Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Draw ugly every away match 20:28 - Aug 12 with 3079 viewsJackfath

Would you take parking the bus and having to endure poor performances if it ensured us staying up at the end of the season? A more attacking FFF type game at home to turn the Liberty into a fortress too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Draw ugly every away match on 09:03 - Aug 13 with 1222 viewsSTID2017

Draw ugly every away match on 21:44 - Aug 12 by Private_Partz

I wouldn't want us to turn into a hoofball West Brom / Stike type team permananetly. However I would put up with ugly football every game on a shorter term basis provide we keep our top flight status. Imho it is vital to both club and city.
There will be a time when we can return to attractive entertaining and winning football when the current bunch of incompetent directors and owners have moved on or are shown the door.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 7:29]

Didn't you know that without Gylfi and Llorente we are going to turn into Barca overnight ... according to some

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Draw ugly every away match on 14:14 - Aug 13 with 1172 viewsr0ckin

For me it's common sense, there are some games that you look to just 'get a result' - for me this was one. First game of the season, I'm more than happy for a park the bus style.

I say that as someone who advocates offensive, passing style football. But you have to be pragmatic, we don't want to fall into the trap early of chasing teams in the league. We want a solid foundation before we become more enterprising.

It's play the conditions, the opposition and the setup.

I'll say it again, good point.

Peace

Draw ugly every away match on 17:04 - Aug 13 with 1144 viewsangryjack

Thing is we didn't set out to park bus had no choice
Draw ugly every away match on 11:24 - Aug 14 with 1111 viewssomersetsimon

Draw ugly every away match on 17:04 - Aug 13 by angryjack

Thing is we didn't set out to park bus had no choice

That was good management. We might have planned something different, but once the match starts and you realise it's tougher than you thought, some of your players are off form or the opposition is just better on the day, then you have to change tack and become more defensive.

I think it was Mike Tyson who once said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

I certainly believe we would have lost that match under most of our previous managers.
Draw ugly every away match on 11:37 - Aug 14 with 1106 viewssomersetsimon

Draw ugly every away match on 22:16 - Aug 12 by dickythorpe

38 games

19 away draws equals 19 points

19 home wins equals 57 points

Total 76 points

I'd bite your arm off

What's our highest number of away points in a PL season?
Draw ugly every away match on 12:11 - Aug 14 with 1074 viewsplasjack

19 away draws or 7 away wins, I'll take the latter please.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024