Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy - So we understand it 15:40 - Aug 14 with 11178 viewsAl_Bundy

For 5 weeks we have valued Siggy at £50M

Everton have put a bid in for £40M then £40M with add ons?

So this is a game of Everton calling our bluff to see if we cave in on the final day of the window and get Siggy on the cheap and us waiting on Everton to pay up hoping they will pay £50M and get their man.

Either way we are stuffed here.. if this goes to the final day we i'm sceptical we will have 2 or 3 signings waiting in the wings.

So the likelihood is we'll get £45M as an undisclosed fee or one unhappy Siggy on our books going into September also without any further signings to our lean squad.

Siggy - So we understand it on 15:44 - Aug 14 with 5314 viewsPegojack

This is an absolutely ridiculous situation the club has got itself into. We should be telling Siggy to get back into full training pronto, with a view to playing some part in Saturday's match.
Siggy - So we understand it on 15:45 - Aug 14 with 5301 viewsJackBaston

Personally it's a sh*t show

We told them 50 million, and they've dragged their heels trying to get a better price.

Not playing him is ridiculous, he's contracted to do a job for us, he's one of our highest paid players and we're currently paying him to stay fit for Everton right now

Our clubs a joke. 50 million, if they don't pay asap, he'll play for us, if he refuses, he won't get paid and can train with the reserves
Siggy - So we understand it on 16:00 - Aug 14 with 5177 viewspencoedjack

Siggy - So we understand it on 15:44 - Aug 14 by Pegojack

This is an absolutely ridiculous situation the club has got itself into. We should be telling Siggy to get back into full training pronto, with a view to playing some part in Saturday's match.

100% agree HJ

I hope fans don't believe the 'after Gylfi transfer dragged on we were in no position to get our chosen targets' bullshite that's likely to be spouted.
Siggy - So we understand it on 16:06 - Aug 14 with 5139 viewsbuilthjack

Theres a meeting midweek with the yanks, big nose, and Clement to sort this out one way or the other. I think Clement will call the shots.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Siggy - So we understand it on 16:17 - Aug 14 with 5059 viewsAl_Bundy

Siggy - So we understand it on 16:06 - Aug 14 by builthjack

Theres a meeting midweek with the yanks, big nose, and Clement to sort this out one way or the other. I think Clement will call the shots.

PC doesn't control the purse strings..

Bit like watching the Benitez inteview at Newcastle .. he looks pissed off he has no decent cash to spend in this window.
Siggy - So we understand it on 16:17 - Aug 14 with 5051 viewsawayjack

It does feel like we're OK with delays. If the compromise but is £2-3m, it'll cost us more in our eventual 'late' transfers. Not sure if it's incompetence or something fishy going on.
Siggy - So we understand it on 16:26 - Aug 14 with 4979 viewsLandore_Jack

What some people fail to realise is that Everton can afford to wait to sign Siggy because they have already boosted their squad. We can't afford to wait. We badly need new players and we are relying on the Siggy transfer fee. The clock is ticking for the Swans not Everton.

#backtojack

Siggy - So we understand it on 16:26 - Aug 14 with 4970 viewsAl_Bundy

If we having discussions in the background with new potential signings which we can get over the line post Siggy going then fine.

We all know what happens when a club gets a transfer windfall .. we will be held to ransom paying over the odds.

I think the £50M is not for transfers .. we will get another loanee or two in with a token £10M signing from somewhere then tell PC to run along and make it happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Siggy - So we understand it on 16:51 - Aug 14 with 4826 viewsSheffieldjack

Siggy - So we understand it on 16:26 - Aug 14 by Landore_Jack

What some people fail to realise is that Everton can afford to wait to sign Siggy because they have already boosted their squad. We can't afford to wait. We badly need new players and we are relying on the Siggy transfer fee. The clock is ticking for the Swans not Everton.

You've nailed it. The "extra" money we may (or may not) get by holding out is actually costing us dear. This shambles has "concorde nose" written all over it.
Siggy - So we understand it on 16:55 - Aug 14 with 4800 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Any gain from holding out for a few million more will be negated by teams knowing we are flush with money and desperate in the last few days of the window.

Potential signings may go elsewhere whilst we dither.

A good example of how not to do it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:04 - Aug 14 with 4737 viewsoldcob

Siggy - So we understand it on 16:17 - Aug 14 by awayjack

It does feel like we're OK with delays. If the compromise but is £2-3m, it'll cost us more in our eventual 'late' transfers. Not sure if it's incompetence or something fishy going on.

You are right Awayjack, we've not been told the whole truth on this. There definitely something thats not straight forward going on. I won't condemn or defend Siggy until we find out the whole truth (if ever).
Siggy - So we understand it on 17:11 - Aug 14 with 4680 viewsHubert

so what are the odds on Clement walking if he doesn't get want he wants at the meeting on Wednesday ?
Siggy - So we understand it on 17:12 - Aug 14 with 4661 viewsAngelRangelQS

Siggy - So we understand it on 16:51 - Aug 14 by Sheffieldjack

You've nailed it. The "extra" money we may (or may not) get by holding out is actually costing us dear. This shambles has "concorde nose" written all over it.

We've probably paid him 500k in wages since this first broke
Siggy - So we understand it on 17:13 - Aug 14 with 4655 viewsPrivate_Partz

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:11 - Aug 14 by Hubert

so what are the odds on Clement walking if he doesn't get want he wants at the meeting on Wednesday ?

It must be a serious possibility. I suspect he will be doing some table thumping at this little get together.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:16 - Aug 14 with 4627 viewsnantywatcher

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:04 - Aug 14 by oldcob

You are right Awayjack, we've not been told the whole truth on this. There definitely something thats not straight forward going on. I won't condemn or defend Siggy until we find out the whole truth (if ever).

, we've not been told the whole truth on this.

I'm not sure if we have been told ANYTHING by the club, have we?
We're all clutching at rumours. without any information it looks totally shambolic from where I'm sitting.
Siggy - So we understand it on 17:19 - Aug 14 with 4595 viewsbermudajack

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:04 - Aug 14 by oldcob

The longer this goes n the more you have to wonder if this is what Gylfi wants?

Whoever is negotiating this deal is doing a very poor job.

Teams like us are splashing the cash and playing settled football already... in comparism we've given our players the perfect excuse to start poorly again... No Siggi, No Llorente, No Ki, no significant improvements...

The Man Utd game will highlight the players attitudes regarding the club and another shower of shyte in the transfer market.

Play like we did on Saturday and this could be embarrassing 😳

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:20 - Aug 14 with 4583 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I'd sack the f@cking lot of them

Shower of sh!t that they are.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:31 - Aug 14 with 4497 viewsLandore_Jack

Siggy - So we understand it on 16:55 - Aug 14 by Joe_bradshaw

Any gain from holding out for a few million more will be negated by teams knowing we are flush with money and desperate in the last few days of the window.

Potential signings may go elsewhere whilst we dither.

A good example of how not to do it.

Also, a team may refuse to sell a player because it is too late in the transfer window to sign a replacement.

#backtojack

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:41 - Aug 14 with 4441 viewsJack_Kass

Would anyone be really surprised if Clement just said "f**k this" any time within the next week, and walked?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:45 - Aug 14 with 4407 viewsAl_Bundy

Wonder if this is all revolving around Barkley !?

Everton need him sold to fund the Siggy fee which Everton thought he was off in July.

Also puts a cloud over where Siggy fits in if Barkley stays at Everton.

Siggy becomes a little if not rich fish in a big pond !
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 17:47]
Siggy - So we understand it on 17:46 - Aug 14 with 4396 viewsWarwickHunt

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:45 - Aug 14 by Al_Bundy

Wonder if this is all revolving around Barkley !?

Everton need him sold to fund the Siggy fee which Everton thought he was off in July.

Also puts a cloud over where Siggy fits in if Barkley stays at Everton.

Siggy becomes a little if not rich fish in a big pond !
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 17:47]

Crop rotation?
Siggy - So we understand it on 17:55 - Aug 14 with 4326 viewsjojaca

This is saga has cost me £2.50 mobile data this month, where's my insurance or my compensation then?

This is the last transfer window for me, I wasted so much time looking at rumours, newsnow, who could potentially sign and writing crap on this forum. I wish I could return to the days of finding out who we have signed on the back of the Evening Post.

I'm going to check the official site from now on just before bed time.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 17:56]

Even when you know, you never know?

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:56 - Aug 14 with 4324 viewsHighjack

Siggy - So we understand it on 17:46 - Aug 14 by WarwickHunt

Crop rotation?

Considewably more widespread after John

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Siggy - So we understand it on 18:12 - Aug 14 with 4196 viewstomdickharry

Are the Trust attending?
Siggy - So we understand it on 18:17 - Aug 14 with 4168 viewsMrSwerve

Siggy - So we understand it on 16:26 - Aug 14 by Landore_Jack

Id love it if they came in with a £50m bid with half hour to go of the window and we tell them to feck off.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024