Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 21:26 - Aug 12 with 8729 viewsJackfath

I've said it before, he's cack.

There are people on here who fawn over him. How the fcuk he makes a living as an attacking footballer when he cannot use one of his legs I've no idea.

Can someone who knows more than me let me know what he brings to this side?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Routledge on 07:59 - Aug 14 with 3128 viewsWarwickHunt

We've been waiting three years for a much-needed upgrade.

We're still waiting...

Ditto Rangel.
Routledge on 09:36 - Aug 14 with 3080 viewsploppy

He's a constant source of disappointment for me. I think it was during the second half - we were passing it round for fun, keeping possession for a change, not going anywhere admittedly. Someone (may have been Mawson) passes to Routledge, his control's not good enough and we lose the ball. It happens time and time again.

He did put in a gorgeous cross for TA but that was the sum total of his attacking contribution.
Routledge on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 3073 viewsAl_Bundy

Routledge on 05:20 - Aug 14 by Nirvana

Olsson whipped in at least three or four really good crosses throughout the game, Al.

I think Abraham whiffed on two of them, but they were all put into excellent areas with plenty of pace. I believe Siggy/Llorente would've put one or two away if they were playing.

Olsson has consistently been one of our best players, particularly in attack, and it was no different against Southampton.

Fair point.. there were a few though where Ollsson held on too long.
Routledge on 09:53 - Aug 14 with 3062 viewsAl_Bundy

I can see why Routledge is picked. In training and even the pre-match warm up he's smiling and quite sharp finding players with short passes in the small game. So on that basis PC picks him.

Now when the game starts the first 10 mins dictates his confidence, if he strays passes or the game passes him by he is goes missing or his game goes further downhill.

Probably needs a psychologist more that a footballing coach to get the best out of him.
Routledge on 10:54 - Aug 14 with 3005 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 21:35 - Aug 13 by karnataka

At his best, Sinclair was a good winger but in our first Prem season, particularly the latter half, he went though several periods when he was ineffective at best and downright poor at worst but Brendan still wouldn't drop or sub him.

100% agree. Sinclair frustrated all of us that season, he was far too predictable for PL defences. Routledge offered something different and Brendan had a blind spot over this. Maybe one of his few bad decisions while he was managing us.

Nobody , not even me would suggest he should still regularly be playing PL football now , same for Dyer and Rangel. It's not their fault no suitable replacements have been sourced . The club has had FOUR YEARS to do so after all.

I however find some on here are being totally disrespectful to the loyalty and commitment he's shown our club over the last six seasons.

He was a major part of the side that did so well under Laudrup and he utilised him superbly. Let's not forget that eh?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 10:56]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routledge on 10:57 - Aug 14 with 2996 viewsLandore_Jack

Routledge on 10:54 - Aug 14 by Brynmill_Jack

100% agree. Sinclair frustrated all of us that season, he was far too predictable for PL defences. Routledge offered something different and Brendan had a blind spot over this. Maybe one of his few bad decisions while he was managing us.

Nobody , not even me would suggest he should still regularly be playing PL football now , same for Dyer and Rangel. It's not their fault no suitable replacements have been sourced . The club has had FOUR YEARS to do so after all.

I however find some on here are being totally disrespectful to the loyalty and commitment he's shown our club over the last six seasons.

He was a major part of the side that did so well under Laudrup and he utilised him superbly. Let's not forget that eh?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 10:56]

Nobody is questioning his loyalty and commitment.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 10:58]

#backtojack

Routledge on 10:59 - Aug 14 with 2988 viewsAngelRangelQS

The worst thing about it is he's still our best winger
Routledge on 11:11 - Aug 14 with 2969 viewsAl_Bundy

Routledge on 10:57 - Aug 14 by Landore_Jack

Indeed..

Its the sentiment that's the problem.
Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 12:40 - Aug 14 with 2904 viewsFlashberryjack

Maybe you would be if some club offered him more money to play for them.

"Loyalty and commitment" are two words not usually associated with
professional footballers.

However In Routledge's case words such as "poor" and "not very good" would be more appropriate in my humble opinion.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Routledge on 13:20 - Aug 14 with 2862 viewsJackfath

Maybe he's "loyal and committed" as no other club has offered him significantly more money to turn his head.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Routledge on 13:23 - Aug 14 with 2855 viewsEasternJack

Routledge on 09:53 - Aug 14 by Al_Bundy

I can see why Routledge is picked. In training and even the pre-match warm up he's smiling and quite sharp finding players with short passes in the small game. So on that basis PC picks him.

Now when the game starts the first 10 mins dictates his confidence, if he strays passes or the game passes him by he is goes missing or his game goes further downhill.

Probably needs a psychologist more that a footballing coach to get the best out of him.

Yes - there were moments where he channelled Neil Taylor with a burst up the field before bouncing off an invisible wall at the final third, playing a back pass.

I get the possession piece - however our evolved game plan on Saturday was the counter. This needed more direct play.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Routledge on 14:56 - Aug 14 with 2808 viewsJokeren1943

Routledge on 13:23 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

Yes - there were moments where he channelled Neil Taylor with a burst up the field before bouncing off an invisible wall at the final third, playing a back pass.

I get the possession piece - however our evolved game plan on Saturday was the counter. This needed more direct play.

Routledge do not dit the style Swansea has decide to play in the last 2-3 years He fits in a Swansealona style were passing is essential - not deep defending and counterattack. His defending is poor, has no physic and he is slow.

But his two best qualities these days are that he is cheap and he is British.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 14:59]
Routledge on 17:10 - Aug 14 with 2764 viewsDavillin

Routledge on 05:13 - Aug 14 by Nirvana

Is that true, Away?

My brain says it can't be, but my heart knows it must be.

I understand you were probably in a bit of shock when they said this, but did you happen to ask them why they thought that?

Other than putting in a great cross for Abraham early on and playing double-RB with Naughton, he didn't really do anything at all.

Would love to know if there's a secret way of looking at the game that I've been missing out on all this time.

Yes, there is -- without bias, preconceptions, or pre-judgments. [N.B. I'm not saying that you don't -- just answering your question.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Routledge on 19:42 - Aug 14 with 2706 viewsFlashberryjack

Routledge on 14:56 - Aug 14 by Jokeren1943

Routledge do not dit the style Swansea has decide to play in the last 2-3 years He fits in a Swansealona style were passing is essential - not deep defending and counterattack. His defending is poor, has no physic and he is slow.

But his two best qualities these days are that he is cheap and he is British.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 14:59]

"But his two best qualities these days are that he is cheap and he is British"

Plus the superb ability he has to strike the ball with the outside of his boot.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Routledge on 19:49 - Aug 14 with 2688 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Well why not just get off his case? Like I said, it's not Routledges fault that the club have tried and failed over the course of four years to adequately replace him.

Routledge on 19:58 - Aug 14 with 2682 viewsJackfath

Routledge on 19:49 - Aug 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Well why not just get off his case? Like I said, it's not Routledges fault that the club have tried and failed over the course of four years to adequately replace him.

Ah, Bless him.

Routledge on 20:02 - Aug 14 with 2669 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 19:58 - Aug 14 by Jackfath

Ah, Bless him.

I said that about you after I heard that those ghastly 14 year olds had beaten you up in the Railway. Lol

Routledge on 20:06 - Aug 14 with 2661 viewsJackfath

Routledge on 20:02 - Aug 14 by Brynmill_Jack

I said that about you after I heard that those ghastly 14 year olds had beaten you up in the Railway. Lol

Lol?

You know that never happened, right?

Routledge on 19:59 - Aug 15 with 2540 viewsexiledclaseboy

Routledge on 20:06 - Aug 14 by Jackfath

Lol?

You know that never happened, right?

Fibber. Everyone knows you got your skinny ginger arse kicked old school style.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024