Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we buy the Stadium 21:27 - Aug 13 with 3667 viewsSS2013

Will it come out of the gyfi money ? With a 15-20 M replacement incoming ?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

If we buy the Stadium on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 2075 viewsraynor94

Well we are not actually buying the Stadium

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If we buy the Stadium on 21:38 - Aug 13 with 2052 viewsBorojack

If we buy the Stadium on 21:33 - Aug 13 by raynor94

Well we are not actually buying the Stadium

I read somewhere talks are at an advanced stage to buy the stadium
Couple that with the 20 million plus to pay the Trust off if they win the legal case.
Then there won't be much left at all.
But at least the Trust will have some cash for a rainy day.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

If we buy the Stadium on 21:41 - Aug 13 with 2039 viewsDavillin

Well, one reason for "someone" [at the moment, it looks like the Yanks] buying the stadium is that it'd be the best reason for selling the club on.

Now, the point is that, given that high probability, it makes no sense whatever for the Trust to sell even a small percentage of one share to the Yanks.

Lesson to be learned: sooner or later some are going to realize that if there's one thing the Yanks understand it's how to turn a big profit. The Trust must stay on as a 20%er to reap 20% of the same profit.

That lesson will be learned either with a 20% bonanza or without one. "Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

If we buy the Stadium on 21:41 - Aug 13 with 2039 viewsraynor94

If we buy the Stadium on 21:38 - Aug 13 by Borojack

I read somewhere talks are at an advanced stage to buy the stadium
Couple that with the 20 million plus to pay the Trust off if they win the legal case.
Then there won't be much left at all.
But at least the Trust will have some cash for a rainy day.

I don't think it's actually buying it, it's leasing and having the ability to increase revenues from it, I might be wrong but that was my understanding

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If we buy the Stadium on 21:43 - Aug 13 with 2009 viewsDarran

If we buy the Stadium on 21:41 - Aug 13 by raynor94

I don't think it's actually buying it, it's leasing and having the ability to increase revenues from it, I might be wrong but that was my understanding

Yeah by borrowing against it. #pricks

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If we buy the Stadium on 21:44 - Aug 13 with 2008 viewsSS2013

Ok thanks I thought it was an outright buy, seems kind of pointless then, if it's just a way to increase margins.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

If we buy the Stadium on 21:45 - Aug 13 with 2001 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They want the Trust to pay for the stadium with the money they get from the shares.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If we buy the Stadium on 21:48 - Aug 13 with 1979 viewsBorojack

You could well be right.
Personally I can't see them selling Gylfi and not strengthening but you never know.
Would love to know how they plan to pay the Trust out and buy/lease the stadium if they don't have a pot to pi$$ in.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

If we buy the Stadium on 21:48 - Aug 13 with 1977 viewsGaryjack

Your not wrong. There is no way that the stadium and the land it stands on is being purchased by Swansea City. But to lease it in order to increase revenues they need to have some pretty fvckin good marketing ideas, otherwise it's a case of nothing to see here!
If we buy the Stadium on 21:53 - Aug 13 with 1941 viewsNeath_Jack

I thought i heard or read it was a 30 year lease.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

If we buy the Stadium on 21:53 - Aug 13 with 1939 viewsDavillin

It would be good to know, as there is a huge difference there.

I do very seriously doubt that leasing in this matter is advantageous to either the Yanks or the City.

One main reason [not the only one] is that leasing it brings more than "the ability to increase revenues" -- specifically a dozen forms of outlay, not least of which is the lease payment. There are also considerable costs to the lessor [the city] which make the exchange less than attractive.

Unspoken also is what is to be done about third stadium "shareholder" [the rugby club, by whatever legal title]? One way or another, they will have to be paid for what they will lose. Or be a part-buyer/owner with SCFC, which does not thrill.

If we buy the Stadium on 22:04 - Aug 13 with 1866 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Not if it's true about Bony, Allen, and Chadli. Even just the latter two of those 3 will use up almost all the money, assuming it's £48m less Spurs' 10%.

Plus I hope especially after yesterday we are still looking for a RB.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If we buy the Stadium on 22:06 - Aug 13 with 1854 viewsWxmJax

I just hope that the council don't sell them the stadium. It's only going to end in tears if they do.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

If we buy the Stadium on 22:08 - Aug 13 with 1850 viewsCooperman

If we buy the Stadium on 21:53 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

I thought i heard or read it was a 30 year lease.

Is the right answer.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

If we buy the Stadium on 22:26 - Aug 13 with 1787 viewsfelixstowe_jack

They are leasing the stadium not Buying it. They would be not able to borrow much on a lease and the Freeholder, Swansea City Council, would probably have a clauses in the Lease preventing that.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

If we buy the Stadium on 22:49 - Aug 13 with 1733 viewssomersetsimon

If we buy the Stadium on 22:26 - Aug 13 by felixstowe_jack

They are leasing the stadium not Buying it. They would be not able to borrow much on a lease and the Freeholder, Swansea City Council, would probably have a clauses in the Lease preventing that.

I don't really understand the argument that they could borrow against the stadium even if they did own it.
They couldn't really sell the stadium to anyone else, so it's hardly a realisable asset. Isn't that the point of something you are securing a loan against?
If we buy the Stadium on 23:29 - Aug 13 with 1667 viewsLoyal

If they had bought it last year they could have had it for the price of Neymars ball bag.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

If we buy the Stadium on 23:40 - Aug 13 with 1650 viewsEasternJack

If we buy the Stadium on 21:44 - Aug 13 by SS2013

Ok thanks I thought it was an outright buy, seems kind of pointless then, if it's just a way to increase margins.

What?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

If we buy the Stadium on 23:43 - Aug 13 with 1647 viewsEasternJack

If we buy the Stadium on 22:49 - Aug 13 by somersetsimon

I don't really understand the argument that they could borrow against the stadium even if they did own it.
They couldn't really sell the stadium to anyone else, so it's hardly a realisable asset. Isn't that the point of something you are securing a loan against?

Because using the stadium for loan collateral is not the plan

It's about having the right terms that allows us to proportionately benefit from any new direct investment or commercial deals related to the stadium

If we buy the Stadium on 00:01 - Aug 14 with 1622 viewsPozuelosSideys

If we buy the Stadium on 23:43 - Aug 13 by EasternJack

Because using the stadium for loan collateral is not the plan

It's about having the right terms that allows us to proportionately benefit from any new direct investment or commercial deals related to the stadium

Well if people thought Dineens crowd-facing flashy lights advertising caravans and skips are bad, just wait until the Americans show us how they do it stateside!

Other than stadium sponsorship and events, its hard to see what value having a lease would provide, unless there is some creative way to expand the ground and increase in that respect

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If we buy the Stadium on 00:10 - Aug 14 with 1611 viewsEasternJack

If we buy the Stadium on 00:01 - Aug 14 by PozuelosSideys

Well if people thought Dineens crowd-facing flashy lights advertising caravans and skips are bad, just wait until the Americans show us how they do it stateside!

Other than stadium sponsorship and events, its hard to see what value having a lease would provide, unless there is some creative way to expand the ground and increase in that respect

I'm sure the business cass for this is rock solid otherwise why take on a (likely) bigger rent for greater control over the stadium and associated revenues.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking:

Naming rights sponsorship deal
Stadium expansion

Just those two has the potential to move our commercial dependency a few more percentage points away from TV money.

If we buy the Stadium on 00:22 - Aug 14 with 1589 viewsPozuelosSideys

If we buy the Stadium on 00:10 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

I'm sure the business cass for this is rock solid otherwise why take on a (likely) bigger rent for greater control over the stadium and associated revenues.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking:

Naming rights sponsorship deal
Stadium expansion

Just those two has the potential to move our commercial dependency a few more percentage points away from TV money.

Hell of a gamble. They wont put their own money in and they cant borrow against it on lease terms. That only leaves income from transfers and given we dont really have any super high value players other than Gylfi, it would mean cutting corners by bringing in cheap, probably sub-par quality replacements.

If thats the plan, then instinct says we are going to suck for the medium term at least

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If we buy the Stadium on 02:43 - Aug 14 with 1508 viewsEasternJack

If we buy the Stadium on 21:43 - Aug 13 by Darran

Yeah by borrowing against it. #pricks

Sound interesting - Tell me how I can borrow money against the house I'm renting

#illinformed

If we buy the Stadium on 02:45 - Aug 14 with 1506 viewsEasternJack

If we buy the Stadium on 21:53 - Aug 13 by Davillin

It would be good to know, as there is a huge difference there.

I do very seriously doubt that leasing in this matter is advantageous to either the Yanks or the City.

One main reason [not the only one] is that leasing it brings more than "the ability to increase revenues" -- specifically a dozen forms of outlay, not least of which is the lease payment. There are also considerable costs to the lessor [the city] which make the exchange less than attractive.

Unspoken also is what is to be done about third stadium "shareholder" [the rugby club, by whatever legal title]? One way or another, they will have to be paid for what they will lose. Or be a part-buyer/owner with SCFC, which does not thrill.

The advantage is that it allows the club to change the terms if the profit distribution. At the moment, it's not structured in a way that is equitable for the club in relation to any investment they want to make (or efforts to gain more sponsorship)

If we buy the Stadium on 03:01 - Aug 14 with 1489 viewsDavillin

If we buy the Stadium on 02:45 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

The advantage is that it allows the club to change the terms if the profit distribution. At the moment, it's not structured in a way that is equitable for the club in relation to any investment they want to make (or efforts to gain more sponsorship)

?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024