn't do it when away to Sunderland (sorry Mackems for using you as an example).

In the case of us, I'm in no doubt that we would have lost that game 12 months ago but we didn't. We're now more organised and working as a unit.

Draw ugly every away match on 05:24 - Aug 13 with 1316 viewsdameedna

We did allright. Other teams do the same.

For example when not in possession if Tom challenged for the ball in their half and they kept a hold of it, Tom retreated 40m to sit not far in front of our own box.

That made Souths chance in the main difficult to score.

Undortunately we wer not breaking like the top teams but score and the pressure is on Souths and that can kead to more counters and gaps.

That will be the pattern in away games.
Draw ugly every away match on 06:49 - Aug 13 with 1266 viewsmarchamjack

If i knew i was up for that performance every away game no way id go. Hideous to watch or endure to be more accurate.

Entertainment anyone...

In fairness though, manys the time the game has spoilt a good away day out 😁

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Draw ugly every away match on 07:14 - Aug 13 with 1243 viewsYossarian

Draw ugly every away match on 21:44 - Aug 12 by Private_Partz

I wouldn't want us to turn into a hoofball West Brom / Stike type team permananetly. However I would put up with ugly football every game on a shorter term basis provide we keep our top flight status. Imho it is vital to both club and city.
There will be a time when we can return to attractive entertaining and winning football when the current bunch of incompetent directors and owners have moved on or are shown the door.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 7:29]

Agree with this- but the evidence points to the fact that under the current arrangements the return of attractive football might be a consequence of relegation. The lack of investment in the team is unforgivable. When will this lot truly realise that the team comes first- not the takeover, the Academy or the ground purchase. Without PL status everything else goes down the pan. We were stronger under a Rodgers and Laudrup. Since then there has been an inexorable decline- caused by lack of quality investment in the playing staf and no sign of that changing. That is the undeniable fact- and my question to Jenkins is- what actually have been the lessons learnt then?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Draw ugly every away match on 07:19 - Aug 13 with 1237 viewsYossarian

Draw ugly every away match on 23:50 - Aug 12 by awayjack

We stole the point today and not many other teams will blow as many chances as Soton. 29 shots and only 2 on target, but they had numerous open chances that they either scuffed shots or blasted wide. They were also very poor in air so Mawson/FF dominated our box. Our midfield was completely overrun today and lost the ball countless times, put no pressure on ball and looked slow and actually unfit. If we can't get basics right in midfield and put pressure on the ball, we'll be in for a few hammerings. Don't be fooled by the point - we we're outclassed today by an average Southamton team with no arial threat and striker the had a shocker. We won't get way with a point with that performance many times this season.

Spot on. The midfield is simply not good enough and this has been true for a couple of seasons now. Without players who can retain possession and actually create chances we are stuffed. We need three in- and fast!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Draw ugly every away match on 07:35 - Aug 13 with 1205 viewspencoedjack

Draw ugly every away match on 06:49 - Aug 13 by marchamjack

If i knew i was up for that performance every away game no way id go. Hideous to watch or endure to be more accurate.

Entertainment anyone...

In fairness though, manys the time the game has spoilt a good away day out 😁

Agree

I go to football to be entertained yesterday's performance was totally shocking from an entertainment point of view.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024