Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence 20:28 - Aug 12 with 30548 viewsHeadmaster

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/charlottesville-pro

Some graphic footage.
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 09:32 - Aug 21 with 1338 viewsN0rthernLine

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 20:07 - Aug 20 by londonlisa2001

If you feel that you want to apologise, you shouldn't apologise for offending me. You should apologise for saying something that is intrinsically offensive.

It's objective not subjective.

I don't need an apology. I almost never get wound up by anything on the internet.

" I almost never get wound up by anything on the internet "

ffs, Who are you trying to convince with that statement? :)
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 10:03 - Aug 21 with 1313 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 09:32 - Aug 21 by N0rthernLine

She also is against violence full stop, but would lead the cheering if someone was hit on the head with a plank of wood.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 10:36 - Aug 21 with 1300 viewsNeath_Jack

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 10:51 - Aug 21 with 1287 viewsN0rthernLine

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 10:03 - Aug 21 by Mo_Wives

She also is against violence full stop, but would lead the cheering if someone was hit on the head with a plank of wood.

yes, i noticed that but assumed most others would have aswell. :)

... as you say - leave them speak and they'll expose themselves (oo err missus)
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 11:04 - Aug 21 with 1276 viewsDarran

If people don't stop picking on Lisa I'm going to order the Mods to ban them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 11:12 - Aug 21 with 1268 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 11:04 - Aug 21 by Darran

OK. you have my word, Mr P.
BTW, no one likes a 'white knight'...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 11:54 - Aug 21 with 1249 viewslondonlisa2001

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 06:21 - Aug 21 by Mo_Wives

White supremacy is an idea...you don't beat ideas with baseball bats, you beat them with better ideas.

When WS make the argument to impressionable young men:
Black pride - that's fine, you're allowed that.
Latin pride - Fine.
Asian pride- Again, fine
Gay pride - fine
But White Pride - They will beat you in the street for this...because you are the true oppressed.

Guess what...you have just cheered some idiot giving that argument all the credibility it could ever need. In fact, you (someone who dislikes violence full stop) cheering has added an extra layer of credibility. Well done, you just help grow the WS movement.

And you didn't feel the need to denounce any and all groups calling for racial segregation did you?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 6:49]

You beat them with better ideas?

Lol.

They don't believe in white supremacy as an intellectual exercise. They believe in it because they are, in the main, people who are failures. They feel powerless due to their lack of status in society. They are undereducated, lack intelligence, have rubbish jobs if any and rubbish lives and (a) want something, anything to blame that isn't themselves and (b) have a desperate need to feel superior to something, someone, anyone.

They are turning to these groups because, in their eyes, they've at least been in a position of relative power when compared to black people, or gay people, or women. They can't 'beat' anyone in a fair race, so ingrained discrimination in society worked for them, as it gave them an unfair advantage over at least certain sections of society. Once that unfair advantage is removed, through the increasing level of equality in the society in which they live, they have to compete on a fairer basis. And they can't. Because they're bloody useless dregs.

And certain people, who are in possession of more intelligence or wealth or power, want more wealth or power than they have at the moment, and see these dregs as a useful group, easily manipulated and controlled to achieve their own aims. Trump did it. Many others have done it.

As for racial segregation, I believe it to be wrong. I also believe gender segregation to be wrong. Or segregation based on sexual orientation. However, we don't live in a fair and equal society, and I can understand why groups that have been routinely discriminated against, or threatened, or mocked, may feel the need to segregate themselves from time to time. As society becomes more fair, such segregation will naturally diminish.
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 11:58 - Aug 21 with 1243 viewslondonlisa2001

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 09:32 - Aug 21 by N0rthernLine

No one. Difference in stating your opinion or arguing with someone you disagree with and getting wound up.

Interesting that you feel so strongly about it that you would choose to make your first post for 18 months or so...

Weird.
Login to get fewer ads

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:05 - Aug 21 with 1236 viewslondonlisa2001

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 10:03 - Aug 21 by Mo_Wives

I didn't say that I was against violence?

I said I disliked violence.

Even so, I also used the word 'however' to indicate that the next part of my post could be seen as somewhat contradictory to that statement.

Are you deliberately attempting to twist what has been said or are you perhaps, not quite as bright as you like to think you are?
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:11 - Aug 21 with 1229 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 11:54 - Aug 21 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

They don't believe in white supremacy as an intellectual exercise. They believe in it because they are, in the main, people who are failures. They feel powerless due to their lack of status in society. They are undereducated, lack intelligence, have rubbish jobs if any and rubbish lives and (a) want something, anything to blame that isn't themselves and (b) have a desperate need to feel superior to something, someone, anyone.

They are turning to these groups because, in their eyes, they've at least been in a position of relative power when compared to black people, or gay people, or women. They can't 'beat' anyone in a fair race, so ingrained discrimination in society worked for them, as it gave them an unfair advantage over at least certain sections of society. Once that unfair advantage is removed, through the increasing level of equality in the society in which they live, they have to compete on a fairer basis. And they can't. Because they're bloody useless dregs.

And certain people, who are in possession of more intelligence or wealth or power, want more wealth or power than they have at the moment, and see these dregs as a useful group, easily manipulated and controlled to achieve their own aims. Trump did it. Many others have done it.

As for racial segregation, I believe it to be wrong. I also believe gender segregation to be wrong. Or segregation based on sexual orientation. However, we don't live in a fair and equal society, and I can understand why groups that have been routinely discriminated against, or threatened, or mocked, may feel the need to segregate themselves from time to time. As society becomes more fair, such segregation will naturally diminish.

Very good. You're catching on, well done...have an up arrow
See this argument you are presenting...that's the way to go. The way not to go is to beat them in the street or cheer as other idiots beat them, as you were suggesting yesterday. Violence is not the answer.
I feel you have shown great potential today Lisa. Well done, you.

Now in our next lesson we may be able to get you to see that racial segregation is racial segregation no matter what skin colour the person calling for it has.

Class dismissed. Oh and Lisa, maybe you could bring me a shiny apple tomorrow.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 12:16]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:15 - Aug 21 with 1224 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:05 - Aug 21 by londonlisa2001

I didn't say that I was against violence?

I said I disliked violence.

Even so, I also used the word 'however' to indicate that the next part of my post could be seen as somewhat contradictory to that statement.

Are you deliberately attempting to twist what has been said or are you perhaps, not quite as bright as you like to think you are?

Oh, I don't think I'm bright, love. I thought I was of average intelligence, if that. I'm actually surprised how well I'm doing against such educated luminaries (I hope that word means what I think it does).

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:23 - Aug 21 with 1215 viewslondonlisa2001

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:11 - Aug 21 by Mo_Wives

Very good. You're catching on, well done...have an up arrow
See this argument you are presenting...that's the way to go. The way not to go is to beat them in the street or cheer as other idiots beat them, as you were suggesting yesterday. Violence is not the answer.
I feel you have shown great potential today Lisa. Well done, you.

Now in our next lesson we may be able to get you to see that racial segregation is racial segregation no matter what skin colour the person calling for it has.

Class dismissed. Oh and Lisa, maybe you could bring me a shiny apple tomorrow.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 12:16]

You've missed the point.

It's not worth making any argument to them, as it would never work. They are only interested in positive reinforcement and they ignore or disbelieve anything that tells them they're wrong. It's why breitbart, or Fox News, or Trump in tweets, tells them constantly that all the stereotypes they believe are true and that everything that contradicts is fake news.

And I didn't say racial segregation was not racial segregation. I said I could understand it in certain circumstances even if I disagreed with it.
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:26 - Aug 21 with 1212 viewslondonlisa2001

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:15 - Aug 21 by Mo_Wives

Oh, I don't think I'm bright, love. I thought I was of average intelligence, if that. I'm actually surprised how well I'm doing against such educated luminaries (I hope that word means what I think it does).

Strange. You've referred to other people's lack of intelligence on several occasions in this thread.

I'm not sure you are doing well though. Preaching to the converted is not difficult. Trump does it all the time and he's a complete moron.
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:43 - Aug 21 with 1198 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:23 - Aug 21 by londonlisa2001

You've missed the point.

It's not worth making any argument to them, as it would never work. They are only interested in positive reinforcement and they ignore or disbelieve anything that tells them they're wrong. It's why breitbart, or Fox News, or Trump in tweets, tells them constantly that all the stereotypes they believe are true and that everything that contradicts is fake news.

And I didn't say racial segregation was not racial segregation. I said I could understand it in certain circumstances even if I disagreed with it.

No, you've missed the point.

You are not debating them to change THEIR minds. You are doing it to expose their ideas to the people listening. If their ideas go unchallenged, then young impressionable people only have one side of the argument. Imagine only hearing the case for the prosecution in court, everybody would be found guilty. BTW, this is why the left wing propaganda industrial complex has convinced you not to read Breitbart or listen to Fox news...f*cks up their programming, see. Personally, I read Breitbart and Huff Po and the Daily Mail and the Guardian. Helps to have a balanced view on things, you see. I judge the message...not the messenger.

BTW...I'm afraid I may get banned for speaking truth to power (aka bullying Lisa) if I keep on this road with you.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:46 - Aug 21 with 1193 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:26 - Aug 21 by londonlisa2001

Strange. You've referred to other people's lack of intelligence on several occasions in this thread.

I'm not sure you are doing well though. Preaching to the converted is not difficult. Trump does it all the time and he's a complete moron.

Maybe that says more about what I think of those people, than it does myself.

For example...I consider myself more intelligent than my dog and a potato. That does not mean I consider myself an intelligent human being. Kapish?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:55 - Aug 21 with 1188 viewslondonlisa2001

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:43 - Aug 21 by Mo_Wives

No, you've missed the point.

You are not debating them to change THEIR minds. You are doing it to expose their ideas to the people listening. If their ideas go unchallenged, then young impressionable people only have one side of the argument. Imagine only hearing the case for the prosecution in court, everybody would be found guilty. BTW, this is why the left wing propaganda industrial complex has convinced you not to read Breitbart or listen to Fox news...f*cks up their programming, see. Personally, I read Breitbart and Huff Po and the Daily Mail and the Guardian. Helps to have a balanced view on things, you see. I judge the message...not the messenger.

BTW...I'm afraid I may get banned for speaking truth to power (aka bullying Lisa) if I keep on this road with you.

The people who are interested in their ideas in the first place are the same as them.

Their ideas don't need to be exposed to anyone with a semblance of a brain as they can already see them for what they are. You talk as though there are crowds of reasonable young white men of average intelligence thinking 'shall I join the klan or shall I embrace the notion of a fair and equal society...hmm, let me think'.

And it doesn't take a 'left wing propaganda industrial complex' (snigger) to persuade me not to read breitbart or watch Fox News.
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:01 - Aug 21 with 1183 viewsdailew

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 11:54 - Aug 21 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

"I also believe gender segregation to be wrong."

There's an ideology that believes in this and promotes and actively practises it. Also believes women's testimony is only worth half that of men, that they should wear bags over their heads and the husband can rightfully give the trouble and strife a bit of a slap.

Yet you and your ilk won't hear a word against it.

"As society becomes more fair, such segregation will naturally diminish."

It's increasing in the UK and people like you are partly to blame.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:09 - Aug 21 with 1178 viewslondonlisa2001

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:01 - Aug 21 by dailew

"I also believe gender segregation to be wrong."

There's an ideology that believes in this and promotes and actively practises it. Also believes women's testimony is only worth half that of men, that they should wear bags over their heads and the husband can rightfully give the trouble and strife a bit of a slap.

Yet you and your ilk won't hear a word against it.

"As society becomes more fair, such segregation will naturally diminish."

It's increasing in the UK and people like you are partly to blame.

Again you confuse Islam, which I have no time for, and Moslems, which I do.

Not difficult really is it?
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:11 - Aug 21 with 1176 viewsMo_Wives

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 12:55 - Aug 21 by londonlisa2001

The people who are interested in their ideas in the first place are the same as them.

Their ideas don't need to be exposed to anyone with a semblance of a brain as they can already see them for what they are. You talk as though there are crowds of reasonable young white men of average intelligence thinking 'shall I join the klan or shall I embrace the notion of a fair and equal society...hmm, let me think'.

And it doesn't take a 'left wing propaganda industrial complex' (snigger) to persuade me not to read breitbart or watch Fox News.

You speak as though there are not young men watching, as Evergreen campus stands by, as white students are told to stay home for the day because they have the wrong colour skin. THIS IS ACTUAL RACISM, LISA.

You speak as though white kids are not seeing politically correct, left wing publications pump out shite about "only white people can be racist".

You should never underestimate your opponent, Lisa. Don't dismiss them and their ideas as self refuting. Especially when your stance is "shall we debate them?...No. lets cheer as we kick the shit out of them in the street". Don't assume you are more intelligent than your opponent, Lisa. Always prepare to face the best.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools," (Romans 1:22)

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:15 - Aug 21 with 1173 viewsdailew

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:09 - Aug 21 by londonlisa2001

Again you confuse Islam, which I have no time for, and Moslems, which I do.

Not difficult really is it?

So you have no time for White Supremacy but have time for the adherents?

(Even though you'd lead the cheering if someone smacked them over the head with a plank,)

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:28 - Aug 21 with 1159 viewsE20Jack

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:11 - Aug 21 by Mo_Wives

You speak as though there are not young men watching, as Evergreen campus stands by, as white students are told to stay home for the day because they have the wrong colour skin. THIS IS ACTUAL RACISM, LISA.

You speak as though white kids are not seeing politically correct, left wing publications pump out shite about "only white people can be racist".

You should never underestimate your opponent, Lisa. Don't dismiss them and their ideas as self refuting. Especially when your stance is "shall we debate them?...No. lets cheer as we kick the shit out of them in the street". Don't assume you are more intelligent than your opponent, Lisa. Always prepare to face the best.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools," (Romans 1:22)

I have experienced far more racial slurs and prejudice in the company of black and asian people than I ever have being around caucasian. Without question. I have also heard more sexism from women.

With the Asian slurs it tends to be more cultural. Muslims (obviously not all) tend to not like jewish people from my experience, most who I know tend to dislike the jewish communities we have here. I also knew a race relations officer a few years back (Muslim) who was outraged that he thought his daughter was seeing a black man and said if it was true she would be disowned. The race relations officer of a major UK city this was. I was stunned. The thing is they are all lovely people, but their views are incredibly different to what most would think of as the accepted norm.

As for sexism, I am always apalled by the amount that say they are all for equality and then say things like they expect a man to pay for their dinner or he wouldnt get a second date, or use the phrase "ladies first" or "he should never speak to a woman like that". It is a running joke in the office that I have never bought a woman a drink, I am amazed it isn't seen as normal. Luckily my wife shares my thoughts and I was indeed allowed a second date.

I watched a programme the other day too about attitudes towards violence amongst the sexes. There was a couple (actors) in a park and they would be signalled to start a domestic as someone was walking past. Alternating who was the agressor and judging the reactions of the passers by.

When the man was shouting at the women both sexes came across to intervene, shouting at the man. When the woman did it it was met with smiles and laughter, the woman even slapped the man (who was silent and unthreatening) forcefully across the face and a woman walking past did a clear first pump and mouthed "yeeeah!". Can you imagine if a man slapped a woman with exactly the same force and a man walked past celebrating it. There would be uproar. Quite rightly.

Being a minority certainly should not make you immune from being brought to task on showing the same levels of prejudice that many of them object so loudly against.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 13:41]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:31 - Aug 21 with 1154 viewsN0rthernLine

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 11:58 - Aug 21 by londonlisa2001

No one. Difference in stating your opinion or arguing with someone you disagree with and getting wound up.

Interesting that you feel so strongly about it that you would choose to make your first post for 18 months or so...

Weird.

Look, you're getting all wound up again. Anyone who reads this board regularly would expect no different from you.

I post when/if I want. I felt like posting this morning. Hope that's ok with you?
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:35 - Aug 21 with 1148 viewsN0rthernLine

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 11:04 - Aug 21 by Darran

I assume that's a tounge-in-ars..I mean -cheek comment?

(if not, then can we also ban the hard-left gang that's picking on Mo? - just to keep things fair...)
Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:50 - Aug 21 with 1123 viewsNeath_Jack

A thread full of multi's, how amusing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 14:04 - Aug 21 with 1109 viewsexiledclaseboy

Car hits crowd of anti-fascist protesters amid white-supremacist violence on 13:50 - Aug 21 by Neath_Jack

A thread full of multi's, how amusing.

I've been wondering how many actual individuals are arguing on this thread. You remember Multiple Miggs from Silence of the Lambs? Could we be witnessing Multiple Mo?

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024