Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy - So we understand it 15:40 - Aug 14 with 11108 viewsAl_Bundy

For 5 weeks we have valued Siggy at £50M

Everton have put a bid in for £40M then £40M with add ons?

So this is a game of Everton calling our bluff to see if we cave in on the final day of the window and get Siggy on the cheap and us waiting on Everton to pay up hoping they will pay £50M and get their man.

Either way we are stuffed here.. if this goes to the final day we i'm sceptical we will have 2 or 3 signings waiting in the wings.

So the likelihood is we'll get £45M as an undisclosed fee or one unhappy Siggy on our books going into September also without any further signings to our lean squad.

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:27 - Aug 14 with 1801 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:13 - Aug 14 by Swanjaxs

Our season depends on Sigurdsson moving on, if this deal falls through we're fùcked..... and Everton know this...advantage Everton 👍
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 23:14]

If the deal falls through, we've still got Sigurdsson with 3 years left on his contract.

How are we f***ed? Most pundits who are picking us to go down are saying it only because they think we're selling him to Everton.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:39 - Aug 14 with 1749 viewsmax936

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:26 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

I still don't see who makes way to accommodate Siggy in the Everton setup : even more so if Barkley stays.

Nor me, Rooney will play 10, so where does he play on wing or impact sub [why go there to be a sub], he's hardly quick enough to play wing, maybe play him wide to ping the ball in, I don't know.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:48 - Aug 14 with 1727 viewsSwanjaxs

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:27 - Aug 14 by Tummer_from_Texas

If the deal falls through, we've still got Sigurdsson with 3 years left on his contract.

How are we f***ed? Most pundits who are picking us to go down are saying it only because they think we're selling him to Everton.

How are we fùcked if this deal falls through?.... well.... a player (Sigurdsson) who doesn't want to play for us anymore? ... are you keeping up?.Rite.. If we can punt him out to Everton for an over inflated price it will give Paul Clement the funds to bring in the 3 players that will give us the chance to stay in the Premier league.... is this clear enough for you mate 👍
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 23:59]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:58 - Aug 14 with 1691 viewsJacket

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:48 - Aug 14 by Swanjaxs

How are we fùcked if this deal falls through?.... well.... a player (Sigurdsson) who doesn't want to play for us anymore? ... are you keeping up?.Rite.. If we can punt him out to Everton for an over inflated price it will give Paul Clement the funds to bring in the 3 players that will give us the chance to stay in the Premier league.... is this clear enough for you mate 👍

Only problem with that is that a chunk of that cash will go towards making Chadli our record transfer fee. Chadli, the most expensive player we have ever signed. Let that sink in.
Siggy - So we understand it on 00:04 - Aug 15 with 1678 viewsSwanjaxs

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:58 - Aug 14 by Jacket

Only problem with that is that a chunk of that cash will go towards making Chadli our record transfer fee. Chadli, the most expensive player we have ever signed. Let that sink in.

Who mentioned Chadli mate? ... Oh yes the press 😁 same goes for the Allen and Boney rumours 👍don't believe everything you read on Walesonline .... the Sigurdsson cash will go a long way to keeping us in this god forsaken league.... agree yea?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 0:05]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Siggy - So we understand it on 00:17 - Aug 15 with 1641 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Siggy - So we understand it on 23:48 - Aug 14 by Swanjaxs

I keep up just fine.

It would certainly be better if it happens, but we're not f***ed if the deal falls through. We'd be f***ed if the player was classless and angry, was bitterly badmouthing the club to the press, and was willing to sacrifice 3 years of his career over it.

That's not the case here. There would be bridges to mend, but we're not f***ed and Everton doesn't have the leverage here.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Siggy - So we understand it on 00:25 - Aug 15 with 1630 viewsSwanjaxs

Siggy - So we understand it on 00:17 - Aug 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

I keep up just fine.

It would certainly be better if it happens, but we're not f***ed if the deal falls through. We'd be f***ed if the player was classless and angry, was bitterly badmouthing the club to the press, and was willing to sacrifice 3 years of his career over it.

That's not the case here. There would be bridges to mend, but we're not f***ed and Everton doesn't have the leverage here.

Ok mate..... but in my honest opinion Gylfi Sigurdsson will never put a Swansea City shirt on again, his head has been turned.... I may be wrong but I don't think so.... the sooner this whole sorry affair is sorted the better... get over it mate Sigurdsson is persona non grata in SA1 👍

Siggy - So we understand it on 00:26 - Aug 15 with 1628 viewsJacket

Siggy - So we understand it on 00:04 - Aug 15 by Swanjaxs

Who mentioned Chadli mate? ... Oh yes the press 😁 same goes for the Allen and Boney rumours 👍don't believe everything you read on Walesonline .... the Sigurdsson cash will go a long way to keeping us in this god forsaken league.... agree yea?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 0:05]

Trust me, I hope you're right! It is possible West Brum are putting the story out to try to palm him off on us for a profit as Pulis certainly wants rid. But of the trio linked, Chadli seems to be the nost likely. Allen was always a non-starter. Hughes would walk if Stoke sold him! And Bony will bugger off to China, Turkey or somewhere of the like.
Login to get fewer ads

Siggy - So we understand it on 02:52 - Aug 15 with 1541 viewsBirchgrovejack

At the moment i think him staying would be the best option, of the players linked ( if any truth), none of which i'm particularly excited about. If chadli turns out to be the "marquee" signing to replace Siggy then id be very underwhelmed and dissapointed.
At this stage that's the only thing i can see happening with only 16 days of the market left to go.
Fair play the board have played a blinder here.
Siggy - So we understand it on 08:29 - Aug 15 with 1444 viewsjojaca

After last Saturday's performance, we need to keep him and sign another two/three midfielders/wingers. I don't want to ever see Routledge, Fer and Britton in starting line up again this season.

Even when you know, you never know?

Siggy - So we understand it on 08:58 - Aug 15 with 1390 viewsraynor94

Siggy - So we understand it on 02:52 - Aug 15 by Birchgrovejack

At the moment i think him staying would be the best option, of the players linked ( if any truth), none of which i'm particularly excited about. If chadli turns out to be the "marquee" signing to replace Siggy then id be very underwhelmed and dissapointed.
At this stage that's the only thing i can see happening with only 16 days of the market left to go.
Fair play the board have played a blinder here.

Played "a blinder" it's totally upset our pre season, we are going into the second game with still nothing sorted, the squad is seriously depleted, do you honestly think they know what they are doing now?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Siggy - So we understand it on 09:02 - Aug 15 with 1380 viewsJokeren1943

Everton knows they have Swansea by the balls. Swansea will not buy other players unless those 40-50 millions from Gylfi will be released.

Everton has bought alot of good players this summer and can sit back and wait. Gylfi will be a nice strawberry on the cake for them, but not essential for Everton.

As long nothing happens with Gylfi, Swansea will not buy any major essential players (like better midfielders (central midfielders and wingers) - and we all know (because of that) Swanseas offense power is a joke.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 9:06]
Siggy - So we understand it on 09:04 - Aug 15 with 1371 viewsMo_Wives

Siggy - So we understand it on 20:46 - Aug 14 by jack247

If Liverpool wanted him, that would be a different thing. I'm sure Everton would shit a brick and offer asking price. Sadly, he isn't Liverpool calibre.

Did you miss Dewi's cunning Southampton plan?. I feel it could work.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Siggy - So we understand it on 09:30 - Aug 15 with 1293 viewsWhiterockin

Siggy - So we understand it on 09:02 - Aug 15 by Jokeren1943

Everton knows they have Swansea by the balls. Swansea will not buy other players unless those 40-50 millions from Gylfi will be released.

Everton has bought alot of good players this summer and can sit back and wait. Gylfi will be a nice strawberry on the cake for them, but not essential for Everton.

As long nothing happens with Gylfi, Swansea will not buy any major essential players (like better midfielders (central midfielders and wingers) - and we all know (because of that) Swanseas offense power is a joke.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 9:06]

This is not as I see it.

I believe we have targets in mind at a lower price bracket if Siggy stays we also have higher value targets in mind if we sell him. What is the point in buying the cheaper option if we can get the better option. I hope a decision will be made in tomorrow's meeting to draw this saga to a close.
Siggy - So we understand it on 09:56 - Aug 15 with 1226 viewslondonlisa2001

Siggy - So we understand it on 00:17 - Aug 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

I keep up just fine.

Everton certainly do have the leverage.

They had it the second it was obvious we wanted to sell him rather than keep him (which we did by not playing him in pre season).

I don't understand all the efforts being made on here though to describe Siggy as though he's been the model professional. He couldn't even be bothered to put on the new kit for the kids for a couple of hours. There are rumours that the delay at the moment is being caused by our unwillingness to pay him a £2.5m bonus he is demanding for not handing in a transfer request.
And a lot of the angst has been caused by his agent (I,e, him) putting out details in the papers.

He's as money driven as the rest of them. Not sure why he gets such a free pass.
Siggy - So we understand it on 10:05 - Aug 15 with 1188 viewsPegojack

Siggy - So we understand it on 09:56 - Aug 15 by londonlisa2001

They had it the second it was obvious we wanted to sell him rather than keep him (which we did by not playing him in pre season).

I don't understand all the efforts being made on here though to describe Siggy as though he's been the model professional. He couldn't even be bothered to put on the new kit for the kids for a couple of hours. There are rumours that the delay at the moment is being caused by our unwillingness to pay him a £2.5m bonus he is demanding for not handing in a transfer request.
And a lot of the angst has been caused by his agent (I,e, him) putting out details in the papers.

He's as money driven as the rest of them. Not sure why he gets such a free pass.

Spot on, Lisa, the club have handled this incredibly badly. Contrast how we've dealt with it compared to Southampton's handling of the Van Dijk affair.

We should have insisted that Siggy carry on as normal, as a member of the squad who needed to train, and who needed to be available to play in all the pre season fixtures, and at Southampton. We've backed ourselves into a corner. Absolutely pathetic.

The best thing we can do now is to give Everton one final message - sign the deal on our terms by 5.00pm Thursday or it's all off, he remains our player and gets on with making a vital contribution to our Premier League season. If Siggy doesn't like it and plays up, he doesn't get paid because he's in breach of contract and he can sit in the stand until he changes his mind.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 10:11]
Siggy - So we understand it on 10:17 - Aug 15 with 1146 viewslondonlisa2001

Siggy - So we understand it on 10:05 - Aug 15 by Pegojack

Spot on, Lisa, the club have handled this incredibly badly. Contrast how we've dealt with it compared to Southampton's handling of the Van Dijk affair.

We should have insisted that Siggy carry on as normal, as a member of the squad who needed to train, and who needed to be available to play in all the pre season fixtures, and at Southampton. We've backed ourselves into a corner. Absolutely pathetic.

The best thing we can do now is to give Everton one final message - sign the deal on our terms by 5.00pm Thursday or it's all off, he remains our player and gets on with making a vital contribution to our Premier League season. If Siggy doesn't like it and plays up, he doesn't get paid because he's in breach of contract and he can sit in the stand until he changes his mind.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 10:11]

We have to hope he goes.

Him added to that shambles on Saturday will not make a significant difference over the season.

When people talk about 'it's what we had last year', they are missing the point that we're not playing the same teams. Others around us have significantly strengthened (not saying all their signings will be good ones). We, at present, have not strengthened even slightly. In fact, with Leon, Routs, Rangel etc all being even older, we have been weakened. It's quite shocking.
Siggy - So we understand it on 12:24 - Aug 15 with 1014 viewsAngelRangelQS

I can't believe that we haven't moved on in a whole month. No new offers and Siggy still out of the team.

Assuming we are still locked in some sort of deadlock with Everton, what does not involving him say about our intentions? It's clear we want to sell so it's no wonder they haven't budged. They know they're going to get him and it's just a case of when.

Aside from him picking up a serious injury, we just seem to have put ourselves in the worst position we possibly could be in
Siggy - So we understand it on 12:41 - Aug 15 with 950 viewsFlashberryjack

Siggy - So we understand it on 09:56 - Aug 15 by londonlisa2001

Other than being obvious that we want to sell, is the rest of your post fact, or just rumours ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:49 - Aug 15 with 929 viewsLandore_Jack

Everton on brink of sealing £45m deal for Gylfi Sigurdsson as Swansea star nears end to transfer saga

Everton are proposing £40million up front with two lots of £2.5m in add-ons

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4792008/Everton-brink-sealing-

#backtojack

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:52 - Aug 15 with 912 viewsWhiterockin

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:49 - Aug 15 by Landore_Jack

Everton on brink of sealing £45m deal for Gylfi Sigurdsson as Swansea star nears end to transfer saga

Everton are proposing £40million up front with two lots of £2.5m in add-ons

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4792008/Everton-brink-sealing-

One £2.5M to us one to Siggy?
Siggy - So we understand it on 12:52 - Aug 15 with 907 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's off soon

Chadli incoming

According to my Spanish sauces

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:55 - Aug 15 with 895 viewsLandore_Jack

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:52 - Aug 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's off soon

Chadli incoming

According to my Spanish sauces

Daily Mail stating that WBA want 25M for Chadli. F*cking crazy if true.

#backtojack

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:57 - Aug 15 with 883 viewsLandore_Jack

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:52 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

One £2.5M to us one to Siggy?

Or his agent

#backtojack

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:57 - Aug 15 with 881 viewsFlashberryjack

Siggy - So we understand it on 12:55 - Aug 15 by Landore_Jack

Daily Mail stating that WBA want 25M for Chadli. F*cking crazy if true.

Although I think Chadli will be an improvement on what we have.......but £25 FFS

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024