Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech 09:02 - Aug 14 with 1962 viewsPegojack

I've bigged them up on here before, but just wanted to repeat the praise and tip you folks off if you're looking for somewhere good to eat. Took missus and old mum to Sunday carvery lunch there yesterday, absolutely superb.

They have about four sittings starting at 12.00 noon, but they overlap, so you get two hours at table, more than enough time for a leisurely lunch.

Not cheap, but top quality. £9.95 a head for one course, to be honest you'd need to be a real porker to manage a starter or dessert.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 9:56]
Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:05 - Aug 14 with 1949 viewsMeraki

£9.95 is pretty cheap?

I've never been there but thanks for the tip!
Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:14 - Aug 14 with 1934 viewsraynor94

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:05 - Aug 14 by Meraki

£9.95 is pretty cheap?

I've never been there but thanks for the tip!

"Not cheap"

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:17 - Aug 14 with 1926 viewslifelong

Just to avoid anyone searching the end of the Gower Estuary for this pub ,it's actually in Llangennech...hope this helps. 😉
Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:44 - Aug 14 with 1892 viewsPegojack

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:17 - Aug 14 by lifelong

Just to avoid anyone searching the end of the Gower Estuary for this pub ,it's actually in Llangennech...hope this helps. 😉

Oops, sorry. Yes, it's two minutes from the Llanelli turn off the M4.

Starters and desserts are about £4.50 each, which is why I said not cheap. Limited selection of decent wines around £14-16 a bottle and three or four guest real ales plus usual keg stuff.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 9:48]
Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:52 - Aug 14 with 1869 viewsDevz00

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:44 - Aug 14 by Pegojack

Oops, sorry. Yes, it's two minutes from the Llanelli turn off the M4.

Starters and desserts are about £4.50 each, which is why I said not cheap. Limited selection of decent wines around £14-16 a bottle and three or four guest real ales plus usual keg stuff.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 9:48]

I live in Llangennech. Have you tried The Bridge? It's a pub on the same road just 5 mins further on, on the right hand side (if you are coming from the M4).

I've been to both many times but I think I prefer the carvery in the Bridge and they have loads of home made desserts etc. Tafarn Morlais is good though.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:55 - Aug 14 with 1863 viewsPegojack

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:52 - Aug 14 by Devz00

I live in Llangennech. Have you tried The Bridge? It's a pub on the same road just 5 mins further on, on the right hand side (if you are coming from the M4).

I've been to both many times but I think I prefer the carvery in the Bridge and they have loads of home made desserts etc. Tafarn Morlais is good though.

No I haven't, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Only negative of Tafarn Morlais is that in the gents, they have a display wall of 'Welsh sporting greatness' type photos, lots of rugger bugger pictures and a bit on Wales footie at the Euros, but absolutely no mention of the Mighty Swans. I took the landlord to task about it and he looked distinctly sheepish.
Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 10:02 - Aug 14 with 1848 viewsDevz00

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:55 - Aug 14 by Pegojack

Only negative of Tafarn Morlais is that in the gents, they have a display wall of 'Welsh sporting greatness' type photos, lots of rugger bugger pictures and a bit on Wales footie at the Euros, but absolutely no mention of the Mighty Swans. I took the landlord to task about it and he looked distinctly sheepish.

The Bridge is a more of a pub though but very popular for a carvery. Whereas Tafarn Morlais is a pub heading toward the restaurant type vibe. Give it a go if you wanted to try something different.
Not sure about the sporting stuff! It’s mainly rugby memorabilia in the pubs in Llanelli.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech on 11:14 - Aug 14 with 1779 viewsDyfnant

Are they on the same main road as the chip shop & Jenkins bakery?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 14:02 - Aug 14 with 1687 viewsmax936

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 09:55 - Aug 14 by Pegojack

Could have been worse Mike they could have had pictures of our little cousins on the walls

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 14:07 - Aug 14 with 1680 viewsPegojack

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 14:02 - Aug 14 by max936

Could have been worse Mike they could have had pictures of our little cousins on the walls

No, I asked the landlord to put their picture at the bottom of the urinals.
Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech on 14:27 - Aug 14 with 1660 viewsjacksop

The management of the Tafarn Morlais have recently taken over the Whittington Arms in Tonna, have eaten there on a few occasions and would certainly reccomend it if your in the area.
Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech on 18:49 - Aug 14 with 1580 viewscackinthesackjack

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech on 14:27 - Aug 14 by jacksop

The management of the Tafarn Morlais have recently taken over the Whittington Arms in Tonna, have eaten there on a few occasions and would certainly reccomend it if your in the area.

Yes, I have to agree with the post above. The Whittington arms in Tonna is now doing very nice food. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 19:08 - Aug 14 with 1559 viewsmax936

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennith on 14:07 - Aug 14 by Pegojack

No, I asked the landlord to put their picture at the bottom of the urinals.

Good Lad

Been up to Porthcawl today, they've refurbed a building on the Marina couple of nice eateries there, Coffi is one they serve Steak and Ale Welsh Pasties there bloody lovely they are to big buggers to £4.50 worth every penny

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech on 19:21 - Aug 14 with 1551 viewsdcd14

No mate. That's Llwynhendy.

In reply to the chip shop and Jenkins post!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 19:23]
Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech on 21:36 - Aug 17 with 1339 viewsChief

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech on 19:21 - Aug 14 by dcd14

No mate. That's Llwynhendy.

In reply to the chip shop and Jenkins post!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 19:23]

Tremendous chicken bites and chips in the Avenue!!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech on 13:46 - Aug 22 with 1246 viewsDevz00

Tafarn Morlais, Llangennech on 11:14 - Aug 14 by Dyfnant

Are they on the same main road as the chip shop & Jenkins bakery?

Yeah, as above, think you're in the Avenue in Llwynhendy there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024