Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Statement From The Trust. 11:16 - Aug 13 with 9160 viewsTheResurrection

Phil, Stu and Co.

What are you now waiting for?

We went into our first game of the season with one change to last seasons side.

One change!!!

We still own a 1/5th of the footballclub that has been run into the ground the last 2 Summers.

Our one big signing can't get off the bench and the Siggy saga is still rumbling on and to no one's advantage.

I gave a lot of credit to the Americans early pre-season but now they deserve holy hell.

It's time to call them out and say enough is enough.

Stand up FFS.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

A Statement From The Trust. on 20:19 - Aug 13 with 1661 viewsFlashberryjack

A Statement From The Trust. on 19:13 - Aug 13 by Dewi1jack

Norwich on their promotion brought about 28 partners (all paying on board) during the few weeks of the summer.
Dimwit hasn't brought that many in in 6 years.
He advertised Swans Lottery as a partner which I do believe is part of the club.

Oh and he got a funeral parlour and curry house to blind us paying plebs with their adverts

Absolutely., treated the fans that those awful boards affected with utter contempt.
And for what? f*cking peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

Almost as disappointing was the apathy shown by fellow fans that they didn't affect.

Oh! and the trust couldn't give a f*ck either.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 20:21]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A Statement From The Trust. on 20:22 - Aug 13 with 1639 viewsDarran

A Statement From The Trust. on 20:03 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

Dave Carpets

I saw it too, be careful though, his big butty posts on here.

Who's his big Butty?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A Statement From The Trust. on 20:23 - Aug 13 with 1635 viewsNeath_Jack

A Statement From The Trust. on 20:22 - Aug 13 by Darran

Who's his big Butty?

Marcham

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A Statement From The Trust. on 20:25 - Aug 13 with 1628 viewsDewi1jack

A Statement From The Trust. on 20:22 - Aug 13 by Darran

Who's his big Butty?

Dora's Rug?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

A Statement From The Trust. on 20:55 - Aug 13 with 1582 viewsDarran

A Statement From The Trust. on 20:23 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

Marcham

I see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A Statement From The Trust. on 00:29 - Aug 14 with 1474 viewsEasternJack

A Statement From The Trust. on 18:16 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

We were good last weekend and especially as we've not even dabbled that much in the market yet. Don't you agree then?

More of that the better, but better again when we actually get new faces in.

Absolutely.

If only we played the reserves of a mediocre Italian team who are week behind us in match fitness ramp up every week.

Easy to look good in those circumstances.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

A Statement From The Trust. on 10:19 - Aug 14 with 1376 viewskeith_gatebroth

I'm surprised the voting closes tomorrow. I would have preferred it closed in line with the end of the transfer window to see if the new owners are willing to spend any new money before I voted what action to take.
At the moment it seems as if we have no transfer budget and are waiting for the Gylfi transfer to release some cash to buy reinforcements. How much of that, if any, will be spent on new players is anybody's guess..
I've left it until the last minute to vote, hoping to see something positive on the transfer front, that will give me some confidence in the new owners, but as they have not invested one penny into the club itself to date, there's only one alternative for me, and that's court action.
A Statement From The Trust. on 10:28 - Aug 14 with 1342 viewsAngelRangelQS

A Statement From The Trust. on 17:58 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

Phil Sumbler has text me to say he's prepared a statement but it's been left with Stu MacDonald, so hopefully we'll see that tonight or tomorrow latest.

But thanks for your input.

Do you really think it'll say anything of note? I don't. I've always been a huge fan of the Trust but all they've done is encouraged apathy amongst the fans imo
Login to get fewer ads

A Statement From The Trust. on 10:30 - Aug 14 with 1339 viewsvetchonian

A Statement From The Trust. on 18:57 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

Clement.

You're not getting me, it is the style of play, i.e. fluid football on the ground with a mobile front 3 interchanging with each other. I never suggested going all out attack on the weekend, past or coming, but the actual style of football, not the tactics. Look, i'll see if i can swap my season ticket for one game this season and come and sit by you and talk you through the game, hows that sound?

Ironic then our best opportunity to score on Saturday came from a long ball out by Naughton ( some might call it a hoof) which found Routledge who crossed for Tammy to head ( I reckon llorente would have nailed that one)

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

A Statement From The Trust. on 10:40 - Aug 14 with 1311 viewsNeath_Jack

A Statement From The Trust. on 10:30 - Aug 14 by vetchonian

Ironic then our best opportunity to score on Saturday came from a long ball out by Naughton ( some might call it a hoof) which found Routledge who crossed for Tammy to head ( I reckon llorente would have nailed that one)

Why is it ironic wuss? Does playing fluid football on the ground mean that you can never launch a long ball up field? This isn't 5 a side indoor football where you can't hit the ball above shoulder height mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

A Statement From The Trust. on 10:41 - Aug 14 with 1306 viewsDafyddHuw

Jesus guys. Leave the Trust alone ffs.
We've just had an election for Trust board members.

I don't know what the candidates' policies for the club were, but I do know there was one who was MD of some company, someone who spoke Welsh and someone else has been a fan since forever.
What could possibly go wrong?
A Statement From The Trust. on 12:00 - Aug 14 with 1242 viewsvetchonian

A Statement From The Trust. on 10:40 - Aug 14 by Neath_Jack

Why is it ironic wuss? Does playing fluid football on the ground mean that you can never launch a long ball up field? This isn't 5 a side indoor football where you can't hit the ball above shoulder height mind.

Because it has been said on here that the free flowing football is our route to survival.
I personally perfer fluid football but the irony is all the prevaraction on here recently about Gylfi and llorente and their "effect" on our style of play....both missing Saturday and yet our best chance comes from a "direct" approach!

A Statement From The Trust. on 12:12 - Aug 14 with 1227 viewsNeath_Jack

A Statement From The Trust. on 12:00 - Aug 14 by vetchonian

Because it has been said on here that the free flowing football is our route to survival.
I personally perfer fluid football but the irony is all the prevaraction on here recently about Gylfi and llorente and their "effect" on our style of play....both missing Saturday and yet our best chance comes from a "direct" approach!

I'll have to take your word on it being said that it's the route for our survival. I think you're being a bit silly for arguments sake, just because a team plays a certain type of football doesn't mean they will never utilise another style during a game. Take Arsenal for instance, play fantastic football, yet how many goal does Giroud put away with his swede? Plenty i'd wager.

A Statement From The Trust. on 12:18 - Aug 14 with 1212 viewsvetchonian

A Statement From The Trust. on 12:12 - Aug 14 by Neath_Jack

I'll have to take your word on it being said that it's the route for our survival. I think you're being a bit silly for arguments sake, just because a team plays a certain type of football doesn't mean they will never utilise another style during a game. Take Arsenal for instance, play fantastic football, yet how many goal does Giroud put away with his swede? Plenty i'd wager.

DOnt disagree ....Rooney scored a cracking header on Saturday but it came from a move which was all interpassing leading up to the cross.
My point of the irony is that the reason we alledgedly played direct football last season was to accomodate Gylfi ANd Llorente neither of whom were on the park!

A Statement From The Trust. on 12:22 - Aug 14 with 1205 viewsswanforthemoney

A Statement From The Trust. on 19:13 - Aug 13 by Dewi1jack

Norwich on their promotion brought about 28 partners (all paying on board) during the few weeks of the summer.
Dimwit hasn't brought that many in in 6 years.
He advertised Swans Lottery as a partner which I do believe is part of the club.

Oh and he got a funeral parlour and curry house to blind us paying plebs with their adverts

And what good has it done Norwich ?

I stand in the North Stand

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:00 - Aug 14 with 1159 viewsTheResurrection

A Statement From The Trust. on 10:30 - Aug 14 by vetchonian

Awww bless....

Yet another lesson on its way.....

Maybe you're getting on and your memory is lagging years behind, but that move came indeed from free flowing, fast football and certainly not a hoof as your limited English described it.

The ball was played all across the park, back and forth, working an opening, neatly, quickly, decisively and plentifully BEFORE it came to Naughton, who as a result of this excellent passage of play then found himself in plenty of space to pick out an absolute peach of a ball straight on Routs' toe

Some of you don't deserve to reply to me, you're that bad.

Try harder old bean.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:10 - Aug 14 with 1121 viewsswanforthemoney

Isnt it undemocratic cronyism that in response to the ridiculous rant, TheResurrection is getting texts from the chairman of the Trust.

I say absurd becasue we've had four in this year and one on loan. Olsson, Carroll, Narsingh, Mesa, Tammy. If you turn over about 5 players a year, isnt that about right?

Mesa was on the bench, so was Southamptons big signings. Siggy not left yet, neither had Van Dijk, neither has Coutinho at Liverpool. Whats happening at our club is by no means unique. the fact that its happening elsewhere gives clear evidence that its not so easy, given the sums of money involved to get things moving.

What do people want? A sort of Redknapp club, players flying in and out all the time ? Other clubs are paying eye-watering amounts of cash for players who are distinctly average. Stability has to be the name of the game, surely. We've never been the type of club to have the money to make the pre-season big name signing to keep the fans happy. We've never really done it, and not been relegated for 16 years, which is surely some comfort.

Given the size of the club and the resources available weve consistently punched above our weight, its gone beyond good luck. If we are as badly run as a lot of people suggest how do you explain that we are in the Premier League and a lot of clubs with big grounds, fervant support and proud traditions are not?
Im talking about the like of Leeds, Derby, Forest, Villa, Birmingham, Bolton, Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves, Portsmouth, Sunderland. Theyd love to be run as badly as us.

OK there's hiccups but not enough to make everyone as angry as they are. A lot of our fans seem to have turned into "Arsenal supporters" always moaning.

Given the above what exactly is there to 'call out'?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 13:12]

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:13 - Aug 14 with 1112 viewsNeath_Jack

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:10 - Aug 14 by swanforthemoney

Isnt it undemocratic cronyism that in response to the ridiculous rant, TheResurrection is getting texts from the chairman of the Trust.

I say absurd becasue we've had four in this year and one on loan. Olsson, Carroll, Narsingh, Mesa, Tammy. If you turn over about 5 players a year, isnt that about right?

Mesa was on the bench, so was Southamptons big signings. Siggy not left yet, neither had Van Dijk, neither has Coutinho at Liverpool. Whats happening at our club is by no means unique. the fact that its happening elsewhere gives clear evidence that its not so easy, given the sums of money involved to get things moving.

What do people want? A sort of Redknapp club, players flying in and out all the time ? Other clubs are paying eye-watering amounts of cash for players who are distinctly average. Stability has to be the name of the game, surely. We've never been the type of club to have the money to make the pre-season big name signing to keep the fans happy. We've never really done it, and not been relegated for 16 years, which is surely some comfort.

Given the size of the club and the resources available weve consistently punched above our weight, its gone beyond good luck. If we are as badly run as a lot of people suggest how do you explain that we are in the Premier League and a lot of clubs with big grounds, fervant support and proud traditions are not?
Im talking about the like of Leeds, Derby, Forest, Villa, Birmingham, Bolton, Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves, Portsmouth, Sunderland. Theyd love to be run as badly as us.

OK there's hiccups but not enough to make everyone as angry as they are. A lot of our fans seem to have turned into "Arsenal supporters" always moaning.

Which Dineen is this then?

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:27 - Aug 14 with 1075 viewsswanforthemoney

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:13 - Aug 14 by Neath_Jack

Which Dineen is this then?

Im no ones crony. Not ITK. Not beholden to anyone.
Why not just address the points instead of throwing out a conspiracy theory? There;s enough of those on here already.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 13:39]

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:27 - Aug 14 with 1071 viewsEasternJack

Were you happy with Saturdays performance?

Are you confident of us surviving the forthcoming season?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:38 - Aug 14 with 1040 viewsTheResurrection

We've not been relegated for 16 years but how long have we been under new ownership? What does their personal record look like?

Not great many would suggest. In fact, we came as close to being relegated last season as we did during that fateful year of 2003.

So me being in touch with the Chairman of the Trust dates back many a moon, we met up last year, along with the new Trust Supporters Director, on their request I may add, to discuss matters. Why me, not you for example? I don't know who you are, do you take an active interest in the health of our football club? Do you stick your neck out and are you not afraid to question matters, what's going on behind the scenes, raise concerns?

I suppose that I have and after a few years of doubting the Trust and their capabilities I'm also desperate for them to be something of note and use to our club.

Nothing to do with cronyism, far from it, the exact opposite in fact. I'm far more a thorn in their side than a bloody crony.

Phil has prepared a statement of concern and that's gone to all shareholders and Phil, whilst on holidays, has hoped that would go out to Trust members today via Stu MacDonald.

We're obviously still waiting so we'll see. I can only pass on the info I've been given.

The ultimate aim is not to happy clap our way into blind oblivion but to proactively take an interest in the running of the club and make sure that's done to the best of its ability

The Siggy saga has been handled all wrong and it needs addressing and bloody quick.

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:38 - Aug 14 with 1038 viewsswanforthemoney

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:27 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

Were you happy with Saturdays performance?

Are you confident of us surviving the forthcoming season?

1) No. I was mystified why we didnt switch Routledge for another midfielder as we couldnt get hold of the ball. I've not enjoyed many of the performances in the last 2 years to be honest.
2) Ouside the top 7 (Im including Everton) anyone could be relegated if they have injuries and a bad run. I think we have enough in the squad with the return of Llorente and Ki to survive. I havent been absolutley confident of us surviving for many of the last 6 seasons tbh. Thats part of the thrill.

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:45 - Aug 14 with 1012 viewsraynor94

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:38 - Aug 14 by swanforthemoney

1) No. I was mystified why we didnt switch Routledge for another midfielder as we couldnt get hold of the ball. I've not enjoyed many of the performances in the last 2 years to be honest.
2) Ouside the top 7 (Im including Everton) anyone could be relegated if they have injuries and a bad run. I think we have enough in the squad with the return of Llorente and Ki to survive. I havent been absolutley confident of us surviving for many of the last 6 seasons tbh. Thats part of the thrill.

Are you sure Llorente is going to be here come September? Avoiding relegation is part of the thrill? well you have lost me on that one

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:59 - Aug 14 with 971 viewsswanforthemoney

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:38 - Aug 14 by TheResurrection

We've not been relegated for 16 years but how long have we been under new ownership? What does their personal record look like?

Not great many would suggest. In fact, we came as close to being relegated last season as we did during that fateful year of 2003.

So me being in touch with the Chairman of the Trust dates back many a moon, we met up last year, along with the new Trust Supporters Director, on their request I may add, to discuss matters. Why me, not you for example? I don't know who you are, do you take an active interest in the health of our football club? Do you stick your neck out and are you not afraid to question matters, what's going on behind the scenes, raise concerns?

I suppose that I have and after a few years of doubting the Trust and their capabilities I'm also desperate for them to be something of note and use to our club.

Nothing to do with cronyism, far from it, the exact opposite in fact. I'm far more a thorn in their side than a bloody crony.

Phil has prepared a statement of concern and that's gone to all shareholders and Phil, whilst on holidays, has hoped that would go out to Trust members today via Stu MacDonald.

We're obviously still waiting so we'll see. I can only pass on the info I've been given.

The ultimate aim is not to happy clap our way into blind oblivion but to proactively take an interest in the running of the club and make sure that's done to the best of its ability

The Siggy saga has been handled all wrong and it needs addressing and bloody quick.

Looking at the way cronyism and lack of scrutiny has led us to where we are, I feel it incumbent to call it out whereever I think I see it. Thats about all I can do to protect the transparency we so badly need.

It wasnt clear that your views had been sought by the Trust Board members. I voted for those Board members in the recent elections, so I trusts their judgement.

A Statement From The Trust. on 14:06 - Aug 14 with 958 viewsswanforthemoney

A Statement From The Trust. on 13:45 - Aug 14 by raynor94

Are you sure Llorente is going to be here come September? Avoiding relegation is part of the thrill? well you have lost me on that one

I dont know if Llorente will be here come September. He is registered with us and currently injured. Its a fair assumption that he will return when fit, although I am aware of the recent transfer speculation.
Well we aint going to win the League, so avoiding relegation is a part of the thrill. Not all of it., mind.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024