Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence 20:28 - Aug 12 with 31112 viewsHeadmaster

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/charlottesville-pro

Some graphic footage.
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:13 - Aug 20 with 1347 viewsShaky

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 07:57 - Aug 20 by Highjack

On a vaguely related note I do think it's terribly wrong to destroy old statues and war monuments to the dead because the historical people involved are not compatible to modern ideals.

You do realise the confederacy was a rebellion against the lawful democratic government of the nation, right?

That's got nothing to do with ideals. The correct analogy would be Darth Vader erecting statues to Luke.

Not right is it; see the point here?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:19 - Aug 20 with 1338 viewsHighjack

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:13 - Aug 20 by Shaky

You do realise the confederacy was a rebellion against the lawful democratic government of the nation, right?

That's got nothing to do with ideals. The correct analogy would be Darth Vader erecting statues to Luke.

Not right is it; see the point here?

It's a huge part of that nations history. Let's go to Scotland and smash up the William Wallace memorial in Stirling then see how that goes down.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:24 - Aug 20 with 1328 viewswobbly

There was a fair bit of violence on both sides during world war 2. We were still on the side of the good guys.
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:25 - Aug 20 with 1322 viewsFieryJack

I can see the Captain Cat statue down the marina getting it tonight, followed by Swansea Jack on the sea front.
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:35 - Aug 20 with 1311 viewsShaky

And of course the extent to which violence is justified depends on which side is doing it.

The Nazi/KKK/White supremacists are self-confessed racists who have a demonstrated track record of acting violently in pursuit of that, and suppressing the democratic rights of those who oppose them including by force.

The paradox of tolerance tells us that any means including violence are justified to suppress intolerant ideologies that would otherwise take away our democratic rights if they get into power .

Of course the use of violence should be a last resort so the question facing those concerned with these issues is to what extent is democracy at risk in the US? And the answer certainly appears to be quite seriously, with a president in the White House openly courting the KKK, ultra nationalists in key position within his staff including chief political strategist, and the alt-right generally rampant on social media.

However, recent turnouts in alt-right demonstrations reveal small bands of loonies, which tends to suggest the forceful and fearful looking alt-right social media presence was largely a figment of the imagination conjured up by Russian Military intelligence and their bot networks.

On this basis violence is not really an appropriate response and concerned citizens would now do well to emulate the shining example of this shite musician:

[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 14:41]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:40 - Aug 20 with 1306 viewsShaky

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:19 - Aug 20 by Highjack

It's a huge part of that nations history. Let's go to Scotland and smash up the William Wallace memorial in Stirling then see how that goes down.

Yes the traitorous Confederacy is a huge and shameful part of America's history.

By all means head up to Scotland a vandalise Stirling and you will be dealt with by the laws and judicial system of another nation. Go get 'em tiger.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:52 - Aug 20 with 1285 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:00 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

I'll continue to indulge you for a while. You're clearly enjoying yourself.

1a - partly yes. But as you've said, both sides committed violence on this occasion. Throughout history, violence has been used as a means of achieving political aims. There are scores of examples so it'd be silly to denounce ALL political violence. But it's fairly obvious that a person's view of whether that violence can be justified or not will depend on whether they're sympathetic to the cause.

1b - I don't know what a "millennial brat" is. I'm assuming it's the kind of identity politics youbreckon you have no time for. But anyway, on principle I wouldn't support vigilantism but again I can envisage that there could be situations in which I could feel that it's justified.

2 - You don't think trump is "partisan". Ha ha ha ha and, indeed, ha.

3.- I could quite happily call you a racist and not feel that I'd have to back it up. It might be just an opinion I had formed from reading your posts. I'm not saying I think you're a racist (although I'm not saying I don't think you're a racist either) just that if I did I wouldn't feel beholden to back my opinion up or apologise.

Let me boil this down for you. I am happy to absolutely and without equivocation condemn white supremacists, neo nazis, the KKK and anyone else who considers themselves superior to or of a higher race to someone else purely because their skin is white. The very concept it's ridiculous to me. I absolutely won't offer the same condemnation to anyone who stands up to oppose these people.

My sister said to tell you to "f*ck off ya daft racist". (Joke - as you're so fond of saying).
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 14:50]

1a - So you won't condemn both...no if's or buts. Your side being right is more important? and why are you mentioning "ALL political violence"...I never mentioned it. I'm say both sides of this political violence. Strawman

1b- More filibustering.

2 - No, I think he is less partisan than YOU. He would have sailed through my questions without filibustering.

3 - If I was to accuse you of something as serious as being a racist I would absolutely feel the need to back it up. I guess we all hold ourselves to different standards.

I agree with your stance on W.S, KKK and neo Nazis. They are all idiots. I will also say I denounce any group calling for racial segregation, like those mentioned above and, because I don't treat people by different standards depending on their skin colour (because I am not a racist) Black lives matter.
Tell me, without filibustering, do you denounce Black lives matter?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:58 - Aug 20 with 1277 viewsexiledclaseboy

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:52 - Aug 20 by Mo_Wives

1a - So you won't condemn both...no if's or buts. Your side being right is more important? and why are you mentioning "ALL political violence"...I never mentioned it. I'm say both sides of this political violence. Strawman

1b- More filibustering.

2 - No, I think he is less partisan than YOU. He would have sailed through my questions without filibustering.

3 - If I was to accuse you of something as serious as being a racist I would absolutely feel the need to back it up. I guess we all hold ourselves to different standards.

I agree with your stance on W.S, KKK and neo Nazis. They are all idiots. I will also say I denounce any group calling for racial segregation, like those mentioned above and, because I don't treat people by different standards depending on their skin colour (because I am not a racist) Black lives matter.
Tell me, without filibustering, do you denounce Black lives matter?

No.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:00 - Aug 20 with 1272 viewsShaky

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:58 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

No.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:02 - Aug 20 with 1264 viewsexiledclaseboy

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:00 - Aug 20 by Shaky

Well I didn't want to filibuster.

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:10 - Aug 20 with 1260 viewsShaky

BLM context:

Dashcam video shows police sexually assaulted Texas woman, lawyer says

Attorney for Charnesia Corley, who was pulled over for allegedly running a stop sign, releases video showing her examined while naked below the waist

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/16/charnesia-corley-houston-texas-p

Donald Trump Kept Calling Lil Jon an ‘Uncle Tom’ on Celebrity Apprentice

The Donald didn’t seem to understand that the term was a slur, and kept using it even after that was explained to him

http://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-kept-calling-lil-jon-an-uncle-tom-on-c

White police officer shoots off-duty black officer in St Louis

The white officer was among those chasing gunmen in a stolen car when the officer with 11 years of service came out of his home armed with his police-issue gun to help.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/white-police-officer-shoots-off-duty-black-o
He was shot in the arm and was taken to hospital in St Louis, Missouri.

Police Account Changes in Killing of Texas 15-Year-Old

As family and friends mourned the death of a 15-year-old boy shot in the head by a police officer in a Dallas suburb over the weekend, the police chief said Monday that new evidence showed the killing did not unfold the way the authorities had originally claimed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/us/dallas-police-teen-shooting.html

Police: White sword killer went to NY to attack black people

NEW YORK (AP) – A white U.S. Army veteran from Baltimore bent on making a racist attack took a bus to New York, the "media capital of the world," randomly picked out a black man who was collecting bottles on the street and killed him with a sword, police said Wednesday.

https://apnews.com/c49009c8840f44acad6642a306556fed/Police:-Man-accused-of-murde

Read the letter the FBI sent MLK to try to convince him to kill himself

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/11/12/7204453/martin-luther-king-fbi-letter

Black Man Receives Apology for Abuse From NYPD

On Monday, a black man named James Blake was assaulted by a New York City police officer outside his east Midtown hotel. The officer executed what his commissioner later called a “fast approach” takedown on Blake–grabbed his arm, threw him to the ground, and cuffed him–and leaving him cut, bruised and in cuffs for 10 to 15 minutes, all for a crime he didn’t commit. The only difference between Blake’s experience and that of countless other black men in New York is that he received an apology.

James Blake, you see, is a famous tennis star. In fact, the officer only released Blake after a retired cop on the scene recognized him from his accomplishments on the court, which are considerable: before he retired in 2013, he was once ranked the fourth-best men’s tennis player in the world.

http://gawker.com/black-man-receives-apology-for-abuse-from-nypd-1729897835?utm_

Etc, etc ad nauseam

Misology -- It's a bitch

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:15 - Aug 20 with 1256 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:35 - Aug 20 by Shaky

And of course the extent to which violence is justified depends on which side is doing it.

The Nazi/KKK/White supremacists are self-confessed racists who have a demonstrated track record of acting violently in pursuit of that, and suppressing the democratic rights of those who oppose them including by force.

The paradox of tolerance tells us that any means including violence are justified to suppress intolerant ideologies that would otherwise take away our democratic rights if they get into power .

Of course the use of violence should be a last resort so the question facing those concerned with these issues is to what extent is democracy at risk in the US? And the answer certainly appears to be quite seriously, with a president in the White House openly courting the KKK, ultra nationalists in key position within his staff including chief political strategist, and the alt-right generally rampant on social media.

However, recent turnouts in alt-right demonstrations reveal small bands of loonies, which tends to suggest the forceful and fearful looking alt-right social media presence was largely a figment of the imagination conjured up by Russian Military intelligence and their bot networks.

On this basis violence is not really an appropriate response and concerned citizens would now do well to emulate the shining example of this shite musician:

[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 14:41]

Tell me, Shakes, do you think the best way to deal with a KKK march is to have a bunch of f*cking idiots, in masks, with weapons take the law into their own hands? Or should we debate them?...say to any white kids watching, these peoples ideas are wrong and here is why...

And you blame Trump, but the truth is, according to the young people joining the alt-right that I have spoke to, the reason they are joining the alt-right in droves is because of batshit insane, left wing bullshit, like Evergreen college. Lets listen to white nationalist figure head Jared Taylor thanking Black lives matter...

I don't like these people and I can't change their ideas. What I can do is try and convince people not to join. The best way is debunking their arguments...NOT BY BEATING THEM IN THE F*CKING STREET AND MAKING THEM SEEM LIKE VICTIMS. Please denounce both sides.

And you talk about a threat to democracy. Have you forgot Antifa and other left wing cry babies smashing up cities because they lost an election? or were they 'tilting at Nazis'?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:15 - Aug 20 with 1254 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:58 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

No.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:18 - Aug 20 with 1253 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:10 - Aug 20 by Shaky

BLM context:

Dashcam video shows police sexually assaulted Texas woman, lawyer says

Attorney for Charnesia Corley, who was pulled over for allegedly running a stop sign, releases video showing her examined while naked below the waist

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/16/charnesia-corley-houston-texas-p

Donald Trump Kept Calling Lil Jon an ‘Uncle Tom’ on Celebrity Apprentice

The Donald didn’t seem to understand that the term was a slur, and kept using it even after that was explained to him

http://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-kept-calling-lil-jon-an-uncle-tom-on-c

White police officer shoots off-duty black officer in St Louis

The white officer was among those chasing gunmen in a stolen car when the officer with 11 years of service came out of his home armed with his police-issue gun to help.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/white-police-officer-shoots-off-duty-black-o
He was shot in the arm and was taken to hospital in St Louis, Missouri.

Police Account Changes in Killing of Texas 15-Year-Old

As family and friends mourned the death of a 15-year-old boy shot in the head by a police officer in a Dallas suburb over the weekend, the police chief said Monday that new evidence showed the killing did not unfold the way the authorities had originally claimed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/us/dallas-police-teen-shooting.html

Police: White sword killer went to NY to attack black people

NEW YORK (AP) – A white U.S. Army veteran from Baltimore bent on making a racist attack took a bus to New York, the "media capital of the world," randomly picked out a black man who was collecting bottles on the street and killed him with a sword, police said Wednesday.

https://apnews.com/c49009c8840f44acad6642a306556fed/Police:-Man-accused-of-murde

Read the letter the FBI sent MLK to try to convince him to kill himself

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/11/12/7204453/martin-luther-king-fbi-letter

Black Man Receives Apology for Abuse From NYPD

On Monday, a black man named James Blake was assaulted by a New York City police officer outside his east Midtown hotel. The officer executed what his commissioner later called a “fast approach” takedown on Blake–grabbed his arm, threw him to the ground, and cuffed him–and leaving him cut, bruised and in cuffs for 10 to 15 minutes, all for a crime he didn’t commit. The only difference between Blake’s experience and that of countless other black men in New York is that he received an apology.

James Blake, you see, is a famous tennis star. In fact, the officer only released Blake after a retired cop on the scene recognized him from his accomplishments on the court, which are considerable: before he retired in 2013, he was once ranked the fourth-best men’s tennis player in the world.

http://gawker.com/black-man-receives-apology-for-abuse-from-nypd-1729897835?utm_

Etc, etc ad nauseam

Do you support racial segregation?
Do you support calls for "dead cops"?
Did you see Jared Taylor thanking BLM for the massive influx of white kids into white supremacy movements?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:21 - Aug 20 with 1251 viewsShaky

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:15 - Aug 20 by Mo_Wives

Tell me, Shakes, do you think the best way to deal with a KKK march is to have a bunch of f*cking idiots, in masks, with weapons take the law into their own hands? Or should we debate them?...say to any white kids watching, these peoples ideas are wrong and here is why...

And you blame Trump, but the truth is, according to the young people joining the alt-right that I have spoke to, the reason they are joining the alt-right in droves is because of batshit insane, left wing bullshit, like Evergreen college. Lets listen to white nationalist figure head Jared Taylor thanking Black lives matter...

I don't like these people and I can't change their ideas. What I can do is try and convince people not to join. The best way is debunking their arguments...NOT BY BEATING THEM IN THE F*CKING STREET AND MAKING THEM SEEM LIKE VICTIMS. Please denounce both sides.

And you talk about a threat to democracy. Have you forgot Antifa and other left wing cry babies smashing up cities because they lost an election? or were they 'tilting at Nazis'?

Debate the KKK? Are you joking? Of course you can't debate with white supremacists and fascists, that is quite obvious from history.

Fascists aside new opinion research just out last week attests to the futility of rational debate with Trump's core base more generally:
++++++++++++

6 in 10 people who approve of Trump say they'll never, ever, ever stop approving

By Ryan Struyk, CNN
Updated 5:19 PM EDT, Thu August 17, 2017

President Trump's approval rating is low
But the people who support him are committed, according to polls
Women who support Trump are more likely to say they'll never change their minds

(CNN) Most people who are on the Trump train say they are definitely, absolutely never getting off -- no matter what.

Full Story: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politics/trump-approvers-never-stop-approving-
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 15:28]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:28 - Aug 20 with 1237 viewsShaky

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:18 - Aug 20 by Mo_Wives

Do you support racial segregation?
Do you support calls for "dead cops"?
Did you see Jared Taylor thanking BLM for the massive influx of white kids into white supremacy movements?

Of course not.

But then I don't have a massively increased statistical probability of being shot dead by the police force supposedly employed for my protection at any moment.

You are accusing a movement set up to combat undisputed and deeply ingrained racism in US society of racism. It is playground level gainsaying.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 15:29]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:28 - Aug 20 with 1234 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:21 - Aug 20 by Shaky

Debate the KKK? Are you joking? Of course you can't debate with white supremacists and fascists, that is quite obvious from history.

Fascists aside new opinion research just out last week attests to the futility of rational debate with Trump's core base more generally:
++++++++++++

6 in 10 people who approve of Trump say they'll never, ever, ever stop approving

By Ryan Struyk, CNN
Updated 5:19 PM EDT, Thu August 17, 2017

President Trump's approval rating is low
But the people who support him are committed, according to polls
Women who support Trump are more likely to say they'll never change their minds

(CNN) Most people who are on the Trump train say they are definitely, absolutely never getting off -- no matter what.

Full Story: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politics/trump-approvers-never-stop-approving-
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 15:28]

FFS. I'm not suggesting we debate them to change their minds. Their minds are set...not for changing...the Nazi is not for turning. I am saying, kids are watching, if you make the KKK look like fools and debunk their ideas, the kids won't join. They will go back to being insignificant.
But you carry on supporting people beating them Shakes. Make martyrs out of them. See how that goes.

BTW, are you aware you are arguing with someone who is for debating and against violence? are you aware of that Shakes?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:30 - Aug 20 with 1230 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:28 - Aug 20 by Shaky

Of course not.

But then I don't have a massively increased statistical probability of being shot dead by the police force supposedly employed for my protection at any moment.

You are accusing a movement set up to combat undisputed and deeply ingrained racism in US society of racism. It is playground level gainsaying.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 15:29]

Why does racial segregation on campus stop them being shot by police?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:30 - Aug 20 with 1229 viewsShaky

There is a time and a place for everything, Mo.

Speaking of which my time here for today is now up.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:33 - Aug 20 with 1223 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:30 - Aug 20 by Shaky

There is a time and a place for everything, Mo.

Speaking of which my time here for today is now up.

Yep, too true, Shakes, I got to be up ECB's sisters in half hour anyway
Good talking, till next time...
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 15:34]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 16:05 - Aug 20 with 1194 viewsMo_Wives

I would like to offer up this video for people to watch. Where a member of the alt-right and a member of Antifa smoke a joint of peace at the battle for Berkeley. This young man is a hero that we can all learn from, IMO...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 16:21 - Aug 20 with 1169 viewsexiledclaseboy

Right, I've had my Sunday snooze now. What have I missed?

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 16:27 - Aug 20 with 1150 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 16:21 - Aug 20 by exiledclaseboy

Right, I've had my Sunday snooze now. What have I missed?

Me nipping up your sisters

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 16:33 - Aug 20 with 1142 viewsexiledclaseboy

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 16:27 - Aug 20 by Mo_Wives

Me nipping up your sisters

You're a braver man than me old son.

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 1136 viewsdailew

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 15:28 - Aug 20 by Mo_Wives

FFS. I'm not suggesting we debate them to change their minds. Their minds are set...not for changing...the Nazi is not for turning. I am saying, kids are watching, if you make the KKK look like fools and debunk their ideas, the kids won't join. They will go back to being insignificant.
But you carry on supporting people beating them Shakes. Make martyrs out of them. See how that goes.

BTW, are you aware you are arguing with someone who is for debating and against violence? are you aware of that Shakes?

The fact is Antifa want to exaggerate the white supremacists' relevance. They want an enemy to give them credibility.

There were around 500 nazis at the rally coming from all over a nation of 320m people. If the antifa had not been there no-one would have heard of the rally.

Idiots looking for a cause.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 16:43]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024